Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Got a link/tweet?

Latest I saw was that there is an agreement between LFC and player, but the two clubs hadn't agreed on whether it was to be loan or permanent.

Pretty much what I can see on Twitter is the same as yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

where have you seen this?
    Cissokho told Le10Sport, “Liverpool came to me and it’s true that I have agreed to join them.”

Cissokho was clear to point out that the clubs are yet to agree the full terms on the deal, whether it be a season-long loan or permanent transfer.

He continued, “Now it is down to the clubs to decide a transfer deal. Liverpool want a loan, while Valencia prefer a complete transfer.”

However, Cissokho also admitted that if the clubs don’t come to an agreement over his switch, he is happy to play on at the Spanish side.

He added, “If nothing happens this week, it certainly means that I will not move to Liverpool. But this isn’t a problem, I am happy to stay as a Valencia player.”

25-year-old Cissokho has fallen down the pecking order at Mestalla, making just 11 appearances for the La Liga outfit since moving there from Lyon last year.

The Frenchman has so far made just one appearance for his country – an international friendly against Norway back in 2010.

Happy enough with a loan tbh. Rather spend money strengthening other positions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Got a link/tweet?

Latest I saw was that there is an agreement between LFC and player, but the two clubs hadn't agreed on whether it was to be loan or permanent.

Yea, i didnt wait for the second part of the tweet ..(because the bas**rds lured me in with 'agreed terms' and the feed went ape with John Henry quotes).

Yea, thats pretty much where its at. But i suppose the overall thing here is that i think we can put to bed any Siquiera (sp?) stuff now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Hope Henry means it. Maybe its just Arsenal thats sells their best players to their rivals :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Hope Henry means it. Maybe its just Arsenal thats sells their best players to their rivals :P

and manages to finish top 4? If no player is bigger then the famous shankly spirit than sell him? Ya really really don't get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

and manages to finish top 4? If no player is bigger then the famous shankly spirit than sell him? Ya really really don't get it

Finished 4th because Spurs choked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Delighted with Henry's comments. He would look very foolish if we did sell to Arsenal now. He's bang on about not selling to a top four rival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Must say I respect Liverpool if they stand firm on this, unlike our spineless board who will sell to anyone that waves the chequebook.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Finished 4th because Spurs choked.

unbeaten in the last 10 games? come on. Your best player wants to move 'sideways' to a 'classless' club but the FSG boys are gonna bring the famous european nights back to the Kop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Can't sell to Arsenal after those comments, would be humiliating. That's why it's great he's been so adamant.

• Advertisement

You just won the award for the most bitter post of pre season for your incredible effort in the Arsenal thread just now.

John Henry will present the award

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its about now that some bloke in Madrid is pondering if he should switch his interest from 100m Bale to 40 million Suarez. Despite what Henry says we know deals can be done.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

unbeaten in the last 10 games? come on. Your best player wants to move 'sideways' to a 'classless' club but the FSG boys are gonna bring the famous european nights back to the Kop.

Classlessness has only recently been introduced to this thread, not that you'd know anything about that, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

So with Henry talking the boy is staying, now can we get on with signing players!!

Public apology from Suarez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

266352.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Public apology from Suarez?

That would be of no interest for me as you just know in spirit it would be like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I know it seems extreme and somewhat counter productive to leave him sulking and in limbo, but I have to say I'll be fairly impressed if Liverpool hold firm on this. It will send a message to other clubs who think we're easy and our own players who think of acting in this manner.

This and shipping Reina off for the Barca scenario may seem like cutting off our nose to spite our face, but it has its merits.

I think...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You just won the award for the most bitter post of pre season for your incredible effort in the Arsenal thread just now.

John Henry will present the award

This is from the Arsenal thread
    **** it like, im sick of it.

Liverpool can **** up if they think they look good ot of this, their best player wants to join us and they are forcing him to stay so they can get in the top 4 and bring back the 'famous European nights'. Well an actual club who doesn't boast and act like a shower of tools sells their best player and sill manages to do it.

Standard Liverpool nobody is bigger than the club sanctimonious bull as well with all their Shankly spirit. If nobody is bigger than the club sell the player and stop talking rot as usual.

Suarez isn't worth this anymore, let him rot in the reserves or whatever and let us move on. The club did try in fairness but I honestly don't see the point in dealing with it.

The thread at the minute is a hoot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Grayditch wrote: »
    I know it seems extreme and somewhat counter productive to leave him sulking and in limbo, but I have to say I'll be fairly impressed if Liverpool hold firm on this. It will send a message to other clubs who think we're easy and our own players who think of acting in this manner.

This and shipping Reina off for the Barca scenario may seem like cutting off our nose to spite our face, but it has its merits.

I think...

as opposed to selling him to Arsenal? who are a rival not even offering to meet our own valuation?

Its a world cup year, he'll be keen to be in form. As I mentioned before too, he'll be at worst still worth 40million in January. He'll be free to play in Europe for many clubs on the continent who wish to make an assault on the champions league

I'm not going down in the Liverpool thread by myself!
    FearDark wrote: »
    Reading that statement it seems Liverpool are a cult. I actually hate them, not because they wont sell Suarez - that's their decision but because they're a sanctimonious shower of pompus GOWLS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

My regards to the boogie monster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Can people stop mentioning it's a World Cup year, Suarez can play golf for the next year and still get picked, it's not a factor in anything that happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Yup.

Arsenal lack class because they added £1 to the £40million bid. A really cheap shot. £100k would have shown some class but you exposed your club as grubby pennypinchers.

And i make that remark as someone who respected the club for many years and admire much of what it has achieved under the constraints that Wenger has had to work with.

Just my opinion tho, yo.

• Advertisement

as opposed to selling him to Arsenal? who are a rival not even offering to meet our own valuation?

No, refusing that would be one of its merits. I just don't know how it will play out with him staying. I'm just noting that it might seem counterproductive to some.

I'd prefer him in the stands than at Arsenal.

T-K-O wrote: »
    My regards to the boogie monster.

who's the BOOGIE the monster? John Barnes?

Can people stop mentioning it's a World Cup year, Suarez can play golf for the next year and still get picked, it's not a factor in anything that happens.

Yes and no. Forlan / Cavani / Suarez. They have options. However this is immaterial, he will not rot in the reserves.

1. He will play for us
    2. He will move on in Jan or next summer

Either way, he's playing football.

who's the BOOGIE the monster? John Barnes?

Brilliant isn't it? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

You're a real team player, throwing your fellow fan under the bus!

• Advertisement

I see the mutual respect I imagined between Liverpool and Arsenal fans is fraying as much as the one between Henry and Wenger ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I cant see why the fans of the clubs would have any problem with each other, both clubs havent done too much wrong. Suarez is the fella everybody is pissed with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

5live wrote: »
    Yup.

Arsenal lack class because they added £1 to the £40million bid. A really cheap shot. £100k would have shown some class but you exposed your club as grubby pennypinchers.

And i make that remark as someone who respected the club for many years and admire much of what it has achieved under the constraints that Wenger has had to work with.

Just my opinion tho, yo.

A gooner on this thread yesterday was saying that adding the £1 on was standard practice in these release clause type deals, I must say that it's the first time I've heard of a team pulling that manouevre manouvre
    ah feck it pulling that move.... Anyone else give me other examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Some statement from JW Henry #outofthepark #homerun #touchdown #3pointer

Tricking and imprisoning Suarez will be the best bit of business Rodgers does this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

When will chairmen/owners/managers ever learn?

Whilst the sentiment from Henry is clearly the correct one, it's also a load of nonsense that will be quoted back to him in the future.

It's well and good saying he won't be going under any circumstances. But you look a right fool in 3 weeks if £55/£60million bid comes in and Suarez strolls off down the Emirates.

Everyone has a price - even to Arsenal. Nobody in their right mind would turn down those sort of bids when the alternative is a sulky child on your hands for a year.

When will chairmen/owners/managers ever learn?

Whilst the sentiment from Henry is clearly the correct one, it's also a load of nonsense that will be quoted back to him in the future.

It's well and good saying he won't be going under any circumstances. But you look a right fool in 3 weeks if £55/£60million bid comes in and Suarez strolls off down the Emirates.

Everyone has a price - even to Arsenal. Nobody in their right mind would turn down those sort of bids when the alternative is a sulky child on your hands for a year.

You think Arsenal will increase their offer by 50%? No chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I don't think Arsenal have to make another bid now, they've likely done exactly what they set out to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

A gooner on this thread yesterday was saying that adding the £1 on was standard practice in these release clause type deals, I must say that it's the first time I've heard of a team pulling that manouevre manouvre
    ah feck it pulling that move.... Anyone else give me other examples?

Chelsea have offered £30m for Rooney, Wenger is deciding whether to offer £30,000,001

seemingly Chamach is on his way to Palace, Holloway was asked his opinion, he said whenever he played he scored, but could not get in the Arsenal team because Van Persie was there, so Gervinho gone, chamach on way out, now they won't get Suarez, I think the Arsenal fans on this thread having a go at our club, need to step back into their own threads.

I don't agree with the Arsenal FC no class tag some people have given them here, I think they are a very classy club, just some of the fans have no class, especially a couple of them on Boards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Chelsea have offered £30m for Rooney, Wenger is deciding whether to offer £30,000,001

seemingly Chamach is on his way to Palace, Holloway was asked his opinion, he said whenever he played he scored, but could not get in the Arsenal team because Van Persie was there, so Gervinho gone, chamach on way out, now they won't get Suarez, I think the Arsenal fans on this thread having a go at our club, need to step back into their own threads.

I don't agree with the Arsenal FC no class tag some people have given them here, I think they are a very classy club, just some of the fans have no class, especially a couple of them on Boards :)
    Eh one fan has been in here having a go, no more than Liverpool fans in the arsenal thread, lets not make this into something its not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't know why Arsenal fans are surprised. They basically handed the title to Man United on a plate when they caved in and let Van Persie join them, the fact that we seem to be stronger now must infuriate them.

Don't know why Arsenal fans are surprised. They basically handed the title to Man United on a plate when they caved in and let Van Persie join them, the fact that we seem to be stronger now must infuriate them.

Don't speak too soon :rolleyes:

I don't think we are stronger now squad wise if that's what you meant.

However Spurs are and as things stand they'll be ahead of Arsenal this season. Hopefully Arsenal don't sign anyone significant now

I would be more upset if Xabi goes to Chelsea than Suarez to Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

daithijjj wrote: »
    Daniel Thomas ‏@TLW1Dan 6m
    I see you baby, Iago Aspas, Iago Aspas
    :pac:
    Got great laugh off this today and was thinking of other songs for aspas.....
    So bare with me (it'll be worth it).
    Aspas after burying the winner against united ..in fergie time at anfield crowd goes balastic and eveyone is on their feet.
    cue hands out and jazz hands and and everyone starts low with "Iagoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" getting higher as it goes on and then
    " Iago Aspas -Go Aspas -go Aspas- goal
    Iago Aspas -Go Aspas -go Aspas- goal
    Iago Aspas -Go Aspas -go Aspas- goal"

Iagoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"
    to the tune in this song & everyone jumping around like lunatics :):):):)
    go to 4:46 on this clip for the tune

http://youtu.be/4n2d1_OIHZ4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Arsenal wont even go to £50 million, they only went for him because they learned they could get him on the cheap, well thought they could. There 1 pound bid says it all.

The message is clear from Henry he would rather let him sit on the bench than strengthen a rival. Its footballing reasons not financial.

If Suarez gives up too and plans on playing for liverpool again he will need to do the following,
    sack his agent, hire a damn good pr team and bust a gut to get back into the side after his ban. No ****e out of him and quickly sell him on next season abroad.

I still dont think this is over though:mad:

That 1 pound was a waste of 99p, really. You could buy a Picnic bar for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Feck, that's pretty unequivocal stuff, never expected such clear statements from Henry and Rodgers too. Liverpool will not sell until they have a replacement they want signed up, and that isn't going to happen this Summer. Jaysus, can see this appealing to the more diehard section of the support, some contrast to a year ago.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Don't think this is over by a long shot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement