Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

MD1990 wrote: »
    Owen,James & McManaman all think Liverpool will finish 4th

Really? It really is our year so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

My mistook I should have said we were the first club from the northern hemisphere to have won it.:D

Incredible. How do you function on a daily basis?! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

My mistook I should have said we were the first club from the northern hemisphere to have won it.:D

Still not making any sense.

In any case; the delusion is strong in this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

What are you blathering on about?

Here you might need this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

cson wrote: »

What was it bush said, fool me once...:D

I think our friend is possibly mixing up the Northern Hemisphere with Northern Ireland Europe, a common mistake for this type of delusional supporter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Hagar the Nice.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Incredible. How do you function on a daily basis?! :confused:
    Very easily,try it sometimes.
    cson wrote: »

delusion,May 25 1967.oh,have you forgotten,its OK,you are forgiven.
    jenno86 wrote: »
    What are you blathering on about?

Here you might need this.
    Do you read,if not then try Specsavers then.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Get yourself a globe and try again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Its like he's fcukin twelve!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

What was it bush said, fool me once...:D

I think our friend is possibly mixing up the Northern Hemisphere with Northern Ireland Europe, a common mistake for this type of delusional supporter.

Uh..are you serious?? I think you'll find the equator runs along Northern France.

Pfft. Idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Just out of curiosity, what age are you?

And on it goes, still oblivious to his incredible mistake.
    Please, will the Mods take the appropriate steps to get him some serious help.
    When are the schools back by the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

daithijjj wrote: »
    Sturridge and Mignolet were absolute necessities, what kind of club goes around saying "we got away it" re not having another striker?, and we know now Mignolet was a like for like replacement. Toure hasnt played much in 2 years and was unwanted by his club. Coutinho has been very good.

But has the summer addressed our problems?. Not even close. Club is running on fumes.

The players we got in the last two windows have improved the team, but I agree we need to do more. After a lot of the signings in the Kenny/Roy era, I cant blame FSG for not being too flash this summer. A lot of money wasted on donkeys by the last the managers.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

This thread is a hoot, a hoot I tells ya!

I do sit in,I sit in watching us beat Liverpool with 8 players 20 or under,6 of them being reserve regs,I watch us winning v Barcelona,Spartak Moscow,Lyon,Juventus,Man Utd,Shakter Donetzk,Ajax,and countless other top European clubs over the years,would any other mid table EPL club manage that,no I don't think so,and that's with us (Celtic) with £2 million a year from winning the SPL and over a million from TV rights.
    We get our main income from the CL games,God knows how good we'd be if we did get into the EPL,it won't happen quite simply because we would be a top 8 club within 3 years and top 4 within 6 years,that's why England keeps us out.
    Having said that,I'm happy to see us stay in Scotland,I've always been proud that we were the first ever club from the northern hemisphere to win the European Cup,that will always stay with me.

And you said Lloyds post was funny....

Deary me,there was me on another post the other day praising both sets of fans at Saturdays game,mmm,now they smell blood.
    Btw,why were Liverpool fans so quiet on Saturday,I know its probably the first time that around 85% of you guys have seen Liverpool in the flesh but once in a while you are allowed to sing something other than YNWA.
    We had about 8k of fans at the A viva and still out sung you,likewise when we played you in the UEFA cup at An field,come on guys,don't be pipsqueaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

On a different note lads what do ye make of the BT coverage so far? cant believe they have James on, hasn't a clue and talks alot of nonsense and Owen just doesn't have the personality or ability to be a co commentator!

Tomorrow we have the two times tables

Deary me,there was me on another post the other day praising both sets of fans at Saturdays game,mmm,now they smell blood.
    Btw,why were Liverpool fans so quiet on Saturday,I know its probably the first time that around 85% of you guys have seen Liverpool in the flesh but once in a while you are allowed to sing something other than YNWA.
    We had about 8k of fans at the A viva and still out sung you,likewise when we played you in the UEFA cup at An field,come on guys,don't be pipsqueaks.

Us Southern Hemisphere folk can't sing. Something to do with the magnetic field

The players we got in the last two windows have improved the team, but I agree we need to do more. After a lot of the signings in the Kenny/Roy era, I cant blame FSG for not being too flash this summer. A lot of money wasted on donkeys by the last the managers.

What about by Comolli, a man FSG insisted on hiring? Did he waste any money? And if he did, wouldn't it be fair to say it was their own incompetency that cost them?

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    This thread is a hoot, a hoot I tells ya!

It does give one a new found appreciation of both maths and geography. But the accountancy lessons can be a tad tedious at times, especially the net vs gross spend, and I cant get my head around the loaning costs chapter

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Us Southern Hemisphere folk can't sing. Something to do with the magnetic field
    Now that was funny.10/10 dear boy.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Now that was funny.10/10 dear boy.:D

What is it you think the northern hemisphere is?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Tomorrow we have the two times tables
    Eh OK then but first we can start with 1-0.
    Hahahahaaaaaa.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    What about by Comolli, a man FSG insisted on hiring? Did he waste any money? And if he did, wouldn't it be fair to say it was their own incompetency that cost them?

They were new to the game, Comolli convinced them he was the sh*t. He was full of it and they were duped. Not going to blame FSG for Comolli being a cowboy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

MD1990 wrote: »
    Owen,James & McManaman all think Liverpool will finish 4th

Lol

What is it you think the northern hemisphere is?
    Above the equator,next......

Apologies, but that bit that is crossed out did not happen, he never existed and he never managed Liverpool. Those few months to me are like the 7 blank years on the Tour de France roll of honour, they never happened ;)

My opinion on the transfers is that yes possibly an improvement, but I still have serious reservations about how we will do this season, the jury on BR is still out IMO, he still talks a lot of ****e. I agree that we are trying to play some good football, but I am not sure he knows how to defend. In saying that, I am sure people liked watching Blackpool because they tried to play good football, IMO we still look lightweight, if we hold onto Luis, we can compete higher up the table especially as we look to also have an exceptional number 10. I would also be wary that Gerrard has not looked upto the pace yet, against ordinary teams as well.

Eh OK then but first we can start with 1-0.
    Hahahahaaaaaa.

I like you. You should visit more often

Above the equator,next......

And real madrid, the team that won the first 5 european cups are from ..............?

On second thoughts......as Cilla would say....Tara folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd be shocked if he can find his way a second time.

And real madrid, the team that won the first 5 european cups are from ..............?
    Afghanistan :D

They were new to the game, Comolli convinced them he was the sh*t. He was full of it and they were duped. Not going to blame FSG for Comolli being a cowboy.

How surprising. Excuses being made for FSG.

Be under no illusion, the biggest culprits for monies wasted in the first two windows under FSG, is themselves.

By hiring Comolli they showed they had no clue what they were doing. It appears they are equally clueless now based on our activities in this window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Homer-yells-nerd.gif

Afghanistan :D

Which would make them a northern hemishere team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've always been proud that we were the first ever club from the northern hemisphere to win the European Cup,that will always stay with me.

Speaking of specsavers....
    Look at a Globe, or actually any map of the world.....
    Then, for the sake of us poor confused readers of your posts.
    Point out to us poor geographically unsure folk, exactly which teams from the Southern Hemisphere have ever won the European Cup?
    Actually given that the southern hemisphere refers to anything South of the equator......
    I'd be grateful if you could point out any southern hemisphere team that has ever even competed in European cup?
    Those pesky South Americans and Aussie's winning all the European cups before plucky auld Celtic broke their stranglehold!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

jes lads ye have me looking at a globe at the moment, i thought this was a rafa thread:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Ah ye Celtic fnas were just excited to be playing decent opposition on a Sat in August. Ross County, Liverpool, Aberdeen is much better than Ross County, St. Mirren, Aberdeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Suarez BANS questions over his desperate attempts to quit Liverpool... and tells Uruguay team-mates to keep quiet, too

Luis Suarez has imposed a blanket ban on discussing his attempts to leave Liverpool during the international break.
    The wantaway striker has joined up with the Uruguay squad ahead of Wednesday's friendly against Japan, despite the fact he is carrying a foot injury.
    International breaks are often used by disgruntled players to air their grievances away from the umbrella of their parent clubs.

article-0-1B3DB788000005DC-452_634x456.jpg

But Suarez, who has been vocal in his attempts to leave the club, will this week refuse to answer questions with regards to his future.
    Furthermore, the striker is understood to have asked his team-mates and Uruguay FA to stay silent on the bitter saga.
    Suarez remains desperate to leave Anfield this summer and his agent Pere Guardiola hopes to hold further talks with Merseyside officials by the end of the week in an attempt to finally get his client out of the club.
    As revealed by Sportsmail last week, Arsenal are likely to submit a third offer for Suarez this week - but their bid is set to be south of Liverpool's £50million asking price.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2390599/Luis-Suarez-bans-questions-Liverpool-future-ahead-Uruguay-friendly-Japan.html

I guess Cavani didn't get the Memo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

I'm not sure the players we signed this summer have improved us? Is Toure better than Carra? Is Mignolet better than Reina? Aspas might improve the squad depth according to most on here. Luis Alberto is another who adds depth. But if we lose Suarez we're in bother as regards top 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The Northern Hemisphere comment has me in bits. Comedy gold

northern-hemisphere-contamination.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

The team 'improved' last year because it had Suarez and Gerrard available for a huge amount of time compared to the previous season, it equated to 26/7 full league games in terms of minutes. Pull those players out of Brendan's team last year and how do you think we would have done?.

Worse than Kenny's league season would be my guess.

People can argue about wages etc all they want, fact is money isnt the clubs issue anymore, it turns over more now than it ever did when it was in the CL.

Its plain and simple clout and know how in the game that we are severely undernourished in. We wont go anywhere until that changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The Northern Hemisphere comment has me in bits. Comedy gold

northern-hemisphere-contamination.jpg

:pac:

Awww you ruined it by posting a map :p
    I'm still waiting for Hagar to post up these Southern Hemi teams that Celtic's win broke!

It's amazing that Ryanair can fly to Spain in 2 hours when it's off the coast of Australia.

Technology eh

homolumo wrote: »
    Ah ye Celtic fnas were just excited to be playing decent opposition on a Sat in August. Ross County, Liverpool, Aberdeen is much better than Ross County, St. Mirren, Aberdeen.
    And you will enjoy playing which club in the Europa League........oh wait,no Liverpool.shame really.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Hagar your not living up to your user name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

And you will enjoy playing which club in the Europa League........oh wait,no Liverpool.shame really.:D

Your trolling is even worse than the jokes you post in AH.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

I guess Cavani didn't get the Memo.

He did, but since the section on speaking about Suarez's future was only a verbal agreement he broke his promise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

El Spearo wrote: »
    Actually do many others rate Henderson like I do? Think he's coming along nicely

I think he's awful. The worst midfielder in the 1st team by a distance. But I'd be delighted if someone pulls this quote up in 4 years time in order to ridicule me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

El Spearo wrote: »
    Actually do many others rate Henderson like I do? Think he's coming along nicely

Think he's a useful player.

I do query whether we need both Henderson and Allen though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement