Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

GavRedKing wrote: »
    So if himself and his agent have misunderstood the contract and its clauses, what are the chances of a transfer request being handed in to force a move?

Probably quite likely. He'll never get back to where he was with the players and fans.

Probably best he move on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

So if himself and his agent have misunderstood the contract and its clauses, what are the chances of a transfer request being handed in to force a move?

It's the next step...only one left bar going on strike. It can't really lower his value since everyone knows he wants out. The club should make him hand in a continental only transfer request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Vicxas wrote: »
    Probably quite likely. He'll never get back to where he was with the players and fans.

Probably best he move on now.

The problem with that is though how much would it cost Arsenal to get him?

Before the 40 millino bid he hadnt thrown out an interview saying he'd go to them and hadnt invovled the PFA, now its come out his contract was misunderstood, would he go for less then the 40 Arsenal originally bid given the transfer request and whats come out or do Liverpool hold out for more and risk keeping him and potentially dropping his value in January or next summer?

Before the 40 millino bid he hadnt thrown out an interview saying he'd go to them and hadnt invovled the PFA, now its come out his contract was misunderstood, would he go for less then the 40 Arsenal originally bid given the transfer request and whats come out or do Liverpool hold out for more and risk keeping him and potentially dropping his value in January or next summer?

I don't think any money will bring him to arsenal, its seasonal suicide if Liverpool do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ha, duped. he's a grown man employing a "legal expert".

i'd vouch a 10-year old could understand that Liverpool were not obliged to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Anybody able to get tickets this morning on Ticketmaster for the Celtc game? Seen rumours that some were made available again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Well one person has caused a big distraction in the club, maybe when that is dealt with things will move on.

Same thing happened with Torres, and when he left we got the big horse Andy Carroll! If he's staying or leaving we still need these players in, and if he's leaving we need to get in replacements also. No point waiting 2/3 weeks for this to be sorted and then trying to get some players in. Hopefully with John Henry over it means some things will move on quickly

Also, I don't know if it was rumor or Ayre said it himself, but I thought we were going to get some more news on the stadium front?

I don't think any money will bring him to arsenal, its seasonal suicide if Liverpool do.

I understand, i mean selling to any English team would be stupid but what happens if he ahnds in a transfer erquest and nobody bar Arsenal come in for him, Liverpool have a real problem the later they let this drag on into the transfer window.

Although a transfer request could trigger Real's interest in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

KingJamsie wrote: »
    The club have played a blinder in this saga, and anyone who think otherwise are just anti-FSG. Rodgers, Ayre & FSG have my full backing.

Fully agree with this.

• Advertisement

Although a transfer request could trigger Real's interest in him.

That's what i'm hoping, Real will come in on the back of a request and they'll snap him up for far less than 40M I reckon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Obviously Suarezs agent will want him to move. Sur dont they get a cut of the transfer fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That's what i'm hoping, Real will come in on the back of a request and they'll snap him up for far less than 40M I reckon

The £40 Million clause still exists, I suppose they could offer £40,000,002 but the club have been pretty public about what they think of that valuation.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

dfx- wrote: »
    Now in the quieter night hours with the mature, highly respected and intelligent members who are night owls, can we bring the Suarez abuse back down to zero please and keep it there. We were doing so well in the past few weeks...

No dice.

His mother was a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries. I fart in his general direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Anybody able to get tickets this morning on Ticketmaster for the Celtc game? Seen rumours that some were made available again.

2 tix for block 127 at the moment...I think there is a thread for this.

Obviously Suarezs agent will want him to move. Sur dont they get a cut of the transfer fee.

Ya agents get huge fees, obviously the bigger the transfer fee and players reputation then the larger the fee will be.

It was reported that Chelsea paid nearly 7million euro for Hazards agent fee which out off a few teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

K-9 wrote: »
    The £40 Million clause still exists, I suppose they could offer £40,000,002 but the club have been pretty public about what they think of that valuation.

Liverpool would be a lot happier opening negotiations with Real than Arsenal though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That interview yesterday was his transfer request in all but name! ;)

As I said here, I suspect FSG might be minded to be bloody minded about this but the manager is clearly not expecting Suarez to behave after recent events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

expect a transfer request and a attack on the club and manager when he's gone, but the " i love the fans yada yada" spiel from him to try save some face ..

sell him to ukraine or russia for 40,000,001.1p just for the giggles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

The equation is much more simple than clauses and what was said to whom etc.

End of the day, Suarez just wants out and will do anything to get it. Levels of behaviour from 'bollix' to 'anti christ' have been engaged until it happens.

Sure, the club is strong it wont sell to Arsenal, would anyone expect anything else?, is that not the minimum you'd expect?. It would undermine what the whole club is trying to do. Everyone knows what backlash there would be if Suarez ended up going to Arsenal. Its beyond money, beyond what you could do with that money.

So, Suarez is in anti christ mode now, did anyone expect different?, it was coming, you know deep down it was coming!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

pbBxWXL.png
    eyqvhFP.png

• Advertisement

Liverpool would be a lot happier opening negotiations with Real than Arsenal though.

Well yes, I'd be surprised if he goes exactly for the "release" clause amount. I suppose if they do table a bid there's a balance between dragging the thing out for the maximum price and getting it wrapped up as quick as possible.
    Ya agents get huge fees, obviously the bigger the transfer fee and players reputation then the larger the fee will be.

It was reported that Chelsea paid nearly 7million euro for Hazards agent fee which out off a few teams.

Think it was Liverpool and Chelsea who'd the biggest amounts on agents a couple of years back.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

pbBxWXL.png
    eyqvhFP.png

you need to charge up quick.

The League Cup draw is in one hour. Just to give us something else to talk about.

Mostar loves making images.

BRGV8KiCYAA8sS0.jpg:small

If this season goes well ( win a cup + sustained run/qualify for CL ) you'll see these quotes used over and over

daithijjj wrote: »
    End of the day, Suarez just wants out and will do anything to get it.

except, as of yet, hand in a transfer request and forego his loyalty bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mostar loves making images.

BRGV8KiCYAA8sS0.jpg:small

If this season goes well ( win a cup + sustained run/qualify for CL ) you'll see these quotes used over and over

I reckon he'll have a copy of it hanging in the office by the end of the day. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Rodgers hss handled this really well so far. Thinking back to when Hodgson discussed the possibility of selling Torres to united makes the difference in both managers even more stark.

Outside of the whole suarez thing, im a little concerned with the lack of movement for another defensive midfielder. We will be really short if lucas gets injured or his form
    drops.

Spurs about to sign Capoue aswell :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

While were all congratulating LFC, Ayre and Rodgers for the whole Suarez saga, the team as a whole is still short of a few key players to help us knock on the door of the top four, with 25 days left in the window, I hope to god we aren't left short like we were at the end of the window last year!

This. X 1000 this.

Rodgers has said all the right things regarding Suarez. Fair play to him.

However, forgetting Suarez totally for a second, we're still short the two quality players we all agreed needed to come into the first team if we wanted to try & close the gap to a top 4 place.

In addition to that all the nice sound bites in the world regarding Suarez mean absolutely **** if;

1) he is sold to Arsenal at all

2) if sold abroad & the money generated isn't spend on acquiring top quality replacement(s). This being in addition to what's already required prior to Suarez leaving.

While Rodgers has said all the right things, we're still looking like having an appalling summer. The second in a row from Rodgers & FSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

mFv30ik.png

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

mike65 wrote: »
    The League Cup draw is in one hour. Just to give us something else to talk about.

is it viewable anywhere?

• Advertisement

Andy Carroll ‏@AndyTCarroll 11h
    "@gazza_mum: Is @martinkelly1990 trying to look like @AndyTCarroll #friends #lfc"

To be fair he did tell me he wanted to look like me!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

SlickRic wrote: »
    except, as of yet, hand in a transfer request and forego his loyalty bonus.

In the pipeline this week it was said in last few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

With all he has done and said, the guy still hasn't handed in a transfer request........thats what gets to me the most....

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

pbBxWXL.png
    eyqvhFP.png

Is that Liverpool icon in the top left a Zeppelin icon? If it is, what package is that in??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Mr Alan wrote: »
    This. X 1000 this.

However, forgetting Suarez totally for a second, we're still short the two quality players we all agreed needed to come into the first team if we wanted to try & close the gap to a top 4 place.

In addition to that all the nice sound bites in the world regarding Suarez mean absolutely **** if;

2) if sold abroad & the money generated isn't spend on acquiring top quality replacement(s). This being in addition to what's already required prior to Suarez leaving.

While Rodgers has said all the right things, we're still looking like having an appalling summer. The second in a row from Rodgers & FSG.

There is 100% no doubt we need 2 more 1st team players at least. I have a feeling it will be Cissokho (not 1st team really) and 1 more (Costa or someone like that).
    I cant see more than that coming in at the moment.

I completely disagree that we have had an appalling summer though. Appalling is too strong it has been average - not great but not bad.

More players are required however.

mayordenis wrote: »
    is it viewable anywhere?

Sky Sport News I assume as they have the primary rights. It might be on BBC Radio 5live. but wouldn't bank on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_five_live

This. X 1000 this.

Appalling was Hodgson though Mereiles was decent.

I'm expecting 2 first team signings and while it is a bit annoying not to read much rumour stuff on twitter it is also comforting not to read much rumour stuff on twitter!

If Skrtel is staying I doubt we'll be signing a CB though, a DM becomes a necessity for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

gafferino wrote: »
    There is 100% no doubt we need 2 more 1st team players at least. I have a feeling it will be Cissokho (not 1st team really) and 1 more (Costa or someone like that).
    I cant see more than that coming in at the moment.

I completely disagree that we have had an appalling summer though. Appalling is too strong it has been average - not great but not bad.

More players are required however.

Suarez out and Costa + a cover left back in and you can go away passing off the summer as "average" imo.

i wouldn't go as far as appalling, but it won't have been a good summer if we don't get 2 or 3 signings in.

whatever we all think about Suarez, it is a world class player gone.

as our management have said already, the start of the summer was about adding depth to the squad. that's done, and fair play to them. the second part of the summer was about strengthening the first team. that has not been done adequately at all yet.

we won't have much hope of pushing on at all if signings aren't made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

mike65 wrote: »

Will Arsenal still be interested if he's cup tied for the Capital One cup?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Suarez out and Costa + a cover left back in and you can go away passing off the summer as "average" imo.

Lloyd with us not having CL to attract a certain calibre of player.

Players already in, Costa + left back cover being average.

What would you class as a good to great summer ?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

With all the furore over this Suarez thing, we could be in advanced negotiations for Messi and people would hardly notice! Maybe it is all an elaborate smokescreen that Suarez/Rodgers/Ayre/Henry have been working on, and a video will be released on them planning it all right after we sign have elaborately tricked Arsenal and Chelsea into selling us Walcott and Hazard by posing as a fan asking for an autograph, but it was really a sale agreement?

Fingers crossed!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Are you implying that if Suarez leaves & the extent of our business for the rest of the summer is Costa & cover for LB it'll have been anything other than a very poor transfer window?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I wish people will stop with this nonsense.
    Look at who Spurs have brought in without CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

A good to great improvement of our starting 11

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    With all the furore over this Suarez thing, we could be in advanced negotiations for Messi and people would hardly notice! Maybe it is all an elaborate smokescreen that Suarez/Rodgers/Ayre/Henry have been working on, and a video will be released on them planning it all right after we sign have elaborately tricked Arsenal and Chelsea into selling us Walcott and Hazard by posing as a fan asking for an autograph, but it was really a sale agreement?

Fingers crossed!!!

dr-evil-laugh-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I would class a great summer as strengthening better than those teams we are trying to catch (Arsenal + Spurs).

Spurs have bought better than we have. Arsenal not yet, though they obviously have money that has yet to be spent. Add in losing Suarez without adequately replacing him and you could call that a bad summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Are you implying that if Suarez leaves & the extent of our business for the rest of the summer is Costa & cover for LB it'll have been anything other than a very poor transfer window?

Its hardly a city/chelsea window but we cant really call it a disaster because we dont really know how the players will be. Mignolet and toure have looked impressive at the back and aspas has done very well so far. Alberto is more one for the future, theres certainly more incomings atleast two.
    If mignolet saves us points regarding saves, toure helps steady the defence and aspas chips in with 10-15 goals then it cant really go down as a very poor window really?

NukaCola wrote: »
    I wish people will stop with this nonsense.
    Look at who Spurs have brought in without CL.

Meant European football. But yeah Spurs are doing great work in the transfer window.

According to TransferMarket Spurs have spent €57.8m this window.

Not at all Mr.Alan

I was just wondering what Lloyd would class as a good window. I'd be inclined to think we're somewhere just about average at the minute.

If Suarez goes and the club don't make the right move's it will be a poor window. I think we all know that .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement