Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Got great laugh off this today and was thinking of other songs for aspas.....
    So bare with me (it'll be worth it).
    Aspas after burying the winner against united ..in fergie time at anfield crowd goes balastic and eveyone is on their feet.
    cue hands out and jazz hands and and everyone starts low with "Iagoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" getting higher as it goes on and then
    " Iago Aspas -Go Aspas -go Aspas- goal
    Iago Aspas -Go Aspas -go Aspas- goal
    Iago Aspas -Go Aspas -go Aspas- goal"

Iagoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"
    to the tune in this song & everyone jumping around like lunatics :):):):)
    go to 4:46 on this clip for the tune

http://youtu.be/4n2d1_OIHZ4

No. No that's ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You think Arsenal will increase their offer by 50%? No chance

i think £40m in current market prices was nowhere near his true valuation, Arsenal know this.

Add to that the pressure Wenger will be under if he doesn't bring in a marquee signing.

So yeah, the final bid will be closer to £60m than it is to £40m.

If this is a tactic by Henry to force up the bid, it's smart on one level and another he'll look very foolish.

Mind you it's worth recalling Torres was sold 3 days after the club said he would not be sold.

Suarez will go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

No. No that's ****e.

You Sir, have quite the delicate way with words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Its one thing for managers/chairmen to say it but when the owner comes outright to a huge newspaper like that with the quotes hes given theres not a chance suarez is off to arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

klose wrote: »
    Its one thing for managers/chairmen to say it but when the owner comes outright to a huge newspaper like that with the quotes hes given theres not a chance suarez is off to arsenal

Agree can't see him go to any premier league team now, he can stay or go abroad for a fair price both are equally appealing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Knex. wrote: »
    You Sir, have quite the delicate way with words.

Think he is off the hooch since the start of he year so maybe that, with the suarez debacle has made him a kranky pants.:(

**** it I am going to sing it if he scores on Saturday.IagoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOO go aspas go aspas go aspas goal!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

i think £40m in current market prices was nowhere near his true valuation, Arsenal know this.

Add to that the pressure Wenger will be under if he doesn't bring in a marquee signing.

So yeah, the final bid will be closer to £60m than it is to £40m.

If this is a tactic by Henry to force up the bid, it's smart on one level and another he'll look very foolish.

Mind you it's worth recalling Torres was sold 3 days after the club said he would not be sold.

Suarez will go.

He's going nowhere, the owner has staked his reputation on it. He isn't going to back track after the letter of apology after the shambles at the end of last Summer's window.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

He'll go up in my estimation if he keeps his word and adds some signings.
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    Ambitious good signing please.

Preview?imageID=1236&generatorTypeID=&text0=Good%20Signings%3F&text1=We%20need%20Marquee%20signings%21&rectangle=false

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I don't think we are stronger now squad wise if that's what you meant.

However Spurs are and as things stand they'll be ahead of Arsenal this season. Hopefully Arsenal don't sign anyone significant now

No I meant more in terms of negotiating and not bowing to the demands of other clubs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

and manages to finish top 4? If no player is bigger then the famous shankly spirit than sell him? Ya really really don't get it

Good luck with that trophy drought next season

• Advertisement

I notice cissokho is being linked again, hope there is nothing in it. Would much prefer siqueira.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Good strong words by Henry.

I still expect Suarez to be gone though.....what he's saying is its gonna f€ck us up if he leaves.....so you better be paying big to make it worth our while. Just putting the clubs side across pretty strong (glad he did so) in case other clubs think we want a quick sale because of his antics.

Not to Aresenal though....not after that statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

I'd nearly say the Luis has a humble pie to say. Looks like he's going nowhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Breaking news Liverpool just made a multi million pound bid for this bad boy..

7f9d1d9b2ee93eed3700991db007fffd.wix_mp_1024.jpg

Ok, how do I get the pic to show without just a link showing, please and thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

more of a gazebo than a marquee. :D

use the picture icon in the menu and copy the image link into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Ok, how do I get the pic to show without just a link showing, please and thank you!
    Don't bother, the 'joke' isn't worth the effort ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Click the square yellow icon with the mountains and stuff and add the link.

Or just put link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

See that icon in the reply window of a yellow "postcard"? just click that and paste the link.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Public apology from Suarez?

Would it be believable ?
    Personally I would find it hard to support him again

Would it be believable ?
    Personally I would find it hard to support him as a Liverpool fan again

Don't care if his apology is as sarcastic as father jacks if he starts scoring like last season all is forgiven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

So what's the plan now? I'm assuming we'll be looking to have a buyer on the continent lined up for January? As delighted as I am on Henry and co's stance re selling him to Arsenal, Suarez is poison to the squad now imo. There's no way back for him as far as I can see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

When it looked like he was about to leave Man City the season before he was significant in helping Man City win the league, Tevez was oh so very bold, oh so very bold indeed! Bolder than Suarez even. Look how that turned out. Our year :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Nice strong statement alright, but we'll see if the deeds match the words. If Costa, or someone similar, is signed then he might still go to a non Arsenal team with the club saying they had been able to secure a replacement, or something similar.

If he is sold to Arsenal, even with a substantially improved bid, the whole thing will have been a load of pointless posturing, and make a mockery of the club and himself.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Good luck with that trophy drought next season

Why bother with petty, provocative statements like this? It would be different if we had won what Chelsea, Utd or even City had in the last few years (although I still don't like those type of statements), but we are hardly falling over ourselves in success lately either. An FA Cup and a League Cup since 2005 is all well and good, but not enough to gloat to a team that consistently finishes above us in the league about.

No wonder these threads descend into crap so often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Can't wait til the gunners come to Anfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

“So for football reasons we can’t – and especially to Arsenal. We’ve made that clear. I have said to Ivan Gazidis in a personal conversation that we will not sell to Arsenal. It is unequivocal, but that doesn’t seem to slow them down so I can’t wait to see what the next bid is.

I actually lol'd. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

One thing I'm kind of curious about, if Suarez's contract does indeed state that £40m is the point at which the club will start negotiating....does outright refusal to negotiate with Arsenal after they've bid that amount not breach that clause?

• Advertisement

I found it lol'able that he was saying 'uniforms' instead of kit or whatever!

One thing I'm kind of curious about, if Suarez's contract does indeed state that £40m is the point at which the club will start negotiating....does outright refusal to negotiate with Arsenal after they've bid that amount not breach that clause?

I'd say they did negotiate, it just took about a split second to make their mind up and reject the bid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I thought Rodgers said the other day that no such clause existed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Every time I convince myself of one definite outcome something happens that convinces me otherwise....

I give up on this saga... What ever happens happens

I thought Rodgers said the other day that no such clause existed

Don't know?

Henry makes reference to it?
    As did the Players Union?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I normally try and read a few chapters of a book before I go asleep but tonight the kindle has been discarded in favour of the Arsenal thread....they've been brilliant throughout this.

• Advertisement

Don't know?

Henry makes reference to it? As did the Players Union?

Given the confusion it would probably make sense that the clause is for the club to consider offers over 40...while they believe it's to let him go.

Don't know?

Henry makes reference to it? As did the Players Union?

If it was in the contract that Suarez could leave if a bid of £40m (or some reports add £1 to that) was received, he would be gone by now.

The players union would be on Suarezs side, so if he was in the right that he could leave if a bid was received, they would have backed him up.

Looks like the club have done everything right in this case.

I didn't say it's in his clause that he could leave.

Just that apparently it's in the contract we'd negotiate. We don't seem to be doing that. Which I'm very happy about. It was just something that occurred to me earlier. Could be a potential issue. Still plenty of twists & turns in this yet.

I didn't say it's in his clause that he could leave.

Just that apparently it's in the contract we'd negotiate. We don't seem to be doing that. Which I'm very happy about. It was just something that occurred to me earlier. Could be a potential issue. Still plenty of twists & turns in this yet.

Maybe it just says we'll listen to bids over the mark, but doesn't necessarily mean we will accept them.

I imagine this will rumble on for the rest of Suarez's career!

Knex. wrote: »
    Click the square yellow icon with the mountains and stuff and add the link.

Or just put link.
    mike65 wrote: »
    See that icon in the reply window of a yellow "postcard"? just click that and paste the link.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrjFtypYlY93UZ13EWIp8xo3HEMd87Ghfkst3njDSrcKwrKgFP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

The apparent clause in Suarez contract, a team bids over £40 million and Liverpool only have to consider it/start negotiating but can just plainly reject it, must be the most pointless clause that I have ever heard of. All fool Suarez, his agent and advisors for agreeing to such a clause and not see that it is completely worthless.

Meh...I'm fairly happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Them saying £40 Million is a joke is negotiating, sure Levy is negotiating at Spurs.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Would it be believable ?
    Personally I would find it hard to support him again

If his apology was
    "I'm sorry I treated you like ***** but I really want to leave.
    I'm going to stay and play because I have no choice but I'll put in just as much effort as I did last season because I'd like for everyone to not curse my name when I do eventually go. Also, it helps me sleep, it's a world cup year and lifes too short to play **** football."

At this stage I'd rather honesty than some bull**** apology that literally nobody anywhere would believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Well selling to Arsenal or not, Liverpool come out weakest from this transfer mess. Suarez has left himself unplayable and sulky with Arsenal purring to him and not getting sold like he wanted - which is sh*t for yous but a reality.

The transfer has pretty much neutered the one outstanding quality in your side and because of this it will probable leave ye in the same position as you were last season if not worse in the league.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Well selling to Arsenal or not, Liverpool come out weakest from this transfer mess. Suarez has left himself unplayable and sulky with Arsenal purring to him and not getting sold like he wanted - which is sh*t for yous but a reality.

The transfer has pretty much neutered the one outstanding quality in your side and because of this it will probable leave ye in the same position as you were last season if not worse in the league.

6/10. Not enough subtlety I felt so you lose a few marks there.

I dunno...the post almost had bitter tears dripping off it.

Turtyturd wrote: »

Here's a piture of HazDanz facebook profile.

SimpsonLemon.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Turtyturd wrote: »

Not trying to be subtle. It's how I see it. Do you disagree? What do you think will happen this coming season without Suarez leading the lines fully focused? I just can't see him putting in as much effort.

Not biter at all btw. I was a pro- Higuain anti Suarez for baggage reasons man. I'll be happy once the club gets another decent striker who can do a job in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

K-9 wrote: »
    He's going nowhere, the owner has staked his reputation on it. He isn't going to back track after the letter of apology after the shambles at the end of last Summer's window.

what's to stop the owner lighting up a cigar in 3 weeks when he accepts £55m and comes out laughing saying it was "all part of the plan"?

Also how much is his reputation worth? He's stated unequivocally Suarez will not be sold to Arsenal at any price.

Suspending disbelief for a moment, Arsenal come in and bid £100 million. And do a little Dr. Evil voice with it. Think he turns that down?

There's a case bottom line here. Suarez has a price, as every footballer does. Even Messi. Sometimes that price may well be so high it's bordering on stupidity and fantasy. If a member of one of the Arab Royals came to Barca and said Half a Billion quid for Messi to come play in my local-non-alcoholic-pub league, Barca would sell too.

The question still remains - what is Suarez price? And when you factor in he's deeply unhappy, acting like a big child and is a divisive influence at the football club, the likes of £55/£60 million from ANY club would have to be accepted.

I mean, look, if he stays i'll be the first to say i got it wrong. But the owners statement carries no weight until September 2nd.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement