Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

And you will enjoy playing which club in the Europa League........oh wait,no Liverpool.shame really.:D

We havnt the time for the europa league. The copa libertadores is getting in the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Having time to look back on things do you still think you were right in constantly calling for Benitez's head? Do you think it was the right call?

I constantly called for his head when it became clear we were going nowhere with him. His position was untenable by the end of his final season. It's a results oriented business - a 7th place finish after 6 seasons in charge and a shed load of money spent??

He's just not suited to the EPL. His time at Chelsea is further evidence of that IMO, wildly inconsistent results in the league despite having some of the best players in the world in his team (remember Agent Rafa on here?).

But more than anything, his ego is his biggest failing. He's quite a detestable character. It's a big part of why he was sacked from Liverpool and Inter. It's also why he was never going to get the Chelsea job and why he was overlooked for the Liverpool job last time around IMO.

The Falklands away Sunday week should be a cracker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We knew this would happen to some of them when Rangers were taken away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The Falklands away Sunday week should be a cracker

I was looking forward to our game against American Samoa, might sneak a 1-0 there

I guess Cavani didn't get the Memo.

I reckon Suarez doesn't want to risk a club fine. Motivated by money is our south American friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

We havnt the time for the europa league. The copa libertadores is getting in the way.

We'll be the first Northern Hemisphere team to win it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I was looking forward to our game against American Samoa, might sneak a 1-0 there

And Liverpool fans are ridiculed for talking up the past :eek:

Hagar, we have won it 5 times, even since you lot won it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Ardent wrote: »
    I constantly called for his head when it became clear we were going nowhere with him. His position was untenable by the end of his final season. It's a results oriented business - a 7th place finish after 6 seasons in charge and a shed load of money spent??

He's just not suited to the EPL. His time at Chelsea is further evidence of that IMO, wildly inconsistent results in the league despite having some of the best players in the world in his team (remember Agent Rafa on here?).

But more than anything, his ego is his biggest failing. He's quite a detestable character. It's a big part of why he was sacked from Liverpool and Inter. It's also why he was never going to get the Chelsea job and why he was overlooked for the Liverpool job last time around IMO.

iirc you were calling for his head long before his last season

So you think that sacking rafa was the right decision and it worked out well for us?

Looks like the Siqueira signing is nailed on. Is he a better player than Cissohko?

Also, what's the latest on Eriksen? I'm hopeful we'll get him but it's been awfully quiet on that front for a long time now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Can someone flush the toilet and let me know if the water drains clockwise or anti clockwise. Good day Bart??? Shrewth!!!

Looks like the Siqueira signing is nailed on. Is he a better player than Cissohko?

Simple answer ... yes

iirc you were calling for his head long before his last season

So you think that sacking rafa was the right decision and it worked out well for us?

You recall incorrectly.

Let me answer your bullshít question with another bullshít question: do you think a 7th place finish is acceptable for a club of LFC's standing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Also, what's the latest on Eriksen? I'm hopeful we'll get him but it's been awfully quiet on that front for a long time now.

That must be our 15th left back of the window now!!

Eriksen is just pie in the sky stuff talked up by dreamers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Eh OK then but first we can start with 1-0.
    Hahahahaaaaaa.

You know it was only a friendly, yeah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭tap28

I was very optimistic at the start of the transfer widow that we would really strengthen our first team.

Unless a miricle happens we are going to struggle to score enough goals and I fear that we will again be vulnerable to strong running through our midfield.

On the other hand, I am so happy I have a new sig:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

You recall incorrectly.

Let me answer your bullshít question with another bullshít question: do you think a 7th place finish is acceptable for a club of LFC's standing?

So you think Rodgers should be sacked?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Bullfrogs? That's a silly name. I'd have called them chuzwuzzahs!

Hard not to feel sorry for poor Hagar. I think this is him, if his geography comprehension is anything to go by

sport-graphics-2007_702030a.jpg

Yes, I know it is shopped, still funny though.

You recall incorrectly.

last season or this coming season ? I dont think 7th this season is acceptable.

But the real crux of the matter really is it the manager not signing players or is it FSG ? TBH I think the manager and scouts know we need new players in but i thing FSG are tight arses after getting burnt before. but they should be backing the manager

• Advertisement

do ya's think we should get Agger to throw Suarez out a windowz?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭tap28

Mr Alan wrote: »

Not in his first year, end of year two possibly, end of year three definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Theres a suarez discussion on newsnight on bbc :confused:

Actually more of loyalty/agent discussion

You recall incorrectly.

You sure about that?

all a year after competing in the Champions League Final and during the season when we finished 2nd in the league. Your opinion on Kuyt is also pretty clueless tbf

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57059307&postcount=193

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57099073&postcount=261

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57320455&postcount=108

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58166120&postcount=126

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58263908&postcount=6929

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58342755&postcount=79

Got bored reading this tripe after a while

So again, after finally getting your wish and rafa getting sacked was it a good thing for the club? Have we moved forward?

Nope. He deserves another season at the very least. He also needs to be backed in the summer transfer market this time around. If after all that there are no signs of improvement, then we can question if he's the right guy for the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

No I don't think it is. I think he quite gettable actually but I don't think we are in for him. Any rumours to do with Eriksen involve Spurs at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Eriksen is an achievable target, strangely he doesn't seem to be in demand considering he has one year left on his contract and is quality.

You sure about that?

all a few months after competing in the Champions League Final and during the season when we finished 2nd in the league. Your opinion Kuyt is also pretty clueless tbf

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57059307&postcount=193

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57099073&postcount=261

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57320455&postcount=108

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58166120&postcount=126

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58263908&postcount=6929

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58342755&postcount=79

Got bored reading this tripe after a while

So again, after finally getting your wish and rafa getting sacked was it a good thing for the club? Have we moved forward?

You are so sad. Was that the best you could find? How long did that take you? LOL.

Thanks for proving my point.

You are so sad. Was that the best you could find? How long did that take you? LOL.

Thanks for proving my point.

about 1 minute the great thing was i didnt need to filter through your posts they were all pretty much the same crap, some about of bile regarding Riise aswell

So are we better off for sacking Rafa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Ahhh, Meltdown Monday, you didn't disappoint afterall :D

about 1 minute the great thing was i didnt need to filter through your posts they were all pretty much the same crap, some about of bile regarding Riise aswell

So are we better off for sacking Rafa?

We are certainly no worse off buddy.

Now goodnight to you, I'm not spending any more time tonight bickering with the likes of you, life's too short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This thread is becoming an embarrassment.

This thread is becoming an embarrassment.

Normal service will be resumed on Saturday/transfer deadline day -
    i.e. whichever is the bigger disappointment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Just seen this as I was browsing through this thread...

... time for that marquee signing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

People were calling for his head in his 3rd season and even Hicks and Gillett thought they could get away with sacking him for Klinsmann of all people.

I personally never saw Rafa as a detestable character it's each to their own, personally I'd find Mourinho a detestable character and his ego cost him the Chelsea and Madrid jobs.

Rodgers has to raise us because after four years of finishing 7-6-8-7 and point totals in them seasons of 63-58-52-61 with a points average of 58.5 we area now buried in the mid lower top half. In the preceding four seasons for example we finished 3-3-4-2 and points of 82-68-76-86 with a points average of 78. We are still within touching distance of Arsenal and Spurs and we need to bridge the performance gap to get around the 70 point mark this year for progress. Anything other than a fast start considering the fixtures we have will make a lot of people nervous about Rodgers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I'm new enough to this thread but I think I'm noticing a trend here, you seem to be on the scene to defend Alans honour, are you his minder or what's the deal?

No, I am completely impartial. I am personally sick of the childish nature in which some posters here actually appear to be adopting school yard bullying tactics when it comes to Alan's posts.

Ps. I am not new to this thread. I have been posting here for close to 10 years but the volume of my posts have dropped significantly in recent seasons as the overall quality of posters here has deteriorated.

audman wrote: »
    Just seen this as I was browsing through this thread...

... time for that marquee signing :D

The one in the bottom right looks a quality signing, covers plenty of the pitch and does the job simply. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Rafa gave us some great nights, but he's gone....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDwzDo2emyIgqN8dgxS0rguA8bhNsKvGoHS2iJNhneRcNjj4Ln

Onto actual....stuff. We are playing the geordies behind closed doors tomorrow and mclaghlin/texiera/sama are rumoured to be invloved, all 3 should have been on the tour imo so its a chance for them to impress.
    Tex and ryan definately have the potential to make it here and be good players for us in the future, samas career here is hanging by a thread id say and needs a big game. Will be difficulty to find details of it tomorrow id imagine

Now goodnight to you, I'm not spending any more time tonight bickering with the likes of you, life's too short.

At least (some) others that were stupid enough to call for rafa's head have had the balls to admit they were wrong its the idiots like you that still try and justify it that annoys me most.

Your history of posting on the topic of Liverpool speaks for itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I do sit in,I sit in watching us beat Liverpool with 8 players 20 or under,6 of them being reserve regs,I watch us winning v Barcelona,Spartak Moscow,Lyon,Juventus,Man Utd,Shakter Donetzk,Ajax,and countless other top European clubs over the years,would any other mid table EPL club manage that,no I don't think so,and that's with us (Celtic) with £2 million a year from winning the SPL and over a million from TV rights.
    We get our main income from the CL games,God knows how good we'd be if we did get into the EPL,it won't happen quite simply because we would be a top 8 club within 3 years and top 4 within 6 years,that's why England keeps us out.
    Having said that,I'm happy to see us stay in Scotland,I've always been proud that we were the first ever club from the northern hemisphere to win the European Cup,that will always stay with me.

Erm, werent Real madrid the first Northern hemisphere club to win the European Cup, in fact the first 5 of them.

And to the best of my knowledge no Southern hemisphere club has yet won it. Unless i missed a few years while high on that emirates weed...

Edit. Beaten to it. Thankfully..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

We sacked Rafa?

What year are we in?

ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It's so ****ing incredibly depressing. Made all the worse by a lot of people pretending it ain't that bad :(

Does anyone know if there is truth in Rogers wanting to keep Downing but the owners deciding that he wasn't contributing enough for his wages?

Does anyone know if there is truth in Rogers wanting to keep Downing but the owners deciding that he wasn't contributing enough for his wages?

1 "itk" guy said it on twitter as far as im aware, karlton81 is his twitter i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Only been mentioned on Twitter so I wouldn't be lending it much credence for the time being. If there's anything in it I'm sure we'll hear more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

mj-laughing.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

klose wrote: »
    1 "itk" guy said it on twitter as far as im aware, karlton81 is his twitter i think.

I don't know much about the lad himself but just to say looking back through his tweets. He said a few days back that Downing was due to have a medical at West Ham but Rodger's had talked to him and said he wanted him to stay so it was cancelled. After he had the medical today he said that Rodger's had been overruled. Now it seems quite convenient that it all suits his narrative or more likely he's having to make it up as he goes.

Edit - btw guy on twitter that gave the shout about the medical yesterday that I posted last night which turned out to be true was @Jay_78_

Opr

Hypothetical situation. Ignoring the fact that we're going to sign Siqueira (hopefully) and assume Suarez ends up staying as nobody wants to sign someone like him and the squad stays as it is. You're given £15m to spend. Who is the one player we could look to buy in that price range that will be a clear improvement in the starting eleven? I was half thinking someone who could challenge Lucas but I think Papa* would be an upgrade on Skrtel this season if he can get over his injuries. Wouldn't be the most sensible use of the funds but would buy us a bit more steel which we lack somewhat.

*If Lucas can't replicate his past form I'd probably look at picking up someone like Lars Bender but he'd probably go a couple of million more than £15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Hypothetical situation. Ignoring the fact that we're going to sign Siqueira (hopefully) and assume Suarez ends up staying as nobody wants to sign someone like him and the squad stays as it is. You're given £15m to spend. Who is the one player we could look to buy in that price range that will be a clear improvement in the starting eleven? I was half thinking someone who could challenge Lucas but I think Papa* would be an upgrade on Skrtel this season if he can get over his injuries. Wouldn't be the most sensible use of the funds but would buy us a bit more steel which we lack somewhat.

*If Lucas can't replicate his past form I'd probably look at picking up someone like Lars Bender but he'd probably go a couple of million more than £15.

This type of posts baffles me, I don't understand how your not going mental considering the state you are in and what has happened over the summer.

You've gone from 2nd in 08-09 to finishing

7th
    6th
    8th
    7th

Not having a go at you personally but it's not a time for hypothetical siutations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Heh, Bender :pac:

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    This type of posts baffles me, I don't understand how your not going mental considering the state you are in and what has happened over the summer.

You've gone from 2nd in 08-09 to finishing

7th
    6th
    8th
    7th

Not having a go at you personally but it's not a time for hypothetical siutations

Fair point but a large portion of this thread has become farcical with people singling out others for viewpoints and it gets tired and repetitive. We're not going to sign two or three first team players between now and deadline day nor do I expect us to challenge for CL at minimum with our current squad. Would rather discuss one realistic player who would make a big difference to the team then talk ad nauseum about any of the following:

Suarez
    Rafa
    Net Spend
    Wage Trimming
    Petit sniping at particular posters

Not the time for hypothetical situations, fair point, however, I'd take posts looking for sensible input over the nonsense that's crept/lept into this thread. (I'm more of a reader then a poster in here).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement