Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Srijandeep Das ‏@LFC_360 40s
    #LFC agree Oussama Assaidi transfer to Queens Park Rangers on a season-long loan. [Mirror]

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

bluefinger wrote: »
    jr230713liverpool-55-5326064.jpg

had to post the pic from that echo article.

Someone needs to photoshop laser beams from Rodgers eyes labotomizing Suarez...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

It won't and could backfire spectacularly on Arsenal now if the rumours as to FSG's (and in particular John Henry's ) response to this are true, I wouldn't be surprised to see a complaint made against Arsenal very shortly.

For what?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

For what?

Have you read my posts or are you purposely ignoring them..if they had inside knowledge of the contract (even if it was wrong) and acted on it ...then they are IN BREACH of FA Premier League rules...simple

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

What were they meant to bid? 41 million?

That's like offering 11 thousand for a car worth 10,5.

It was meant to trigger a clause arsenal thoughteexisted.

Why would they try be smart arse?

Give me one good reason how that would benefit them?

They could have just offered 40m ? Its adding on the £1 that people have issue with. Why add on £1 if not for the reason i said?

Either way twitter has tomorrows Star saying a bid of £51m is coming

Have you read my posts or are you purposely ignoring them..if they had inside knowledge of the contract (even if it was wrong) and acted on it ...then they are IN BREACH of FA Premier League rules...simple

So have Liverpool acted the same with the costa bid?

How did they find out about his release clause?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

marno21 wrote: »

obviously suarez put him up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

opr wrote: »
    #LFC agree Oussama Assaidi transfer to Queens Park Rangers on a season-long loan. [Mirror]

Opr
    Great news. I think he will shine playing for a strong QPR team and hopefully will boost his transfer value by a few quid when we come to sell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What were they meant to bid? 41 million?

That's like offering 11 thousand for a car worth 10,5.

It was meant to trigger a clause arsenal thoughteexisted.

Why would they try be smart arse?

Give me one good reason how that would benefit them?

I'd imagine it was designed to see if there was a clause in the first place.

Very happy with the FSG stance, backing Rodgers, as well as Rodgers.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So then does the fact the Principle owner was at the game mean anything? I doubt he was jetting straight back to Boston.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

To be fair thats fair game these days. All clubs have discussions with agents etc... Liverpool are doing it with Costa. Arsenal haven't done anything wrong, by todays standards. If they did, I think Liverpool would have called them on it by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,304 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Pedalstool wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware Ayre told Gazidis that no clause existed that allowed Suarez to leave for £40 million, but Arsenal very publicly lodged a bid anyway the next day. That was the cause of so much anger from the Liverpool management.

Its been proven since, no clause exists that allows Suarez to leave for £40 million.

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be asking myself, do I really want someone like him at my club? Imagine the focus there will be on him. He will cause Arsenal problems like he has done at every club he's been at.

Dont forget Wilshere coming out on Saturday saying how he would love to play with Suarez.

When Barca did the same with Cesc Arsenal and Arsenal fans crying foul play on it

So have Liverpool acted the same with the costa bid?

How did they find out about his release clause?

OK I will spell this out in simple plain English....

Spanish clubs fall under the Spanish FA...they regularly negotiate release clauses, i.e Messi's release clause is €300m or thereabouts and make them PUBLIC to scare away clubs

Liverpool can make the bid...as it DOESN'T break SPANISH FA rules

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Opr

I'm happy with that. A season hopefully playing first team ball in England could be good for him and he might come back more of an asset.

Or get sold :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

They could have just offered 40m ? Its adding on the £1 that people have issue with. Why add on £1 if not for the reason i said?

We should place a 60 mill price on him.

Wenger has all he's eggs in the suarez basket, he has to get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

What they are only upping their bid by 10999999 and not the even 11m - cheeky feckers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

Who cares about Arsenal and all that.

Suarez has been banned from training with the first team. He will need to apologise before he can ever play for Liverpool again.

Thats a huge development.

We should place a 60 mill price on him.

Wenger has all he's eggs in the suarez basket, he has to get him.

Has to get him by Tuesday of next week for CL registration,, stick 80m on his head

Dont forget Wilshere coming out on Saturday saying how he would love to play with Suarez.

When Barca did the same with Cesc Arsenal and Arsenal fans crying foul play on it

Barca players constantly plead with him to join them and went on about dna ****e, all jack done was say he would love to play with Suarez, Jesus can footballers not even have an opinion on players nowadays, fans have become so touchy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I have no issue with the extra pound, that's business, it makes sense. It would have been good for Arsenal if it had worked, but unfortunately Suarez's agent has made Arsenal look a bit silly, it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Pedalstool wrote: »
    Who cares about Arsenal and all that.

Suarez has been banned from training with the first team. He will need to apologise before he can ever play for Liverpool again.

Thats a huge development.

Exactly, I don't care about Arsenal, the bid or who is saying what.

The club has taken control, kinda - and that feels a lot better from my perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,304 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Has to get him by Tuesday of next week for CL registration,, stick 80m on his head

That is only for the play off round and they can also add 1 player to it 24 hours before the 1st leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Srijandeep Das ‏@LFC_360 1m
    FSG remain absolutely steadfast that Suarez will not be sold to Arsenal, irrespective of any increased future offer. [Echo]

Probably mentioned here already.

Happy to have that reinforced tbh. Can't sell him to Arsenal regardless of how much he acts up.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Opr

Smh if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Who are Arsenal playing in the qualifier? I love that team. Whoever they are. We should loan them some players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ha. The tone on here has gone from one of depression to one of fury and righteousness.

Which is nice.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I have no issue with the extra pound, that's business, it makes sense. It would have been good for Arsenal if it had worked, but unfortunately Suarez's agent has made Arsenal look a bit silly, it seems.

And thats unfortunate, I've had a lot of time for the Gunners over the years, sat in awe of the invincibles, loved it when they won the title at Old Trafford. Best thing they can do is throw in Wilshire/Walcott along with the 51 million ...all will be forgiven :D

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Smh if true.

Its from the Mirror so I'm hoping not.

He's far too good for that level in my eyes, and even if the club don't rate him, plenty of teams on the continent that will stump up money for him now, I'm sure.

Who are Arsenal playing in the qualifier? I love that team. Whoever they are. We should loan them some players.

Draw hasn't been made yet..but they could face PSV, Fenerbahce (come on Dirk!) or Real Sociedad as they are all unseeded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Knex. wrote: »

He's far too good for that level in my eyes, and even if the club don't rate him, plenty of teams on the continent that will stump up money for him now, I'm sure.

A friend of mine in London (QPR fan) mentioned this to me earlier today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dunno yet but there's a few teams who could give them a scare - Basel, Fener, Zenit, Olympique Lyonnais, and er Celtic erm....

Knex. wrote: »

The Mirror has been a more reliable in the past year in regards to Liverpool stories has it not? Thought a few people here have said that recently.

They're also saying tonight that Liverpool have made it know to Barca that Agger is not for sale at any price.

I've already said my piece on Assaidi, but if we're not going to use him whatsoever, I'd like to think we'd have offered him to a few clubs in the chance of dealing for one of their players. Anderlecht have a couple of players I'd gladly have here, likewise the two obvious names at Ajax and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Think what you may about Rodgers as a coach, but he just layeth the smacketh down on that eejit's candy ass. Well done on his comments.

If ya smelllllllllllllllll what * "The Rodgers" is cooking :D

* trademarked by Turtyturd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Surely even the cynics here will give Rodgers credit for how he has handled the Suarez situation.
    His comments seem to show a passion for the club and an understanding of its values.
    Seems to get the club more than Hodgson did.

The Mirror has been a more reliable in the past year in regards to Liverpool stories has it not? Thought a few people here have said that recently.

They're also saying tonight that Liverpool have made it know to Barca that Agger is not for sale at any price.

I've already said my piece on Assaidi, but if we're not going to use him whatsoever, I'd like to think we'd have offered him to a few clubs in the chance of dealing for one of their players. Anderlecht have a couple of players I'd gladly have here, likewise the two obvious names at Ajax and so on.

It probably has actually, spose I'm holding out on the tabloid angle really.

Shame to see how his career at Liverpool has turned out. Knew next to nothing about him before he joined, but I like what little I've seen and read up about him.

Fully agree with you on how the scenario should be treated.

Draw hasn't been made yet..but they could face PSV, Fenerbahce (come on Dirk!) or Real Sociedad as they are all unseeded

PSV and Fener have a real shot against them for sure, I'd love to say Sociedad as well but after losing their coach from last season, I'm not so sure now. I mentioned this in their thread a week ago and it seems the majority of their supporters think it's a foregone conclusion they'll be into the group stages which I found odd. They should qualify, but all three of those teams have players that can hurt them and get at least one result over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Those kind of tactics work well on certain TV game shows. They don't work we'll in football. The price is WRONG B****

Would be one giant collective LOL from this thread if Suarez joined Arsenal and they failed to qualify.

Still wouldn't make up for the knock on affect it would have on our own future CL hopes though.

• Advertisement

If ya smelllllllllllllllll what * "The Rodgers" is cooking :D

* trademarked by Turtyturd

All we need is for you to photoshop Rodgers head onto a picture of the Rock and wolla :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭event

only for the qualifiers, they can register more players for the group stages

event wrote: »
    only for the qualifiers, they can register more players for the group stages

Still can't do any harm to bump the price up each day it gets closer to the actual CL deadline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

he has to go, too long it's gone on now, Suarez, thanks for the memories, lfc will still be here long after you hang up your boots...

Rodgers has come really well out of this for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭event

Still can't do any harm to bump the price up each day it gets closer to the actual CL deadline

bump too much and your left with a striker no one else wants who is training with the kids. Not an ideal scenario either

event wrote: »
    bump too much and your left with a striker no one else wants who is training with the kids. Not an ideal scenario either

True, but teaches him a lesson that the club are bigger than he is and far tougher than he expected.

If Suarez had given his all for 3 years (which he has) MINUS the baggage I'd say OK go and yes be annoyed but not with him, moreso with the club for not matching his ambition. However he has been an idiot for 2 years and is continuing it with this carry on.

If anything, with this behaviour, he has rallied the club and a large number of supporters around Rodgers and strengthened his position in charge at the club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Rodgers is coming out of this looking very good, seems to be playing it well so far. Hopefully he sticks with it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Would anyone else like the club to come out and announce that they will not do business with Spurs, as well as Arsenal. For me, they are the only 2 clubs on the planet we absolutely cannot sell to. I genuinely wouldn't mind him at any of the top 3 at this stage. They're welcome to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Fizman wrote: »
    Would anyone else like the club to come out and announce that they will not do business with Spurs, as well as Arsenal. For me, they are the only 2 clubs on the planet we absolutely cannot sell to. I genuinely wouldn't mind him at any of the top 3 at this stage. They're welcome to him.

Why would he go to Spurs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Rodgers has come really well out of this for me.

Absolutely. With the young squad we have now, it's a great time to get their respect and let them know he's not a man to be messed with.

I can't imagine Kenny handling the constant bombardment of the same questions from the media, albeit, with the dynamics changing ever so slightly

Hodgson, would have just scratched his face, and miss-articulated everything

I hope he's around from a long time

I think if we're not doing business with Arsenal, even now, it goes without saying that we won't entertain Spurs either.

I hope...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement