Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Paulegend wrote: »
    no but we are also missing the 30 goals that he would score for us meaning that we would be 60 goals less off than arsenal:rolleyes:
    That would only put them 30 goals ahead of us. We aren't conceding goals with the loss of Suarez ;)

Suarez leaves Liverpool. Scores 0 goals for Liverpool.
    Suarez joins Arsenal. Scores 30 goals for Arsenal

Liverpool = 0
    Arsenal = 30

We aren't getting negative goals when he leaves so the difference is 30.

picard_wtf_riker_i_know.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

jenno86 wrote: »
    If it meant not signing for Arsenal I would go for it.

Mainly said in jest but there is a degree of sense to it.

Suarez gets CL.

We lose his disrultive influence.

Arsenal don't have to blow their budget for a couple of seasons on one player.

At the end of the year we would take a hit on his fee but we get a loan fee and save wages and he moves to the continent and everyone is happy.

It also calls the owners bluff on the funds that are there without his sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So, to change tack, we should have a couple of bids into Anzhi today, yes? Willian, Zhirkov and Eto'o would interest me at the very least.

Sorry but that is a no go, Lloyd. I called dibs last night on trying to go after some Zenit players with either Suarez or the Suarez money going the other way. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Suarez leaves Liverpool. Scores 0 goals for Liverpool.
    Suarez joins Arsenal. Scores 30 goals for Arsenal

Liverpool = 0
    Arsenal = 30

We aren't getting negative goals when he leaves so the difference is 30.

Thats like saying we are gonna play with ten players, reminds me of when people used to say oh wed be x far down in the league without his goals, of course we would because that insinuates wed literally be playing with ten men for every game. The club has sold great players and lived on and went on to achieve great things in the years after just like this situation. Dont want to see him in a liverpool shirt ever again, not senior or reserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This thread has proven time an time again that it's not a great place to come for a maths lesson ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Grayditch wrote: »
    This thread has proven time an time again that it's not a great place to come for a maths lesson ;)

2+2 = 5 Gray. Clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

it doesnt matter that we would have a differnent player. a new player could score 80 goals it means feck all. how are you not getting it

suarez plays for liverpool he scores 30 goals
    suarez doesnt play for liverpool then liverpool need to find those 30 goals somewhere else............................... it doesnt matter if it gerrard sturridge or someone new. fact is if suarez leaves we need to replace those goals and unless we did we would be 60 goals worse off than arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

it doesnt matter that we would have a differnent player. a new player could score 80 goals it means feck all. how are you not getting it

suarez doesnt play for liverpool then liverpool need to find those 30 goals somewhere else............................... it doesnt matter if it gerrard sturridge or someone new. fact is if suarez leaves we need to replace those goals and unless we did we would be 60 goals worse off than arsenal

Stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If Suarez goes to Arsenal, Liverpool don't start playing with 10 and Arsenal with 12. Suarez would score goals others would have for Arsenal and Liverpool players will score some that Suarez would have for Liverpool.

Ok, Suarez scores goals and at least some of them would have been scored by others at Arsenal. Its not exactly difficult to understand the logic turd.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Vicxas wrote: »
    2+2 = 5 Gray. Clearly.

you forgot the demoninator, check your hyponthenuses.

RasTa wrote: »
    Stop

how are ye not understanding that???

ok lets say you put spearing in instead of suarez................. does make up for it??

last year liverpool scored 71 goals
    arsenal scored 72

if suarez was at arsenal then they would have scored 102
    where we would have scored 41

it doesnt matter that anyone would have polayed in suarez's position it could have been andy carroll or spearing it wouldnt matter. a person taking a spot on the pitch doesnt mean goals

If Suarez scores goals others WOULD score for arsenal why do they want him?

AdamD wrote: »
    If Suarez goes to Arsenal, Liverpool don't start playing with 10 and Arsenal with 12. Suarez would score goals others would have for Arsenal and Liverpool players will score some that Suarez would have for Liverpool.

why even bother keeping suarez then if our other players will score those goals????

if ot was that simple then arsenal wouldnt want him and either would we. borini is hardly putting them away. sterling got a couple but isnt the finished we need. sturridge was amazing but other than that who would score those goals or even some of them???

Wacky Wathemathics Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

on the decline yes i think they are

sell top players every season and this season ye sell yer world class

therefore decline. when ye sign someone of note ill be happy to retract my statement but right now yer club is on teh decline. ye dont even play the pretty football

Actually, we've been remarkably consistant in terms of league finishes, progression out of CL stages and trophies won for the last say, 8 years or so.

We're level, some say treading water, some say stagnant but not really declining.

Unless you're talking about long term decline ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Sabermetrics eat your heart out.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ok lets say you put spearing in instead of suarez................. does make up for it??

arsenal scored 72

it doesnt matter that anyone would have polayed in suarez's position it could have been andy carroll or spearing it wouldnt matter. a person taking a spot on the pitch doesnt mean goals

a. He only got 23 league goals, not 30.
    b. That is far too simplistic. Arsenal lost van Persie who scored around 30 league goals for them and they didn't score 30 league goals less last season, they scored 2.
    c. It's a silly argument anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Have you ever seen the Premier League table at the start of the new season?

Lots of zeros. Wins, draws, losses, goals for/against all zeros.

If Suarez plays the season and scores 30 goals for LFC, then whatever else happens that's +30 in the bank.

If he plays the season for Arsenal and scores 30, that's +30 in their bank.

Liverpool don't start off -30 on goal difference because he's fecked off elsewhere.

Last season is gone. They need others to score, of course, but there is no magical 60 goal swing here.

Your logic is something like this:

I had 30 apples last year. I ate them all. I was gonna eat 30 apples next year but the fruit n veg man is delivering them elsewhere. I now need 60 apples for some reason to maintain parity with the Jones up the road.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

arsenal scored 72

But it's a bit unfair when Arsenal get to field 12 players and Liverpoool only 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Jesus Christ.

Anyone got a link for valarenga later pm me please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I think it's just hit me how shít this season is gonna be :(

There's 26 days left in the Transfer Window, big things need to happen or else we are looking at a possibly worse season than last.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Sneijder - 29 now, possibly 28 when his name was being linked last December/January. Only one manager has got the best out of him.

Hulk - We should out there bidding €50-60M for him is my favourite comment of the year truth be told. Apparently he had a great game against Liverpool which is absolute, comical disillusion. He was god awful bar his goal. I remember saying as much in the away match thread. Always been immensely over hyped, always! I was disappointed Chelsea didn't waste money on him last summer.

Kaka - 29 and a shadow of his former self and I hate saying that as he's one of my favourite players in the last decade and a bit. Truly saddens me to see how his career has panned out since/

Eto'o - 32 and over the hill, over the hill with insane wages that is. Like Kaka, I hate seeing what's happened to him, but unlike Kaka, as someone said earlier the day Eto'o signed that contract, his career was effectively over. If anyone has watched Anzhi, be it against Liverpool or in the Russian league, he looks out of his depth.

And the majority here need a reality check? Signing these players is a sign of ambition for some :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

SlickRic wrote: »
    i just can't believe Suarez is somehow the victim again.

stop using the word v****m.

Or do Pool fans get offended only when non-Pool fans use that word?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

T-K-O wrote: »
    Have you guys actually watched Eto play for Anzhi?

He strolls around the pitch acting the Bertie Big Bollock and does absolutely nothing. Eto effectively retired by signing that contract.
    Don't think he has been that bad. He's averaging a goal every two games and was names on last seasons Russian Team of the year. Obviously he's not hitting the heights he was a few seasons back but he's still doing ok.

5starpool wrote: »
    a. He only got 23 league goals, not 30.
    b. That is far too simplistic. Arsenal lost van Persie who scored around 30 league goals for them and they didn't score 30 league goals less last season, they scored 2.
    c. It's a silly argument anyhow.

doesnt matter that he only scored 23 im just using it as an example. he scored 30 in all comps and tahts what needs to be replicated. arsenal replaced rvps goals. thats what i am saying. liverpool will have to replace suarez's goals whether thats with current players or new players
    Have you ever seen the Premier League table at the start of the new season?

Lots of zeros. Wins, draws, losses, goals for/against all zeros.

If Suarez plays the season and scores 30 goals for LFC, then whatever else happens that's +30 in the bank.

If he plays the season for Arsenal and scores 30, that's +30 in their bank.

Liverpool don't start off -30 on goal difference because he's fecked off elsewhere.

Last season is gone. They need others to score, of course, but there is no magical 60 goal swing here.

Your logic is something like this:

I had 30 apples last year. I ate them all. I was gonna eat 30 apples next year but the fruit n veg man is delivering them elsewhere. I now need 60 apples for some reason to maintain parity with the Jones up the road.

im not saying we start 30 goals less off but im saying that as every game goes on we are not getting the 30 that suarez would score. we will get 40 other goals yes but those 40 other goals also came last season and we cant just rely on those 40 goals.

all im saying is that if borini played instead of suarez and didnt score at all this season where would the 30 goals suarez scored come from???

therefore we would be 60 goals less off than the team who gets suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

All the maths on the thread remind me of this, just replace science with math....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Kaka if his injuries can be managed could still surprise everyone, big if though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Suarez just put in your transfer request.

Or is this too much for you, you biting, racist hateful little man.

No tienes cojones! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Totally agree on Hulk, he is an average player with an extraordinary agent. I believe Don Draper is involved in his marketing.

Eto done. Sneijder, I have no interest in. IMO Kaka could still offer something but he won't find form at Real. For Kakas sake, he should really get out of Spain

i think its more the meaning behind that post yesterday

"always a victim" is a horrible venomus statement to make and one that is bred of ignorance

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Don't think he has been that bad. He's averaging a goal every two games and was names on last seasons Russian Team of the year. Obviously he's not hitting the heights he was a few seasons back but he's still doing ok.

Anthony Stokes bangs them in up in the SPL, doesn't mean anything.

Eto is finished, he is a shadow of the man he once was. Signing him would be a huge mistake.

Pighead wrote: »

Being their penalty taker helps. Anzhi were on ESPN quite regularly last season during the early midweek KO's and he was very much a shadow of his former self.

All about the context....but you already knew that.

I think some people need to revise their maths tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Stop mentioning Eto'o, pls.

If we're going to get someone from Anzhi, then it has to be Willian.

Turtyturd wrote: »

He knew exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

It turns out that Suarez will lose a £2.5 million "loyalty bonus" when he puts in a transfer request.

Explains a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Torres leaving broke my heart. Suarez, zero emotion for him right now.

He demands Liverpool stick by their word, this coming from a man who blamed the media for wanting to leave initially, now it turns out he half had an eye on the exit door last year while signing a contract.

I can understand from a players point of view that he wants to play at the highest level, that he wants CL football, but there are very few teams who would have stuck by him as much as LFC have since his arrival, for him to pull the rug on them like this and give an interview which basically threatens to hand in a transfer request, yet claims to love the fans and make the clubs hierarchy out to be liars. Get a fúckin grip there Luis.

He's world class, he's going to be hard to replace but I genuinely don't want to see a player who acts against the clubs interests like he has lately, playing for the club. I don't want to see him at Arsenal for obvious reasons but I really want him out sooner rather than later.

Turtyturd wrote: »

I'd thank this twice if I could. I should just create a second account like a few others here do :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

mrsoundie wrote: »
    It turns out that Suarez will lose a £2.5 million "loyalty bonus" when he puts in a transfer request.

Explains a lot.

Well that's what happens when you're disloyal.

Drop in the ocean when compared to his career earnings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Totally agree on Hulk, he is an average player with an extraordinary agent. I believe Don Draper is involved in his marketing.

Eto done. Sneijder, I have no interest in. IMO Kaka could still offer something but he won't find form at Real. For Kakas sake, he should really get out of Spain

Wouldn't surprise me to see Ancelotti revive Kaka at Madrid. He was damn near the perfect example of an AM during Ancelotti's reign at Milan.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Torres leaving broke my heart. Suarez, zero emotion for him right now.

He demands Liverpool stick by their word, this coming from a man who blamed the media for wanting to leave initially, now it turns out he half had an eye on the exit door last year while signing a contract.

I can understand from a players point of view that he wants to play at the highest level, that he wants CL football, but there are very few teams who would have stuck by him as much as LFC have since his arrival, for him to pull the rug on them like this and give an interview which basically threatens to hand in a transfer request, yet claims to love the fans and make the clubs hierarchy out to be liars. Get a fúckin grip there Luis.

He's world class, he's going to be hard to replace but I genuinely don't want to see a player who acts against the clubs interests like he has lately, playing for the club. I don't want to see him at Arsenal for obvious reasons but I really want him out sooner rather than later.

This.

As a grown man :D I was a little devestated when Torres left for Chelski
    and yes it's a shame to loose a player like Suarez but at this point Im not that bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I must say Rodgers has managed the little pr*ck very well.

Love the way he supposedly told him that he could leave if we didn't get top 4, and he's changed his mind.

About time somebody stood up and played these players at their own game.

Make no mistake though, if Suarez joins Arsenal, he won't spend a year falling over the ball. That definitely helped with Torres.

@ cson

and I would be delighted if that happened. They have far too many options at the club, Unless they sold someone I would insist on a move, If I was Kaka

• Advertisement

Make no mistake though, if Suarez joins Arsenal, he won't spend a year falling over the ball. That definitely helped with Torres.

Maybe Souness would sign a 2 game deal, show Agger how to welcome back the old boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Sneijder - 29 now, possibly 28 when his name was being linked last December/January. Only one manager has got the best out of him.

Hulk - We should bid out there bidding €50-60M for him is my favourite comment of the year truth be told. Apparently he had a great game against Liverpool which is absolute, comical disillusion. He was god awful bar his goal. I remember saying as much in the away match thread. Always been immensely over hyped, always! I was disappointed Chelsea didn't waste money on him last summer.

Kaka - 29 and a shadow of his former self and I hate saying that as he's one of my favourite players in the last decade and a bit. Truly saddens me to see how his career has panned out since/

Eto'o - 32 and over the hill, over the hill with insane wages that is. Like Kaka, I hate seeing what's happened to him, but unlike Kaka, as someone said earlier the day Eto'o signed that contract, his career was effectively over. If anyone has watched Anzhi, be it against Liverpool or in the Russian league, he looks out of his step.

And the majority here need a reality check? Signing these players is a sign of ambition for some :o

There are two Zenit players I would love to see at Liverpool and Hulk is not one of them. Still think he could do very well at the right club, but for the money he would cost he would be too big a gamble for Liverpool in the very unlikely event he had any interest at all in joining.

Maybe Souness would sign a 2 game deal, show Agger how to welcome back the old boys.

Or we could write into the deal that Souness has to manage Arsenal for those two games. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Hulk - We should bid out there bidding €50-60M for him is my favourite comment of the year truth be told. Apparently he had a great game against Liverpool which is absolute, comical disillusion. He was god awful bar his goal. I remember saying as much in the away match thread. Always been immensely over hyped, always! I was disappointed Chelsea didn't waste money on him last summer.

Eto'o - 32 and over the hill, over the hill with insane wages that is. Like Kaka, I hate seeing what's happened to him, but unlike Kaka, as someone said earlier the day Eto'o signed that contract, his career was effectively over. If anyone has watched Anzhi, be it against Liverpool or in the Russian league, he looks out of his step.

And yet if any of those players were in the squad today they start against Stoke. Funny that eh?

Or we could write into the deal that Souness has to manage Arsenal for those two games. :pac:

:D even better

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement