Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Hendo is Captain tonight?! Must be a new side with him being the longest serving player starting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I'd nearly sell Suarez to Arsenal if I knew they'd get knocked out before the Champions League group stages to spite the bugger.

You'd like Arsenal to be "concentrating on the league" would you ?

Paulegend wrote: »
    as i said do you honestly believe a club would go on the word of paper talk without first making sure??

So all bids are tapping up since there's never a way to be sure what will be accepted or has to be accepted until afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

fact is your not allowed to talk to a players agent end of................

talking to a players agent is tapping up and it doesnt matter who approached who. arsenal taking a gamble that there is a clause is too much of a coincidence
    If thats the case how do liverpool know about Costas release clause?

Serious question btw I think there may be something about la liga players having one but not sure if its general knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Hendo is captain tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Hendo is Captain tonight?! Must be a new side with him being the longest serving player starting!

That's not necessarily how it works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

as i said do you honestly believe a club would go on the word of paper talk without first making sure??

now maybe they did but earlier in the year there was talk that the clause was 35 million and i didnt hear of a 35 million bid on the table

Why did they bid 30 million first if they knew the clause was 40 all along, obviously there was communication between the clubs when arsenal initially bid, probably said you're wasting your time cause the clause is 40 million tryin to scare arsenal off.

Great point about Costa there, never thought of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There are no secrets in football.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If Suarez's representitives were contacting Arsenal and telling them about the apparent release clause, is this not some big breach of the rulez.
    Should Arsenal not be making contact with LFC first if they are interested in signing a player?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

So all bids are tapping up since there's never a way to be sure what will be accepted or has to be accepted until afterwards?

what are you on about? as far as i know teams make bids for players hoping they will be accepted as oppose to knowing they have to be accepted
    If thats the case how do liverpool know about Costas release clause?

Serious question btw I think there may be something about la liga players having one but not sure if its general knowledge

i think they are public knowledge but i could be wrong. when messi signed his last contract they reported his buy out fee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Sometimes interesting to see bookies view on this situation, although it's all guesswork I suppose they put a bit more thought into it.

Club after transfer window:

Arsenal: 10/11
    Liverpool: 7/4
    Real Madrid: 6/1
    Bayern Munich: 8/1
    Chelsea, City, PSG: 40/1

what are you on about? as far as i know teams make bids for players hoping they will be accepted as oppose to knowing they have to be accepted

i think they are public knowledge but i could be wrong. when messi signed his last contract they reported his buy out fee

Buy out clauses for players in Spain are hardly a secret.

So Liverpool could have tapped him up Ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Worst 11 possible starting! :p

Jones,
    Flanagan, Wisdom, Coates,Spearing
    Henderson Allen,
    Alberto,
    Downing---Aspas----Ibe.

#LFC subs: Mignolet, Enrique, Toure, Gerrard, Coutinho, Assaidi, Lucas, Borini, Sterling, Kelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

A few reports coming out now that Etienne Capoue has agreed a deal with Spurs for 7m + adds. The kind of player we need :cool:

Why did they bid 30 million first if they knew the clause was 40 all along, obviously there was communication between the clubs when arsenal initially bid, probably said you're wasting your time cause the clause is 40 million tryin to scare arsenal off.

so now your speculating on the conversation when we know the only fact is liverpool have stated that he is not for sale for less than 50 million
    Boom_Bap wrote: »
    If Suarez's representitives were contacting Arsenal and telling them about the apparent release clause, is this not some big breach of the rulez.
    Should Arsenal not be making contact with LFC first if they are interested in signing a player?

exactly. there is definitly something dodgy about it. im not saying it was arsenal but arsenal didnt report it therefore are in the wrong.

thats why i think rodgers gave out about them recently

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Confirmed LFC team to face Valerenga: Jones, Spearing, Wisdom, Coates, Flanagan, Henderson, Allen, Alberto, Downing, Aspas, Ibe. Substitutes: Mignolet, Enrique, Kelly, Toure, Gerrard, Coutinho, Assaidi, Lucas, Borini, Sterling.

So Liverpool could have tapped him up Ye?

what???????

• Advertisement

so now your speculating on the conversation when we know the only fact is liverpool have stated that he is not for sale for less than 50 million

exactly. there is definitly something dodgy about it. im not saying it was arsenal but arsenal didnt report it therefore are in the wrong.

thats why i think rodgers gave out about them recently
    Well you're speculating if there is a release Claus for Costa that's public knowledge.

So just keep adding 1 to the end til it's accepted? Teams offer what they think will land them a player.
    Most importantly, maybe it's escaped your attention, Suarez for now is still a Liverpool player so if there was some kind of collusion then they weren't very good at it.

billy2012 wrote: »

steve doesnt seem to know what his on about. he is just talking about reports rather than what he actually knows

IF liverpool made him the promise then he should be able to go

BUT i doubt he is telling the truth like the "clause" therefore he has a contract and should honour it until someone offers a price that liverpool agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭event

billy2012 wrote: »
    I wonder if we kept him until xmas could we get bigger money of one of the big CL clubs as he won't be tied in anyway?

how would that work? :confused:
    Why would you get more at xmas?
    fact is your not allowed to talk to a players agent end of................

talking to a players agent is tapping up and it doesnt matter who approached who. arsenal taking a gamble that there is a clause is too much of a coincidence

What if his agent sent a note to arsenal saying:

LUIS IZ AVAILABLE FOR £40,000,001. PLZ BUY HIM. THNK U.

what???????
    God this isn't easy, you said you're not sure if its public knowledge in Spain about release clauses so therefore you're not sure if Liverpool done things by the books or not?

Its not hard to understand seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

what time is the game kicking off?

Well you're speculating if there is a release Claus for Costa that's public knowledge.

of course there is a release clause. i said that i dont know if its public knowledge but it may well be in spain as i stated messi's clause was made public as was ronaldos and cescs. im not sure if it is but it may very well be public knowledge there
    So just keep adding 1 to the end til it's accepted? Teams offer what they think will land them a player.
    Most importantly, maybe it's escaped your attention, Suarez for now is still a Liverpool player so if there was some kind of collusion then they weren't very good at it.

considering that suarez's agenst had a different interpretation of the clause it validates that they talked with arsenal. i mean there wasnt a bid of 30 million and 1 pound

considering that suarez's agenst had a different interpretation of the clause it validates that they talked with arsenal. i mean there wasnt a bid of 30 million and 1 pound

You're believing the "interpretation" angle and I don't know why.

of course there is a release clause. i said that i dont know if its public knowledge but it may well be in spain as i stated messi's clause was made public as was ronaldos and cescs. im not sure if it is but it may very well be public knowledge there

So you're admitting that if its not public knowledge like you claim Suarez wasn't Liverpool have acted wrong?

Glad we cleared that up.

• Advertisement

event wrote: »
    how would that work? :confused:
    Why would you get more at xmas?

What if his agent sent a note to arsenal saying:

LUIS IZ AVAILABLE FOR £40,000,001. PLZ BUY HIM. THNK U.

its against the rules;)
    God this isn't easy, you said you're not sure if its public knowledge in Spain about release clauses so therefore you're not sure if Liverpool done things by the books or not?

Its not hard to understand seriously.

i apologise and hope my response was satisfactory

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Spearing at left back it seems. I foresee the first conceded goals in pre season in our not too distant future. I'll probably miss the first 10 mins or so, hopefully won't miss much.

So you're admitting that if its not public knowledge like you claim Suarez wasn't Liverpool have acted wrong?

Glad we cleared that up.

what the hell are you on about???

when did i say its not public knowledge??

i said i think it is. prove me wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It's great to see that Ibe has pretty much nailed down a spot in the senior squad now. Like I said before, this is Liverpool football club, you may only get one chance, so it's imperative that players can do the business when given that chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

mike65 wrote: »

Jones,
    Henderson Allen,
    Alberto,
    Downing---Aspas----Ibe.

#LFC subs: Mignolet, Enrique, Toure, Gerrard, Coutinho, Assaidi, Lucas, Borini, Sterling, Kelly.

Would love to see Alberto pull the strings tonight, show them what he can do, maybe get a goal. He's not been talked about in all the noise about Ibe and Aspas, but he's clearly a very capable player..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

clearly Suarez' people told clubs that there was a clause that above 40m would trigger it. Suarez people seem to be wrong. He should sack them.

anyhow this whole transfer is very unsavoury and while I would like Arsenal to have a player of his quality I do regret that we seem to be entering into a feud with Liverpool and its fans to get one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

daithijjj wrote: »
    A few reports coming out now that Etienne Capoue has agreed a deal with Spurs for 7m + adds. The kind of player we need :cool:

£9.5m plus add ons is being reported as well, but either way it is a cracking price if true. Hard to see their need for him though as their midfield is pretty good, unless they are going to try and use him as a centre back.

Spurs are so strong now

It's great to see that Ibe has pretty much nailed down a spot in the senior squad now. Like I said before, this is Liverpool football club, you may only get one chance, so it's imperative that players can do the business when given that chance.

Plenty of young players got a lot of game time during the preseason last year that hardly got a sniff once the season started, so would not put an awful lot of stock in it meaning he is nailed on for a full time slot in the senior squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Nice to see hendo captaining tonight huge gesture and vote of confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

bad2dabone wrote: »
    clearly Suarez' people told clubs that there was a clause that above 40m would trigger it. Suarez people seem to be wrong. He should sack them.

anyhow this whole transfer is very unsavoury and while I would like Arsenal to have a player of his quality I do regret that we seem to be entering into a feud with Liverpool and its fans to get one.

Same, I always had a bit of time for Arsenal, never really hated them even when they were winning everything and if they were to put together a title challenge I would be behind them ahead of the Manchesters and Chelsea.

But if Suarez was to go to you in the manner that is playing out that would obviously all change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Spurs are so strong now

Until Madrid buy there best player. You would have to wonder, they have spent a lot with one eye on selling Bale late in the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,304 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Might be more along the lines he was England U21 captain for a while and he more experience than anyone else in the role

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Spurs are so strong now

If they do get Capoue, then it will be him, Chadli, Paulinho, and Soldado in terms of adding to the first team squad.

All four would be good enough to go right into their starting XI as it stands.

The Capoue bid puzzles me as although he is an upgrade on Sandro imo, itis not exactly a slot where they are weak. He has covered at centreback a number of times for Toulouse so maybe that's the thinking given their current injuries in that part of the team.

Be interesting to see what Toulouse do with the money if they sell him because that will be Sissoko and Capoue gone for them within two windows.

rob316 wrote: »
    Until Madrid buy there best player. You would have to wonder, they have spent a lot with one eye on selling Bale late in the window.

If Bale goes they are a good bit away ahead of us still. If he stays we a long way behind them.

They are spending cash while we are saving pennies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,304 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

mike65 wrote: »

Jones,
    Henderson Allen,
    Alberto,
    Downing---Aspas----Ibe.

Keeping the better side for Saturdays game happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Kess73 wrote: »
    £9.5m plus add ons is being reported as well, but either way it is a cracking price if true. Hard to see their need for him though as their midfield is pretty good, unless they are going to try and use him as a centre back.

He wants to dump your 'dream' player Huddlestone :p

Parker 33 in a few weeks too, i can see them get a few more in before Bale leaves. I reckon that deal is done now tbh, reckon Real are allowing some grace as a concession to Spurs before they announce the cash, so Spurs dont get fked over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

bad2dabone wrote: »

All Arsenal have done is make a couple of offers that do not meet Liverpools' valuation! Not a whole lot wrong there IMO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I could see Spurs breaking into the top 3 and coming within 5 to 10 points of winning it this year. If they bought someone world class to go in beside vertonghen and another world class striker with the Bale money they would start to look frightening. I think the day will come when Chelsea regret letting AVB go.

I bl00dy hope not as my old man and my brothers are Spurs fans. I believe Spurs are a bigger threat than Arsenal today, this might change if Wenger finds the keys to the safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,288 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I see Bayern are letting Luis Gustavo leave, Wolfsburg the most likely destination, strange one, could certainly add something to our midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gustavo would be great. Can cover CB and LB too and would give his all in a World Cup year.

I'd have him at the club in a heart beat.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement