Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

23 days left in the window, with Downing on the verge or leaving, as well as Assaidi, we need two more attacking players before the winder shuts, and also a left back and a center back. After all the talk of wanting to get all our players in at the start of the window, we get four squad players (apart from the keeper) and added nothing to our starting 11!

Unless Spurs lose Bale and don't spend the money, Arsenal buy nobody, and United fall on their arse, their is no chance of reaching top four with the squad we have at the moment. So we need four new players in, with 5 if Skrtel leave. Suarez has been a bad distraction this past while, taking up too much time, when the club should be focusing on getting players in to give us a chance of knocking on the door for top four

Everyone knows this. We would all like to have done more significant business by now but there's there's three full weeks left in the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

What time is the game lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

5pm Kick off mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Liverpool transfers: Rodgers delivers update on Cissokho and Costa

rodgersnew.jpg

Brendan Rodgers has moved to play down speculation linking Liverpool with moves for Aly Cissokho and Diego Costa this summer.

French left-back Cissokho was quoted as saying that he had “agreed” personal terms with the Reds this week ahead of a potential move to Merseyside from Valencia.
    And Liverpool were reported to have tabled a £22m bid for Atlético Madrid striker Diego Costa last week as the uncertainty over Luis Suárez’s future continues.
    However, the Northern Irishman insisted that there was little to report in terms of potential new arrivals at Anfield when he addressed the media in Dublin on Friday evening.
    “There’s nothing on the Cissokho story,” Rodgers said.
    He added: “I believe Costa has signed an extension. There’s nothing in terms of players to add.
    “We’ve signed players early on and we hope to sign some more before the end of the window. In the meantime, there’s nothing at the minute.”
    Rodgers’ Liverpool take on Celtic at the Aviva Stadium on Saturday in their final pre-season friendly.

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/08/liverpool-transfers-brendan-rodgers-aly-cissokho-diego-costa/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

is the game on tv??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Doesn't sound particular promising.

What a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Paulegend wrote: »
    is the game on tv??

Yep, BT sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mr Alan wrote: »

What a surprise.
    rodgersnew.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Mr Alan wrote: »

What a surprise.

What, that Costa signed en extension, or Rodgers hopes to bring in someone before the end of the window?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hopefully it puts the bed any more links with Cissokho as I'm sick of the transfer speculation with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I'm not bothered about missing out on Costa to be honest. I'm not convinced he's worth the £21m mentioned. I will be disappointed if there is nobody else arriving though.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

#LFC (confirmed) team: Mignolet, Johnson, Toure, Wisdom, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Downing, Aspas, Coutinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just wanted to log on n say "fuk off suarez"
    life's much simplier when you're drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    #LFC (confirmed) team: Mignolet, Johnson, Toure, Wisdom, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Downing, Aspas, Coutinho

I doubt whether Downing's going to the Hammers now. If Liverpool wanted him off the wage bill this week, they'd be wrapping him in cotton wool

Masch has apparently said he doesn't know if he'll be with Barca for the upcoming season. Make of it what you will.

edit - source is Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Hmm Downing, I thought he was well down the pecking order at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Match thread here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Downing and Allen don't offer much in an attacking sense.

Reinforcements needed before the window closes.

Hopefully Coutinhio only gets a half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Hopefully Coutinhio only gets a half.

Why so? With the prem starting next week I'd have thought 70/80 minutes would be what they should be doing at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

tigger123 wrote: »
    IMO, they should sell him for 50 million, take the money and spend it elsewhere. Whole thing reminds me of Febregas and Arsenal.

Agree. But not to Arsenal. Anyone but Arsenal.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Downing in the shop window hopefully.

Where's Agger or am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

flanzer wrote: »
    I doubt whether Downing's going to the Hammers now. If Liverpool wanted him off the wage bill this week, they'd be wrapping him in cotton wool

Spearing played midweek and still went to Bolton, hope its the same with Stewd.

Anyone know how much Spearing fetched?

Why so? With the prem starting next week I'd have thought 70/80 minutes would be what they should be doing at this point.

It looks like he'll be our main player this season as mad as it sounds. Keep him wrapped up in cotton wool, he looks sharp enough from what I've seen him so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

If Suarez is forced to stay, it would be a shame to see him giving anything less than 100% on the pitch. Hope he doesn't do a Torres under Roy.

marno21 wrote: »
    Downing in the shop window hopefully.

Where's Agger or am I missing something?

Knock in the Gerrard Testimonial

messinkiapina - about 1.5m apparently.

It looks like he'll be our main player this season as mad as it sounds. Keep him wrapped up in cotton wool, he looks sharp enough from what I've seen him so far.

1st name on my teamsheet for fantasy football. Andy Carroll is my impact sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Anyone know how much Spearing fetched?

Seemingly, 1.75 of her majestyz millionz

from a blog
    Liverpool U18s continued their impressive pre-season form with a 2-1 win away at Leicester City on Saturday morning.

Irish defender Daniel Cleary powered home a header from a well worked set piece to give the young Reds the lead, and although Leicester equalised, Spanish starlet Sergi Canos fired the winner.

It was the perfect performance and result for the U18s to take into next Friday's season opener away at Arsenal.

Liverpool U18s team: Ryan Crump, Connor Randall, Sam Hart, Daniel Cleary, Tom Brewitt, Nathan Burke, Harry Wilson, Cameron Brannagan, Sergi Canos, Sheyi Ojo, Alex O'Hanlon.

Subs all used: Andy Firth, Louis Robles, Kristof Polgar, Will Marsh, Dharius Waldron, Jack Alexander, Adam Phillips

That Canos lad has certainly hit the ground running, wouldn't be surprised if he isn't in the U21 side by January

• Advertisement

That Spearing money has us pretty much break-even in terms of fees paid and received this summer so.

mike65 wrote: »
    from a blog

That Canos lad has certainly hit the ground running, wouldn't be surprised if he isn't in the U21 side by January

Sounds like he's been a goal machine at every level he's played so far.

Anyone know how Yesil is doing since he came back from injury?

That Spearing money has us pretty much break-even in terms of fees paid and received this summer so.

We are probably in positive spend when you factor in wages, almost certainly.

Wah hey

We are probably in positive spend when you factor in wages, almost certainly.

Wah hey

The accountants amongst us must be delighted!

BRURr89CEAEzkZf.jpg:large

That single tier stand always bothers me. I know it was a planning issue of something? but it looks like they ran out of money to finish that end properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

You scrub up well Nuri!

That single tier stand always bothers me. I know it was a planning issue of something? but it looks like they ran out of money to finish that end properly.

It does look a bit silly. Same with Croke Park...the little Nally Stand beside Hill 16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

stand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

gimli2112 wrote: »
    stand?

In the place where you live,now face North.

• Advertisement

Is there an option to recall Reina?! :p

Gonna be another long ole year.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

We're still get bullied by powerful strikers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

This is looking all too familiar.

Impressed with Allen's runs, he's been good in preseason.

Sell Downing?

Best pool player out there thus far

Belly Bony gonna get us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

She's pure sex on legs! Gorgeous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sell Downing?

Best pool player out there thus far