Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Mr Alan wrote: »
    It seems they thought a quick injection of funds would be enough to get back to CL. That didnt happen so now they don't want to put down the required funds.

Why else would we seemingly be willing to spend no significant money this window?

It might have been enough to propel them back into CL

IF that money was invested better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

So you reckon it's shaping up to be a decent window or will another 7th place finish be the best we can hope for this season?

I reckon we need a couple of first team signings and if Suarez manages to force his way out he will need to be replaced. There is still time for new arrivals.

What I would not be happy with is overspending on rubbish just to appease fans who want instant gratification

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Jordon Ibe vs Celtic.

HAMSIK BACKING NAPOLI BID FOR LIVERPOOL DEFENDER SKRTEL

bg_skrtel_24.jpg

Marek Hamsik is backing Napoli's bid for Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel.

The pair play together for Slovakia.

"Skrtel to Napoli? I don't know, the market is not up to me," said Hamsik.

"Sure, he is a great player and he would be good for Napoli."

Turan for 20M.
    Worldwide Transfers ‏@WwTransfers 1h
    Atletico Madrid statement: "Monaco's £15m bid for Arda Turan will be rejected. If £20m is paid, he can leave." #CAM #ASM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Jordon Ibe vs Celtic.

Turan for 20M.

Would make me extremely happy to have Arda at the club. I won't hold my breath though.

billy2012 wrote: »
    I honestly think he would take his game to the next level if he moved to Liverpool / The Premiership.

Would like to see
    Courtino eriksen
    Allen

The other team would be chasing the ball all day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Hidalgo wrote: »
    It might have been enough to propel them back into CL

IF that money was invested better.

True. Unfortunately, the manager in place & the DOF insisted upon by FSG, didn't invest it better.

So it's ok to just give up now?! :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

True. Unfortunately, the manager in place & the DOF insisted upon by FSG, didn't invest it better.

So it's ok to just give up now?! :rolleyes:

They are not giving up they are being more careful which is proper order if your not happy with this go support man c or chelski!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 12m
    Sky Sources: Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has no plans to apologise to the club and his team-mates. More now on #SSN

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Talk on twitter that Downing is having a medical at West Ham tomorrow. Whatever you think of him we must be certain of bringing in reinforcements before the window closes if we're letting him go.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

opr wrote: »
    Sky Sources: Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has no plans to apologise to the club and his team-mates. More now on #SSN

Opr

If he is telling the truth about the fact he was told he could move with no CL (which I'd imagine there is some truth too) then why would he apologise?

If I was him I wouldn't!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Talk on twitter that Downing is having a medical at West Ham tomorrow. Whatever you think of him we must be certain of bringing in reinforcements before the window closes if we're letting him go.

Opr

We said the same thing about Carroll 12 months ago.

I hope we are though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Opr

Worked when we loaned out Carroll.....oh wait...:p

Opr

I wouldn't count on it, Id imagine a combo Sterling / Ibe would be more affective throughout the season and wouldn't cost 90k a week.

POTENTIAL FTW!!! :p:p

• Advertisement

If he is telling the truth about the fact he was told he could move with no CL (which I'd imagine there is some truth too) then why would he apologise?

Why would you imagine he's telling the truth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Opr

We bloody well better be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Why not?

Because he has been known to make 'unreliable' and 'inconsistent' statements in the past...

RainMaker wrote: »
    Because he has been known to make 'unreliable' and 'inconsistent' statements in the past...

Same can be said for both sides in the argument.

• Advertisement

He has to apologise if he wants to play for LFC again, as was stated by BR.....to back down now would be humiliating for BR......no idea why he would state it so openly, all Suarez would have to do is say he wont apologise which will push a move further IMO, which now looks likely to happen

We bloody well better be.

Or what.......you'll write a strongly worded letter? Rant on a message board? :p

Firstly, I said I imagine there might be some truth to it.

Obviously I don't have a clue what exactly was said between Rodgers / Ayre to Suarez / His agent or whoever else might be involved.

But, I can imagine them telling Suarez anything to keep happy last season when Juve were bidding for him.

Something along the lines of ' You can leave if we don't make the CL' doesn't exactly sound too far fetched.

Maybe Suarez is making the whole thing up, who knows?

Rodgers had blatantly lied to the fans before and Suarez doesn't exactly have a great track record.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Or what.......you'll write a strongly worded letter? Rant on a message board? :p

Both maybe. If I'm feeling particularly outraged. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Opr

WEST-HAM-Andy-Carroll-signed-from-Liverpool-for-a-reported-%C2%A315m-2011576.jpg

He`ll change his mind come September 3rd.

I think SSN are just trolling the f*ck out of the Arsenal thead tbh....a lot of them still believe it's going to happen.

There's a summer tour documentary on LFC TV tonight at 9.

Sky channel 429.

Firstly, I said I imagine there might be some truth to it.

Obviously I don't have a clue what exactly was said between Rodgers / Ayre to Suarez / His agent or whoever else might be involved.

But, I can imagine them telling Suarez anything to keep happy last season when Juve were bidding for him.

Something along the lines of ' You can leave if we don't make the CL' doesn't exactly sound too far fetched.

Maybe Suarez is making the whole thing up, who knows?

Rodgers had blatantly lied to the fans before and Suarez doesn't exactly have a great track record.

When has Brendan lied? Who knows what the truth is but for Suarez not to get that in writing is ridiculous. Going on previous actions BR has to be the more trustworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

If West Ham take Downing off our hands we need to let them know about this other lemon great talent we have at CB, Uruguayan chap...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

I think SSN are just trolling the f*ck out of the Arsenal thead tbh....a lot of them still believe it's going to happen.

Wherever he goes, Suarez is off.

He has considered the big talk from Henry and Rodgers, and dismssed it.

He isnt going to apologise, and is going to force his way out.

Liverpool have handled this appallingly, and have prioritised making an non-existent point about player power over getting the cash in and in turn strengthening the team.

Its your right not to sell to Arsenal if you choose not to, and I respect that (just like Arsenal have a right to make a bid on a player), but just because you exercise this right doesn't mean you are making the correct decision.

I don't know what Arsenal are going to do, but nether do Liverpool know what to do with a sulking Suarez and little or no free cash in the bank (thank you King Kenny).

Enjoy the Suarez debacle Brendan has created.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

BR playing the long game here. Suarez won't be playing till October and as long as Liverpool can hold their nerve until the end of the transfer window that gives him a month to work on Suarez and his agents and cobble together an orchestrated pr apology allowing your best player back into the 1st 11.

It's a gamble but it might just work.

I will be very surprised if he goes to Arsenal after Henry's statement.

If he goes I will extremely unimpressed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Re: Suarez having to apologise if he wants to play for Liverpool again....we're aware he doesn't want to play for Liverpool again, right?

Re: Suarez having to apologise if he wants to play for Liverpool again....we're aware he doesn't want to play for Liverpool again, right?

Doesn't look like anyone else wants him tho.

Except Arsenal and he aint going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

You reckon he'll be happy to play golf (ala tevez) for the duration of the season then ?

meriwether wrote: »

Liverpool have handled this appallingly, and have prioritised making an non-existent point about player power over getting the cash in and in turn strengthening the team.

Its your right not to sell to Arsenal if you choose not to, and I respect that (just like Arsenal have a right to make a bid on a player), but just because you exercise this right doesn't mean you are making the correct decision.

I don't know what Arsenal are going to do, but nether do Liverpool know what to do with a sulking Suarez and little or no free cash in the bank (thank you King Kenny).

I think they played perfectly, I can only see 2 options now either he goes abroad for 40-50 mil or he stays, either way its win win, if he is still here on step 3rd he will say sorry and be back playing after his ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Valencia 's Radio 9 have announced the transfer of Aly Cissokho to Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Why not?

Last January getting CL footy for the coming season was not a big deal for him.

In June he felt his family were at risk if he stayed in England.

Then he claimed it was cl footy he wanted.

Then he claimed that London was in fact an attractive destination despite the earlier claim about living in England putting his family at risk.

Next came a claim about it being stated in his contract that he could leave if a £40m bid came in.

Then it changed to if a £40m from a CL team came in.

Then it changed to a verbal comment was made saying he could leave if one of Barca, Real, Bayern, or a big London club came in.

Then it briefly became that his old contract had a clause in it, but his new one did not.

The man just seems to say whatever he wants to be believed as the truth, and his comments last week about how he sees himself as currently defending the name and colour of Liverpool with his actions since June were some of the funniest snippets I heard all year.

Fantastic player, but is just trotting out pretty much the same set of rubbish he did when he was looking to force a move to Ajax. Back then he made claims aboutwhatwas in his contract and then changed it to claims about verbal agreements.

Based on his own media comments and those said by his agent on his behalf, there is very little reason to give the man any benefit of the doubt anymore with regards to anything he says.

Not a chance of me booing him at the ground if he plays in Liverpool colours again, but very little chance of me believing he is an injured party if there is another Evra type incident. He is just another player now, albeit a very highly talented player, one who happens to play for my team, rather than him being an individual that had me viewing him through rose tinted glasses.

Have a feeling that whilst he will get cheered on whilst on the pitch, like any other player would, the depth of feeling towards him simply will never be as great again and it will be noticeable. Just watch the home and travelling support pick new names to receive the larger roars from the stands.

Bit of the Jordan Ibe Lad.

• Advertisement

I think they played perfectly, I can only see 2 options now either he goes abroad for 40-50 mil or he stays, either way its win win, if he is still here on step 3rd he will say sorry and be back playing after his ban.

All about viewpoint....from a bitter Arsenal viewpoint we have handled it appalingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

You reckon he'll be happy to play golf (ala tevez) for the duration of the season then ?

That's not going to happen as then Suarez would be free to walk from his contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Yurt wrote: »
    fee?

Kess73 wrote: »
    Last January getting CL footy for the coming season was not a big deal for him.

In June he felt his family were at risk if he stayed in England.

Then he claimed it was cl footy he wanted.

Then he claimed that London was in fact an attractive destination despite the earlier claim about living in England putting his family at risk.

Next came a claim about it being stated in his contract that he could leave if a £40m bid came in.

Then it changed to if a £40m from a CL team came in.

Then it changed to a verbal comment was made saying he could leave if one of Barca, Real, Bayern, or a big London club came in.

Then it briefly became that his old contract had a clause in it, but his new one did not.

The man just seems to say whatever he wants to be believed as the truth, and his comments last week about how he sees himself as currently defending the name and colour of Liverpool with his actions since June were some of the funniest snippets I heard all year.

Its border line pathological at this stage I'd still be happy to see him in red again also tho

SimpsonLemon.gif

I have a fairly decent sized bet on Suarez to stay.....Never again. One minute I think he is gone, then he is staying....No idea what to think now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

After reading your post and having a chat, we the members of the Liverpool thread have decided to sell Suarez to your team. You raised some great points that hit home with all of us, and realising the decision was in our hands, have seen what's best for him and us. We're faxing over the paperwork as we speak. He likes his milk lukewarm. Enjoy.

I have a fairly decent sized bet on Suarez to stay.....Never again. One minute I think he is gone, then he is staying....No idea what to think now!!

Odds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Probably best not to read it. You'll be depressed and excited in the same article

Did you read my post Al.....basically my point is BR has talked himself into a corner regarding Suarez....

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Yurt wrote: »

That's about 6 times we've signed him now at this stage.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement