Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Borussia Monchengladbach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

You'd really have to wonder what FSG's plan is if they pass on a player like him for the rumoured 15m or so.

Have no doubt that the guy would join either if the club got their act together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

Kess73 wrote: »
    If Arsenal continue to stand still this summer and we bring in one or two first team level players, then I would be confident of going after Arsenal.

Spurs I would not be as confident of catching, but would still give us a fighting chance of being able to capitalise on any slip ups if we brought in two first team ready players.

I agree Arsenal may be the club that we could take fifth from, depending on what they do between now and the end of the window.

I still can't get my head around the fact Liverpool don't make a move for Eriksen and Sakho/Alderweirald. All three are not overpriced, would add quality, willing to come I believe. Why not just do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Knex. wrote: »
    You'd really have to wonder what FSG's plan is if they pass on a player like him for the rumoured 15m or so.

Have no doubt that the guy would join either if the club got their act together.

He looks like exactly the kind of player FSG would love

Looks like the scouts don't like him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

5live wrote: »
    BM?

Its either Billy Madison or Bayern Munich I always mix those two up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Something like that alight. I know he scored a couple of free kicks in one game during pre-season too. If he can add goals from open play to his game and just improve general consistency, hell of a player he'll become.

Considering rodgers and lfc seem to want to go for young talented players with lots of potential its amazing how we havent gone for him, lots of smoke with no fire. Babels comments on twitter the other week seems like hed join us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Talk of BM coming in for suarez , could be the ideal solution.

bm? Who are you talking about?
    It's not difficult to write a name.

bm? Who are you talking about!

Shouldn't you be tidying up your old house?

Only thing I can think of is that there is limited money and they don't want two players at the club, in Coutinho and Eriksen, who want to play in the CAM role and will more than likely be vying for wing positions.

Would mean the club is looking out for a more natural winger, but its been very quite on that front, in all honesty.

Even the likes of Griezmann I would love to see the club actually trying to get, if that is their thought process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Erikson would flop.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I don't think it's a case of not liking/rating the player, they just want someone who is already contributing stats wise in terms of goals. Rodgers has made it quite clear the team needs more goals a fair few times this summer.

Costa is potentially a 15 goal a season player for me.

Mkh and Siggurdsson (referencing last summer) would have scored their fair share too, the former would have added quite a few assists on top of that..
    klose wrote: »
    Considering rodgers and lfc seem to want to go for young talented players with lots of potential its amazing how we havent gone for him, lots of smoke with no fire. Babels comments on twitter the other week seems like hed join us.

Agger and Molby have also spoken to him about joining Liverpool as well.

I have little doubt the player would want to join us if we came calling.

Well losing Bale is at this point nothing more than talk as it has not happened yet.

Really don't get how you can think they have not improved since the season ended though.

Regardless of whether stays or goes, they are stronger in the striker department than they were when the season ended, and they are stronger in midfield as well.

Bale going is only an if at this point as is their chances of Alderweirld and Eriksen, but the fact that they have brought in quality for the attack and midfield is a sign of a stronger squad for me.

If we had brought in Soldado, and any one of the other three players they have gotten, then I would have regarded us as having strengthened our first team.

I take your point about players needing to settle, but I would sooner be gambling on four players of somewhat proven quality settling than gambling on less proven players both settling and also showing they can perform at a higher level than they have in the past.

Mignolet, Toure, Aspas, and Alberto. With the big if surrounding Suarez.

Soldado, Paulinho, Chadli, and Capoue. With their big if surrounding Bale.

Am struggling to see how our squad is a match for their squad if their squad was stronger last season and their reinforcements look better than our's.

Mignolet is the only player we bought this summer that could go into the Spur's first team and not cause a drop in the team's quality.

Any of Spur's four signings could go into our first team, and not cause a drop in team quality.

Aspas is the only other one of our signings that might match the quality levels of one of theirs, but that will require, imho, Aspas to excel this season and for Chadli not to do likewise.

I see what your saying but last year they signed dembele, sigurson and Dempsey three players who had great seasons the year before spurs didn't do much better. Your maybe right and spurs have improved I just wouldn't count my game changers before they change games.

Knex. wrote: »
    Only thing I can think of is that there is limited money and they don't want two players at the club, in Coutinho and Eriksen, who want to play in the CAM role and will more than likely be vying for wing positions.

Would mean the club is looking out for a more natural winger, but its been very quite on that front, in all honesty.

Even the likes of Griezmann I would love to see the club actually trying to get, if that is their thought process.

It wouldn't surprise me if we signed him in January, assuming Sociedad get into the CL group stage and progress no further. Would love him here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So do we realistically have anyone lined up that would slot into the first team?

All our 'potential' signings are all but tapped up now

Liverpool will play Newcastle behind closed doors this week apparently.

Its either Billy Madison or Bayern Munich I always mix those two up.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Andy Carroll testemonial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Pedalstool wrote: »

The Club would probably be closing the doors on one Stewart Downing, after the Game. :pac:

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Andy Carroll testemonial.

Is that taking place at Royal Ascot, Cheltenham or Leopordstown ?

Pedalstool wrote: »
    Have downing gift wrapped in the away dressing room

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Erikson would flop.

fortune-teller-computer.jpg

Can I have next weeks lottery numbers please? :P

The Club would probably be closing the doors on one Stewart Downing, after the Game. :pac:

If we could close them on Sissoko and Ben Arfa, for a start, it would be much preferred!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

If you are going to quote it, at least read the first few lines. If it was anyone other than a footballer, no one would give a ****.

De Telegraaf saying we'll be signing Richairo Živković, some 16 year old striker from Groningen who plays for their first team. Our year.

edit - Boywunder has said he just scored for them.

If you are going to quote it, at least read the first few lines. If it was anyone other than a footballer, no one would give a ****.

I've read it. I found it amusing. Calm down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Haha drink stains is now vandalism, jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Spurs are not that strong? They were stronger than us before they made four very good summer signings.

Arsenal are still a good team, but unlike Spurs have stood still so far this summer.

Agreed. I would be far more hopeful of us overtaking Arsenal this season than Spurs (even if Spurs lose Bale).

Currently watching Groningen and they are 2-0 up against Utrecht.

I think Adorjan made the wrong call on this one.

He should have joined a Dutch Club, that can guarantee him Starts. Or at least one, where the Competition for his Favorite Position is not as Strong.

Right now, it's looking like he traded playing week-in week-out for our Youth Teams, with the Bench of Groningen. Which is Bad for a still-developing Young Player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Seems like FSG are gearing us up for CL qualification in 2018 instead of 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

If we go into this season with a squad expecting a 6th or 7th place finish then this window has been a failure.

For this it would be confirmation that;

1) FSG are happy with us dwindling around in that position until they sell the club
    2) Our manager is content with going along with their vision just to keep himself in a job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Seems like FSG are gearing us up for CL qualification in 2018 instead of 2014.

By buying players from Gronigen and Derby? :pac: :pac: :pac:

Mr Alan wrote: »
    If we go into this season with a squad expecting a 6th or 7th place finish then this window has been a failure.

1) FSG are happy with us dwindling around in that position until they sell the club
    2) Our manager is content with going along with their vision just to keep himself in a job

JumpToConclusionsMat.png

If (1) is true, then you take the 40m from Arsenal for Suarez every day of the week

Another one, who conveniently left out some Important Facts. Must be an Uruguayan Trait.
    Cavani slams Liverpool for breaking Champions League promise to Luis Suarez

“The Liverpool coach can talk about loyalty and disrespect, but maybe he needs to look up what it means," says Suarez's Uruguay team-mate

Edinson Cavani has accused *Liverpool of breaking a promise to Luis Suarez that they would allow the Uruguayan striker to join a club in the Champions League.

Suarez has insisted he was given assurances by Brendan Rodgers that he could leave Anfield to play in *Europe’s top club competition – after being shocked by the news that a £40,000,001 bid from Arsenal had not triggered a buy-out clause.

And Cavani, the international strike-partner of Suarez, who moved from Napoli to Paris Saint-Germain for £55m, says his friend has been TOO loyal to Liverpool.

Canavi said: “The Liverpool coach can talk about loyalty and disrespect, but maybe he needs to look up what it means.

“Luis had the chance last year to join a big club like Juventus, who went on to win the league in Italy.

“But, instead, he chose to stay and fight with Liverpool. Now, that’s what you call loyalty.

“I’ve known about his agreement with Liverpool and understood that he would be leaving, if they were not playing in the Champions League.”

John Henry's Interview Summary.
    ist05 Thomas Leikåsen 10 Aug
    @MrBoywunder here are some quotes from his interview with Norwegian Broadcasting (NRK)
    BRTtypmCYAATuWs.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He want's both cups and 4th?

Eh, ok. You might need a few more experienced players for that.

If (1) is true, then you take the 40m from Arsenal for Suarez every day of the week

Not if he can be sold in Jan/next summer for the same if not more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

John Henry's Interview Summary.

That has to be BS......

4th place & 2 cups?!

Haha best of luck Brendan! :P

His value is unlikely to increase at Liverpool, if his disgraceful recent attitude is anything to go by

• Advertisement

It seem you are sceptical of there motives no matter what they do, why did the give Kenny so much money if they are not trying to compete?

4th place & 2 cups?!

Haha best of luck Brendan! :P

It's good for you though. He'll get sacked with the way the squad is right now.

It seem you are sceptical of there motives no matter what they do, why did the give Kenny so much money if they are not trying to compete?

It seems they thought a quick injection of funds would be enough to get back to CL. That didnt happen so now they don't want to put down the required funds.

Why else would we seemingly be willing to spend no significant money this window?

It seems they thought a quick injection of funds would be enough to get back to CL. That didnt happen so now they don't want to put down the required funds.

Why else would we seemingly be willing to spend no significant money this window?

They have made 2 bids in excess of 20 mil this summer. IMO they realised spending money doesn't ensure success its about developing the players we have and signing the right players when we can as we did in Jan.

They have made 2 bids in excess of 20 mil this summer. IMO they realised spending money doesn't ensure success its about developing the players we have and signing the right players when we can as we did in Jan.

So you reckon it's shaping up to be a decent window or will another 7th place finish be the best we can hope for this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Erikson would flop.

I honestly think he would take his game to the next level if he moved to Liverpool / The Premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We wont be anywhere near top 4 with the current squad........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Loads of paper chatter saying Spurs looking to hijack our bids for Eriksen and Alderweireld. Didn't think we were actually in for them. Bollox to that if Spurs get them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

We aren't in for Eriksen, this has been said numerous times. Alderweireld could be a different story all together!

gafferino wrote: »
    Loads of paper chatter saying Spurs looking to hijack our bids for Eriksen and Alderweireld. Didn't think we were actually in for them. Bollox to that if Spurs get them both.

If Spurs get them it's our own fault. We approaching the end of the window, if we wanted them we should have brought them in weeks ago.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement