Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Fùcking depressing watching others around us strengthen while we try to keep a little rat bastárd and don't seem to be up to much else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Knex. wrote: »
    Gustavo would be great. Can cover CB and LB too and would give his all in a World Cup year.

I'd have him at the club in a heart beat.

Agreed, I think he'd be a really good addition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

daithijjj wrote: »
    He wants to dump your 'dream' player Huddlestone :p

Parker 33 in a few weeks too, i can see them get a few more in before Bale leaves. I reckon that deal is done now tbh, reckon Real are allowing some grace as a concession to Spurs before they announce the cash, so Spurs dont get fked over.

Capoue coming in to replace Huddlestone? Not a chance of that being true. Huddlestone does not get near their first team as a regular as it is, not to mention he and Capoue are nothing alike in terms of style of play or their playing roles.

The closest Spurs have to Capoue in their current squad is Sandro.

Either way if it comes to pass that he joins Spurs then their central midfield options which were already better than ours as a unit imo will have gotten even stronger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm gonna try keep more of an eye on Alberto today.

I see Bayern are letting Luis Gustavo leave, Wolfsburg the most likely destination, strange one, could certainly add something to our midfield.

Unless he does not want to leave Germany, he is one we should be sniffing around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭event

Paulegend wrote: »
    its against the rules;)

what rules? As far as I know, clubs cannot contact players or their agents directly.
    But agents do it all the time, dont be so naive

BT's presenting makes my shít itch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Kess73 wrote: »
    Capoue coming in to replace Huddlestone? Not a chance of that being true. Huddlestone does not get near their first team as a regular as it is, not to mention he and Capoue are nothing alike in terms of style of play or their playing roles.

The closest Spurs have to Capoue in their current squad is Sandro.

Either way if it comes to pass that he joins Spurs then their central midfield options which were already better than ours as a unit imo will have gotten even stronger.

Wasnt really the point i was making, it was that they have lots of bodies around for that area but the focus seems to be now on concentration of quality rather than dilution. If they can let 2 go and get Capoue they essentially lose nothing in that part of the pitch tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

GTR63 wrote: »
    BT's presenting makes my shít itch.

It's a step up from ESPN and BBC but I not mad about Owen as a pundit

• Advertisement

I'm watching the LFCTV build up, I can't hack that BT messing.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm watching the LFCTV build up, I can't hack that BT messing.

How does that work. Do you sign up for a season pass, is it for all games. If so how much is the subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

T-K-O wrote: »

What's wrong with the BBC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its curious how the second most important part of the game - transfers is often shrouded in fog. We all think we have some vague idea of how a transfer comes about and some are straightforward - you want A you phone club A plays for and they say we might be interested in a deal, offer is submitted and considered, player A and his agent is informed. When offer accepted, if player says yes deal is done subject to usual t&cs

But when its not that clear cut...who the hell knows? Who phones who? Maybe Real Madrid have the right idea sounding out players via presidential announcements. At least you know.

The guy who's doing it reminds me of Paul Dempsey jr in the sense that he loves the negatives. Not gone on the likes of James and Owen, have they cut Macca out of that shirt yet I wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

How does that work. Do you sign up for a season pass, is it for all games. If so how much is the subscription?

Liverpool station is free with Sky. They don't show the matches live however, just build up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

J W Henry is at the match tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I see over 10 pages since this morning. All the chat about Suarez?
    Cliffs :)

What's wrong with the BBC?

Lineker, Shearer et al. Im not a fan

Um, yeah. You do those those things, if you're a good person, or something... not streaming it online like a bad person. :o

Michael Owen. For fuck sake!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Linda \o/

Jay Spearing at rightback ......... the jokes make themselves

Good grief Henry and Missus, something is cooking!

Lineker, Shearer et al. Im not a fan

The lack of adverts makes up for allot of annoying analysis tho.

GTR63 wrote: »
    The guy who's doing it reminds me of Paul Dempsey jr in the sense that he loves the negatives. Not gone on the likes of James and Owen, have they cut Macca out of that shirt yet I wonder.

:D

Dempsey was OK presenting the boxing but he was awful at the football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭event

mike65 wrote: »
    Its curious how the second most important part of the game - transfers is often shrouded in fog. We all think we have some vague idea of how a transfer comes about and some are straightforward - you want A you phone club A plays for and they say we might be interested in a deal, offer is submitted and considered, player A and his agent is informed. When offer accepted, if player says yes deal is done subject to usual t&cs

But when its not that clear cut...who the hell knows? Who phones who? Maybe Real Madrid have the right idea sounding out players via presidential announcements. At least you know.

I read the book The Secret Footballer

he said there was a transfer in a club he was at. Someone rang a club, saying I am an agent for X, he wants to move to you. Submit a bid and its on. Then someone rang the club he was at and said we are from Y club, we will bid such an amount. The deal happened anyway and at the end of it, it turned out the players agent didnt ring anyone and the his new club didnt ring anyone. SO none of them actually knew how the move came about, who started it.

Could all be bullshít, but you never know

Jay Spearing at rightback ......... the jokes make themselves

Is he not at lb? Edit Ur right

The lack of adverts makes up for allot of annoying analysis tho.

I do like that about the BBC but sometimes I wish the ads would kick in when the lads attempt to 'analyze' the game.

Match of the Day is a great example, That show was ruined.

Coates at RCB and Wisdom at LCB.

Would have put money on it being the other way round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Downing just beat someone.. with pace.

Commentary says RB plus i think I saw Flanagan running on the left side

Downing just skinned the full back. I **** you not... next season lads. Next season

Who was going to score his for goal for Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I see over 10 pages since this morning. All the chat about Suarez?
    Cliffs :)

Yeah but next season the Arsenal thread will have 60 more pages than this one

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Downing just beat someone.. with pace.

Beat two players in the one dribble.

Surely that's the season's quota?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

pronounce ibe - commentator just said "Ebay"

Downing really wants to stay, he'll play out of his skin for the pre-season .

daithijjj wrote: »
    Wasnt really the point i was making, it was that they have lots of bodies around for that area but the focus seems to be now on concentration of quality rather than dilution. If they can let 2 go and get Capoue they essentially lose nothing in that part of the pitch tbh.

They still end up with four genuine first team quality players for a maximum of three slots, and a few back up players as well.

Capoue, Sandro, Paulinho, and Dembele. Whichever one gets left out ends up being first team quality sitting on his arse.

It's not like they have four first team choices like we have in Gerrard, Henderson, Allen, and Lucas where at least two are inferior to any of Spurs' four in terms of individual level of quality.

Just a bit depressing to think that we have Henderson and Allen as our cover, and they will have much better players than them as cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Weren't Arsenal interested in Downing at one point last season?

Spearing, Coates, Flannagan and Jones in our back 5.

Linda will be lucky to get her clean sheet.

Knex. wrote: »
    Spearing, Coates, Flannagan and Jones in our back 5.

Linda will be lucky to get her clean sheet.

if_you_know_what_i_mean_mr_bean_blank.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

whatever happened to Liverpool's world famous support in Norway?

Proabably charging €50 a ticket for a glorified sparring session like they have in Dublin.

Commentators raving about the "massive" support, the stadium doesn't even look half full

I love when Joe Allen does those intercepting runs.

Joe Allens new haircut says "shoot!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Kess73 wrote: »
    They still end up with four genuine first team quality players for a maximum of three slots, and a few back up players as well.

Capoue, Sandro, Paulinho, and Dembele. Whichever one gets left out ends up being first team quality sitting on his arse.

It's not like they have four first team choices like we have in Gerrard, Henderson, Allen, and Lucas where at least two are inferior to any of Spurs' four in terms of individual level of quality.

Just a bit depressing to think that we have Henderson and Allen as our cover, and they will have much better players than them as cover.

4 into 3 gives you one injury cushion, they have Europe to play in and we know AVB takes that seriously. They will also want top 4 in conjunction. I can see why they are getting him. Multiple 'assaults'.

Sure its depressing, ive been depressed longer than some others :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Owen and Ian darke are such bland commentators.

Owen and Ian darke are such bland commentators.

Owen mentioned Golf, Squash and Tennis earlier....zzZzzZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Our second string looks decidedly second string so far.

Poo pass, Stewart.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement