Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Fizman wrote: »
    Would anyone else like the club to come out and announce that they will not do business with Spurs, as well as Arsenal. For me, they are the only 2 clubs on the planet we absolutely cannot sell to. I genuinely wouldn't mind him at any of the top 3 at this stage. They're welcome to him.

Suarez already said he wouldn't consider a move to a club that's not in the CL, so that would rule Spurs out.

But then again he also said he wanted to leave Liverpool because of the media!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Why would he go to Spurs?

London.
    Better chance of top 4 next season.

Those are the only two reasons, but they're hardly big enough reasons for a transfer. It won't happen anyway, pointless even discussing it really, as you know yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

murpho999 wrote: »
    Surely even the cynics here will give Rodgers credit for how he has handled the Suarez situation.
    His comments seem to show a passion for the club and an understanding of its values.
    Seems to get the club more than Hodgson did.

Cynics seem very absent/quiet this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Why would he go to Spurs?

- They are likely to be much richer very shortly.
    - I feel they will genuinely threaten CL places with the squad they are putting together. He isn't stupid (entirely), he will see they are very strong competitors for top 4.
    - Did I mention they were rich?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Rodgers is coming out of this looking very good, seems to be playing it well so far. Hopefully he sticks with it...

No one is going to come out of this looking good because of the way Suarez has spilled his guts to the press.
    He is handling it well but this is the place he would ever wanted to have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I don't think Suarez wants to go to Spurs.

Blatter wrote: »
    Suarez already said he wouldn't consider a move to a club that's not in the CL, so that would rule Spurs out.

But then again he also said he wanted to leave Liverpool because of the media!

Not a single thing Suarez has said can be believed to be honest.

I actually think he'd be capable of making that switch.

The longer the window goes on, if Arsenal are repeatedly told to F off and Madrid continue to show no interest........don't be surprised if a 'training on his own' Suarez gets tempted by a late Daniel Levy bid (again - assuming Bale goes). Far stranger things have happened in football. I'm surprised some of you genuinely believe it is a complete non-runner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Apparently the Assaidi loan to QPR is done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

opr wrote: »
    Srijandeep Das ‏@LFC_360 40s
    #LFC agree Oussama Assaidi transfer to Queens Park Rangers on a season-long loan. [Mirror]

Opr

A loan is fúckin' retarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

*summons nuri or another budesliga follower* or anyone in general...

What about Kießling of leverkusen? 29 and turning 30 in january but seems to have fcuk all clubs after him after a smashing season in the bundesliga, 25 goals and top scorer, previous top scorers include gomez,dzecko and huntelaar. He dosent fit our type of targets but i doubt hed be too expensive? Or would he? Perhaps samii could cut us a deal ;)
    I guess with Leverkusen being in the cl this year itd be hard to persuade him here but he with martinez seem to be the only strikers of worth considering to replace suarezs goals

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd rather loan Assiadi than Reina, tbh. No problem loaning Assiadi out if it is with a view to seeing if he can perform well on a regular basis in the championship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They are washing their hair. Or, more likely waiting in the long grass for the first thing they can pounce on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

- I feel they will genuinely threaten CL places with the squad they are putting together. He isn't stupid (entirely), he will see they are very strong competitors for top 4.
    How are Spurs rich? they mostly break even in transfer business most seasons. I think Soldado is an acknowledgment Bale is going and they might buy one or two more. Michael Owen said on BT earlier that he played with Soldado at Madrid and judging by Owen's facial expressions and comments when asked he doesn't rate him as anything more than a good player.
    We are an equally good a bet as Spurs for the top 4, their squad on the whole isn't as strong as ours as they're lacking depth. We were 12 points off the top 4 last season, and I felt last season there was easily another 10 points in the team. Young players, new manager, no forwards and a bad start left us chasing all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

flanzer wrote: »
    Absolutely. With the young squad we have now, it's a great time to get their respect and let them know he's not a man to be messed with.

I can't imagine Kenny handling the constant bombardment of the same questions from the media, albeit, with the dynamics changing ever so slightly

Hodgson, would have just scratched his face, and miss-articulated everything

I hope he's around from a long time

Spot on.

Rodgers, for all this "spoofer" nonsense that was labelled on him, is clearly a very controlled, articulate and intelligent man. While he's unproven as a coach as yet, I have a quiet confidence in his abilities due to him having these attributes.

Hannibal wrote: »
    How are Spurs rich? they mostly break even in transfer business most seasons. I think Soldado is an acknowledgment Bale is going and they might buy one or two more. Michael Owen said on BT earlier that he played with Soldado at Madrid and judging by Owen's facial expressions and comments when asked he doesn't rate him as anything more than a good player.
    We are an equally good a bet as Spurs for the top 4, their squad on the whole isn't as strong as ours as they're lacking depth. We were 12 points off the top 4 last season, and I felt last season there was easily another 10 points in the team. Young players, new manager, no forwards and a bad start left us chasing all season.

I think he means with the potential Bale fortune coming in rather than general richness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wasn't there two clubs interested in buying Assaidi?...loan makes no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

klose wrote: »
    *summons nuri or another budesliga follower* or anyone in general...

What about Kießling of leverkusen? 29 and turning 30 in january but seems to have fcuk all clubs after him after a smashing season in the bundesliga, 25 goals and top scorer, previous top scorers include gomez,dzecko and huntelaar. He dosent fit our type of targets but i doubt hed be too expensive? Or would he? Perhaps samii could cut us a deal ;)
    I guess with Leverkusen being in the cl this year itd be hard to persuade him here but he with martinez seem to be the only strikers of worth considering to replace suarezs goals

Think Nuri said it earlier that its a non runner, and for a multiple of reasons.

Signed a new contract, happy at the club, and Leverkusen will be loathe to sell, espeically after letting Schurrle go to Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Wasn't there two clubs interested in buying Assaidi?...loan makes no sense.

3 apparently, the mirror broke the story while the team was flying back from norway they just landed there i seen on twitter. Bit odd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Stuff must be going down, Linda the feek Tweeted that their in Liverpool tomorrow, hopefully John is on his way over with the checkbook! :)

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    I think he means with the potential Bale fortune coming in rather than general richness.

That's precisely what I meant.

Hannibal, I'm an optimistic Pool fan at the best of times, but I find it hard to think that, currently, we can match Spurs in terms of pound for pound talent.

I actually think Soldado could have a monster of an impact on Spurs, and I feel Michael Owen may be eating his own hat at the end of the season.

If ya smelllllllllllllllll what * "The Rodgers" is cooking :D

* trademarked by Turtyturd

At least someone gets it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

First thing the Club should do tomorrow is give him a new squad number and give him directions to the academy . After that tell him under no circumstance will he be sold to Arsenal after his latest stunt .

Stuff must be going down, Linda the feek Tweeted that their in Liverpool tomorrow, hopefully John is on his way over with the checkbook! :)

Either to discuss further spend or outgoings, possibly both. I'm sure the Suarez situation will be a big bit of it. I wonder will they come to Dublin as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

5starpool wrote: »
    I wonder will they come to Dublin as well?

Bagsy the seat beside Linda if they do :D

Couple of quotes from 'The Rodgers' about the Assaidi loanhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Spurs have already spent most of the "Bale money" presuming he does leave. 55M already and seemingly in for another lad from Toulouse for 10M.

They will have a good squad but Bale not being there will still be huge as he won so many points for them single-handedly last season it was ridiculous.

Now if he stays they do have a genuine chance of the CL but the way they have been spending I think they know Bale is on his way and it's just a matter of getting the best price now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Picked up my 1st warning in over 6yrs as a boards.ie member today!
    I blame Suarez for that too ;)
    Along with the rest of the worlds ills too.....
    Hes an awful fecker so he is! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Hannibal wrote: »
    Michael Owen said on BT earlier that he played with Soldado at Madrid and judging by Owen's facial expressions and comments when asked he doesn't rate him as anything more than a good player.

I would rate Michael Owen's opinions slightly above Alan Shearers. Still lower than a worms tit though...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Now in the quieter night hours with the mature, highly respected and intelligent members who are night owls, can we bring the Suarez abuse back down to zero please and keep it there. We were doing so well in the past few weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

If ya smelllllllllllllllll what * "The Rodgers" is cooking :D

* trademarked by Turtyturd

Just change the word Rock to Rodgers and it still works. :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

dfx- wrote: »
    Now in the quieter night hours with the mature, highly respected and intelligent members who are night owls, can we bring the Suarez abuse back down to zero please and keep it there. We were doing so well in the past few weeks...

its just really hard. its a subject that breaths high passion and enthusiasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Generally when you dish out abuse to someone, it's showing them they have affected you enough to care.

MEH is about the only sentiment this chap deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Generally when you dish out abuse to someone, it's showing them they have affected you enough to care.

So sweet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Anyone else forgive the bloke if he comes out and apologises, we all make mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

niallo27 wrote: »
    Anyone else forgive the bloke if he comes out and apologises, we all make mistakes.

True but he makes more than most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

True but he makes more than most

I think the biggest problem is that he dragged our name and reputation through the mud. Then claims he's the victim in all this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Don't think he has the character to apologise. As somebody said yesterday it's has always been easy to cut the guy slack solely cause he was banging in goals for fun. It's shamefully his only redeeming feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

It's so weird that this person who Pool fans, to a man, defended through two absolutely disgusting episodes is now being pilloried by those same people.

Fickle much?

Is he not still "misunderstood"? Or is that only when it suits? Bizarre to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

Would Liverpool fans accept selling to Arsenal today if it meant Rodgers was able to go out and spend the money before the season started on players he wanted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

ronjo wrote: »
    Would Liverpool fans accept selling to Arsenal today if it meant Rodgers was able to go out and spend the money before the season started on players he wanted?

No. Selling to Arsenal simply isn't an option. Sell him to any other club - Tottenham and maybe Everton aside, but you can't let him go to a side that realistically will seek to occupy the Champions League spot that Liverpool want to claim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

It's so weird that this person who Pool fans, to a man, defended through two absolutely disgusting episodes is now being pilloried by those same people.

Fickle much?

Is he not still "misunderstood"? Or is that only when it suits? Bizarre to say the least.

The first one we defended yes, the second one i don't recall anyone throwing their lives down in defense of him.

And of course we'll defend him when we can, but why defend someone who doesn't do the jersey justice? He has shown that his loyalty lies elsewhere.

It's all well and good to defend your dog when he bites someone else, but when he bites you its a different story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Fickle much?

Its not that were fickle.

The reason he is now being pilloried, as you put it, is that his current behaviour gives off the impression that he does not give two ****s about either the club or the fans who supported him through two very, how do I put this...tricky episodes.

By coming out and issuing a plea to leave through the very same press who he used as an excuse to want leave in the first place, well thats just taking the piss and he deserves to be called out on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

niallo27 wrote: »

Don't think so. Someone said yesterday Tevez and Rooney came back from worse. I don't believe this is the case. The Utd faithful never forgave Rooney after the first transfer request and where's Tevez now?

As for defending Suarez over earlier incidents. The Evra one was highly emotive for a number of reasons and really boiled down to which of them you believed. Most Liverpool fans would have, of course sided with their player. The aftermath was poorly handled by the club but the media wouldn't let it go either. We were easy pickings for the trolls too, at the time.

I don't think anyone seriously defended him over Ivanovich, who really was exemplary in how he dealt with the issue. I shudder to think what would have happened had he bit a Ferdinand!

As for the diving , cheating, obscene gestures to fans etc meh every club has a guy that's a cnut like that.......some have more than one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

mike65 wrote: »
    They are washing their hair. Or, more likely waiting in the long grass for the first thing they can pounce on.

This cynic was busy I'm afraid:
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »

112.5kgs Bench Press

Delighted with this as I rarely Bench (twice since Christmas). A million Push Ups though.

It's great that Rodgers has come out strong and banished him to exile on the training ground as it were, but all of that makes it clear that it is no longer a question of "if" with regards to his departure. It is now a question of when, to whom and for how much. As such, it's time for us to bring in impactful players - not young squad filler. Suarez leaves a huge hole and the club needs to fill it. Massive ~25 days ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Fair play to Rodgers, he has handled this one well.

As a punishment, he should hold Luis down and just show those teeth of his up close and personal, will blind him like a flashbang.

Fickle much?

The first one was a non incident blown out of proportion. The second was an instinctive rush of blood to the head from a player who operates on the insanity line on the pitch.

This stuff cuts right to the heart of his character (or lack thereof) and class (or complete absence thereof) and is particularly irksome precisely because the fanbase and club stood his corner when he needed it.

Of course you know this, and it isn't in the least "bizarre". But keep on keeping on, I'd expect nothing less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

This cynic was busy I'm afraid:

It's great that Rodgers has come out strong and banished him to exile on the training ground as it were, but all of that makes it clear that it is no longer a question of "if" with regards to his departure. It is now a question of when, to whom and for how much. As such, it's time for us to bring in impactful players - not young squad filler. Suarez leaves a huge hole and the club needs to fill it. Massive ~25 days ahead.

The music aligns with the majority of other videos posted here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

The first one was a non incident blown out of proportion. The second was an instinctive rush of blood to the head from a player who operates on the insanity line on the pitch.

This stuff cuts right to the heart of his character (or lack thereof) and class (or complete absence thereof) and is particularly irksome precisely because the fanbase and club stood his corner when he needed it.

Of course you know this, and it isn't in the least "bizarre". But keep on keeping, I'd expect nothing less.

Yeah basically this - some of us believed (wrongly it seems with the benefit of hindsight) that there was a difference between Suarez the player and Suarez the man - that his on-pitch antics, aggression and 'do-anything-it-takes' attitude were something removed from his off-pitch persona.

In other words we thought he was a bit like Bellamy.

I honestly thought he would buckle down, be professional and respect the fans and teammates who have always backed him 100% through some difficult times. Call me naive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Of course you know this, and it isn't in the least "bizarre". But keep on keeping, I'd expect nothing less.

You can't be serious on this one Lloyd? How can it be judged an incident blown out of proportion?

• Advertisement

Corvo wrote: »
    You can't be serious on this one Lloyd? How can it be judged an incident blown out of proportion?

One man's word against another where neither witness could be considered reliable. What was said and what was meant are still unknown as far as I'm concerned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement