Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Willian and Sakho would make this an excellent summer, despite all that went on before it. Simple as. To quote myself on Twitter yesterday morning, I hope we throw the kitchen sink at Willianboth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Twitter explosion of suarez saying he has been convinced to stay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

The last time this guy was quoted they turned out to be fake but this is from his official twitter account. He's the guy who interviewed Suarez a while back.
    @MartinCharquero "Support of Liverpool fans in the last few weeks has influenced Suarez's decision, contract extension in the pipeline"

Pay bump and U-turn incoming? :eek:

Opr

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

If true, bet you there is an actual clause this time re: CL and if so, moving to a club abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

opr wrote: »
    The last time this guy was quoted they turned out to be fake but this is from his official twitter account. He's the guy who interviewed Suarez a while back.

Opr

New contract basically means guaranteed unequivocal get out clause for x amount to any CL team outside England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

apology should be interesting

up yours arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Suarez contract extension. Amazing, haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

there will definetley be a release clause in the contract i would think

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Luis Suarez tells @MartinCharquero he won't be leaving Liverpool and will probably extend his Liverpool contract.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Willian and Sakho would make this an excellent summer, despite all that went on before it. Simple as. To quote myself on Twitter yesterday morning, I hope we throw the kitchen sink at Willianboth.

Leave the sink where it is and let us throw the dirty plates, bowls, dishes, cutlery, etc...
    The sink is the foundation of our transfer kitty, let us throw the money that we got for Downing, Carroll (dirty dishes) at both.

MD1990 wrote: »
    there will definetley be a release clause in the contract i would think

£40m +£1.

daithijjj wrote: »
    New contract basically means guaranteed unequivocal get out clause for x amount to any CL team outside England.

Do we really care? If it means hanging onto him for another year he can have whatever clauses he likes.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

We should stick a keep your nose clean clause into the contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

daithijjj wrote: »

You could smile atleast

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    We should stick a keep your nose clean clause into the contract.

I doubt Robbie would see it the same way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Quote:

Men Of Shankly ‏@MenOfShankly 2m
    Is it a coincidence that on the day Downing leaves Suarez all of a sudden wants to sign a new contract? #LFC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Maybe I'm getting my hopes up, maybe I'm delusional but...

Talk of Suarez signing extension and apologises ( still think he's sullied his bib and will never be a true Anfield legend), talk of us being interested Willian amongst others, Downing gone...

This can't be a coincidence, can it?? I mean I imagine one of the things Suarez would want before signing another deal (aside from a cast iron release clause) is to see who is coming in, who the club are negotiating with, or am I getting my hopes up too much

There's a lot of juicy rumours in the thread right now. I refuse to get my hopes up, though.

Grayditch wrote: »
    There's a lot of juicy rumours in the thread right now. I refuse to get my hopes up, though.

True, they could be all BOLLOCKS BALLOCKS BOLLOX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Eh so anyone know how to unburn a jersey?

I mean I imagine one of the things Suarez would want before signing another deal (aside from a cast iron release clause) is to see who is coming in, who the club are negotiating with, or am I getting my hopes up too much

Yeah, I'd say so. The chap doesn't give a rats what we're doing, and contract "Extention" ain't going to happen. Maybe some sort of alteration that people are mentioning, coupled with us giving him a load of money is probably the only way to make it work til January, maybe.

Maybe I'm getting my hopes up, maybe I'm delusional but...

Talk of Suarez signing extension and apologises ( still think he's sullied his bib and will never be a true Anfield legend), talk of us being interested Willian amongst others, Downing gone...

This can't be a coincidence, can it?? I mean I imagine one of the things Suarez would want before signing another deal (aside from a cast iron release clause) is to see who is coming in, who the club are negotiating with, or am I getting my hopes up too much

Sit 'Hope', sit boy! Don't be getting up too soon, you're just a puppy yet. Sit boy, sit! Good boy, good boy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

audman wrote: »
    Sit 'Hope', sit boy! Don't be getting up too soon, you're just a puppy yet. Sit boy, sit! Good boy, good boy :)

No...Our year lads...our year

At least until the next crushing disappointment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

klose wrote: »
    You could smile atleast

tumblr_lai4k4a9wG1qe0eclo1_r2_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

oh lord...

I can't wait for the Suarez saga to come out on box set for me to show the grandkids...

itll be along side the sopranos and house as greatest boxset ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Do we really care? If it means hanging onto him for another year he can have whatever clauses he likes.

Opr

so you dont mind if they put in a £5m release clause?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Hopefully Suarez wont be getting this guy to negotiate his new contract...

hutz_pointing.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Opr

£1 a week extra.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZ_n3YRCh1YOIcmY-a2Gbm1Sb7doE_-4Z6FllSdH8K1LwsQvmt

If there is one, they need to keep the new contract simple.

No Kicking
    No Screaming
    No Biting
    Permission to join any club from the Southern Hemisphere, who've won the Champion's League.

• Advertisement

If there is one, they need to keep the new contract simple.

No Kicking
    No Screaming
    No Biting
    Permission to join any club from the Southern Hemisphere, who've won the Champion's League.

No cursing. e.g. BOLLOX, BOLLOCKS or BALLOCKS.

event wrote: »
    so you dont mind if they put in a £5m release clause?

Pedantic land called and wants its post back ;)

He'll obviously have a decent release clause. Even if it was on the low end I'd be happy. The utility of having him for another season is worth far more than any money we get in now as we simply can't spend it effectively. Even without CL football we'll be in the same position next year only with a year of scouting to spend the incoming money or best case scenario we finish top 4 and can buy players who want CL football.

Keeping him for another year is a win/win for us.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

He'll obviously have a decent release clause. Even if it was on the low end I'd be happy. The utility of having him for another season is worth far more than any money we get in now as we simply can't spend it effectively. Even without CL football we'll be in the same position next year only with a year of scouting to spend the incoming money or best case scenario we finish top 4 and can buy players who want CL football.

Opr

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Here's the journo's tweet.
    Martin Charquero ‏@MartinCharquero 44m
    Luis Suárez ve como probable una renovación (extension) del contrato que lo une a Liverpool.

Google translate
    Luis Suarez looks like probably a renewal (extension) of the contract that binds him to Liverpool

For the accountants worried about him being paid extra, be happy it's been offset by all the sales this summer.

Opr

ah I was only messing.

Will be interesting if there is a clause though. If liverpool are refusing to sell at 40m, will they want it to be 50m? Suarez might not want it that high as there are not a lot of clubs that would pay that money for any striker.
    A lot of negotiating over that one i'd say

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    +1

+2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ah I was only messing.

Will be interesting if there is a clause though. If liverpool are refusing to sell at 40m, will they want it to be 50m? Suarez might not want it that high as there are not a lot of clubs that would pay that money for any striker.
    A lot of negotiating over that one i'd say

If Suarez has another good season like last year, stays out of trouble and then has a good world cup then clubs will be fighting over him for £50m next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Keeping Suarez while signing Willian, Sakho and Siqueira...one can dream!

If Rodgers can do all those amazing bits of business this window, they'll be the best bits of business he'll do this window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I dunno when was lui ment to have said this about staying shur is he not in japan didnt he ban everyone else from talking about his situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ffs lads! I had to explain the Unicorn Enrique picture to someone today, I'd much rather get stuck explaining some inappropriate gifs than that.
    It's all a load of bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

If Rodgers can do all those amazing bits of business this window, they'll be the best bits of business he'll do this window.

It`d be like a new signing...................by actually being one. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I think we are the ones getting trolled. Another window of 'holding onto our best players is like a new signing' bollOx.

Q.E.D

murpho999 wrote: »
    If Suarez has another good season like last year, stays out of trouble and then has a good world cup then clubs will be fighting over him for £50m next year.

its easy saying that, but there probably wont.

You look at the elite clubs in Europe and/or those with money to spend:

Bayern - There is serious talk they will get lewandowski next year.
    PSG - This year they spent €64m on Cavani, I dont think they'll spend another €60m next year
    Monaco - They spent €60m on Falcao, same as above.
    Real Madrid - They could do it. Depends if they get Bale. If they dont get him this year, Id imagine all their focus will be on him next year. But again if Ronaldo were to go, they'd need a new big signing.
    barcelona - Spent €57m on Neymar. Could do it again.

The 50m barrier has only been broken 5 times, I think people seriously under estimate how much money it is to spend on a player.
    Tak into account these supposed financial fair play rules, there wont be loads of clubs with that money to spend.

Most clubs in the world will want him but at £50m, there wont be lots of clubs fighting over him IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

In the unlikely event this is all true, I'd image the extension will clarify his clause, and overrule the necessity for an apology.

Would the majority be happy with that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

its easy saying that, but there probably wont.

You look at the elite clubs in Europe and/or those with money to spend:

Bayern - There is serious talk they will get lewandowski next year.
    PSG - This year they spent €64m on Cavani, I dont think they'll spend another €60m next year
    Monaco - They spent €60m on Falcao, same as above.
    Real Madrid - They could do it. Depends if they get Bale. If they dont get him this year, Id imagine all their focus will be on him next year. But again if Ronaldo were to go, they'd need a new big signing.
    barcelona - Spent €57m on Neymar. Could do it again.

The 50m barrier has only been broken 5 times, I think people seriously under estimate how much money it is to spend on a player.
    Tak into account these supposed financial fair play rules, there wont be loads of clubs with that money to spend.

Most clubs in the world will want him but at £50m, there wont be lots of clubs fighting over him IMO

Personally, I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised to see Monaco or PSG splash crazy money again. Even in January.

Its one of those clubs that will spend over the odds for someone like Suarez rather than Barca, Bayern or Real Madrid where he would never be a priority signing.

yeah thats true, you cant rule out PSG/monaco going nuts again with money.

Im just looking at Cavani and Falcao, two amazing strikers too and yet there wasnt a queue of clubs willing to pay their fees. Im not saying they arent worth it, but just that its a lot of money and I reckon his advisors would be reluctant to commit to a large release fee.
    Like look at this season, he had a great year but only arsenal were willing to bid for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

500 quid to pull his teeth out would settle alot of anxiety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Would love us to get Willian, would be a major coup.

On the conversation about our squad this year versus last year, last January is the key.

From Stephens day onwards, we were neck and neck with Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs - from when we got our new signings onwards, we'd have been within 3 points of 3rd. Obviously the progress, it requires Coutinho and Sturridge to continue their form, but the same can be said of every teams best players. The bottom line is our squad now is a lot stronger than last August, even prior to getting the new players we're expecting.

Yes, I'm being glass half full about this, but fuckit, why not?

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Would love us to get Willian, would be a major coup.

On the conversation about our squad this year versus last year, last January is the key.

From Stephens day onwards, we were neck and neck with Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs - from when we got our new signings onwards, we'd have been within 3 points of 3rd. Obviously the progress, it requires Coutinho and Sturridge to continue their form, but the same can be said of every teams best players. The bottom line is our squad now is a lot stronger than last August, even prior to getting the new players we're expecting.

Yes, I'm being glass half full about this, but fuckit, why not?
    If yous hang on to Suarez and Arsenal continue this baffling transfer window then I don't see yous being much behind this season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement