Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Goodbye Arsenal, Hello Bayern/RM.
    Why wait until now? Seems unlikely.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

All of those tweets are from yesterday afternoon, and in today's twitter paced world of football stories they are already out of date, including the Bayern/Real one. Henry's statement last night supersedes almost all of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Did that not turn out to be nonsense?

Yea it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Twitter rumblings of Downing to Westham.

Specifically Karlton81
    Karl ‏@Karlton81 1h
    Downing has in fact signed for West Ham on a 4 year deal!! #LFC

Then he tweets a bit about it could be wrong, not a usual source. He's surprised because he was commenting on how Downing wanted to fight for his place and how much he love's the team/fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Twitter rumblings of Downing to Westham.

Specifically Karlton81

Then he tweets a bit about it could be wrong, not a usual source. He's surprised because he was commenting on how Downing wanted to fight for his place and how much he love's the team/fans.

One of th sky sports guys tweeted about it too.

Im kind of indifferent about it really dont mind of he goes or stays, either way atleast one winger is coming in id imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Wenger -
    Arsene Wenger insists he has not given up hope of signing Luis Suarez despite Liverpool owner John W Henry categorically ruling out the possibility of selling his star striker to Arsenal.

The Gunners have failed with a bid of £40million and one pound for Suarez – who has been forced to train on his own in recent days – with Liverpool adamant that it has not triggered a release clause in his contract.

Wenger faced questions about the issue when Arsenal landed in Helsinki this afternoon ahead of Saturday’s pre-season friendly against Manchester City.

Controversial: Luis Suarez's bid to leave Liverpool has dominated the summer

Asked if Henry’s statement will make him abandon his pursuit of Suarez, the Arsenal boss said: ‘No because we are in the middle of the transfer period and we are looking at possibilities to strengthen our squad.

‘I didn’t read his statements but that’s how it will work or not work. We’ll be faithful to the way we want to behave.

‘I’ve nothing to add to what I said already about the transfer of Suarez. If it will be done, it will be done in a respectful way with Liverpool.

Optimistic: Arsene Wenger is still hopeful about his chances of recruiting the Uruguayan frontman

‘To make a transfer happen you need the agreement of three parties – the buyer, the seller and the player. We know what we want to do.

‘Liverpool at the moment do not agree. Whether they change their mind or not we don’t know. We’ll respect that.

‘Suarez is one of the targets. If he’s not for sale, he’s not for sale we have to accept that.’
    Transfer tussle: Liverpool remain adamant the frontman will not be allowed to leave

Suarez has publicly called on Liverpool to let him leave so he can play Champions League football this season, bringing an angry response from manager Brendan Rodgers.

Asked if it was feasible for Liverpool to keep a player who is so clearly unhappy at Anfield, Wenger added: ‘That’s not for me to asses that. I don’t know the relations between the player and the club.

‘Every situation is different. I was in that situation with Robin van Persie last year but Van Persie had a one-year contract so the situation was a bit different. Every club has its own way to deal with things. We have our own way and we respect all the other clubs.’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The twitter machine is Down Down Deeper and Downing right now.

(Liverpool are going to owe West Ham a pre-season friendly for the next 10 years if they keep buying unwanted players from us)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

LFC's League Cup tie with Notts County will be live on TV. Game at Anfield on 27th August kicks off at 7.45pm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

I still expect him to be gone by September. If not, great, so long as he knuckles down and does his job.

If he does stay, I'm sure he'll be pushing even harder for a move next summer. In that case I just hope Barca, Real or whoever come in for him early and he doesn't ruin our summer for a 2nd year in a row.

If he stays he will kick up again in January
    He seems like a guy who wont stop sulking until he gets his way tbh
    I would rather sell him now, to a non prem team. certainly not Arsenal

I dont fully understand Henrys statement that we dont have time to find a replacement, they have known he was wanting to go since June. Surely they has planned for this possibility :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

I dont fully understand Henrys statement that we dont have time to find a replacement, they have known he was wanting to go since June. Surely they has planned for this possibility :confused:

I think you Guys, are Reading things too Literally.

It's called Brinkmanship. If you don't know that, then Google's your Friend.

It basically means, Suarez will continue on as a Liverpool Player, unless we receive an Extraordinary Offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

mike65 wrote: »
    The twitter machine is Down Down Deeper and Downing right now.

(Liverpool are going to owe West Ham a pre-season friendly for the next 10 years if they keep buying unwanted players from us)

I have bloody Status Quo playing in my head for the last 10 minutes now. Thanks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Sky Sports News seem to be the only ones going with Downing to WHU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

If however LFC are sitting pretty in the League table (top 4), this might not be the case at all. A feat that will be easier to achieve with Suarez at the club then away from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Sky Sports News seem to be the only ones going with Downing to WHU.

Probably as theyve no other rubbish to fill into their yellow strap, and it will keep people from noticing their endless recycled rubbish every 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Sorry different subject, but does it look like a poor turnout for Rio's testimonial, its not a sell out by any means

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Some quotes from Papa..

"A lot has been written. Where there is smoke, there is fire. A couple of teams have showed interest."

"I do not want to mention the clubs. I cannot move while I am injured I just returned to training and hope to be fit soon."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Getting rid of Downing doesn't make any sense. He's the only traditional style wide man in the squad. He can play on both flanks and is a good passer. I'd definitely hang onto him even if we don't play with traditional wingers. I don't think Sterling can be relied upon. Up in court again today for acting the maggot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Stewy to West Ham? We must have signed his identical brother. Here he is on the tarmac in Dublin Airport

BRPv8CGCAAA-BpD.jpg:large

If however LFC are sitting pretty in the League table (top 4), this might not be the case at all. A feat that will be easier to achieve with Suarez at the club then away from it.

It would be madness to sell him to Arsenal. It's between us, Arsenal and Spurs for 4th....and maybe 3rd spot will open up too if Moyes makes an absolute hames of it at United. So, why the hell sell Suarez to a close rival?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

flanzer wrote: »
    Stewy to West Ham? We must have signed his identical brother. Here he is on the tarmac in Dublin Airport

BRPv8CGCAAA-BpD.jpg:large

Rumours FLYING about he's in talks with an Airtricity League team, UCD to be precise as he's believed to be interested in one of the courses their college offers, physics I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Sorry different subject, but does it look like a poor turnout for Rio's testimonial, its not a sell out by any means

Are "Rio's Testimonial" a band from Liverpool?? :confused:

Haha caughtoffside is saying Chelsea are preparing a £20m plus Torres offer for Luis

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Some quotes from Papa..

"A lot has been written. Where there is smoke, there is fire. A couple of teams have showed interest."

"I do not want to mention the clubs. I cannot move while I am injured I just returned to training and hope to be fit soon."

Where there is smoke, there is Arsene Wenger and the lads making bids for one Luis Suarez.

The amount of rags that report on football is mind boggling. Sky sports is just as bad as all the newspapers! And don't get me started on Twitter!!

Are "Rio's Testimonial" a band from Liverpool?? :confused:

No, but talk of Rio's testimonial should be banned from Liverpool ;)

• Advertisement

Haha caughtoffside is saying Chelsea are preparing a £20m plus Torres offer for Luis

I'll have some of that. Make it 25 maybe.

I'd rather have Fowler back.

Can't see it happening at all.

Where do they get their stories?

caughtoffside and that whole bottom feeder level (eatsleepfootball, etc) should never be quoted.

Why only ask for some before requesting more? Be a little cheeky and adventurous by saying something like "I'll have ALL of that and €5m more". Comments like your own are reasons our negotiations have failed on players like Mkhitaryan. Allow me to 'etc...' My post cuz I know you know what I'm on about. I know your 'The Chessplayer' and naturally u like to play it safe, slow and tactical. But be bold once in a while, how else are we gonna get that 'checks' of a transfer? ;)

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    caughtoffside and that whole bottom feeder level (eatsleepfootball, etc) should never be quoted.

Very true. It's similar to a child requesting a bedtime story before he/she goes to sleep. The parent (journalist) will tell any old story just to get the child to go to sleep (fill papers, etc...) and the child will be seduced by what she/he is being told becoming fully satisfied, no matter what the nonsense of the content.

Daily Express saying we're monitoring Mascherano's situation at Barca...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Oh, I'd love a bit of Masch back. Wasn't happy in England...also he's at Barcelona.

The Express have had a terrible transfer window as well. Would not believe anything from them be it about weather forecasts or players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Grayditch wrote: »
    Oh, I'd love a bit of Masch back. Wasn't happy in England...also he's at Barcelona.

After the way he left he can go & rot there with his lousy impersonations of a centre back. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Suarez urged to accept stay: Rodgers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23641220

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

olive branch?

BMJD wrote: »
    olive branch?

One of these kind of branches

I love how insane Basil Fawlty gets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

What the..?
    @bbcsport_david
    Understand #afc did not make offer for Higuain. Agreed personal terms but put deal on hold to prioritise Suarez, Napoli pounced #bbcfootball

I know they were suppose to be Close to a Deal, with Jovetic as well.

Makes you wonder, if Arsenal is even serious about Signing someone with Big Money.

Seems they are Failing every one of them, or is it just Coincidence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/08/liverpool-transfers-brendan-rodgers-aly-cissokho-diego-costa/

So nobody lined up on the transfer front - not encouraging.

Unless B-Rod is being economical with the truth.

*clutches straws*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Slimity wrote: »
    http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/08/liverpool-transfers-brendan-rodgers-aly-cissokho-diego-costa/

So nobody lined up on the transfer front - not encouraging.

Unless B-Rod is being economical with the truth.

*clutches straws*

Nobody lined up? He specifically says he's hoping to sign another couple of players before the window closes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

He said Costa has signed an extension, theirs no truth in the Cissokho rumors so apart from those two who else have we been linked with? This window is getting depressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

spockety wrote: »
    Nobody lined up? He specifically says he's hoping to sign another couple of players before the window closes..

Yes lined up.

Presumably our no.1 attacking target was Mkhitaryan.

We then bid for Soldado, and also Costa.

We haven't managed to secure any of the 3 so we'll now be moving on to no.4/5 on the attacker list when the committee reassess with Rodgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Has Downing left the building?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

So our buying transfer policy is to make an offer, it gets rejected, and thats it?
    I am beginning to see the flaw in this plan

We could have got Barrios for €7M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

So our buying transfer policy is to make an offer, it gets rejected, and thats it?
    I am beginning to see the flaw in this plan

No that's Arsenal's plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

audman wrote: »
    No, but talk of Rio's testimonial should be banned from Liverpool ;)

yeah but the crowd was sh1te and Seville beat them 3 1 :P

Moyes 1st game at home

F&^* 4th, we are going for 3rd :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement