Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

6/10. Not enough subtlety I felt so you lose a few marks there.

In fairness what he has said is the truth. Whether yas want to believe it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

what's to stop the owner lighting up a cigar in 3 weeks when he accepts £55m and comes out laughing saying it was "all part of the plan"?

Also how much is his reputation worth? He's stated unequivocally Suarez will not be sold to Arsenal at any price.

Suspending disbelief for a moment, Arsenal come in and bid £100 million. And do a little Dr. Evil voice with it. Think he turns that down?

There's a case bottom line here. Suarez has a price, as every footballer does. Even Messi. Sometimes that price may well be so high it's bordering on stupidity and fantasy. If a member of one of the Arab Royals came to Barca and said Half a Billion quid for Messi to come play in my local-non-alcoholic-pub league, Barca would sell too.

The question still remains - what is Suarez price? And when you factor in he's deeply unhappy, acting like a big child and is a divisive influence at the football club, the likes of £55/£60 million from ANY club would have to be accepted.

I mean, look, if he stays i'll be the first to say i got it wrong. But the owners statement carries no weight until September 2nd.

The likelihood of Arsenal coming in with a £55/60 Million bid is a tad unlikely.

If Real come in with that maybe, except Henry has said he isn't going, as we don't have time to get a replacement. Basically he isn't going to allow a Carroll type scenario to happen again.

Maybe Costas is the answer but Henry's comments aren't very complimentary on him, so!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Personally i dont think the Owner has covered himself in any glory throughout this episode.

Rodgers is handling it superbly, Henry not so much.

People on here complain about Arsenal - "the cheek of them with that bid! £1 on top!!" or "must have been tapping him up" or "should be reported to the Premier League" etc.

To my mind Arsenal have conducted their business with professionalism. They bid the amount they felt required to do and have kept their mouths shut from Wenger up.

Contrast that to the "What are they smoking at the Emirates" type statement and todays one where he taunts them with a "can't wait to see their next bid".........

Between this and the Kenny-gate tshirts and other affairs, you really can't blame neutrals when they say LFC has gone down a notch in their book. And i hear many saying it.

The Glazers learned fast after a dodgy beginning to keep their mouths shut. It works. Hicks and that mob never did. And i hope Henry learns soon. Conduct business professionally behind closed doors, do an effective job and leave this petty nonsense to the fans to engage in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

K-9 wrote: »
    The likelihood of Arsenal coming in with a £55/60 Million bid is a tad unlikely.

If Real come in with that maybe, except Henry has said he isn't going, as we don't have time to get a replacement. Basically he isn't going to allow a Carroll type scenario to happen again.

Maybe Costas is the answer but Henry's comments aren't very complimentary on him, so!

Getting the replacement is the worrying part there. Implies the spending is done.

That said, if Real were to come in, a cash plus similar player deal would be better than a lump sum.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

K-9 wrote: »

what did Henry say about Costa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

what did Henry say about Costa?

'He costa too much'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

T-K-O wrote: »
    'He costa too much'

I totally read that in Chico Marx's accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Personally i dont think the Owner has covered himself in any glory throughout this episode.

People on here complain about Arsenal - "the cheek of them with that bid! £1 on top!!" or "must have been tapping him up" or "should be reported to the Premier League" etc.

To my mind Arsenal have conducted their business with professionalism. They bid the amount they felt required to do and have kept their mouths shut from Wenger up.

Contrast that to the "What are they smoking at the Emirates" type statement and todays one where he taunts them with a "can't wait to see their next bid".........

Between this and the Kenny-gate tshirts and other affairs, you really can't blame neutrals when they say LFC has gone down a notch in their book. And i hear many saying it.

The Glazers learned fast after a dodgy beginning to keep their mouths shut. It works. Hicks and that mob never did. And i hope Henry learns soon. Conduct business professionally behind closed doors, do an effective job and leave this petty nonsense to the fans to engage in.

Maybe he feels he has to get the fans onside after last summer's disaster, we heard nothing from him then. I don't mind him saying these things, I dont give a **** if we hurt arsenal's feelings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I totally read that in Chico Marx's accent.

Leslie Nielsen for me.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Maybe he feels he has to get the fans onside after last summer's disaster, we heard nothing from him then. I don't mind him saying these things, I dont give a **** if we hurt arsenal's feelings.

Which is missing the point entirely.

This isn't about Arsenals feelings.

It's about how you do business. How many other owners are going to want to do business with Henry when he's setting a precedent for taking the p1ss out of other clubs publicly? This behaviour may well end up biting him and the club in the ass when other owners/chairmen are hesitant to do business in case they get their football club slated by a fellow owner in the media.

And what happens in the future, and this may well happen, when LFC come knocking on Arsenals door because they want to take one of their players? This type of stuff won't be forgotten, not at the Emirates nor at Old Trafford or Villa Park or anywhere else. Owners will see how Henry does business and think "is it worth the hassle?".

There's a right way and a wrong way to go about things and this is not the right way.

It's about how you do business. How many other owners are going to want to do business with Henry when he's setting a precedent for taking the p1ss out of other clubs publicly? This behaviour may well end up biting him and the club in the ass when other owners/chairmen are hesitant to do business in case they get their football club slated by a fellow owner in the media.

And what happens in the future, and this may well happen, when LFC come knocking on Arsenals door because they want to take one of their players? This type of stuff won't be forgotten, not at the Emirates nor at Old Trafford or Villa Park or anywhere else. Owners will see how Henry does business and think "is it worth the hassle?".

There's a right way and a wrong way to go about things and this is not the right way.

Football is a buisness these days, there is no time for nice guys. I'm sure if we put a bid in for one of arsenals top players, we would be told to **** off as well and its not going happen. I dont get your "is it worth the hassle" line, surely any other owner would have his own club in his own best interests so the hassle is either worth it or not. I find nothing wrong with Henrys comments myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Arsenal had access to the players contract which is a complete breach of the rules.
    Henry may not know a whole lot about football, but coming from the world of baseball, he knows a lot about wheelin' and dealin' for players. Not the first time he has dealt with **** like this.
    I think his comments were first class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Didn't Henry say he rang his counterpart at Arsenal to tell him not to bother making a bid and they still did. I think that pissed him off.

Liverpool are the sellers here. Perfectly within our rights to tell Arsenal where to go.

Football is a buisness these days, there is no time for nice guys. I'm sure if we put a bid in for one of arsenals top players, we would be told to **** off as well and its not going happen. I dont get your "is it worth the hassle" line, surely any other owner would have his own club in his own best interests so the hassle is either worth it or not. I find nothing wrong with Henrys comments myself.

And Football is a unique business at that. Such comments mean nothing. Jaysus, Look at how Suarez has treated the club yet he could and probably will play for us again.

Villa / Utd etc couldn't care less about this soap opera

• Advertisement

amber69 wrote: »
    Didn't Henry say he rang his counterpart at Arsenal to tell him not to bother making a bid and they still did. I think that pissed him off.

From what I read, Liverpool informed Arsenal that there was no RELEASE clause and yet they still put the bid in. If that was the case, the 40.1 bid was definitely out of order.

None of this really matters. We need players and Arsenal have their own problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,396 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

For what it's worth as a Liverpool fan I don't believe this is the end of the matter. I think Liverpool will have the feelers out for a potential buyer on the continent and if they get the right offer I think they will sell. However I think it would take something crazy now for Liverpool to sell to Arsenal. Rodgers clearly believes it would be LFC cutting their own throat and has probably emphasised that to Henry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,396 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Hang on this is the same Arsenal who seem to have intimate knowledge of Suarez' contract despite the fact they shouldn't?

Or the same Arsenal who despite allegedly knowing his contract came in with a derisory first offer that they knew wasn't enough before following up with the famous 40+1 quid offer? Granted I'm sure it's Suarez' agent that informed them but it hasn't stopped them sticking their oar in even though they know they shouldn't have had access to that information.

I think it's been documented by several journalists already that there is a lot of anger at boardroom level at Liverpool about the way Arsenal have gone about this yet Liverpool are the bad guys here because they won't just bend over and sell up? Liverpool are only doing what Arsenal fans wanted their club to do over Van Persie last Summer. Only Liverpool have more leverage due to the length left on Suarez' contract.

I don't recall seeing Alisher Usmanov or Stan Kroenke coming out on Twitter saying "what are they smoking at the Nou Camp" during the Fabregas transfer dealings.

Telling someone to politely jog on is no problem. But that stuff remains private. If you start publicly ripping the p1ss out of other football clubs, whether you feel like it or not, then you're on thin ice for future transfer dealings.

Let's say, for example, that Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal are in the market for the same player and can all offer the club the same fee. The selling club are going to want to sell to the ones they can trust to do it professionally. They won't want to deal with Henry in case the deal goes south and they wake up to nonsense on Twitter slating their club.
    amber69 wrote: »
    Being pissed off is no excuse to be unprofessional.
    Liverpool are the sellers here. Perfectly within our rights to tell Arsenal where to go.

yep, no problem. The right way. Not on twitter or facebook or anywhere else to try score cheap points with home fans to the detriment of the longer-term ability to conduct transfers.

Hang on this is the same Arsenal who seem to have intimate knowledge of Suarez' contract despite the fact they shouldn't?

Or the same Arsenal who despite allegedly knowing his contract came in with a derisory first offer that they knew wasn't enough before following up with the famous 40+1 quid offer?

I think it's been documented by several journalists already that there is a lot of anger at boardroom level at Liverpool about the way Arsenal have gone about this yet Liverpool are the bad guys here because they won't just bend over and sell up? Liverpool are only doing what Arsenal fans wanted their club to do over Van Persie last Summer. Only Liverpool have more leverage due to the length left on Suarez' contract.

If Liverpool can show/prove Arsenal went to Suarez agent directly and asked for confidential information, that's a different matter.

As it stands, it's equally (if not more) likely that the agent was hawking around this £40+1 figure to anybody willing to listen in Europe.

If that IS the case, what did Arsenal do wrong?

If you're driving home and a motorist flashes you to warn you of a speed-camera, you slow down right? Because you'd be a fool not to take that information and use it.

Same deal. If they were told , and they wanted him, course they'd use it.

If the Liverpool board are annoyed with Arsenal, no problem. There are ways and means to show that. Hold out for a far bigger transfer fee over Suarez. Or add a few zeroes next time Arsenal come looking for any Liverpool player. etc.

Coming out on Twitter and ripping this piss out of them is not a professional response.

• Advertisement

If Liverpool can show/prove Arsenal went to Suarez agent directly and asked for confidential information, that's a different matter.

As it stands, it's equally (if not more) likely that the agent was hawking around this £40+1 figure to anybody willing to listen in Europe.

If that IS the case, what did Arsenal do wrong?

If you're driving home and a motorist flashes you to warn you of a speed-camera, you slow down right? Because you'd be a fool not to take that information and use it.

Same deal. If they were told , and they wanted him, course they'd use it.

If the Liverpool board are annoyed with Arsenal, no problem. There are ways and means to show that. Hold out for a far bigger transfer fee over Suarez. Or add a few zeroes next time Arsenal come looking for any Liverpool player. etc.

Coming out on Twitter and ripping this piss out of them is not a professional response.

So Henry informing the owner at Arsenal, 'there is no clause' meant absolutely nothing?

In effect, Arsenal called Henry a liar. Professionalism goes both ways.

So Henry informing the owner at Arsenal, 'there is no clause' meant absolutely nothing?

In effect, Arsenal called Henry a liar. Professionalism goes both ways.

If Henry privately told them there is no clause

AND

Gazidis still bid

Then there should be no reason to be annoyed. If the owner is certain there is no clause, then he can look at any bid, whether it's 40+1 or £48m or £54m and say thank you, but no thank you.

There is no "insult" in receiving a £40,000,001 bid IF the owner is certain of the situation, then it's an easy one. he either wants to take that bid or he doesn't.

Anyway, you flat out don't see the owners of Manchester City or Barcelona or Inter Milan or any of the "top" clubs with traditions resorting to Twitter to rip the piss out of other clubs.

No need for it and there's only one reason for doing it. To gain favour with the home supporters. He could have said to Ivan on the phone "what you smoking down there lol" and left it at that.

AND

Gazidis still bid

Then there should be no reason to be annoyed. If the owner is certain there is no clause, then he can look at any bid, whether it's 40+1 or £48m or £54m and say thank you, but no thank you.

There is no "insult" in receiving a £40,000,001 bid IF the owner is certain of the situation, then it's an easy one. he either wants to take that bid or he doesn't.

Anyway, you flat out don't see the owners of Manchester City or Barcelona or Inter Milan or any of the "top" clubs with traditions resorting to Twitter to rip the piss out of other clubs.

No need for it and there's only one reason for doing it. To gain favour with the home supporters. He could have said to Ivan on the phone "what you smoking down there lol" and left it at that.

Come off it.

Lets say on Monday morning, Henry calls Ivan. There is no 40+ get out clause.

If the second bid was 45 or more well then that was a genuine attempt to twist LFC's arm BUT it wasn't. Arsenal tried to pull a fast one with 40.1 bid

A cheeky bid got a cheeky response. It's as simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

AND

Gazidis still bid

You're outrage is as mis-guided as your analogies.

The issue is not one of twitter or any "off the cuff" remarks. My guess is that Arsenal fans are completely pi**ed off AGAIN at the complete ineptitude of Wenger to sign anybody...couple that with them bending over every time a club comes in for one of it's 'top' stars, and I'd hate to be an Arsenal fan.

Yes you've had top 4 for the last 15 years blah blah, but I'd take a team with belief and planning over Arsenal any day of the week.

Arsenal were told privately and publicly to jog on over the summer. What more would you expect?

IITYWYBMAD wrote: »

The issue is not one of twitter or any "off the cuff" remarks. My guess is that Arsenal fans are completely pi**ed off AGAIN at the complete ineptitude of Wenger to sign anybody...couple that with them bending over every time a club comes in for one of it's 'top' stars, and I'd hate to be an Arsenal fan.

Yes you've had top 4 for the last 15 years blah blah, but I'd take a team with belief and planning over Arsenal any day of the week.

Arsenal were told privately and publicly to jog on over the summer. What more would you expect?

At least we have the (lack of) champions league excuse :pac::pac:

Come off it.

Lets say on Monday morning, Henry calls Ivan. There is no 40+ get out clause.

If the second bid was 45 or more well then that was a genuine attempt to twist LFC's arm BUT it wasn't. Arsenal tried to pull a fast one with 40.1 bid

A cheeky bid got a cheeky response. It's as simple as that.

If Gazidis was told there is no clause, the first thing i would do (in his shoes) is bid £40 +1. If there's no clause, there's nothing to worry about. The bid will be rejected. If there is a clause, then you get the player for a cheaper price.

Clause or no clause, Henry was never going to actually tell Gazidis the truth!! you're telling me he'd have said "pssst Ivan, dont tell anybody but he has a >£40m release clause"???

Come off it indeed. Gazidis did what anybody else would do.

And as i said, and keep repeating, a cheeky response is fine and there's ways and means to do that without taking to Twitter to rip the piss. Or release statements mocking them.

Clearly you disagree but i'm telling ya this won't do Liverpool any favours. you reckon Aston Villa or Man Utd or anybody else won't care?? Course they will.

If both Henry and Daniel Levy ring up Randy Lerner and say "i want your goalkeeper £10 million", course he'd rather do business with Levy. Because however it pans out he there is no potential public ridicule on Twitter and social media.

That sort of stuff may seem innocuous and pointless to ya, and fair enough, but that stuff matters in business and in life.

IITYWYBMAD wrote: »

i'm not an Arsenal fan.

I still have Stig-Inge-Bjornebes autograph in my room from the friendly with Dundalk in '94.

I just take a wider view of all this and that view is taking the piss on Twitter has wider repercussions longer term. It can affect how other clubs potentially deal with Liverpool.

If Gazidis was told there is no clause, the first thing i would do (in his shoes) is bid £40 +1. If there's no clause, there's nothing to worry about. The bid will be rejected. If there is a clause, then you get the player for a cheaper price.

Clause or no clause, Henry was never going to actually tell Gazidis the truth!! you're telling me he'd have said "pssst Ivan, dont tell anybody but he has a >£40m release clause"???

And as i said, and keep repeating, a cheeky response is fine and there's ways and means to do that without taking to Twitter to rip the piss. Or release statements mocking them.

Clearly you disagree but i'm telling ya this won't do Liverpool any favours. you reckon Aston Villa or Man Utd or anybody else won't care?? Course they will.

If both Henry and Daniel Levy ring up Randy Lerner and say "i want your goalkeeper £10 million", course he'd rather do business with Levy. Because however it pans out he there is no potential public ridicule on Twitter and social media.

That sort of stuff may seem innocuous and pointless to ya, and fair enough, but that stuff matters in business and in life.

What are you smoking.

But he did tell him the truth (apparently)

You talk about professionalism and in the same breath state its OK for Arsenal to call LFC liars. It goes both ways. It was one comment get over it.

The .1 bid may seem innocuous to you and if that is the case you're missing the point entirely.

Other teams will NOT care. FACT.

What matters in business is cold hard cash. None of this will have any effect on future dealings. Henry just bought the Boston Globe last week for $70 million cash, he has bought the Orlando Magic, Miami Heat, part of the Yankees,the red sox etc.
    Pretty sure he knows a bit about business dealing. The point you miss here is that he spoke personally to Gazidis who then continued to try to screw him over...a little jibe online is fair game within the context.

I don't recall seeing Alisher Usmanov or Stan Kroenke coming out on Twitter saying "what are they smoking at the Nou Camp" during the Fabregas transfer dealings.

Telling someone to politely jog on is no problem. But that stuff remains private. If you start publicly ripping the p1ss out of other football clubs, whether you feel like it or not, then you're on thin ice for future transfer dealings.

Let's say, for example, that Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal are in the market for the same player and can all offer the club the same fee. The selling club are going to want to sell to the ones they can trust to do it professionally. They won't want to deal with Henry in case the deal goes south and they wake up to nonsense on Twitter slating their club.

Being pissed off is no excuse to be unprofessional.

yep, no problem. The right way. Not on twitter or facebook or anywhere else to try score cheap points with home fans to the detriment of the longer-term ability to conduct transfers.

They will sell to the club they can get the most money out of. If the three clubs have the same offer, I'm sure the player will make the choice of what club to join. You are reading too much into this. It will have zero influence with any future dealings bar Arsenal which I can't see liverpool having any anyway.

• Advertisement

What matters in business is cold hard cash. None of this will have any effect on future dealings. Henry just bought the Boston Globe last week for $70 million cash, he has bought the Orlando Magic, Miami Heat, part of the Yankees,the red sox etc.
    Pretty sure he knows a bit about business dealing. The point you miss here is that he spoke personally to Gazidis who then continued to try to screw him over...a little jibe online is fair game within the context.

Exactly - if that conversation took place, what does that say about Gazidis and his professionalism.

What are you smoking.

But he did tell him the truth (apparently)

You talk about professionalism and in the same breath state its OK for Arsenal to call LFC liars. It goes both ways. It was one comment get over it.

The .1 bid may seem innocuous to you and if that is the case you're missing the point entirely.

Other teams will NOT care. FACT.

If you own the club and Suarez HAS a release clause, are you going to tell Ivan Gazidis over the phone about it? No. So of course he said there is no clause. That's not the same as Gazidis calling him a liar by making THAT bid.

Both men did what anybody in their shoes would do. Henry denied the clause, Gazidis bid anyway. Just in case.

LFC is a club proud of its traditions and values. Yes, it is a business as well as a football club. And yes, in business, it's not smart to publicly take the piss out of other teams. And yes other owners will note it.

Anyway we disagree, end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It was unprofessional, politically incorrect, disrespectful and immature. It was hilarious. I'm so glad it happened.

He is going to do buisness with the owner that gives him the most money, do you think he is going saying sorry Mr. Henry im going to take the 5 million less off spurs because i dont think you are very professional.

If you own the club and Suarez HAS a release clause, are you going to tell Ivan Gazidis over the phone about it? No. So of course he said there is no clause. That's not the same as Gazidis calling him a liar by making THAT bid.

Both men did what anybody in their shoes would do. Henry denied the clause, Gazidis bid anyway. Just in case.

LFC is a club proud of its traditions and values. Yes, it is a business as well as a football club. And yes, in business, it's not smart to publicly take the piss out of other teams. And yes other owners will note it.

Anyway we disagree, end of.

:D sure why not.

You're right, we won't agree as you see no issue what so ever with Arsenal totally disregarding that private conversation.

He is going to do buisness with the owner that gives him the most money, do you think he is going saying sorry Mr. Henry im going to take the 5 million less off spurs because i dont think you are very professional.

Levy will never do business with us now. Nobody upsets Arsenal on his watch. Nobody.

The mod will be unhappy with his OP prediction if i keep at this.

But you're still missing the point.

If, in my example, Randy Lerner is confident that both Spurs and Liverpool would match his asking price for a player, then he'd be quicker to do business with Spurs. Because he knows it'll remain confidential with Daniel Levy and if anything goes wrong on the transfer it won't end up in public ridicule.

It's nothing to do with taking less off one team to spite Henry. It's a preference to do business with another side due to the fact he's more confident it'll be professional.

If you want to deride that sentiment , that's fine. But stuff like that absolutely matters in business. Absolutely. Reputations are built and people are human, they prefer to deal with people they trust implicitly.

/end point.

:D sure why not.

You're right, we won't agree as you see no issue what so ever with Arsenal totally disregarding that private conversation.

But you would disregard it too. Anybody would.

Henry CANT, COULDNT, NEVER WOULD admit to that clause if it existed.

So anything he said about it wouldn't matter to Gazidis. Or to you if you were in Gazidis shoes.

anyway goodnight!

But you would disregard it too. Anybody would.

Henry CANT, COULDNT, NEVER WOULD admit to that clause if it existed.

So anything he said about it wouldn't matter to Gazidis. Or to you if you were in Gazidis shoes.

anyway goodnight!

When was the last time a club up'ed the bid by a cent?

Exactly. Good night.

• Advertisement

When was the last time a club up'ed the bid by a cent?

Exactly. Good night.

it was a pound.

Not even Arsenal are that cheeky. :)

it was a pound.

Not even Arsenal are that cheeky. :)
    :pac:

Go to bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm glad now that JH has finally backed the manager and I hope he continues now with a proper few quid in investment in the squad.

My only concern would be the conversation between BR and Suarez, did it go the along the way of..

Listen Luis if we don't qualify for CL, we will let you go next year to a CL team that puts in a offer.

i'm not an Arsenal fan.

I still have Stig-Inge-Bjornebes autograph in my room from the friendly with Dundalk in '94.

I just take a wider view of all this and that view is taking the piss on Twitter has wider repercussions longer term. It can affect how other clubs potentially deal with Liverpool.

I was at that game in 94, 2:1 to Liverpool on a Monday night the same team started the first game of the season on the Saturday and hammered Crystal palace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

So what is the right way?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'm glad now that JH has finally backed the manager and I hope he continues now with a proper few quid in investment in the squad.

My only concern would be the conversation between BR and Suarez, did it go the along the way of..

Listen Luis if we don't qualify for CL, we will let you go next year to a CL team that puts in a offer.

Thought about that myself.

We had little or no chance of qualifying for the CL last season, for that reason I would be surprised if that was the deal.

• Advertisement

Thought about that myself.

We had little or no chance of qualifying for the CL last season, for that reason I would be surprised if that was the deal.

Rodgers might of thought that but was never considering a move by a EPL team.

I just hope that there is no truth in what Suarez is claiming and it doesn't harm the reputation that BR is trying to build.

Rodgers might of thought that but was never considering a move by a EPL team.

I just hope that there is no truth in what Suarez is claiming and it doesn't harm the reputation that BR is trying to build.

Even if he did say it, we shall never know.

Even if he did say it, we shall never know.

I know that but I was just thinking it might hinder the chances of signing future players or harm the moral in the squad.

I know that but I was just thinking it might hinder the chances of signing future players or harm the moral in the squad.

It may do the opposite and galvanise the team

I don't see how to be honest, only Luis and BR will ever know the truth.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement