Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

€15m? Happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

Looks like Skrtel's Off.

Barrett - Barcelona's ongoing interest in Agger has forced Liverpool into a rethink over the future of Martin Skrtel”

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Skittles?

Aw man.

Fantastic price if true, should be a good replacement for that.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Cazorla: Suárez has Arsenal DNA

(GSM) – Aresnal playmaker Santi Cazorla remains confident that Luis Suárez would be a success at Arsenal if the Liverpool forward made the move to the Emirates Stadium.

Liverpool have already rejected an offer from Arsenal for the forward and are insistent that they do not want to sell the Uruguay international.

However, the champions of fourth place are continuing to pursue a deal for the player.

And, if Aresnal are able to persuade Liverpool to sell their star player, Cazorla has no doubt that Suárez will be a hit with Arsene Wenger’s side.

“I would love him to come,” he told the Telegrapgh. “I have already told him so.

“He’s a footballer made up of Arsenal DNA. I don’t have any doubt that Suárez would triumph at Arsenal.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Please be True and let the Player be Jese...
    Kopwatch ‏@KOPWATCH 1m
    Real have contacted #LFC over #Suarez. Liverpool will take a lesser fee and a player from real.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

People on twitter were saying that about Skrts and Agger but attributing it to Dom King. Couldn't find it on his timeline

Have Real entered the building???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

rarnes1 wrote: »

Please god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I think we should still be getting £40m from them though, or cash+player to the value of £40m. They can obviously afford it given what they bid for Bale.

As much as I'd like Suarez as far away from England as possible, I don't want us to get bent over a barrel either. £40m would be a good piece of business for them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That would be handy. Even though, before this Arsenal thing, I'd have scoffed at it. The ole trick. Show someone a worse outcome and the alternative doesn't seem so bad.

• Advertisement

According to some in Twitterland.

Heck, I'd take Jese and Morata for Suarez, even if we don't get any Money. At least we don't strengthen Arsenal or see him Score against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Arsenal DNA? You won't find its residue on many trophy's :)

Ouch, haha.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You reckon Taylor was misquoted?

He is being sarcastic based on prior opinions posted of one specific Mirror journo John Cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Another good win/performance and suarez seems to be wrong regarding his contract. A good day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You should have left the double post so it could be thanked twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

You reckon Taylor was misquoted?

Probably twisted a bit alright. He's always going to back the player in any case as is his remit.

Re Cazorla; bit disappointed at Santi getting drawn into that ****e. Potentially misquoted but regardless he shouldn't be commenting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

cson wrote: »
    Probably twisted a bit alright. He's always going to back the player in any case as is his remit.

Re Cazorla; bit disappointed at Santi getting drawn into that ****e. Potentially misquoted but regardless he shouldn't be commenting.

Seriously how people actually can't see this is a wind up because of the barca dna ****e arsenal had to put tup with, don't be sucked into the media games.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The game in GIFs.

9457868991_307bb7ed8f_o_original.gif?1375898621

9457891605_b4ea408f53_o_original.gif?1375898683

9457905435_61908cb4c8_o_original.gif?1375898766

9457946577_4ba232c129_o_original.gif?1375898828

9458099833_bef5466397_o_original.gif?1375899696

9458314067_d2eca022bd_o_original.gif?1375902037

RIP Mike.

• Advertisement

We'll consider at 25M?
    LFCTS ‏@LFCTS 1m
    Tony Barrett on The Times - Sources at the Barcelona insist that an offer of £17 million has been lodged for Daniel Agger

LFCTS ‏@LFCTS 7s
    Barrett - Offer was subsequently rejected, with Liverpool indicating that they would only consider doing business at £25 million.

'The Rodgers' quotes about Agger starting to make sense now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Which threasd is this? The 09-10 one? the 10-11 one?? The 11-12 one? Arsenal are one or two signings off a title challenge every year it seems.

Ya like the predictions of Liverpool fans every season that Arsenal will finish outside the top four.

WTF is going on?

WTF is going on?

The Vultures are descending upon us. They think us Easy Meat. :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

WTF is going on?

Who knows, but at this rate we will need about 4 more first team players bought before the end of the window.

• Advertisement

Selling Agger would piss me off. We've no choice in the Suarez matter, but selling Agger would be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Agger isint going anywhere

We'll consider at 25M but at next Summer?
    LFCTS ‏@LFCTS 23s
    Barrett - Ian Ayre informed Agger’s agent that he will not be allowed to leave this summer.

Jesus, I'm going to unfollow Barrett, if he keeps on drip-feeding Contradictory Statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Selling Agger would piss me off. We've no choice in the Suarez matter, but selling Agger would be different.

if circumstances were different I could see a great opportunity in cashing in on Agger, £25million is big money for him. You could buy two potentially top class centre backs in order to replace a good one.

But as things stand, we simply cannot attempt to sell all of our good players in one go just before the season starts.

I can't see Agger going anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

WTF is going on?

Its a Harvey Norman sale,

Buy one CB... get one free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Vicxas wrote: »
    Its a Harvey Norman sale,

Buy one CB... get one free

It's more like DFS... buy now pay later :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

They are hardly going to buy Luiz and Agger.

I thought Agger was average at best last season, but with Carragher, Reina and probably Skrtel off, he simply has to be kept.

Barrett has gone to the dogs

We all know how this plays out.....brace yourselves for the 17,000,001 bid tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

All I hear is about players going
    Any players coming in ? I assume that Costa bid was rejected and we didnt make any furthur offers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

0312__3961__175922727ap012_liverpool_fc_513X369.jpg

little did they know that under the bootliner are the words,

"LFC accordingly agree to honour a 2 year contract extension for Jay Spearing. See bonnet for signature of Brendan Rodgers and Jay Spearing."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What's with all the petty digs at Arsenal? It seems a bit ironic considering your best player wants to join them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

El Spearo wrote: »
    0312__3961__175922727ap012_liverpool_fc_513X369.jpg

little did they know that under the bootliner are the words,

"LFC accordingly agree to honour a 2 year contract extension for Jay Spearing. See bonnet for signature of Brendan Rodgers and Jay Spearing."

Careful signing that Jay lad, you don't want to be Hood winked like Luis was!

Did Pepe get all the Brains in the Family?

His Brother, Pere, doesn't seem to be Smart for an Agent.

I know that they have Uruguayan Lawyers looked into the Contract, but they should have at least Consulted an English Sports Lawyer, who is well-versed in the Premier League Rules and Bylaws.

Or better yet, heed Common Sense and hear what the PFA has to say, before letting his Charge air out his Garbage.

They've done Irrepairable Damage, and backed themselves in a Corner, when they could have avoided it altogether.

And who knows what JH and Co would do? They could let Suarez rot in the Reserves in a World Cup Year, if they are feeling that Vindictive.

They could have certainly worked with us, and all this could have ended Amicably.
    But alas, Idiocy and Greed won out in the end.

RasTa wrote: »
    What's with all the petty digs at Arsenal? It seems a bit ironic considering your best player wants to join them.

True. I've no problem with Arsenal, this is all on Suarez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

True. I've no problem with Arsenal, this is all on Suarez.

I dont think anyone really has an issue with Arsenal in all this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Did Pepe get all the Brains in the Family?

His Brother, Pere, doesn't seem to be a Smart in relation to his Dealings, for an Agent.

I know that they have Uruguayan Lawyers looked into the Contract, but they should have at least Consulted an English Sports Lawyer, who is well-versed in the Premier League Rules and Bylaws.

Or better yet, heed Common Sense and hear what the PFA has to say, before letting his Charge air out his Garbage.

They've done Irrepairable Damage, and backed themselves in a Corner, when they could have avoided it altogether.

And who knows what JH and Co would do? They could let Suarez rot in the Reserves in a World Cup Year, if they are feeling that Vindictive.

They could have certainly worked with us, and all this could have ended Amicably.

Let's hope Real arrive and take him, it is the cleanest way out for everyone. Personally I'd love to see him head off to Monaco or PSG playing in a lower standard of league with an indifferent public (Paris and Monaco..) and fleeting chances of Champs League success. He'd be soon whining for another change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He did the same at that dutch club when they wouldn't sell them to Ajax for 3.5m. Courts involved still no and Ajax upped their offer to 7.5m to which the club accepted.

Guessing they are seeing if it will work again, as someone mentioned he can't play for the club again after all this.

Although could there be similar U-turn like Gerrard or Rooney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I'd sell Agger for £25M if I could bring in Alderweirld for £7M.

I'm not sure that's irony.

He did the same at that dutch club when they wouldn't sell them to Ajax for 3.5m. Courts involved still no and Ajax upped their offer to 7.5m to which the club accepted.

Guessing they are seeing if it will work again, as someone mentioned he can't play for the club again after all this.

Although could there be similar U-turn like Gerrard or Rooney?

I don't think Gerrard or Rooney accused the Men Upstairs with Deceit or anything.

Not to mention, they weren't this Public with their Grievances. Nor had they done it Multiple Times.

Suarez, for better or worse, took it beyond Conciliation, I'm afraid. There's no going back to Liverpool for him.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm not sure that's irony.

That song ruined everyones understanding of the word.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    That song ruined everyones understanding of the word.

Not anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I'd sell Agger for £25M if I could bring in Alderweirld for £7M.

While 25 is a great price we cannot afford so many changes in one summer, IMO.

Lets bring in Alderweild regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Luis Suarez will be told to train separately from the rest of the squad until he shows more respect for the club. (Guardian)

Opr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement