Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I think when it comes down to the crunch he may well go this window but it will never be Arsenal. I can see a scenario where there is a 'brinkmanship' deal done with a club where they pay over a long period etc. If we dont need the money then we dont need the money up front , its my belief money isnt an issue, its ability to attract, that why you bring in a Baldini type.

In any case time in on LFC's side in isolation of him leaving. He isnt available, when he does become available he isnt going to down tools because he will want to look good to any buyer. In January he wont be cup tied and even if its left until the summer he will be in a world cup shop window and still with 2 years left on his contract.

The only other aspect then is are the club prepared to possibly let this sour the squad atmosphere and/or swallow the 5.5m in wages no matter what the scenario. Because if he is here after the window shuts there will be no training alone imo. I expect some fireworks in the next 3 weeks tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

I think it is about silverware to be honest.

So why not hand in a transfer request and force the clubs hand even more??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

In fairness to Luis, he keeps a number of otherwise useless people employed in SSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

meriwether wrote: »
    . If Madrid are bidding against no one, why on earth would they pay Liverpools asking price?

Doesnt seem to be driving bales price down.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Crazy amount of talk on the radio and twitter that we have signed Aly Cissokho

Jesus, that one came out of nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

"I'm fit and good to go. If I'm selected against Stoke then I'll be ready.

A quote from Sturridge which suggests he should be good to go at the weekend.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/142262-daniel-s-delight-at-injury-comeback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

"I'm fit and good to go. If I'm selected against Stoke then I'll be ready.

A quote from Sturridge which suggests he should be good to go at the weekend.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/142262-daniel-s-delight-at-injury-comeback

Doubt he'll start.

Downing will be strutting his stuff on the right wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

djPSB wrote: »
    Doubt he'll start.

I think with Suarez suspended they'll be liking to get Sturridge on Asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Vicxas wrote: »
    I think with Suarez suspended they'll be liking to get Sturridge on with Aspas

fyp

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Vicxas wrote: »
    I think with Suarez suspended they'll be liking to get Sturridge on Asap

Be careful with your spelling and capitalisation, this is a family thread ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

uGB38Eg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

@MrBoywunder: Barrett also says Siqueira to #LFC to be completed in the coming days in a £5m deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

djPSB wrote: »
    Doubt he'll start.

Sturridge will start. I'd be amazed if he didn't. Aspas was dire on Saturday and Sturridge was "lively" once he came on and could have had two or three goals on another day. I think with the 45 mins under his belt he'll play some part in this behind closed doors game we've got midweek and he'll start against Stoke.

Downing will start too i'd imagine, I think Aspas will be on the bench. So that's a Downing, Sturridge and Coutinho front three.

If we play Stoke with Downing, Aspas and Coutinho I really think we'll really struggle to break them down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

klose wrote: »
    @MrBoywunder: Barrett also says Siqueira to #LFC to be completed in the coming days in a £5m deal.

Beat me too it. Christ 5 million seems very cheap, a definite upgrade on enrique from what ive read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

klose wrote: »
    that would be an excellent signing

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'm quite baffled by this Siqueira chap. Feels like everybody here has seen him but not me :pac: Seriously though, tad weird that his fee is half of what was generally being quoted in the media for the past few weeks. There's probably add-ons, but still. Looking forward to seeing him play and dislodge Enrique's position as a starting XI player... assuming it is indeed wrapped up. Not going to get ahead of myself after a lot of the crap we've been through this summer so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Please be true. No idea about him. Someone find a youtube showreel

mike65 wrote: »

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Seems a bit too good to be true.

Some goals form pre - season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Seemingly we've had €12m bid for Matri accepted by Juventus too. Although Rafa is bidding against us

http://www.football-italia.net/38253/matri-napoli-or-liverpool

Seemingly we've had €12m bid for Matri accepted by Juventus too. Although Rafa is bidding against us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Not a fan of Matri tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Any word on that Turkish-German lad we signed who got injured?

Augmerson wrote: »

Samed Yesil is up and running again, not sure about his return to competitive football - he hasn't played in any of the pre-season U21 games afaik. They open the new season tomorrow. Hopefully LFC tv will have the coverage and we might see him or hear something.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/11/liverpool-daniel-agger-barcelona?CMP=twt_gu
    "There is an awful lot of work going on behind the scenes and it is not easy as we have seen from other clubs' experiences as well," the manager added. "But I am confident that we will add to the team. I don't think there is any doubt we need that. The players we have brought in have added great depth and support to the team, but that bit of quality now coming into the group could really set us up. Everyone at the club, the recruitment team, the board and myself, are working hard to make that happen."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

So anyone know if they are filming season 2 of Being Liverpool this pre season?

If they are sign me up to watch it, it could be a ratings winner with all the behind the scenes stuff going on at the moment!

Also can beat a bit of scouse poetry :D

Augmerson wrote: »

Yesil? Still out but should be back in a month or two i think. Pelosi had the screws removed from his leg today aswell

A good sign.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

So we are meant to be signing 2 left backs this week? Colour me sceptical, although for the most part Enrique irritates me. He is capable of doing some excellent things as well, but he is highly frustrating. I can't say as I know whether either of the mooted incoming players would be better as I only really know what I've seen in this thread. I guess if one of them signs I'll find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Matri would be a very uninspiring signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Matri would be a very uninspiring signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Don't know much about these guys but at least the rumour mill is back in full swing for us

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

So anyone know if they are filming season 2 of Being Liverpool this pre season?

If they are sign me up to watch it, it could be a ratings winner with all the behind the scenes stuff going on at the moment!

Also can beat a bit of scouse poetry :D

Yea Suarez will be in all 3 envelopes

No more italians!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

The Matri signing would be a poor one. You'd be buying out a 4 year contract for a mediocre 29 year old unproven outside of Italy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

A good sign.

Don't see why they would want him for anything other than backup tbh.

Higuain, Mertens, Callejon, Insigne, Pandev and even then the likes Hamsik and Zuniga will all be taking up attacking berths.

I suppose he would give them a completely different option, which might be why Rafa is willing to spend the 12m on him, but I honestly would only be happy to see him at the club if the price was nearly half that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Really hope we're outbid for Matri if true, waste of money imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Yea Suarez will be in all 3 envelopes

Who was in last year's envelopes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

A good sign.
    This is bull crap fsg won't spend 12 mil on a 29 year old

Liamalone wrote: »

Carroll, Enrique, Downing.

• Advertisement

Carroll,Adam, Spearing... They all left soon after the envelopes appeared coincidence I think not.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Mr. Alan, LuckyLloyd and Rossie.

Carroll,Adam, Spearing... They all left soon after the envelopes appeared coincidence I think not.

Ah, I thought Adam was gone by then.

Don't think Spearing was one, as I think it was more about players who wern't giving 100% and not on ability alone.

Realistically I'd imagine there was no names in any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Would yis please hurry up and post Suarez down to London :D

Bite me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

If ye want express delivery, it'll cost you 70m + 1 Theo Walcott :D

billy2012 wrote: »
    Ah, I thought Adam was gone by then.

Don't think Spearing was one, as I think it was more about players who wern't giving 100% and not on ability alone.

Realistically I'd imagine there was no names in any of them.

If there was any name it would have been Brendan's own name for letting the team down!

He said many times the players were doing what he asked them to do and if they made mistakes doing that blame him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Sahin was in all 3 envelopes, thus forcing Rodgers to get him in, play him out of position and prove himself right...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Bite me

I+see+what+you+did+there+_96a8a1876f7ddc04c8ad3fdf27667894.png

From The Echo.
    Liverpool FC are hopeful of completing the signing of Granada left-back Guilherme Siqueira as Brendan Rodgers looks to add to his squad before the new Premier League season.

Rodgers has been eager to add to his full-back options this summer, with Jose Enrique the only recognised senior left back at the club currently.

Moves for Aly Cissokho of Valencia, and Lorenzo Melgarejo of Benfica have been considered, but it is Siqueira who has now emerged as the prime target, and Liverpool are confident of concluding a deal to sign the 27-year-old Brazilian on a permanent basis before the transfer window closes in three weeks’ time.

Siqueira has impressed during three seasons at Granada, helping the Andalusians to promotion to La Liga in 2011.

He signed a four-year contract soon after, but it is believed Granada will be willing to let him leave for around £6m, though no fee has been agreed at this stage.
    Nice!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement