Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Who are we going to loan our Cishokos to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Who are we going to loan our Cishokos to?

Arsenal.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I leave the internet for a few hours and suddenly we're linked with players, I'm seeing posts on FB about Rodgers saying we are looking for someone top left who can score.
    Rumours flying round. Tony Barret tweeted about Agger being open to a Barca move, then kinda took it back and clarifies the story.

Its too much to take :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Tony Barrett must really be out of the loop at the moment. He's been dreadful recently.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Reading some of the other superthreads around here I am convinced it is not only Liverpool fans who are somewhat deluded. Every club has it's insane posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

40 million 1c and Bendtner? :D

Arsenal.:pac:

They are being linked with Gustavo for 14m....that leaves them with 26,000,001 for transfers. We have 14 Cisshokos costing 2million each in a loan fee....they can't afford it.

5starpool wrote: »
    Reading some of the other superthreads around here I am convinced it is not only Liverpool fans who are somewhat deluded. Every club has it's insane posters.

Was it Suarez being worth 20million that got you thinking that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Was it Suarez being worth 20million that got you thinking that?

You're kidding me?

Where did you get this nugget from?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'm guessing you mean the Arsenal thread, and if so...

tumblr_m22qkaAMJy1qk5ynno1_400.gif

I agree. That Fear Dark kid is full of gems regarding Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    That Fear Dark kid is full of gems regarding Liverpool.

And you guys have Paulegend and his "maths" lessons ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Starting to get worried now think it will be a tough year was at angield and the aviva and we were poor in both.
    With the exception of Lucas and coutiniho who is exceptional we are struggling.
    Another thing our fans have got very quiet atmosphere at a field last week was like a morgue and I know it was only a testimonial and an early kick off, but it was dead
    And yesterday Celtic fans who were greatly outnumbered out sang liverpool fans with ease(if I here sean ducking south from garyown again il slit my wrists).
    It's a long time since I witnessed a great atmosphere in anfield.
    Need to bring in some quality soon or it will be a long hard season

You're kidding me?

Where did you get this nugget from?

Arsenal thread....Slic (I think) used to do end of year awards, dunno if he still does but that thread is a shoe in for thread of the year with the laughs it's providing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Starting to get worried now think it will be a tough year was at angield and the aviva and we were poor in both.
    Another thing our fans have got very quiet atmosphere at a field last week was like a morgue and I know it was only a testimonial and an early kick off, but it was dead
    And yesterday Celtic fans who were greatly outnumbered out sang liverpool fans with ease(if I here sean ducking south from garyown again il slit my wrists).

No more booze

Arsenal thread....Slic (I think) used to do end of year awards, dunno if he still does but that thread is a shoe in for thread of the year with the laughs it's providing.

Vaguely remember them, think the last one was around the time I started posting regularly.

Be a laugh to have another one, although I wouldn't be surprised if Mods are reluctant because of potential hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Holy crap just reading yesterdays match thread and all i can do is laugh, it is so cringe.

Game was so typical of Liverpool of past 2 season when player smaller teams.

Smaller teams sit back park the bus and Liverpool just cant score, what team comes to play a friendly and park the bus and time waste so boring

Cheers. I'll have a look tomorrow. It was a good laugh last week but I didn't have a look over the weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

There isnt really much for fans to get excited about as we enter a new season
    The whole Suarez drama has been a diaster. There hasnt been any major signings either so I think looking ahead to a long hard season. Maybe peoples expectations will be more realistic than they have been the last few seasons too

gandalf wrote: »
    And you guys have Paulegend and his "maths" lessons ;)

He practically lives in the Arsenal thread it seems so we will magnanimously let you guys have him. No, no, we insist ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I like Matri but he ain't the answer to your problems. I'd be adverse to buying a CF unless it was a really top drawer signing like Soldado would have been. The squad needs players behind or alongside the front man far more urgently when talking in an attacking sense.

• Advertisement

He practically lives in the Arsenal thread it seems so we will magnanimously let you guys have him. No, no, we insist ;)

But if we give them 1 poster it will be like we lost 60 posters. :pac:

pm1977x wrote: »
    Sahin was in all 3 envelopes, thus forcing Rodgers to get him in, play him out of position and prove himself right...

The only place I was in was the Melwood holding cell for bullying Welsh Xavi unfortunately. I'd have gotten away with it if it weren't for that rat Assaidi caving in and turning me in to Rodgers.

Yep he has been entertaining us an awful lot lately. Tell you what if you lot sign Bentner from us he can stay. I am sure you could do with the self declared "Greatest striker in the world" added to your team ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

The only place I was in was the Melwood holding cell for bullying Welsh Xavi unfortunately. I'd have gotten away with it if it weren't for that rat Assaidi caving in and turning me in to Rodgers.

But 'B-Rod' doesn't like a grass either, so that spelled the end for Assaidi too.

But if we give them 1 poster it will be like we lost 60 posters. :pac:

THAT is genius. I tip my hat to you. :D

Yep he has been entertaining us an awful lot lately. Tell you what if you lot sign Bentner from us he can stay. I am sure you could do with the self declared "Greatest striker in the world" added to your team ;)

Bendtner, eh? Hmmm let me think.

In a totally unrelated item, where is the unsubscribe link for your newsletter sir?

Bendtner, eh? Hmmm let me think.

In a totally unrelated item, where is the unsubscribe link for your newsletter sir?

Lol damn it was worth a try! We'll never be rid of that useless sack of ####e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Has anybody got the build up to the game by BT sport because I was shown on the TV and deperately looking for the video :)

Looking at Juventus' squad there, its actually ridiculous. And we're looking for Matri.

Somewhat depressing in its own right.

When is his contract up and when did he sign his last one? Don't give up hope though, if you got 7m for Gervinho ye might get a buyer yet. Some amount of deadwood shifted this summer already. Perhaps not the right thread to discuss it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

tumblr_mr80jlgDzb1ruzhcvo2_500.gif

"cmon then rodge..ill have you"

If Liverpool can rid of the likes of Konchesky, Torres, Cole and Poulsen. There's hope for you yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I think SSN are just trolling the f*ck out of the Arsenal thead tbh....a lot of them still believe it's going to happen.

I think we are the ones getting trolled. Another window of 'holding onto our best players is like a new signing' bollOx.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If Liverpool can rid of the likes of Konchesky, Torres, Cole and Poulsen. There's hope for you yet.

On the other hand...was Diao ever sold or end of his 5 year contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

dfx- wrote: »
    On the other hand...was Diao ever sold or end of his 5 year contract?

Free transfer to Stoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

What do we think pool fans? Any way back for Suarez after this insistence on an apology?

I mean I know Modric and Ronaldo stayed but this seems a bit different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

gosplan wrote: »
    What do we think pool fans? Any way back for Suarez after this insistence on an apology?

I mean I know Modric and Ronaldo stayed but this seems a bit different.

After the Torres thing I lost all sentimentality about football as far as playing staff are concerned.

So long as he continues to do the job he's paid for, I'm fine with him staying as long as its in the best interests of the club - which, for this season at least, it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

The Echo are saying we're pretty close on Siqueira for £6m.

Does that mean the Cissohko deal is off?

Can't say I know anything about him, although he scores a decent amount of goals for a left-back (6).

Also can anyone give me a quick summary of the Celtic game? I know it's 'only a pre-season' but the team is pretty fit by now and we played a strong team by all accounts so it's a bit worrying to lose to the first semi-decent opposition we've faced in the pre-season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Morzadec wrote: »
    The Echo are saying we're pretty close on Siqueira for £6m.

Does that mean the Cissohko deal is off?

Can't say I know anything about him, although he scores a decent amount of goals for a left-back (6).

Also can anyone give me a quick summary of the Celtic game? I know it's 'only a pre-season' but the team is pretty fit by now and we played a strong team by all accounts so it's a bit worrying to lose to the first semi-decent opposition we've faced in the pre-season...

The Celtic match was good, for Celtic fans.

The usual suspects were good (Couthino, Lucas) Sturridge came on at half time, he was a bit rusty but showed ambition.

The rest were non existent or just didnt do well, Wisdom in particular had a bad day.

But as you said it was a pre-season and all about fitness, also Celtic have been up an running in their league so they feilded a pretty much full strength squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Celtic game was a carbon copy of one of last seasons draws/defeats to poor teams at Anfield.

We owned the ball, there was some nice attacking play, but without Suarez and Sturridge we lack quality and goals, simple as that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

BR on Reinforcements.
    LFCTS ‏@LFCTS 23s
    BR hopeful of new faces: "There is an awful lot of work going on behind the scenes, I am confident that we will add to the team.

LFCTS ‏@LFCTS 12s
    BR: "I don’t think there is any doubt we need strengthening the team."

Billy Liddell ‏@Liddellpool 53s
    Rodgers: We are looking for someone top left with pace and who can score goals.”
    Liverpool rally to keep Daniel Agger as Barcelona step up interest
    • A £14.6m bid for the Dane has already been rejected
    • Agent says player is interested in the move

agger-006.jpg

Liverpool rejected a €17m (£14.6m) offer for Agger from the Spanish champions last week amid concern over their central defensive options. Brendan Rodgers responded by appointing the 28-year-old as the new vice-captain following the retirement of Jamie Carragher.

With Carragher gone, Sebastián Coates failing to convince Rodgers and Martin Skrtel's position uncertain having been told he can leave Liverpool earlier in the summer, only to be informed last week that he would not be sold, the Anfield club can ill afford to lose their most influential centre-half. That was reflected in the response to Barcelona, who have targeted either Agger or David Luiz but have received no encouragement from Chelsea that the Brazil international is for sale.

Barcelona are expected to return with an improved offer for the Liverpool defender before the transfer deadline. And Agger's agent, Per Steffensen, has suggested the Denmark international would consider a transfer to Camp Nou.

"We are aware that Barcelona have made an offer for Daniel that Liverpool have rejected," said Steffensen, who was approached by an agent representing the Spanish club several weeks ago. "Daniel has a contract with Liverpool for the next three years and it would be up to the clubs to agree a fee for his transfer in order for that to change."

Agger's departure would be a serious setback to Rodgers, who has struggled to add quality additions to Liverpool's defence this summer, signing only Kolo Touré on a free transfer from Manchester City so far. Liverpool are, however, believed to be close to the £5m signing of Granada's left-back Guilherme Siqueira.

Rodgers' pre-season preparations have already been disrupted by the Luis Suárez transfer saga and the arrest on Thursday of Raheem Sterling for common assault. The England international is due to stand trial in September and sat out Saturday's friendly 1-0 defeat by Celtic as a result. "I just thought he had been through a lot," the Liverpool manager said. "He hadn't slept at all in the last 48 hours and adding to that Jordan Ibe has been excellent and at 17 he is showing great promise. That was all it was, to protect Raheem."

One positive from the Dublin friendly was the second-half performance of Daniel Sturridge, who returned ahead of schedule from an ankle-ligament injury to enliven an otherwise laboured Liverpool performance. With Suárez banned for the first six matches of the season, irrespective of his long-term position at the club, Sturridge will have greater responsibility when the campaign opens and Liverpool have arranged a behind-closed-doors game on Monday specifically to improve the striker's match fitness.

"I think he is aware of the opportunity in front of him," said Rodgers. "There were maybe teething problems when he arrived in January but once he got his head around that and the demands of playing at a big club regularly, then he was terrific. He was in really good form at the end of last season, which got him called up for England, and it was unfortunate that he got a bad injury. But I can have no complaints at how he has worked. He is actually ahead of schedule coming back and I am sure that this season he can demonstrate that he is a top striker."

Rodgers is adamant Liverpool will add quality additions to their squad before the transfer window closes, having been frustrated on several major deals this summer including the £21.8m offer for Diego Costa. The Brazilian forward is now expected to sign a contract extension with Atlético Madrid.

"There is an awful lot of work going on behind the scenes and it is not easy as we have seen from other clubs' experiences as well," the manager added. "But I am confident that we will add to the team. I don't think there is any doubt we need that. The players we have brought in have added great depth and support to the team, but that bit of quality now coming into the group could really set us up. Everyone at the club, the recruitment team, the board and myself, are working hard to make that happen."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/11/liverpool-daniel-agger-barcelona?CMP=twt_gu

Tony Barrett on Agger.
    Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes
    1. Right, for those asking (and especially those abusing) the story on Daniel Agger is a very simple one.

2. Barcelona made an offer for Agger which Liverpool rejected. That has now been confirmed by Agger's agent.

3. Agger is not actively pursuing a move. Anyone who is aware of his character will know that's not the way he would do things.

4. But I don't think anyone could blame Agger if (that's an important word at this stage) if he was tempted by the possibility of Barca.

5. Equally, Liverpool will want to keep Agger who is their best centre back & second longest serving player.
    Reds eye move for £5m Brazilian Siqueira

Reds boss Rodgers hoping to add to squad with new season just days away

siq-5698645.jpg

Liverpool FC are hopeful of completing the signing of Granada left-back Guilherme Siqueira as Brendan Rodgers looks to add to his squad before the new Premier League season.

Rodgers has been eager to add to his full-back options this summer, with Jose Enrique the only recognised senior left back at the club currently.

Moves for Aly Cissokho of Valencia, and Lorenzo Melgarejo of Benfica have been considered, but it is Siqueira who has now emerged as the prime target, and Liverpool are confident of concluding a deal to sign the 27-year-old Brazilian on a permanent basis before the transfer window closes in three weeks’ time.

Siqueira has impressed during three seasons at Granada, helping the Andalusians to promotion to La Liga in 2011.

He signed a four-year contract soon after, but it is believed Granada will be willing to let him leave for around £6m, though no fee has been agreed at this stage.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reds-eye-move-5m-brazilian-5698647

Redknapp on Suarez.
    Billy Liddell ‏@Liddellpool 2h
    Redknapp: He doesn’t care about managers team-mates and fans who have stood by him when he racially abused another opponent & bit another

Billy Liddell ‏@Liddellpool 2h
    Harry Redknapp: He doesn’t give a monkey’s about Liverpool Football Club. He only cares about himself and getting his own way.’ #suarez

Santa Sam continues with his Patronage...
    Billy Liddell ‏@Liddellpool 22s
    Rodgers said that there was “strong interest” in Stewart Downing with WH having bid £6 million for Downing * The Telegraph *

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

BR on Reinforcements.

Tony Barrett on Agger.

Redknapp on Suarez.

Santa Sam continues with his Patronage...

Some positive news there thank god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

5 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Morzadec wrote: »

Mignolet - flapped at one cross, dealt with others well, was perhaps a bit unlucky not to save the goal, had very little to do.
    Johnson - was on the ball a lot in the second half in particular, pushing forward all the time, but not much in the way of end product
    Toure - solid at the back, one of our better players on the day, unlucky to have a good headed goal ruled out (but was probably marignally offside)
    Wisdom - bullied by the big Celtic centre forward, a day to forget
    Enrique - frustrating match, lost the ball too many times
    Lucas - did his defensive job fine, kept it very simple, but brings nothing to our offensive play, the two times he tried an adventurous pass both went straight to a green and white jersey
    Gerrard - very quiet, a couple of spurts in the second half, surprised he wasnt taken off
    Allen - clearly trying his best, trying to be positive and to make things happen, but failing, imo doesnt look to have necessary skills to be an attacking midfielder
    Downing - started reasonably, but quickly reverted to the usual of not having quite enough quality to regularly create chances
    Coutinho - by a distance our best attacking player, played left side and all our good play went through him. Not afraid to get stuck in either, which I hadnt noticed before. Was crowded out a bit when he moved into a more central position during the 2nd half
    Aspas - fourth time I've seen him play and he's been Good - Anonymous - Good - Poor. Was too easily dispossessed, but will hopefully have been a good learning experience.

Sturridge - a bright spark, a bit unlucky not to hit the scoresheet
    Ibe - good pace and strength, brought a buzz anytime he got the ball
    Henderson - looked lost playing top of the left
    Luis Alberto - didnt get on, and was clearly fuming at that on the sideline late on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So if we make a new signing now, they won't go into the starting XI so close to the first game. Team for Stoke is already set - Coutinho and Aspas wide of Sturridge, Allen and Gerrard in front of Lucas, Toure and Agger in the middle. Sterling, Henderson and Borini the most likely subs on.

• Advertisement

Luis Alberto - didnt get on, and was clearly fuming at that on the sideline late on

You sure that's what he was fuming at? He strikes me as very laid back, not the fuming type...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Dickerty wrote: »
    You sure that's what he was fuming at? He strikes me as very laid back, not the fuming type...

Good point.
    I'm not sure.

Couldnt hear what he was saying, or the language he was saying it in, but looked to me like he was annoyed. He was warming up with Assaidi, late in the second half. Was gesticulating with his arms, I thought he was pointing towards the bench (but maybe pointing at something else in that direction) and was clearly pointing at an imaginery watch on his wrist. My interpretation of why I thought he looked like he was "fuming" was that he was told he was coming on at a particular time, but that time passed and he still hadnt got the nod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Downing having a medical at West Ham. I wish the lad all the best, and even though he was fairly awful for us, at least he behaved in a professional manner.

Downing having a medical at West Ham. I wish the lad all the best, and even though he was fairly awful for us, at least he behaved in a professional manner.

Yeh, never understood the anger people had for him. We signed him, gave him a contract, played him at LB, LM, RM, and he's always been quiet and got on with it. All you can ask for given his position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

That left back looks VERY left footed from that video.

* obviously small sample size of that video

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement