Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

The First Quote has been Posted awhile back, but the 2nd one is new.
    Ian Lynam ‏@ianlynam 16m
    Suarez argument re. L'pool's verbal undertakings is a non-runner. Contract includes an "entire agreement" clause, excludes prior verbal agt.

Ian Lynam ‏@ianlynam 5s
    @lucammaapparel It's a Premier League standard form document. You can look at it yourself on-line.

Ian Lynam is a Sports lawyer. Joint Head of Sport at Charles Russell LLP. Limerick man in London. London, UK.

This puts to bed the Handshake whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

wawaman wrote: »
    As an Arsenal fan im behind enemy lines here! He would miss the qualifier but could then be registered for the group stage. His first league game for Arsenal would be the 28th September. Arsenal play a League cup game the midweek before that game and that would be the 6th game of the ban

This post is making a lot of assumptions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Witsel and...?

I used to be a big fan of Danny, it's a damn shame he played out the majority of his career in Russia.

Likewise Anyukov and Shirokov, the former I remember being very impressed with him during Zenit's UEFA Cup win and following that, his performances Euro 2008. Was based on that I wanted Liverpool to sign him back then.

Criscito. With Ansaldi (another good full back albeit a more robust one in terms of playing style) having recently signed, Criscito may be moved on as he, like Witsel, is rumoured to be less than happy with life at Zenit.

If Danny, Shirokov, and Anyukov were a little younger then would have fancied any of them for the current Liverpool team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

This is probably pure madness but i'm due one.

I genuinely wouldn't be against any club in the top half of the league going in for Kevin Doyle.

He's declined rapidly in recent years but a lot of that has to be down to circumstances at Wolves.

For less than £1m and if a good coach can get his hands on him, could be a steal for a back-up squad player for any side.

At his very best, he could easily provide half decent cover for most sides.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

wawaman wrote: »
    As an Arsenal fan im behind enemy lines here! He would miss the qualifier but could then be registered for the group stage. His first league game for Arsenal would be the 28th September. Arsenal play a League cup game the midweek before that game and that would be the 6th game of the ban

I know he could still be registered for the group stages, but I thought Arsenal, as a team in europe got a bye to the 4th round of the league cup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

The First Quote has been Posted awhile back, but the 2nd one is new.

Ian Lynam is a Sports lawyer. Joint Head of Sport at Charles Russell LLP. Limerick man in London. London, UK.

This puts to bed the Handshake whatever.

We don't need a lawyer to tell us verbal agreements mean nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

5starpool wrote: »
    OK, put it another way. When van Persie went to utd they actually scored less goals in the league despite him being the leagues top scorer, and no one can say he wasn't integral to them.

It's not as simple as 'we lose the goals they gain them'. Obviously he needs to be replaced as a front line player, and with the best quality player possible for us to get, but no one is denying that.

i know what your saying and im not arguing that

all im saying is that

Mignolet
    glen--skrtel---agger--enrique
    --gerrard--lucas--coutinho
    sturridge--suarez--sterling

this might be a team that can score lets say for arguments sake 80 goals in the league and cups
    lets say suarez scores 30 and between the rest there are 50

Mignolet
    sturridge--???????--sterling

now all im saying is that this team has 50 goals in them which is 30 less than suarez's help. now im not pretending that he wont be replaced. all im saying is that the question mark player will have to be a player who can score that many goals or help the team to get that many goals. maybe the player we bring in is james mccarthy for example. we would shuffle players around like coutihno up front with sturridge in the center. now maybe instead of sturridge getting 15 goals maybe he scores 25 because instead of just providing assists he is now on the end of them. im not denying that the players we have are capable of subsidizing suarez's goal tally but im saying that we need to replace the goals.

if the questionmark player was borini and didnt score a single goal then we would have lost out on the 30 goals that suarez would have scored.

likewise with arsenal they have been getting goals from all over the field. but lets say that suarez went into the team and replaced someone who doesnt score as often. lets say that the ox swapped with ramsey and suarez went into the team instead of ramsey. now they still have the goals in the team that they had before suarez but they also now have suarez. he may not score as many as 30 since the goals would probably be more shared out but he could score between 20-30 goals

this is where im coming from. while the player we replace suarez is questionmark then we are up to 60 goals worse off than arsenal.

the player to be questionmark could easily be aspas alberto ibe or even joe allen. its about who replaces the man on the field and can they add assists or goals. if they can then we will be fine but until then my point stands

now i cant make that point any more clearer i hope someone has understood it:D

I genuinely wouldn't be against any club in the top half of the league going in for Kevin Doyle.

He's declined rapidly in recent years but a lot of that has to be down to circumstances at Wolves.

For less than £1m and if a good coach can get his hands on him, could be a steal for a back-up squad player for any side.

Get out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Paulegend wrote: »
    yea lets not leave factual information cloud our heads:rolleyes:

What???

Methinks you may have inhaled a bit too much of what they are smoking over on the Arsenal thread.

Ok. I will type slowly and hopefully you can keep up.

Last years goals cannot be carried forward to this year. It is past. Gone. Finished. Or as they say in the Arsenal thread, fini.

A bit like last years points cannot be brought forward.

Now if Suarez stayed with us there is no quarantee he would score 30 goals. He might pull a hamstring or break a tooth and be out for 3 months. He may even do the same for whatever club he is going to.

Its a bit like saying if fergie managed us this season we would start 21 points better off.

Thats the way things happen in this reality, you know, the one where matches count.

I understand your argument but i dont follow football in that reality.

I hope this helps explain why it doesnt count here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

T-K-O wrote: »
    Such comments are as silly as the 'sell Luis and buy {inset world star}

What happened when Torres left? We found Suarez. No doubt talent is difficult to find but thats a job for the scouts.

Yes, LFC have declined but remember who we are, you would think this is an Aston Villa thread the way some people go on.

Let's see. I say we won't replace him with another 30 goal a season player. we'll see who is right. There a number of reasons which will affect this, number 1 being the upcoming world cup year. Players will come to England, like Suarez did looking for a bigger paycheck and the chance for champs league. He genuinely came in 2011 looking for Champs league, at that stage he had reasonable cause to believe it. Arsenal were losing players and not looking competitive, obviously that is changing, Spurs had not found the level they were at now, obviously they have progressed. City, Chelsea and Utd remain the same. Add into the equation the growing attraction of German leagues, the new billionaires in France and Monaco and the stabilisation of the Italian League where teams are looking more competitive and you can see how your comments don't really reflect reality and the changing landscape of football from 2011 to 2013.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    They wouldn't start for us? :confused:

They wouldn't come to us in the first place lol , its amazing you and Alan go to great lengths to tell us how unattractive we are to the top players because we're not in the CL and have a hopeless manager then come out with pie in the sky suggestions like Eto and his ilk . So which is it are we the red headed step child or not ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/07/luis-suarez-liverpool-arsenal-loyalty?CMP=twt_gu

The guardian come out and say " See we told you Suarez was a bad guy, he came to us"

Im amazed you guys get any goals at all when you dont have the goals that Owen Fowler and Rush score anymore

because the goals where always replaced with other top strikers as hopefully they will be after suarez

I am pie wrote: »
    Let's see. I say we won't replace him with another 30 goal a season player. we'll see who is right. There a number of reasons which will affect this, number 1 being the upcoming world cup year. Players will come to England, like Suarez did looking for a bigger paycheck and the chance for champs league. He genuinely came in 2011 looking for Champs league, at that stage he had reasonable cause to believe it. Arsenal were losing players and not looking competitive, obviously that is changing, Spurs had not found the level they were at now, obviously they have progressed. City, Chelsea and Utd remain the same. Add into the equation the growing attraction of German leagues, the new billionaires in France and Monaco and the stabilisation of the Italian League where teams are looking more competitive and you can see how your comments don't really reflect reality and the changing landscape of football from 2011 to 2013.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

An avid sky sports gobbler I see..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Couldn't be any worse than Borini!! :)

But, eh, he was really poor last year for Wolves by all accounts. If Suarez went and we needed a body on Deadline day I'd rather him than no-one like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Any more yokes bud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

They wouldn't come to us in the first place lol , its amazing you and Alan go to great lengths to tell us how unattractive we are to the top players because we're not in the CL and have a hopeless manager then come out with pie in the sky suggestions like Eto and his ilk . Which is it ???

Put in a bid and offer your best deal. We're not even trying! We never got a bid for Soldado accepted. If we had got permission to speak to him and he turned it down, fine. It's the assumption that no-one will come when we rarely attempt getting to first base.

And the Anzhi guys may very well come our way if the money was right. Willian would satisfy the FSG plan side of things too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

An avid sky sports gobbler I see..

No. I don't live in a Sky Sports broadcasting part of the world, as to what that has to do with me pointing out your argument wasn't based in reality...

i know what your saying and im not arguing that

all im saying is that

Mignolet
    sturridge--suarez--sterling

this might be a team that can score lets say for arguments sake 80 goals in the league and cups
    lets say suarez scores 30 and between the rest there are 50

Mignolet
    sturridge--???????--sterling

now all im saying is that this team has 50 goals in them which is 30 less than suarez's help. now im not pretending that he wont be replaced. all im saying is that the question mark player will have to be a player who can score that many goals or help the team to get that many goals. maybe the player we bring in is james mccarthy for example. we would shuffle players around like coutihno up front with sturridge in the center. now maybe instead of sturridge getting 15 goals maybe he scores 25 because instead of just providing assists he is now on the end of them. im not denying that the players we have are capable of subsidizing suarez's goal tally but im saying that we need to replace the goals.

if the questionmark player was borini and didnt score a single goal then we would have lost out on the 30 goals that suarez would have scored.

likewise with arsenal they have been getting goals from all over the field. but lets say that suarez went into the team and replaced someone who doesnt score as often. lets say that the ox swapped with ramsey and suarez went into the team instead of ramsey. now they still have the goals in the team that they had before suarez but they also now have suarez. he may not score as many as 30 since the goals would probably be more shared out but he could score between 20-30 goals

this is where im coming from. while the player we replace suarez is questionmark then we are up to 60 goals worse off than arsenal.

the player to be questionmark could easily be aspas alberto ibe or even joe allen. its about who replaces the man on the field and can they add assists or goals. if they can then we will be fine but until then my point stands

now i cant make that point any more clearer i hope someone has understood it:D

I think everyone sees your point, but it is not that simple. We scored 71 league goals last season. If we lose Suarez (who scored 23 league goals) and sign Costa for example, but he scores 10 league goals, we don't automatically score 58 league goals! Sturridge might have a stinker and get 8 goals, but Coutinho might get 15, Aspas might come good and get 17, Gerrard might hit a streak and get 15. Who knows! that's the beauty of football, you can't rationalise in like you are trying to. Yes we need to replace Suarez, but no one can accurately predict what will happen, although obviously if 100 people predict, one of them will probably turn out to be right THAT TIME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Any more yokes bud?

ha :) 800k is all they are looking for though.

Meh i'd be fine with a small purchase like that as a 5th striker in the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

on the plus side there's no way Andy Carroll is going to cost us €35M this time round

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Kess73 wrote: »
    Criscito. With Ansaldi (another good full back albeit a more robust one in terms of playing style) having recently signed, Criscito may be moved on as he, like Witsel, is rumoured to be less than happy with life at Zenit.

If Danny, Shirokov, and Anyukov were a little younger then would have fancied any of them for the current Liverpool team.

Criscito is a good shout and one I'd have starting instead of Enrique, though he's suffered a fairly bad injury I remember reading recently.

Didn't realise Zenit signed Ansaldi though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mr Alan wrote: »
    You realise how little time is left in this window realistically?

The world & it's mother has known where this has been headed for months at this stage. We should have been working our asses off to recruit a replacement/replacements prior to allowing Suarez to leave, like we did with Torres/Suarez by all accounts.

i haven't argued with any of this :confused:

i've actually highlighted previously to people in this thread that there is no excuse for no signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Tony Barrett hit the nail on the head for me, this is killing us two ways. Suarez will leave, we'll have a lump of cash which we won't be able to spend as the required standard of replacements won't come here.

It may be difficult, but not impossible. There will be players out there who will be swayed to put the lack of CL/EL football this season aside, in exchange for a move to a huge club, on top wages, and in the shop window should they perform well. Unlike a big money move to Russia or Turkey, moving to England very much keeps you visible to the big clubs.

It is eminently possible that we can convince a player to waive CL/EL football this season with a combination of the Star Player factor (playing with Stevie, Agger, Coutinho), the brand of the club, and the £££.

I think everyone sees your point, but it is not that simple. We scored 71 league goals last season. If we lose Suarez (who scored 23 league goals) and sign Costa for example, but he scores 10 league goals, we don't automatically score 58 league goals! Sturridge might have a stinker and get 8 goals, but Coutinho might get 15, Aspas might come good and get 17, Gerrard might hit a streak and get 15. Who knows! that's the beauty of football, you can't rationalise in like you are trying to. Yes we need to replace Suarez, but no one can accurately predict what will happen, although obviously if 100 people predict, one of them will probably turn out to be right THAT TIME.

but all i was stating that it wasnt as simple as losing a striker who could score 30 goals. but it was more that our direct rivals where also going to gain a striker that can score 30 goals

its a simple and very factual statement and i was ridiculed for making it. youd swear i just pissed on the pitch at anfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

We don't need a lawyer to tell us verbal agreements mean nothing

Yeah just ask Lord Trollington :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

gimli2112 wrote: »
    on the plus side there's no way Andy Carroll is going to cost us €35M this time round

With the sell on clause and first refusal we might get him for cheaper than we sold him.

Put in a bid and offer your best deal. We're not even trying! We never got a bid for Soldado accepted. If we had got permission to speak to him and he turned it down, fine. It's the assumption that no-one will come when we rarely attempt getting to first base.

And the Anzhi guys may very well come our way if the money was right. Willian would satisfy the FSG plan side of things too.

Not everything gets reported Lloyd, in fact most of what is reported is misinformation. Would you like Rodgers to turn into Redknapp "well we had a look at the boy Eto'o, triffic player, but 'e wasn't interested. That Hulk lad is anovver we asked about, but 'e wanted silly wages".

No thanks.

We may have been in touch with clubs about several players you would be delighted with, but we'll never know.

gimli2112 wrote: »

We might pay that for someone like Martinez though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

How do you know what we are doing or who we are bidding for? You are just listening to rumours and making assumptions but you dont know what is going on like the rest of us.
    I didnt think we were in for Soldado at all but didnt somebody like Barrett (wasnt him but someone like that) say we did actually bid for him and got turned down around the 22m mark.

but all i was stating that it wasnt as simple as losing a striker who could score 30 goals. but it was more that our direct rivals where also going to gain a striker that can score 30 goals

its a simple and very factual statement and i was ridiculed for making it. youd swear i just pissed on the pitch at anfield.

But we get to replace him with a player that perhaps scores 20, while Arsenal drop a player who might have scored 20. So the difference is -10 for us and +10 for them!

Criscito is a good shout and one I'd have starting instead of Enrique.

Didn't realise Zenit signed Ansaldi though.

Yep they seemed to have snapped him up on the quiet. Tough tackling full back who seems to be able to tackle just as well with either foot. Good pace and aggression as well.

Them buying him suggests, to me anyway, that Criscito might be available unless of course they are going to putAnsaldi atright back.

Criscito would be a big upgrade on Enrique imho. Don't always like using stereotypes to describe a player, but Criscito is damn close to being a stereotypical Italian fullback in a positive way. Good pace, good tackler, good on the ball, and excellent at reading play. Has a hint of a steely streak running through him as well. Would see a player of his ilk working very well with Agger on the left side of our defence.

Having said that, the left back we have been linked with over the past week, Siqueira, would be a cracking bit of business as well imo.

No. I don't live in a Sky Sports broadcasting part of the world, as to what that has to do with me pointing out your argument wasn't based in reality...

Like sky sports your previous comment was an over reaction akin to a petulant child ala Sky Sports.

The major change in football is the money in France. PSG and Monaco have bags of cash but they can't sign everyone.

'He genuinely came in 2011 looking for Champs league' Is that right yeah? He could have played in the CL with Ajax? Last january he genuinely stated he was at the club he always wanted to play for and that he would stay regardless of CL.

It's amazing how people pick and choose a genuine comment.

Dickerty wrote: »
    It may be difficult, but not impossible. There will be players out there who will be swayed to put the lack of CL/EL football this season aside, in exchange for a move to a huge club, on top wages, and in the shop window should they perform well. Unlike a big money move to Russia or Turkey, moving to England very much keeps you visible to the big clubs.

It is eminently possible that we can convince a player to waive CL/EL football this season with a combination of the Star Player factor (playing with Stevie, Agger, Coutinho), the brand of the club, and the £££.

That's the thing though, we aren't paying top wages generally now, it's moved to incentive base payments with lower base salaries, which is great for younger players, but we can't do what City did 5 years ago and wave around silly money for players who will improve us but aren't worth the silly money.

Did you just piss on the pitch? Come on, own up now if you did, you're only making it worse for yourself!

I think we all know the importance of not losing him to Arsenal, it's been discussed to death at this stage. You were preaching to the choir, but using a method that is more suitable to preaching to the alter boys, or something similarly obtuse and unclear.

gafferino wrote: »
    Yeah just ask Lord Trollington :P

Day or night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Do you play chess at all by any chance?

Knex. wrote: »
    Wonder would Chelsea accept 40/50m for Kevin De Bruyne and Lukaku.

Probably not, but would make me feel a lot better about the whole thing.

Rather he went abroad but if not, and the Rooney deal doesn't come to anything, offer them Suarez for KDB and Lukaku as I've said before.

We get the CAM we need, someone who offers goals and assists. One of the stars of the Bundesliga last season and considering everything he had to do there, I honestly consider him as the MVP of last season as Bremen would have been relegated without him.

Plus we get Lukaku who has all the ability in the world to be deemed as one of the very best strikers in the world. He's probably the one who is mostly unlikely to leave, at least for another couple of years though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,304 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I know he could still be registered for the group stages, but I thought Arsenal, as a team in europe got a bye to the 4th round of the league cup?

Nope teasm in Europe start the league cup in the 3rd round

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Do you play chess at all by any chance?

Was that for me? edit I guess not

But we get to replace him with a player that perhaps scores 20, while Arsenal drop a player who might have scored 20. So the difference is -10 for us and +10 for them!

in that case why buy anyone. sure morgon might have scored 20 goals if we played him instead

fact is only one arsenal player was capable of that kinda goal tally last season and since we cant predict the future last season is all we can go on

• Advertisement

Yep they seemed to have snapped him up on the quiet. Tough tackling full back who seems to be able to tackle just as well with either foot. Good pace and aggression as well.

Them buying him suggests, to me anyway, that Criscito might be available unless of course they are going to putAnsaldi atright back.

Criscito would be a big upgrade on Enrique imho. Don't always like using stereotypes to describe a player, but Criscito is damn close to being a stereotypical Italian fullback in a positive way. Good pace, good tackler, good on the ball, and excellent at reading play. Has a hint of a steely streak running through him as well. Would see a player of his ilk working very well with Agger on the left side of our defence.

Having said that, the left back we have been linked with over the past week, Siqueira, would be a cracking bit of business as well imo.

Can't comment on him myself but it seems those who've seen Granada play do rate him going on what they've seen alright.

I think we'll be disappointed there. I'd be surprised if we signed a new starting LB, partly because the money would be better spent elsewhere (and some decent loans appear available), and partly because Enrique is not a bad performer. He's pretty effective in attack, and doesn't make too many individual errors...

Nope teasm in Europe start the league cup in the 3rd round

Ah right, does that mean that we play in round 2 then? With all the chopping and changing we have been doing in/out of europe the last few years I forget :o

If so, he would be available for us on Sep 21st if he stayed, providing we win our second round tie.

That's the thing though, we aren't paying top wages generally now, it's moved to incentive base payments with lower base salaries, which is great for younger players, but we can't do what City did 5 years ago and wave around silly money for players who will improve us but aren't worth the silly money.

Did you just piss on the pitch? Come on, own up now if you did, you're only making it worse for yourself!

I think we all know the importance of not losing him to Arsenal, it's been discussed to death at this stage. You were preaching to the choir, but using a method that is more suitable to preaching to the alter boys, or something similarly obtuse and unclear.

well i was probably on my ahem week off, when this was discussed on here. i tried explaining it in a way that shows the plain hard truth that its not as simple as them gaining or us losing but both

now ive also said that with the team we have now we could just as easily score the same goals and that would be great. but im just worried that if we wait to sell before we replace then we are going to be left paying 40 million for god forbid kevin doyle

jesus this season is going to do alot of damage to my liver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Dont forget a World Cup year. Great opportunity to pick up someone on the fringes of the national side and see if they can put in a good year to get back in.

Saying that, I have no examples. But I'm out of my mind on Xanex so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭banie01

This interview from Suarez is the end of his time at Liverpool...
    I'd love to be wrong, I'd love for our club to be the one that goes the whole hog and even as far as LFC being the ones to sue Suarez for ''Specific performance'' of his contract.
    Assuming of course that the clause Suarez is banging on about doesn't actually exist.
    I'd love to see a club take a stand and set a precedent, while it may mean poisoin in the dressing room....
    Thats what the reserve squad is for, if he can't perform and behave according to his contract then let him rot there.!
    Contracts are 2 sided deals, and players and agents need to have their current grasp on the power and control broken to a degree.

We always knew he was a C*nt......
    But at least he was our C*nt!!!!
    But this interview is the last straw.....
    Running to the same English media that are ''hounding'' him out of England to engineer a move to London!!!
    Fúcking SCUMBAG!!!!!
    He tarnished King Kenny....
    Who stood by him through the Racism row.
    He acted like a spoilt prick when he bit Ivanovic, and know it looks like he did that with forcing a move in mind!(I owe Boom Bap an apology for that 1 too....Maybe Suarez really is an Evil Genius!)
    He's stained our club, cost our greatest player the credit he deserved for steadying the ship and 2 great cup runs after the Hodgson debaclé due to Kenny choosing to back the player.....
    And now its a clause, a promise, a handshake....
    Make your mind up Luis!
    If he's so certain of this clause, publish it!
    Oh and Luis.....
    Name 1 striker thats left Liverpool and improved?
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
    A great talent....
    Sadly that talent is counterbalanced by a similar lack of class!

banie01 wrote: »
    I'd love to be wrong, I'd love for our club to be the one that goes the whole hog and even as far as LFC being the ones to sue Suarez for ''Specific performance'' of his contract.
    Assuming of course that the clause Suarez is banging on about doesn't actually exist.
    I'd love to see a club take a stand and set a precedent, while it may mean poisoin in the dressing room....
    Thats what the reserve squad is for, if he can't perform and behave according to his contract then let him rot there.!
    Contracts are 2 sided deals, and players and agents need to have their current grasp on the power and control broken to a degree.

Running to the same English media that are ''hounding'' him out of England to engineer a move to London!!!
    Fúcking SCUMBAG!!!!!
    He acted like a spoilt prick when he bit Ivanovic, and know it looks like he did that with forcing a move in mind!(I owe Boom Bap an apology for that 1 too....Maybe Suarez really is an Evil Genius!)
    He's stained our club, cost our greatest player the credit he deserved for steadying the ship and 2 great cup runs after the Hodgson debaclé due to Kenny choosing to back the player.....
    Make your mind up Luis!
    Oh and Luis.....
    A great talent....

Rooney came back from a similar, if not worse position a few years ago. Tevez came back from a worse position a couple of years ago. Footballers stamp their feet and usually get their way, but on occasion they don't and they usually accept things for a while afterwards at least.

It looks intractable, but nothing in football is in reality.

Football is a lie, as Rafa says. Believe nothing until after it has happened, and even then take it with a pinch of salt ;)

Rather he went abroad but if not, and the Rooney deal doesn't come to anything, offer them Suarez for KDB Hazard and Lukaku as I've said before.

We get the CAM we need, someone who offers goals and assists. One of the stars of the Bundesliga last season and considering everything he had to do there, I honestly consider him as the MVP of last season as Bremen would have been relegated without him.

Plus we get Lukaku who has all the ability in the world to be deemed as one of the very best strikers in the world. He's probably the one who is mostly unlikely to leave, at least for another couple of years though.

Much as I rate KDB, I have to fix your post. :pac:

If Chelsea wanted Suarez, then then can go big for him. Hazard and Lukaku would upgrade our starting XI even with Suarez gone.

Lukaku showed last season at West Brom just how effective he could be on the right side of their attack as a right wing forward. Hazard is Hazard and could play on either wing or in the AM slot. Just put Coutinho wherever Hazard is not playing. :D

Sturridge
    Coutinho--Hazard---Lukaku.

Never going to happen, but it is a tasty looking front four that pretty much contain a bit of everything in terms of offensive qualities.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

banie01 wrote: »

Fúcking SCUMBAG!!!!!
    Make your mind up Luis!
    Oh and Luis.....
    A great talent....

I thought you had written a poem to mark the event!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I do a lot of data modelling for baseball (gambling and fantasy motivated mostly) and I've always wanted to come up with a Goals-Above-Replacement stat for soccer similar to a baseball player's WAR - Wins-Above-Replacement which is HUGELY popular in sabermetrics.

I think even if we used the simplest model for the calculation if would be obvious how ridiculous a 60-goal swing sounds. It's probably no more than 25 I would think.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement