Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

gafferino wrote: »
    There is no way Agger will leave until he is finished the work he started on your tattoo.

I would love some ink by Agger, prob something Liverpool related. Imagine a Liverpool tat by a liverpool player :D:D

What style does he do? And KESS.....how did you manage to get some work from him?

I must check out his restaurant next time I get a chance to head over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I'm well aware of the situation with Lewy :D

Basing it on the agent - coach link, more so than anything. To add, there's been a bit of a talk that this is Robbery's last season at the club too, they could be on the hunt for a wing forward type and Suarez could fit the bill.
    Once Ribbery ain't coming over here I don't mind.

Great player but I do despise him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Tusky wrote: »
    The most annoying thing about the Carroll and Downing transfers is that I, along with most other sane fans, knew it was awful business. I probably typed about 2,000 words saying exactly that in the days and hours leading up to their transfers. It was a complete waste of money, and everyone could see it at the time, and now it has proved more than true. It makes it all the more frustrating.

Did some digging. All my posts from 5pm onward on transfer deadline day (it was a busy day!). Although I did find numerous posts from myself predicting Torres would be a great success at Chelsea too. Can't win them all.
    How often will the club have £50m, or even £35m, to splash out on a single player? I fear not for a long time. It is rare we have that type of money and so we must invest it carefully. Spending it on Carroll is a mistake.
    Is Carroll the best young striker available for £35m? No way. Not even close.
    He [Carroll] has certainly not proved hes not just a flash in the pan. Hes only played less than 6 months of top flight football. I would have no problem splashing the likes of 35m on the best young talents in the world - I just dont see Carroll in that bracket. I dont even see him in the top 10.

I'm happy the new owners are prepared to spend big - I just think its being spent on the wrong player. Lets not forget we are losing arguably the best striker of his type in the world

Since when is Carroll even worth £20m? If I asked you 4 months ago how much he is worth it would have been less than £10m. How can you value Carroll at £20m and Torres at only £35? Those figures are way off.

Putting the transfer fee aside for a second, is he good enough to replace Torres ? I just dont think so. So many Liverpool fans just seem elated to see us spend a big amount of money, but arent stopping to actually analyze it. Torres is one of the best strikers on the planet - we have replaced him with Carroll and only got 15m extra out of it. Terrible business.
    Yeah...but the thing is - most fans have no problem with the club splashing out big money on potential future stars. But is Carroll really in that bracket ? Hes 22 yet only really came onto most peoples radar in the last 6 months. Its a different situation to someone like Rooney or Torres, who were both flagged as future stars in their teens. Carroll has not really been talked about in that way - and I dont believe hes in the same bracket.

Its not like he has proven himself in the premier league yet. He hasnt even completed a full season. I just think its crazy money for someone who looks a good player, but far from a world beater.

Look at Torres scoring record up to age 22 and compare it to Carrolls. Carroll was valued at about 10m just a few months ago - at a push! I just cant see it as anything other than money badly spent when you look at some of the other young talent that could be bought for that price.

In one sense im delighted that the club is finally willing to splash out. On the other hand, im devastated on our choice of player. There are very few players in the world that cant be got for 45m euros...
    But Torres told the club he wanted to go last summer. When the negotiations began with Chelsea two weeks ago, even if it was just us telling them to **** off, Torres would have told the club he wanted to go. Theres no way he just handed in a transfer request out of the blue. He would have discussed it with the club. With that in mind the club did have time to look for a replacement, even if they ended up keeping Torres - they should have had one lined up. For that money I just cant accept that Carroll was first choice. I dont even think he would have been in the top 10.

I've accepted that Torres had to go - fine. But with £50m to spend on a replacement, I think weve done a terrible job.

As I said - if he wanted to go and we could get £50m, fine. But spending the guts of it on Andy Carroll just seems like madness to me. I'll stop posting about it now because I realize Ive been negative enough. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.
    raging to hear that negotiations were ongoing with Chelsea for two weeks. If the club had two weeks to to find a striker and £50 million to spend, how on earth did we end up with Andy Carroll for £35m?
    Exactly. 50m from Torres could buy two top class players. Instead we have bought Adam and Carroll. Dont get me wrong, they are good - but its money very very badly spent.

Lets not forget that in losing Torres and Babel, we have lost the only pace in our square and we havent replaced it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

billy2012 wrote: »
    Once Ribbery ain't coming over here I don't mind.

Great player but I do despise him.

That's how I feel about the other part of Robbery :)

One of those players I have a ridiculous amount of hate for, even before last year's CL Final. He's a very good player I realise that. Pisses me off no end, other than a couple of defenders (Cole and Jung), players always let him cut inside though. Throw in his antics and the like... :mad:

Despite what he's won at Bayern, from an ability standpoint I've been somewhat disappointed in Ribbery. Don't think he fulfilled the potential he showed at World Cup 2006. Perhaps I'm being harsh on him. Still, he's a ruthlessly effective player who I'd have here, not that will happen for many reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

gafferino wrote: »
    There is no way Agger will leave until he is finished the work he started on your tattoo.

Hah that is long finished, he just recoloured the flashes of red on the eye stripes of my Slaine tatt a year or so ago.

Have seen some of the proper work he did on other folk though, and he is a really good artist.

Actually have to get a price later today on some new ink I am getting done that will be influenced by the Táin, but that is going to be done in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Agger's not leaving.

let's not get our knickers in a twist on that one.

no point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

SlickRic wrote: »

Maybe that's how I like wearin' them...

SlickRic wrote: »
    Agger's not leaving.

no point.

Glad that's cleared up

*untwists

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

5starpool wrote: »
    If we replace him with another 'promising' 20 year old, or not at all, we might be sorry we let him go.

I'm certainly not going to join in the glee that he is gone. He was in no way worth the fee that was paid for him at the time, and his first season was awful, but last season he was far from our biggest problem. there is definitely better value for money out there, but if he was sold mostly to get his wages off the books and isn't replaced with a better option (not better value, but better on the pitch) it's bad to sell him.

He gave 100% on the pitch, and never bitched and whined, but knuckled down and fought his way back into the team. If I'm at a game where he is a visiting player, I for one will give him a warm reception, same as I will with Carroll and Spearing. Joe Cole though, meh.

I think we have replaced him already with Aspas. I think BR wants Coutinho in the middle and will bring in someone on the left as he said this morning.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/142356-br-we-re-working-hard-on-deals

• Advertisement

I see Feyenoord have lost both opening games. They really need an Assaidi in their side

(And maybe a Jon Flanagan? No??)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

mike65 wrote: »
    What about 87k a week? I'd say the amortisation and the wage excess (over a comparable talent on 40k a week) pretty much cancel each other out.

That was a joke for the accountants in here, which there are many

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Tusky wrote: »
    Did some digging. All my posts from 5pm onward on transfer deadline day (it was a busy day!). Although I did find numerous posts from myself predicting Torres would be a great success at Chelsea too. Can't win them all.

Yeah I've said it before and I'll say it again - it's mind-boggling that those transfers were sanctioned (particularly Carroll).

With a lot of transfers you can say 'ah well with the benefit of hindsight etc...' but it was so clearly a bad deal at the time it was really quite unbelievable. I'd love to know the full story, who was pushing more (Kenny or Comolli?), did anyone express reservations, were there other targets in the mix who were overlooked...

The only consolation would be that the current setup have recognised the mistake made and have gone about trying to limit the damage - recouping almost half of what we paid is pretty good business when you look at the ability of each player.

To be honest this might be the main reason I would have supported Kenny being let go - it would have been hard for him to admit his purchases were absolute flops and he may have felt that he had to stick by them.

Ultimately, for me, the performances and results that season were not enough to make letting Dalglish go the right decision - but the fact that the team needed strengthening and it would have been very difficult to trust him in the transfer market or make the neccessary cuts on players he brought in (Adam is another one who needed to go) make me believe that it was the right decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

billy2012 wrote: »
    I would love some ink by Agger, prob something Liverpool related. Imagine a Liverpool tat by a liverpool player :D:D

What style does he do? And KESS.....how did you manage to get some work from him?

I must check out his restaurant next time I get a chance to head over.

He has no involvement anymore with those restaurants as he sold up pretty much all his interests in them at least a year or two ago, but he may be opening something new in Liverpool.

As for getting the tatt touched up by him. I used to be a regular in one of his restaurants, he spotted my ink, and we ended up comparing sleeves and the stories/influences behind them. We have very similar ink in terms of both of us being heavily influenced by mythology and the fact I had Irish mythology on one side and Danish on the other caught his eye. He then had a bit of chat for me anytime he spotted me there or around town, plus he was often out by my brother's house in Woolton so our paths would cross there when he was meeting other players living near my brother's house.

Then during a conversation about ink he hopped the ball about doing some work on me and that's pretty much how my Slaine got some recolouring work done. A number of other people have gotten work done by him as well.

Very nice guy to chat with though, quite pragmatic and certainly not a stereotypical "dumb" footballer. Think the lack of footy talk appealled to him somewhat as well as anytime we have chatted over the years the topics generally have been ink, food, music and business stuff given he, my brother, and I all either own or have owned our own businesses.

Would not claim to know him well or anything, but would certainly be one of players in the current squad that I admire based on what I know of his personality and background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I wasn't posting when Carroll joined, but my post on Downing makes me sad. Especially the last line. :o

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73281597&postcount=4787

Dickerty wrote: »
    I see Feyenoord have lost both opening games. They really need an Assaidi in their side

(And maybe a Jon Flanagan? No??)

If Koeman had any decency they'd offer us Boëtius, Vilhena, Clasie, de Vrij, Martins Indi, Pelle and Kongolo (the younger one) in return for two integral parts of Liverpool's future. Selfish prats holding out on us.

• Advertisement

Apparently Rafa is chasing Gustavo now.

Maybe Napoli can loan us him then and we can send them Skrtel in the other direction :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

#LFCU21s team to face Southampton: Mersin, Roddan, Maguire, Jones, Sokolik, Rossiter, Peterson, Lussey, Dunn, Trickett-Smith, Bijev.

kick off 1:45 on lfctv

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ffs, I hate when the u-21's have early kickoffs and I can't see them due to stupid work. Trickett-Smith and Lussey are 2 that I'm looking forward to seeing more of this season anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Knex. wrote: »

Maybe Napoli can loan us him then and we can send them Skrtel in the other direction :D

Oh Rafa you flirt, annoying Wenger.

AP-DO-NOT-USE-Rafa-Benitez-1449008.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I wasn't posting when Carroll joined, but my post on Downing makes me sad. Especially the last line. :o

I don't think you were wrong at the time.

After the season he jhad just had at Villa (fans' poty) and given Liverpool's lack of a winger, I really thought Downing was a good signing.

Obivously the price wasa about 5m more than market value for me but, unlike the Carroll transfer, I really though Downing would be a success.

• Advertisement

i havent seen Trickett-Smith but loads are raving about him so cant wait to see hium this season. hopefully llyod jones will continue his form from last season and i hope to see Hodžić impress this year too

Paulegend wrote: »
    #LFCU21s team to face Southampton: Mersin, Roddan, Maguire, Jones, Sokolik, Rossiter, Peterson, Lussey, Dunn, Trickett-Smith, Bijev.

kick off 1:45 on lfctv

Jones - Class, big kid, big future
    Rossiter - Only turned 16 years old in March gone! HUGE potential!
    Lussey - Only 18, has a bit of Danny Murphy about him, classy player
    Dunn - Great return from injury last season, scored a ton, still only 18

A very talented, young side that, having come through U18s together, are a very good unit. Should have a strong season.

I expect Chirivella to break into the U21s during the season, already looks a class above the U18s, was made captain for the Milk Cup, so I presume for the season ahead?

i havent seen Trickett-Smith but loads are raving about him so cant wait to see hium this season. hopefully llyod jones will continue his form from last season and i hope to see Hodžić impress this year too

Hodzic did really well last year, for an 18 year old playing for the Champions. He's staying there this season, hopefully we can get him back next summer.

Haven't seen much of T-S, but there are a lot of really good CMs attacking CMs in the U21s, technically very sound. Maybe lacking the cutting edge from Morgan or Yesil, hence Adorjan and Dunn scoring a lot last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This just gets better and better. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"what you zee is what you get"

I think people were quite underwhelmed by us signing Downing to put it kindly, but.. they could understand the logic in signing him given the season he just had plus given Carroll's strengths even if still didn't want him. The price is what angered a lot of people for sure.

I know that's how I felt back then.

There's no hindsight or not is that we shouldn't have bought Carroll and Downing and Adam more than likely wouldn't have followed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i have great reservations at the moment, and i remember being very worried about this at the start of the transfer window.

my worries, unfortunately, seem to be coming to fruition, unless these much discussed 2 or 3 signings come in over the next few days, or at the very latest, by September 3rd.

unless they prove otherwise, it's quite obvious our owners want us to become Arsenal version 2.0 - where we are a well run business, while also continuing to compete at the right end of the table. the vision is that this will be done by buying some of the crumbs off the top table, like Coutinho for example, and hoping our scouts are good enough, and our coaching is good enough, that we will be a top 4 club without the need to go mental in the transfer market.

it's admirable, but so so flawed, and I fear our owners are being incredibly naive. i don't think it's that they want to fail, or want to get out "with a profit" - it's simply that they think this Arsenal model is the way to get success. and tbh, in a way I don't blame them. it is somewhat attractive looking at Arsenal's success from the late nineties to mid-noughties without any context.

however...

1) Arsene Wenger proved to be one of the greatest coaches in EPL history.
    2) He arrived with a spine of Seaman, that defence and Bergkamp already in place.
    3) He arrived at a time when there weren't oil barons running football clubs.

if Wenger of '98 arrived at Liverpool now, in the current context, I do not believe that the same strategy would necessarily bring success, as we have seen from Arsenal's 8 trophyless years. the foundation for Arsenal's current status was built during an era without the same pressures and competition that there is now.

that is not to demean what has been achieved at Arsenal at all. that is not my point at all. they are in an unbelievable position going forward thanks to what the club was able to establish during that time. the stadium is built, and they are light years ahead of us in terms of infrastructure and finance. they've done a super job.

my point is that I'm not sure that strategy would work now. you've heard us, and many pundits around the game too, suggest that Arsenal are the most likely team to catch in terms of the top 4. that says something. Utd are out in front because of Fergie's brilliance. City and Chelsea are with them at the top because of wealth. Spurs have invested heavily. it's quite conceivable that Arsenal could finish outside the CL places if they're not careful.

so, they're struggling, and they're years down the road. if we are trying to start on this road now, i just fear that we have absolutely no hope of catching those above us, unless we've somehow caught lightning in a bottle with some of the "squad" signings, as well as the young players like Sterling and Ibe. it's not sensible going forward in the context of where the Premier League is right now.

i've been a critic of how harsh the likes of LL, Alan and daithi have been on how the club is being run. i've believed some of their stuff is a little hyperbolic, especially when it comes to the criticisms of Rodgers. but it will have been proven, IMO, that there is some truth to their general narrative if signings are not made by September 3rd.

there needs to be proper investment in the playing squad, not just squad players who may come good.

the Arsenal model, word for word, cannot be replicated today. it just can't. not by a club like us, who have been languishing around 7th and 8th, who do not have the guts of a table-topping team, and are trying to compete against at least 5 quality-packed squads.

the club have a choice to make. do we make a conscious effort to compete, or do we simply hope for the best? for me, a conscious effort doesn't mean going mental on big-money transfers. 2 players guaranteed to improve the first team, along with the squad signings, as well as continuing to develop the young players we have, and I'll be happy that we're giving it a go. and "giving it a go" does not mean "we're working hard to make things happen". not good enough. i want to see players who improve the team.

anyway, ranting over for now. in conclusion:

1) i really hope we're not trying to do exactly what Arsenal did, surely we're not the stupid.
    2) please buy players.

Hodzic did really well last year, for an 18 year old playing for the Champions. He's staying there this season, hopefully we can get him back next summer.

Haven't seen much of T-S, but there are a lot of really good CMs attacking CMs in the U21s, technically very sound. Maybe lacking the cutting edge from Morgan or Yesil, hence Adorjan and Dunn scoring a lot last season.

really?? dam i thought he was back to be part of the set up this year. at least he'll get more first team experience

i think ,morgan might lack the pace for the first team. he is a good finisher but when your his size you need the micheal owen pace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Kess73 wrote: »
    He has no involvement anymore with those restaurants as he sold up pretty much all his interests in them at least a year or two ago, but he may be opening something new in Liverpool.

As for getting the tatt touched up by him. I used to be a regular in one of his restaurants, he spotted my ink, and we ended up comparing sleeves and the stories/influences behind them. We have very similar ink in terms of both of us being heavily influenced by mythology and the fact I had Irish mythology on one side and Danish on the other caught his eye. He then had a bit of chat for me anytime he spotted me there or around town, plus he was often out by my brother's house in Woolton so our paths would cross there when he was meeting other players living near my brother's house.

Then during a conversation about ink he hopped the ball about doing some work on me and that's pretty much how my Slaine got some recolouring work done. A number of other people have gotten work done by him as well.

Very nice guy to chat with though, quite pragmatic and certainly not a stereotypical "dumb" footballer. Think the lack of footy talk appealled to him somewhat as well as anytime we have chatted over the years the topics generally have been ink, food, music and business stuff given he, my brother, and I all either own or have owned our own businesses.

Would not claim to know him well or anything, but would certainly be one of players in the current squad that I admire based on what I know of his personality and background.

There's a cock and bull story if ever I've heard one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

We got another badass.

• Advertisement

Neil Mellor on the mic.

Ryan McLaughlin sounds more foreign than the foreign lads.

Ah Claire...sighs

Super-Rush wrote: »
    We got another badass.

There will be a hell of a lot more, on here and otherwise, if we don't bring in a few players before the window closes.

It would take a miracle for us to get 4th the way things currently stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

well that's that then........

Total LFCTheTotalLFC 4m
    Former Liverpool goalkeeper Alexander Doni has retired from football at the age of 33 due to heart problem.

There's a cock and bull story if ever I've heard one.

What so hard to believe about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

mike65 wrote: »
    I just went back in time looking for Downing chat at the time of his signing but spotted a comment from Eagle Eye about how good he'd be that was posted in 2008!

Also first sighting of Luis Suarez on a Liverpool thread (if only we'd known!)
    (I also found this gem)

I'm in this thread win, lose or draw :confused:

When we put together a handful of wins in the later part of last season when everyone was creaming themselves, I was still there saying that it means nothing to do that in meaningless games when out season was over months already.

There's been no opportunity to see if I go quiet when we put together big winning streaks or start competing at the right end of the table, quite simply, because we've not been anywhere near doing that under Rodgers.

If you want to have a real laugh at how opinions change radically, maybe look closer to home at opinions on Rodgers before and after he got the job. Or maybe have a look at your own posting history Mike, it wasn't that long ago you were championing Mick McCarthy to replace Rafael Benitez.

Doni hadn't the heart to keep showing up players as the mere inferior mortals that they were when in his vicinity.

Top guy. I wish him well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Mr Alan wrote: »

When we put together a handful of wins in the later part of last season when everyone was creaming themselves, I was still there saying that it means nothing to do that in meaningless games when out season was over months already.

There's been no opportunity to see if I go quiet when we put together big winning streaks or start competing at the right end of the table, quite simply, because we've not been anywhere near doing that under Rodgers.

If you want to have a real laugh at how opinions change radically, maybe look closer to home at opinions on Rodgers before and after he got the job. Or maybe have a look at your own posting history Mike, it wasn't that long ago you were championing Mick McCarthy to replace Rafael Benitez.

In fairness that comment link Mike posted is quite brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Mr Alan wrote: »

Mick McCarthy!!!...hahaha. Hindsight is so very cruel.

If we don't get the chequebook out in the next few weeks we will all be needing a good laugh or too. Keep em coming.

Must have been at least 3 years ago. ;) But you'll still be banging on about that comment when hell freezes over, won't you?

Jack Dunn as the "centre foward", that's an U18 team really.

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    In fairness that comment link Mike posted is quite brilliant.

Alan defending a manager 6 weeks into a season where we attained 86 points and came the closest to winning it that we have since 1991, and also the manager who got us to 2 CL finals in the 4 seasons previous, does not mean that he has to support one who has none of that going for him, or else be a hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

What so hard to believe about it?
    I would just take it with a pinch of salt. That's my own opinion, I don't want to have a barney about it.
    There will be a hell of a lot more, on here and otherwise, if we don't bring in a few players before the window closes.

It would take a miracle for us to get 4th the way things currently stand.

How about this guy Alessandro Matri? Seems to be a done deal.

1 nil jack dunn nice one on one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Yea Suarez will be in all 3 envelopes

:)

seemingly Downing opened last seasons envelopes and found his name, so he is off. :rolleyes:

Dunn - Great return from injury last season, scored a ton, still only 18

And Dunn scores the opener...

1 nil jack dunn nice one on one

Shocking back pass certainly helped there, Dunn is one of my youth favourites I have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

I would just take it with a pinch of salt. That's my own opinion, I don't want to have a barney about it.

Matri is a very uninspiring signing imo
    Surprised FSG sanctioning it . 29 seems a little old

Says who? I'm taking your previous pinch of salt and applying it to the above.

Latest news has him closer to Napoli that us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

5starpool wrote: »
    Alan defending a manager 6 weeks into a season where we attained 86 points and came the closest to winning it that we have since 1991, and also the manager who got us to 2 CL finals in the 4 seasons previous, does not mean that he has to support one who has none of that going for him, or else be a hypocrite.

No no, hes been pretty much like that since day one with Rodgers.

Anyways, really hope we dont go for Matri and again at 29 it would seem an odd player to be going against FSG's policy for.

There's a gorgeous tackle, Rossiter and some other bloke, solid 50/50. Had it been a first team game, the two of them would have been rolling around, and a card of some sort would have been issued.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement