Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Who is she?

Linda Pizzuti (Mrs John W Henry)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The more time has passed throughout pre-season, the more I believe we should move Coutinho centrally and get in a left wind forward. That's nothing against him playing LWF by any means, the more time on the ball and he might get his dream loan move to Napoli next season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

mike65 wrote: »

Aha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Ha, Gerrard giving Lennon a friendly push in the back on the way out of the tunnel. Hopefully Sturridge adds come cutting edge to the attack in the second half.

Edit - Wisdom has been very poor.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    The more time has passed throughout pre-season, the more I believe we should move Coutinho centrally and get in a left wind forward. That's nothing against him playing LWF by any means, the more time on the ball and he might get his dream loan move to Napoli next season.

Already salivating at the wages saved.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Already salivating at the wages saved.

13.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

mike65 wrote: »

I wish i had money :(

So linda what first attracted you to the Billionaire John W Henry?
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

Time for the Liverpool thread to melt down and hit the 10,000 posts tonight :D..

New Superthread by Monday morning meltdown :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

1st pre-season game I've watched. Not exactly filled with confidence after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Second string Celtic side was it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

What was it like lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Time for the Liverpool thread to melt down and hit the 10,000 posts tonight :D..

New Superthread by Monday morning meltdown :P

why its only a pre-season ? i be more considered about winning next week than this friendly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

ricero wrote: »
    why its only a pre-season ? i be more considered about winning next week than this friendly

doesnt matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

RODGERZ OUT!!!!!

;)

Fairly poor stuff. Downing and Henderson still haunting us.

Gerrard was poor as well.

Kolo, Ibe and Lucas look decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Downing must go, today as in every game that Liverpool struggle in he just shrinks. Offers nothing. Ibe did more in half the time and he's only just old enough to vote drive. For the third game in succession Gerrard has hardly been arsed, not sure what's going on there. Henderson is not a left winger, Sturridge looked pretty sharp considering it was his first football since May. Coutinho will continue to struggle out wide and against teams like Stoke. Wisdom had a hard time against the big Portuguese chap.

Jordon Ibe will be a superstar. He'll be gone in a couple of years, for an astronomical fee. Cristiano/Bale sort of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Yeah, pretty disappointing performance, still if we had won 10-0 if would not matter a jot come next Saturday.

Henderson was completely ineffective when he came on. I know he was played out of position too, but he's just a very average player in my opinion. I actually think he was a worse signing than Downing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its a pre-season game who cares. Another half of football for the squad under there belts. Pointless if you win or loose, next saturday is all that matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

ricero wrote: »

The things that send the Liverpool Superthreads into meltdown! I'm pretty sure this can be counted to the anti Rodgers and FSG gang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

Lets hope the loss focus' minds for Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well that was meh, lot of avergage performances. Thought toures goal was onside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Squad needs a couple of signings who come straight in and start. Really dont see even a sniff of 4th with what's there right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sometimes we can't score. For ages. Then the match is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I feel bad for the fans who went to the aviva cos that was pretty dire. But it might be no harm to loose a game before it gets serious next week over confidence defiantly won't be an issue.

We are still a bit light in attack, A cb is also badly needed wisdom seems out of his depth. Also DM and lb cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Missed the first half.

Thoughts on the pre-season :
    Ibe looks really good.
    Coutinho should be given a raise and a ridiculously BIG buyout clause
    Toure still has a bit to give
    We need a couple of first team signings ( not sure if that will happen)
    Downing is not good enough

Roll on next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Well that was a stark reality check for anyone who thought Wisdom was ready to deputise at CB this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Milkers wrote: »
    Well that was a stark reality check for anyone who thought Wisdom was ready to deputise at CB this season.

Agger had games like that against powerful strikers last season.

He had a good preseason besides today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Milkers wrote: »

You're going to judge him on one mistake in pre-season meaningless friendly.

He's young and still learning.

I think we'll have to settle for 2nd place in the league.

Nah seriously though, so long as we pick up 3 points next weekend, then who cares about today. Pre-season games are always about fitness and for the most part we've played well too. Signings are needed now. Twenty and a bit days left now, FSG and Rodgers better get their act together ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Sell Downing?

Best pool player out there thus far

Are you out of your mind?

He's a compete waste of space, offers little to nothing in most games. Today was no exception. I'll be majorly pissed off if he's still in a red shirt come September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

More than a little worried that the first choice midfield looks like being Lucas, Gerrard and Allen.

Allen looks lost performing the more advanced role with responsibility to hunt down the ball. He's just not comfortable ahead of the ball, it's not his natural game.
    Henderson is more suited to this, if that's what Rodgers is trying to achieve.

I'm also not convinced about the ability of Lucas and Gerrard to close down space in front of our back 4 and at times both look really immobile.

Out of the top 6 teams in the league, I'd imagine our midfield trio is comfortably the least effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

On the evidence of that game, I think we're going to struggle again this season against well organised, physical teams. 3 points against Stoke is far from guaranteed. We need a couple of major signings badly IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

we have 2 possible superstars in our ranks now (not including suarez) .. ibe could be a huge hit, coutinho already looks streets above any other player of his age i can think of in his position ..

hopefully they stick around for years.. also , sturridge could bang in 30 goals this season as easily as he could bang in 10-15,he looks capable of both at the same time ..kinda brilliant and kinda meh at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Only a pre-season but that looked an awful lot like most the draws/defeats last season and followed the same pattern of passing around in front of the defence with zero penetration. There's never anyone in the box ready to attack the ball and give the wingers options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

John W Henry is going to have to dig into his pocket and add some quality starters to that team. All we've done so far this Summer is cut back on wages (again). Certainly help needed at centre-half and another attacking option. One that would allow Coutinho play more centrally would help. Need someone to put pressure on Enrique as well. When he's bad he's awful.

So much depends on Suarez sadly and given his current mindset that is not good.

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that the same short-comings we had last year were evident again today. It might spark Henry into action.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liverpool had a lot of possession and missed a lot of chances, but I'm still glad to have skipped the match anyhow. I'll have to make do with the Stoke game next Saturday. Hopefully the shooting boots will have been located by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Couldn`t give a toss about the result but the performance was so poor. I thought Toure played well but other than that we look a bit short creatively and rely almost entirely on our striker to get the goals. Our midfield is so pedestrian aside from Coutinho, no pace or spark in it & out wide all we have are the 2 teenagers forget the rest of them(Coutinho has to be played roaming through the middle). We need a few quality signings if we`re even going to have a feign attempt at getting 4th. Which looks hugely unlikely based on the last few years. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Its funny when BR says we are looking for the right players to sign, as if our squad and team are so good we are struggling to find decent talent.......

An injury to Agger/Sturridge/Coutinho and we will struggle this season.....all the while we apparently have funds to strengthen......

You might say there is plenty of time left, but to leave it this long is negligent to say the least.............and with recent comments from the manager and owner, i dont think we will bring in anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

NukaCola wrote: »
    Its funny when BR says we are looking for the right players to sign, as if our squad and team are so good we are struggling to find decent talent.......

An injury to Agger/Sturridge/Coutinho and we will struggle this season.....all the while we apparently have funds to strengthen......

You might say there is plenty of time left, but to leave it this long is negligent to say the least.............and with recent comments from the manager and owner, i dont think we will bring in anyone else.

The comments from Rodgers that we need 2-4 players?
    Or the comments from Henry that we don't want to sell players, we want to buy players

Its crap that we have business to do so late in the window, but its very much the norm in football. There is still time

Not much improvement on last season judging by that game. I know it was only a friendly but still, it was a fairly competitive.

Allen as the advanced player in the midfield 3 has to stop now, he's not up to it. A proper AM is needed.

Couthinio in the middle is thje only way to go, out wide he's completely wasted.

A new CB is needed too.

2-3 first teamers need to be signed and the season kicks off in less than a week. Good work :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We'll be grand as long as no team bullies us, shuts us out or has a goalie who's had an extra Wheetabix...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The comments from Rodgers that we need 2-4 players?
    Or the comments from Henry that we don't want to sell players, we want to buy players

Its crap that we have business to do so late in the window, but its very much the norm in football. There is still time

BRs comments weren't very positive lets be honest. Henry said it was to late in the window to replace Suarez, we've known he wanted to leave months ago....sure you cant replace him with one player, you need at least two. Yet we have failed to improve our starting 11, and people are still holding on to the hope of signing quality players. We are playing catch up.....we should have strengthened by now.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Grayditch wrote: »
    We'll be grand as long as no team bullies us, shuts us out or has a goalie who's had an extra Wheetabix...
    Just as well we aren't playing Stoke next week then, who on their last 2 Anfield appearances have sat back and played for a draw with one of the best goalies in the league from last season?

Oh.

Maybe Hughes will instruct them to attack in a slow manner and not to be too physical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Did we win??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Can't believe we are a week from the new season and we are talking about needing 2-3 first team players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

One of Kess's shouts has signed for Cardiff i see, Gary Medel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

daithijjj wrote: »
    One of Kess's shouts has signed for Cardiff i see, Gary Medel.

Fupp me that's depressing. At this stage id take snoogy dog.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement