Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shocking back pass from Shockolick!

1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Matri is a very uninspiring signing imo
    Surprised FSG sanctioning it . 29 seems a little old
    Diego Costas move has fallen through so presumably Matri is the next option. I ran the Costas one by a Spanish lad the other day and he seemed baffled that Liverpool would want him.
    5starpool wrote: »
    Says who? I'm taking your previous pinch of salt and applying it to the above.
    I read it on the internet this morning. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

almost an identical back pass to gift away an equalizer. keeper did well with the first one but the defence let him down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Alan defending a manager 6 weeks into a season where we attained 86 points and came the closest to winning it that we have since 1991, and also the manager who got us to 2 CL finals in the 4 seasons previous, does not mean that he has to support one who has none of that going for him, or else be a hypocrite.

I think you missed the point somewhat, nobody is looking at that 2008 Alan quote and thinking he should be backing Rodgers to that degree or he's a hypocrite , they are laughing at how he has become the very thing he hated in 2008 the fan who contributes nothing unless we lose or there is news that could conceivably construed as bad as and then trots out the modern equivalent of rotation, Rafa, kuyt etc etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Knex. wrote: »
    What so hard to believe about it?

Don't bother giving cyber oxygen to the attempt at winding up. All that person is out to do is get bites. Comes in here every now and then pretending to support Liverpool, gets caught out over and over as being utterly clueless about the club and team, and then tries to pick rows with little snide remarks towards anyone who has caught his/her/it's posts out in the past.

His/her/it's posts are pretty much the posting equivalent of something one would scrape from the sole of their shoe.

great finish by jake sinclair 2-1 southampton

Soton beating a high line, 2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Paulegend wrote: »
    #LFCU21s team to face Southampton: Mersin, Roddan, Maguire, Jones, Sokolik, Rossiter, Peterson, Lussey, Dunn, Trickett-Smith, Bijev.

kick off 1:45 on lfctv
    Very young team. Would have to wonder what happens to the likes of Teixeira, Morgan, Sama and Ward. Doesn't look like any of them will make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

There's a cock and bull story if ever I've heard one.

He doesn't come across as the kind of bloke that would make up this kinda stuff. Why would he do it. The bloke had been posting here for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Back to discussing Mr Alan...Monday Meltdown is about to pick up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Very young team. Would have to wonder what happens to the likes of Teixeira, Morgan, Sama and Ward. Doesn't look like any of them will make it.

Most are training with the first team, according to LFC sources. Ward off with Wales U21.

Eh? This is the mainly U18s playing at U21 level, Tex is playing or training at least with the seniors. Morgan and Sama are not going to make it, said that many a time.

3-1 Soton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

mike65 wrote: »
    I just went back in time looking for Downing chat at the time of his signing but spotted a comment from Eagle Eye about how good he'd be that was posted in 2008!

Also first sighting of Luis Suarez on a Liverpool thread (if only we'd known!)
    (I also found this gem)

we've all had our moments Mike.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57372205&postcount=4675

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Shocking back pass from Shockolick!

1-1

That name will sell kits no bother.

edit - just laughed at who thanked Slick's post. 3 years since his last post in the SF too I see and then out of the blue.. :)

SlickRic wrote: »

Ah come on Bale starts = Spurs lose when I posted that. He was the worlds worst 80m left back in 2008!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

edit - just laughed at who thanked Slick's post. 3 years since his last post in the SF too I see and then out of the blue.. :)

Thanking wasn't part of the wager. Perhaps boggles has a sense of humour.

oh Peno but the tackle was just outside.

Liverpool 2-3 Soton (Bijev)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Alan defending a manager 6 weeks into a season where we attained 86 points and came the closest to winning it that we have since 1991, and also the manager who got us to 2 CL finals in the 4 seasons previous, does not mean that he has to support one who has none of that going for him, or else be a hypocrite.

People see what they want to mate :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

SlickRic wrote: »

that's mind boggling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Some of our moments have been epic to say the least.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59305922&postcount=12720

3-3 Peterson, I tell you this defending in the U21s is shiote!

3-3 Peterson, I tell you this defending in the U21s is shiote!

To be fair, we are heavily loaded on attacking talent ourselves. Only Jones in there is first choice for us, along with Sama, Ward, Smith and McLoughlin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Didn't last too long :D

HT 3-3 breathless stuff, the result of wayward defending. LFC playing too high a line, the rear guard practically on the halfway during the attacking spells and too slow to drop deep.

Dickerty wrote: »
    To be fair, we are heavily loaded on attacking talent ourselves. Only Jones in there is first choice for us, along with Sama, Ward, Smith and McLoughlin.

From what I've seen of Craig Roddan over the last couple of years I don't think he'll make it at Liverpool, he just looks pretty ordinary and I'm surprised he is still at the club really. I haven't been watching today, so if he's playing a stormer :o

Hopefully in 5 years time when he has been named PFA player of the year in the season he captains Liverpool to a League, FA Cup and CL treble people will link to this post and laugh!

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Didn't last too long :D

I'd put down a lot of money on that not being it's only account. But I wonder who.. :D

Probably the same person who's @Boardseye on Twitter as well, and when asked, wouldn't reveal their Boards name to me, Leiva or Saulgoode neither :p

Hadn't seen the account at all until now, christ!

Hopefully in 5 years time when he has been named PFA player of the year in the season he captains Liverpool to a League, FA Cup and CL treble people will link to this post and laugh!

He can't be captain in 5 years, that will still be Dagger!
    Anyway, I don't like wide players as captains - CM or CB for me.
    So maybe Rossiter, Lussey or Dunn...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Craig Roddan definitely won't be making it.

Was in my sub box. Worth subbing to him. He's similar to Boywunder and Lumix when it comes to players linked with Liverpool.

• Advertisement

Liverpool with some great chances to take the lead.

i wonder will some more of the 19-21 year olds get some loans this season with the likes of coady Flanagan Yeşil and Morgan all needing to start making a step up. maybe brendans appraoch is to use the "under 19's" for the 21's set up and send the under 21's out to get first team footie. last season our under 18's team had some of the youngest players in their league. i think one of them even needed a nappy change during one game

Was in my sub box. Worth subbing to him. He's similar to Boywunder and Lumix when it comes to players linked with Liverpool.

That's what a decent cross from the left looks like! Had almost forgotten since Aurelio moved on.

Looks very classy on the ball. What he like defensively, does anyone know?

Coady is on loan! Sheffield Utd

Yesil won't be loaned, he's hardly got going. Tex won't be either for the same reason.. Flanagan needs to be

I think all the u21 squad from last season are either gone permanently, gone on loan, or else integrated with the first team squad to see if they can make the step up. This new u21 squad seems to be almost entirely last season't u18's, so I wouldn't expect them to compete to win the u21 league, but I'd expect them to largely be together for a couple of years at that level anyhow so hopefully at least a couple can make the step up in that time or after it.

Dear God :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Horrific stuff there.

yea at least if 3 or 4 of them can actually make the step up in a couple years they would have come through the set up together ala carra gerrard

its good some of the young lads are going out on loan. hopefully they wont do a pacheco on it and just fade away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

This game is crazy!

Bijev off, Morgan on. Lussey off, Nacho on.

edit - final change Harry Wilson coming on for Trickett Smith.

• Advertisement

Heard an Ice Cream truck there, bet Brendan and Pascoe are running for it as I speak.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Heard an Ice Cream truck there, bet Brendan and Pascoe are running for it as I speak.

They probably can afford a cone but with no ice cream or 99 flake.

GTR63 wrote: »

They probably have to sell a reserve before they can get anything.

Turtyturd wrote: »

Assaidi on loan for a Feast Bar or Brunch I'd be happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Who gave this guy access to the forum today?
    sp_1411_clip05.jpg

We all post stuff the way we see it at the time, pulling up posts from 5 years ago to score points is a bit childish fella's.

Assaidi on loan for a Feast Bar or Brunch I'd be happy with it.

Supersplit FTW....or hold out for the reintroduction of Fat Frogs.

Turtyturd wrote: »

Pascoe: I'll have a Feast and a Solero.
    Rodgers: Colin!
    Pascoe: Ok a Mr.Freeze. Do they still make Sparkles?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

We all post stuff the way we see it at the time, pulling up posts from 5 years ago to score points is a bit childish fella's.
    It's fun doing it for yourself, though. Very therapeutic.

Denilson is Alonso with balls, lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'm not childish.

oh, and it's fellas.

:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Who gave this guy access to the forum today?
    sp_1411_clip05.jpg

Funny though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement