Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

So lads, does that mean that if we don't bring in a much better back up keeper, then criticism will be justified? :confused:

Cause hate to break it to he, but I don't think there's another goalie coming in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

tok9 wrote: »
    What would you expect him to say?

"We've one good keeper and one s*it keeper, we'll be grand"

He doesn't have to refer to it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dickerty wrote: »
    So in short - Barca told Reina's agent that they'd be in for him, as Valdes was leaving. Valdes then decided to see out his last year (maybe interest elsewhere not what he expected?), so Reina is in limbo. So we find a solution that saves him being an expensive cheerleader...

(awaits naysayers arrival telling is this is Rodgers' and Ayre's fault...)

Nail, head

The usual suspects will have a thumb, hammer head version of the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

criticism will be justified if we don't get a better no.2 than Jones.

but just to point out, him saying we've still got two good goalkeepers, does not mean he's not looking for another goalkeeper.

he wasn't going to throw Jones under a bus in front of the media now was he? it's amazing how some people don't get how this works yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Mr Alan wrote: »
    So lads, does that mean that if we don't bring in a much better back up keeper, then criticism will be justified? :confused:

Cause hate to break it to he, but I don't think there's another goalie coming in!

Would highly doubt he will being in another keeper. Same backup as last year. Jones did ok when called upon in general but he frightens the f&ck out of me when playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

mike65 wrote: »
    Nail, head

The usual suspects will have a thumb, hammer head version of the above.

Don't really have a problem with how they dealt with it. I think the club took a proactive approach and dealt with the situation quite well.

But now we have only one good keeper. Should Mignolet sustain a lengthy injury, we're up sh1t creek.

We need a better back up keeper, simple as. And to go into the new season with Brad Jones as number 2 would be a massive mistake.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

For how long?

What is the alternative?

Look, as a fan things are about as far from ideal as I remember in terms of our position and clout. But that is the reality.

The other reality is that there is about bugger all you can do as a fan to change that. Internet tirades with unrealistic expectations won't make any odds, and surely it must be tiring for you?

There are three models available basically:

1) Short term sacrifice for long term stability. Run the club as a business which must live within it's own means. Hope that by playing fair and within the bounds of rules (FFP) and normality, that your model will win out against...

2) The billionaire sugar daddy. The only way to compete with this model is to hope your club adopts it too. How sustainable is this model in football? And perhaps as importantly, how desirable is this model?

3) Run the club wrecklessly by basically borrowing to spend money you don't really have. Risk running the club literally out of existence.

As fans we have no real influence over this. It is not ideal. I repeat, it is not ideal. However I find it less energy sapping to live in hope rather than anger.

I hope that the current operating model works out (number 1 above), because that's all I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

On a lighter note .. :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/25/swedish-politician-liverpool-tattoo_n_3650544.html
    Swedish politician Lars Ohly hastily deleted an Instagram picture on Wednesday when he shared not just his new Liverpool tattoo, but his manhood.

Inexplicably, Ohly decided to take a picture of his new Liver bird ink on his leg without wearing any underwear, and showed off his penis as well.

The 56-year-old former party chairman of the Swedish Left Party tried to see the funny side, though.
    "Ha, ha, I accidentally posted a picture on Instagram that showed more than intended. Now corrected," Ohly said.

"Summer’s wonderful. The willy picture is today’s hot topic. Completely by accident, though. The future will see a more thorough uploading review process."

There were some cross-party jokes at Ohly's expense, as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

SlickRic wrote: »
    criticism will be justified if we don't get a better no.2 than Jones.

but just to point out, him saying we've still got two good goalkeepers, does not mean he's not looking for another goalkeeper.

he wasn't going to throw Jones under a bus in front of the media now was he? it's amazing how some people don't get how this works yet.

Oh we get it alright....
    • Spoon fed B.S then nothing tangible to back it up.
    • Jusifaction on what FSG are up to, backed up some silly stat and financial balance sheet.
    • weak league performance
    • outrage
    • rinse and repeat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Looks to be a DM...
    MrBoywunder ‏@MrBoywunder 49m

According to Sky Italia, #LFC have contacted Bologna to enquire about midfielder Saphir Taïder.

With Third Party Owners, this would be the likely Outcome.
    Sánto ‏@Zizouology 4m
    BREAKING: FC Porto will unveil their new signing Bernard 30 minutes before the friendly against CeltaVigo on Sunday. 100% done [@webidente]

djPSB wrote: »
    Don't really have a problem with how they dealt with it. I think the club took a proactive approach and dealt with the situation quite well.

But now we have only one good keeper. Should Mignolet sustain a lengthy injury, we're up sh1t creek.

We need a better back up keeper, simple as. And to go into the new season with Brad Jones as number 2 would be a massive mistake.

Ideally a medium-high quality keeper (someone on the up or conversely someone in the Freidel mould) would be good. The problem as ever is finding a talented enough stopped who will sit on the bench all season if required bar a few cup ties. Also the club won't pay a significant wage to such a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Is anyone else not too bothered about signing a second backup keeper? I cannot think of a least important place in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

FFP is a load of rubbish and anyone waiting around for it to strike down their enemies will be disappointed. City are spending again and - much more than that - they are blowing clubs like us to smithereens in terms of their youth academy. The stuff I heard recently about what they're doing at that level is science fiction in its scope and 'no expense spared' nature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    FFP is a load of rubbish and anyone waiting around for it to strike down their enemies will be disappointed. City are spending again and - much more than that - they are blowing clubs like us to smithereens in terms of their youth academy. The stuff I heard recently about what they're doing at that level is science fiction in its scope and 'no expense spared' nature.

Anywhere I can read about that?

tinfoil-hat.jpg

• Advertisement

On the media I simply don't like bull****. I was probably alone on here in really liking the straightforward disdain with which Kenny dealt with them. I've stopped reading football media or listening to pressers and interviews tbh - because it's all rubbish.

Actions are reliable indicators. You either sign or sell players or you don't. You either play players or you don't. And you either win matches or you don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

So in short - Barca told Reina's agent that they'd be in for him, as Valdes was leaving. Valdes then decided to see out his last year (maybe interest elsewhere not what he expected?), so Reina is in limbo. So we find a solution that saves him being an expensive cheerleader...
    That's about right.

Our backup goalie options are rubbish, but in the grand scheme of things, we have much bigger fish to fry.

On the media I simply don't like bull****. I was probably alone on here in really liking the straightforward disdain with which Kenny dealt with them. I've stopped reading football media or listening to pressers and interviews tbh - because it's all rubbish.

Actions are reliable indicators. You either sign or sell players or you don't. You either play players or you don't. And you either win matches or you don't.

You know what, you are exactly right so why are you sounding off here about stuff you read here and elsewhere?

Just wait for the signing and sales :)

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Anywhere I can read about that?

I couldn't find an article on it. My housemate works as a youth coach and was saying that their current working objective is to have the two best players in the world for each position across all age groups. :pac:

Mad Ted, except they are spending real money in terms of their coaching setup, facilities and scouting coverage. Bergstein is the real deal on this stuff apparently.
    tinfoil-hat.jpg

Money just doesn't seem to matter to them and they seem genuinely interested in developing a first rate youth setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

strong stance coming from the club this morning about Suarez not for sale.

end game or just another phase?

• Advertisement

How would you propose Liverpool compete with clubs who can back a "no expense spared" policy with seemingly infinite piles of cash?

I don't think people have really understood what Chelsea and Manchester City have done.

You know what, you are exactly right so why are you sounding off here about stuff you read here and elsewhere?

Just wait for the signing and sales :)

I can only go on what we've actually done and completed thus far. And it isn't good enough. Don't forget that waiting until the death to 'see what we do' the last two summers involved wonderful deadline day events like Meireles being shipped out to Chelsea or Dempsey not arriving in leaving the squad short. Fool me once, etc.

Leiva wrote: »
    Oh we get it alright....
    • Spoon fed B.S then nothing tangible to back it up.
    • Jusifaction on what FSG are up to, backed up some silly stat and financial balance sheet.
    • weak league performance
    • outrage
    • rinse and repeat

honestly, calm down.

1. we're not being spoon fed BS. he's not going to, even indirectly, criticise his current no.2 to the media. i honestly can't believe people expect certain things, or is it only because it's Rodgers? are we just looking for a reason to call him clueless?

2. so you expect him to lambast FSG publicly?

3. no weaker a league performance than the previous 2 years with many more overpaid players on our books.

4. there seems to be something new every couple of hours around here for people to get outraged about.

5. yes, it is repetitive alright :D

spockety wrote: »
    How would you propose Liverpool compete with clubs who can back a "no expense spared" policy with seemingly infinite piles of cash?

I don't think people have really understood what Chelsea and Manchester City have done.

people want Sugar Daddies, but are afraid to say it.

spockety wrote: »

Have the best manager you can have;
    Have the best players you can have;
    At least try;

We were beating Chelsea in the big matches when they had their mountains of money and Mourinho. It can be done. My gripe is we're not really trying!! :)

I couldn't find an article on it. My housemate works as a youth coach and was saying that their current working objective is to have the two best players in the world for each position across all age groups. :pac:

Mad Ted, except they are spending real money in terms of their coaching setup, facilities and scouting coverage. Bergstein is the real deal on this stuff apparently.

Money just doesn't seem to matter to them and they seem genuinely interested in developing a first rate youth setup.

We've all seen their fancy proposals for Sportcity training centre and if they were not attempting to out La Masia La Masia it would be a surprise, but Liverpool are doing great work at youth level. I dunno if you have any interest in what's going on at Melwood rather than City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

If Reina was going into next season as no 1 and Jones as no 2 would there be as much commotion as what has transpired.

The club could have waited till the Reina situation sorted itself out, but that may have resulted in trying to find a keeper after Reina was gone to Barca, hardly ideal and if thats the way it transpired lads would be frothing at the mouth with the managers ineptitude.

Ideally, to get in someone like Mark Schwartzer would be ideal,

Yep Ive been reading about that too. We cant compare ourselves to City though its sickening the riches and options they have. Few can compare.

SlickRic wrote: »
    2. so you expect him to lambast FSG publicly?
    5. yes, it is repetitive alright :D

Rafa would have! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

So are Chelsea, hoovering up the best young talent.

Problem is they'll never get games at those clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hidalgo wrote: »
    If Reina was going into next season as no 1 and Jones as no 2 would there be as much commotion as what has transpired.

The club could have waited till the Reina situation sorted itself out, but that may have resulted in trying to find a keeper after Reina was gone to Barca, hardly ideal and if thats the way it transpired lads would be frothing at the mouth with the managers ineptitude.

Ideally, to get in someone like Mark Schwartzer would be ideal,

Hands off our number 2. :mad: :pac:

Your dead right, but when you have a bottomless pit of money, its not going to matter

scrooge-mcduck.jpg

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hands off our number 2. :mad: :pac:

Its a pity that deal was done before the Liverpool goalkeeper merry-go-round happened.

We've all seen their fancy proposals for Sportcity training centre and if they were not attempting to out La Masia La Masia it would be a surprise, but Liverpool are doing great work at youth level. I dunno if you have any interest in what's going on at Melwood rather than City.

I do, but I've been hearing about the great benefits our Academy would reap for us for a long time now. It was a disaster pre 2004 despite the fact that we won the lotto on players like Gerrard, Owen et al. We're coming on a decade of reconstruction from it and what do we have to show thus far?

I like Kelly, and he's had rotten luck with injuries thus far. Sterling, Wisdom and Ibe are a huge test for me. If they aren't solid contributers in five years time (or haven't garnered good fees) then I think it will be hard to argue that it's producing the goods. Though it's a tough business producing players good enough for Premiership level of course.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/friendly-rivalry-liverpool-fc-raheem-5325185

Friendly rivalry from Sterling fuelling teenager Jordon Ibe form

The 17-year-old has been one of the standout performers during the Reds' current tour of the Far East and Australia

Liverpool teenager Jordon Ibe has revealed how a friendly rivalry with fellow flying winger Raheem Sterling is fuelling his impressive pre-season form.

The gifted 17-year-old has been one of the standout performers during the Reds' current tour of the Far East and Australia.

Ibe starred after coming off the bench in the second half of the game against an Indonesia XI in Jakarta last weekend as his lightning pace and intelligent pass helped create a goal for Sterling.

His reward was a start against Melbourne Victory at the MCG on Wednesday and he produced another accomplished display down the right flank.

Ibe's progress has been such that he could find himself competing with Sterling for a place in Brendan Rodgers' side this season.

However, this trip has only served to cement the youngsters' friendship and Ibe says Sterling's advice has been invaluable as he gets used to life in the spotlight.

“Raheem helps me a lot off the pitch,” Ibe said.

“He's a good friend. He tells me what I should do and we talk a lot.

“There's healthy competition there. If he works hard then it makes me want to work hard and if I work hard it makes Raheem work hard.

“We are both young and just starting out in the game. But obviously Raheem has achieved a lot more than me so far.

“He's established in the first team squad and that's where I'm trying to get to myself. If I keep playing well hopefully I can achieve that.”

Ibe has long since been touted as a potential Liverpool star of the future.

The London-born youngster started his career at Wycombe Wanderers and made his first team debut when he was just 15 in August 2011.

Two months later he became their youngest ever goalscorer in the Football League and the Reds' scouts were watching.

In December 2011 Liverpool snapped him up and since then his development at the Kirkby Academy has been swift.

He inspired last season's march to the semi-finals of the FA Youth Cup and on the final day of the Premier League campaign he got his reward.

Rodgers handed him a surprise start against Queens Park Rangers at Anfield and he grabbed his chance with both hands, setting up the winner for Philippe Coutinho.

Ibe has started pre-season where he left off in May. His sweet strike in the opening friendly victory over Preston was the perfect confidence-boost ahead of a tour which he is unlikely to forget in a hurry.

“It's been an amazing experience for me so far,” he said.

“To spend so much time around the senior players has been really great. I'm learning a lot from them.

“I enjoyed every second of our time in Indonesia and Australia and now I'm looking forward to Thailand.

“The training has been hard work with double sessions each day but it's been enjoyable.

“In Jakarta, the supporters were so fanatic. From the moment we arrived at the airport, it was just brilliant. They really helped us during the match.

“I had never been to Australia either but to walk out in front of 95,000 fans was a great feeling.

“I never played cricket when I was at school, I only played rounders so I didn't really know about the MCG's history.

“But we were told about it. What a stadium and the atmosphere was brilliant. Going on a tour like this just shows you how big this club is. There is so much history associated with it.”

With Sterling, Suso and Andre Wisdom having all enjoyed spells as first team regulars last season, Ibe knows he's playing for a manager not afraid to put his faith in youth.

“That's the great thing,” he said.

“You know that if you do well then you will get your rewards.

“The gaffer is trying to build a new team here and it's exciting. He has given opportunities to a lot of the young players and it's up to us to take them.

“I love this type of one and two touch passing football he's got us playing.

“I've just tried to give it my best shot both on the training ground and in the games so far. Hopefully I can keep progressing and take it into the new season.”

Rodgers has yet to decide whether Ibe will remain with the first-team squad over the coming months or head back to Kirkby to continue his education.

However, if the humble youngster maintains his current high standards there is no doubt he will become a permanent fixture at Melwood.

“I thought Jordon was outstanding against Melbourne Victory,” Rodgers said.

“He's only 17 and playing in front of 95,000 people, he looked like a star.

“He's an exciting talent and the type of player I love – he can beat people, go past them and he gets fans off their seats.

“He has everything in his game to be a really good player but he still has an awful lot of work to do.

“I wanted to look at Jordon over the course of pre-season as I liked what I saw from last season.

“Having brought him into our environment, I wanted to see how he evolves within that.

“The idea is to have him with us in pre-season and then we'll make a judgement on him then. So far he's been very good.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Have the best manager you can have;
    Have the best players you can have;
    At least try;

We were beating Chelsea in the big matches when they had their mountains of money and Mourinho. It can be done. My gripe is we're not really trying!! :)

So you're referring to the seasons where Chelsea won the league and finished ahead of Liverpool every time.

Should not be judging a team on just a couple of matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

That's about right.

Our backup goalie options are rubbish, but in the grand scheme of things, we have much bigger fish to fry.

Yep. I thought Jones did ok when he came in last season. Across the top 7, probably only United have two very good keepers. Chelsea are so unconcerned with that competition for Cech that they have loaned out a quality keeper for the 3rd season now...

Only risk is injury, which is less common in keepers, but would you pay 5M a year to Reina in wages for that insurance?

murpho999 wrote: »
    So you're referring to the seasons where Chelsea won the league and finished ahead of Liverpool every time.

Should not be judging a team on just a couple of matches.

No problem being judged on a couple of matches if it meant we were in the last game of the European Football season year after year tbh. That's a fierce dismissive attitude to the biggest competition in club football!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Its a pity that deal was done before the Liverpool goalkeeper merry-go-round happened.
    Yep. I thought Jones did ok when he came in last season. Across the top 7, probably only United have two very good keepers. Chelsea are so unconcerned with that competition for Cech that they have loaned out a quality keeper for the 3rd season now...

Only risk is injury, which is less common in keepers, but would you pay 5M a year to Reina in wages for that insurance?

I'm very happy with Schwarzer, hes an improvement on Turnbull and Hilario and Courtois will be back even better next year so its good that we got a guy with his experience and quality as a number 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho says he is not surprised Arsenal have made an offer for Liverpool forward Luis Suarez.

Arsenal have made a bid of £40m + £1 for the 26-year-old but Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says he wants the Uruguayan international to remain at Anfield.

And Mourinho, involved in a transfer saga of his own as he pursues Wayne Rooney of Manchester United, thinks Arsenal should go and get Suarez if they have the finances.

"I've no idea of the contractual situation of Luis Suarez," said Mourinho.

"But, I think if Arsenal has the economical potential to buy, and his manager decides Luis is the perfect buy for them, I think it's normal they make an offer.

"But I have no idea how it's going to end."

And Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud thinks their audacious bid for Suarez has sent a signal to the club's current playing staff.

"We need to show ambition and the offer for Suarez has done that," said Giroud.

"The club has to show the fans that we mean business. Me and my team-mates need it as well. It will be a really positive thing if we have a new striker."

Giroud is looking forward to the start of the new campaign and added: "The whole team is stronger now than it was a year ago. Last season's new players are all more established.

"And we've lost nobody this summer, which is the first time for Arsenal in maybe four years.

No problem being judged on a couple of matches if it meant we were in the last game of the European Football season year after year tbh. That's a fierce dismissive attitude to the biggest competition in club football!!

Can we all just agree that that was the Rafa factor, we loved Rafa, we never wanted him to leave, we would love to have him back.

But.

It ain't gonna happen. (Another one of those pesky realities).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

No you're being dismissive of what has happened to the club.

2008 was our last European semi final.

5 years have passed and we haven't been in the competition since, club has been through the mill and back and you just expect club to be winning things immediately.

It just doesn't happen like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

For all the talk of the cash that has been pumped into Chelsea's academy - what players have come through it?

For all the talk of Man City, our U21's played them off the park both times they met.

Rafa did a very good job at laying the foundations of our academy and Rodgers has continued that legacy. The development of our kids is one of the things we have finally started to get right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre has reiterated the club's determination to keep Luis Suarez.

The Uruguayan forward has hinted that he wants to leave Liverpool this summer, leading to speculation that he might be on his way to a club who could offer him Champions League football.

Arsenal are currently leading the chase for the 26-year-old and lodged a bid of £40m +£1 earlier this week.

But Ayre told a press conference in Thailand, where Liverpool are preparing for a pre-season friendly, that the stance on Suarez had not changed.

"The situation with Luis Suarez remains the same," said Ayre. "It's never been our intention to sell Luis.

"We have received two separate offers from Arsenal and have rejected both."

"The situation with Luis Suarez remains the same. It's never been our intention to sell Luis. We have received two separate offers from Arsenal and have rejected both."
    Ian Ayre

Liverpool will play the Thai national team on Sunday and Suarez will feature at some point, although he is still short of fitness, having been given time off following the Confederations Cup.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers said: "He's three weeks in schedule behind other players.

"But one thing about Luis is he loves to play the game, he loves training and working. I'm sure at some stage of the game, he will play a part."

Meanwhile, Rodgers has also warned Luis Suarez that leaving Anfield for Arsenal could be a major mistake.

"I know what we are trying to build and grow, so why would you swap Liverpool to go to Arsenal?" said the Reds boss. "I am not sure that it adds up, to be honest.

"Arsenal have a wonderful history in their own right but Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world.

"We are not in the Champions League and haven't been for a while now, but we have to step up to the challenge.

"It is difficult for Luis, I understand that. If a team wants you, it can be difficult.

"I am sure Luis will have seen the sheer size and status of the club here, so we'll just see how it goes. But it is not something we want to run on for too long."

The possibility remains that Suarez may try to force through a move but, asked if he thought that would be a mistake, Rodgers replied: "One hundred per cent.

"He has been given a team built around him. I made some big calls to make it work to suit his strengths.

"It is no coincidence that he had a great season, apart from the end bit, and we would love to have him to continue the next phase."
    IANO IANO IANO!!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Im a Liverpool fan but my god we have to be the worst set of fans.

Agendas,hating the manager,still wanting the other one back,blaming rodgers for everything,im wating for him to be blamed that its raining next.

Not giving anyone a chance with the Suarez thing

Its like a forum full of Dion Fannings in here

• Advertisement

City and Chelsea have money pits.

United had the modern era's greatest manager, combined with the impeccable timing of TV money becoming a big player, as well as the fact the Premier League went global.

Arsenal have another managing great, who has guided them through nearly a decade of stadium building, during which, they've had 8 trophyless years. they have reached the CL 16 times consecutively while making a profit on transfers.

we need our own money pit, or we need to be somewhat patient. those are our choices.

Spurs have been throwing money at it, but haven't really made the breakthrough yet.

this isn't a call for Rodgers not to be criticised. he should be when it's deserved, as should the owners.

but we are where we are. getting into the top 4 would be monumental. staggering, considering what we're up against. Rodgers has set that target, and he has to be held accountable to that come the end of the season, obviously.

but let's be under no illusions that any plan is sure-fire bar pumping in oil money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Suarez gone.

thegills wrote: »
    Suarez gone.

To Tesco? to the loo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

raven136 wrote: »
    Im a Liverpool fan but my god we have to be the worst set of fans.

Agendas,hating the manager,still wanting the other one back,blaming rodgers for everything,im wating for him to be blamed that its raining next.

Not giving anyone a chance with the Suarez thing

Its like a forum full of Dion Fannings in here

The problem is a lot of lads in here think we are at the top tier of clubs, but we aint. They can't see that we are a mid table club and as such are open to losing our best players to the top clubs domestically and abroad. When our position is accepted, and they realise that it's going to take a few years to get back to where we want to be by building from the bottom up, these chaps will be at ease with themselves and the forum.

21463_506847066052505_474271822_n.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement