Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

If we had any chance of getting soldado, we should be doing everything possible to sign him......we should have the money to spend unless the owners are holding funds back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

How about Quaqlierella from Juve? Possibly surplus to requirements now they have Tevez and Llorente, very versatile, wouldn't cost much, decent addition to the squad...alongside whoever we get to replace Suarez.

pm1977x wrote: »
    How about Quaqlierella from Juve? Possibly surplus to requirements now they have Tevez and Llorente, very versatile, wouldn't cost much, decent addition to the squad...alongside whoever we get to replace Suarez.

We need genuine quality now, not squad players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

People need to understand that before the Suarez news we needed at least two or three first team players to have any hope of competing.

Nothing had changed.

If Suarez goes then the two or three payers needs to become five or six first teamers, and even at that everyone is gonna have to hit the ground running if we have any hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

So LFC want Soldado. Valencia want the cash in one lump sum. But Soldado probably prefers Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Silly stats.
    Oh silly stats
    What are they feeding you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Leiva wrote: »
    It's 72hrs since rumoured that the Spurs deal got stalled due to an LFC request:

That figure would be enough for the Valencia, its what they said they would hold till they got,
    I still think its horses*it though and there isn't any genuine interest

ush wrote: »
    So LFC want Soldado. Valencia want the cash in one lump sum. But Soldado probably prefers Spurs.

Have you got a link? Just curious because i haven't seen it mentioned anywhere outside twitter,

Silly stats.
    Oh silly stats

Someone get Leiva out of the sun.....quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

People need to understand that before the Suarez news we needed at least two or three first team players to have any hope of competing.

Nothing had changed.

If Suarez goes then the two or three payers needs to become five or six first teamers, and even at that everyone is gonna have to hit the ground running if we have any hope.

So you think 3 players are required to replace Suarez?

Will the rules of football be changed now so that we can play a 4-3-6 formation?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Who cares if it's £30m? If he'll score goals that might help us get top 4 it'll be worth it hands down.

To progress to the next level we are going to have to spend big at some stage

thats fine if he does that. then theres the Andy Carroll argument "who cares if he costs £35m"

NukaCola wrote: »
    Have you got a link? Just curious because i haven't seen it mentioned anywhere outside twitter,

No link. But I've got Ian Ayre on line one, Soldado is on hold on line two. I'm trying to broker this. So give me some support instead of getting snotty.

thats fine if he does that. then theres the Andy Carroll argument "who cares if he costs £35m"

You know well rightly that the owners are far more cautious with their money and the club is in a healthy place financially. Soldado is no Carroll either so the comparisment stops there.

Remember, we are fans not the LFC financial gurus.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/mirror-reds-eye-soldado

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/metro-reds-rival-spurs-for-striker

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/talksport-reds-to-beat-spurs-to-star

There you go. You obviously weren't curious enough to google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Real Madrid talked with Suarez.
    LiverpoolFC News (@LFCTransferNRS)
    7/26/13, 2:08 PM
    Real Madrid are still in for Suarez & they spoke to Suarez's reps over the weekend, just to say they were still there. (via @RorySmithTimes)

Assaidi...
    Dutch Football (@DutchftLeague)
    7/26/13, 10:35 AM
    Next to FC Twente and Feyenoord, a third Belgium club: Anderlecht has entered the race for #lfc winger Assaidi.

So give me some support instead of getting snotty.

There you go. You obviously weren't curious enough to google it.

Wow......last time i'll ask you a question......

Wow......last time i'll ask you a question......

Great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Genuine question. Do you think that under Rodger's system we could accommodate both Sturridge and Soldado in the starting 11?

For me, Sturridge is one of the best players at the club and should be on the starting team sheet every week if possible (especially if Suarez leaves( . If he would be fighting for a single position with Soldado, then would it not make more sense to bring who's can play RWF/LWF/In behind Sturridge? Similar to what Raif is saying, I guess.

Genuine question. Do you think that under Rodger's system we could accommodate both Sturridge and Soldado in the starting 11?

For me, Sturridge is one of the best players at the club and should be on the starting team sheet every week if possible (especially if Suarez leaves( . If he would be fighting for a single position with Soldado, then would it not make more sense to bring who's can play RWF/LWF/In behind Sturridge? Similar to what Raif is saying, I guess.

Sure they could, I'm sure he could tinker the team somewhat to make place for him!

• Advertisement

Comparing Soldado to Carroll is silliness in the extreme, even worse than the comparison of McLeish to Rodgers made by Rossie earlier today

We can. But I'm not a Fan of it.

Sturridge has certainly Played RW for Chelsea and had some Success there. But his Time here, has not been as Good in that Position.

We'll also Lose his Pace at the Top, if he gets shunted wide to accommodate Soldado.

It's the Daily Star, but eff it! I'm going to Pray anyway :D
    LiverpoolFF (@LiverpoolFF)
    7/26/13, 4:56 PM
    Liverpool are open a Karim Benzema + cash deal for Luis Suarez. (Daily Star)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I hate Twitter.

Once upon a time there were internet rumours, now there are twitter rumours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Silly stats.
    Oh silly stats
    If there's no thanks here from princess consuela bananahammock I'll eat my hat!

I won't really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

It's the Daily Star, but eff it! I'm going to Pray anyway :D

I saw this earlier on. Wasn't bothered posting it LOL.

I will say a few prayers with you :)

We can. But I'm not a Fan of it.

Sturridge has certainly Played RW for Chelsea and had some Success there. But his Time here, has not been as Good in that Position.

We'll also Lose his Pace at the Top, if he gets shunted wide to accommodate Soldado.

It was at RW he had his best form for Chelsea imo under AVB. Its exactly the type of thing Rodgers wants, a speed merchant left footer on the RW cutting in.

How much has he played there under Rodgers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

dr ro wrote: »

Would you eat it in front of the GPO

Soldado and Benzema and loan out Borini.

billy2012 wrote: »

They've already sold one forward, sell another to push through the Suarez deal?
    I don't know who ye're going praying to, but best of luck with it :pac:

• Advertisement

Hidalgo wrote: »
    It was at RW he had his best form for Chelsea imo under AVB. Its exactly the type of thing Rodgers wants, a speed merchant left footer on the RW cutting in.

How much has he played there under Rodgers?

Exactly.

I think he would be perfect for it, saying that, I do still believe his best position is CF. And obviously we all know how he feels about it.

I can't think of to many that would do a better job out there than Sturridge on his day.

I think it more important for the wide players of the 3 to be the pacier as they normally get space when the CF drops deep like Suarez.

Making room for Bale and Suarez. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

amber69 wrote: »
    dr ro wrote: »

Would you eat it in front of the GPO
    yes.

no.

Making room for Bale and Suarez. :eek:

They're not buying both this summer

I just think he would be perfect!! I know I'm wasting my time.....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Once upon a time there were internet rumours, now there are twitter rumours.

It's a load if ****ing bollox. The hysteria in here then when one surfaces!

More Twitter just for Grayditch.

Real Madrid on Suarez.
    Rory Smith (@RorySmithTimes)
    7/26/13, 1:28 PM
    @AudaciousStunt They're not back in. They're still in. No bid as yet though. Perez still making up his mind.

7/26/13, 1:30 PM
    @AudaciousStunt That I don't know. They spoke to them over the weekend, just to say they were still there.

7/26/13, 2:03 PM
    @RaksMistry @jagdesh There should be. They're still there. No bid as yet, but they've reassured Suarez's people one *may* come.

Rise Of The Kop (@RiseOfTheKop)
    7/26/13, 12:48 PM
    Suarez has told #LFC he wants his future resolved in the next 48 hours. (Telegraph)

Martin Kelly to stay in Bangkok?
    Liverpool FC
    @LFC
    Martin Kelly receives marriage proposal in Bangkok: @MartinKelly1990
    BQHm8WuCIAAoAdR.jpg:large

Suso sends his regards...
    suso30fernandez (@suso30fernandez)
    7/26/13, 6:30 PM
    Its such a nice thing all the pictures about Liverpool's support.
    Always the best support in every country..
    YNWA

Rodgers...
    Kopwatch (@KOPWATCH)
    7/26/13, 12:51 AM
    Rodgers: “We will continue to work on improving our squad rather than breaking it up.” #LFC

Stevie G
    "The support this time has gone to a new level. I've obviously experienced unbelievable support throughout the years but over the course of the three places (Jakarta, Melbourne & Bangkok) we've been it's been mind-blowing." - Steven Gerrard

"What's been enjoyable for me is to see the new players' reaction. When they sign for Liverpool they know they're signing for a big football club, but when you go to places like Indonesia, Australia and Thailand, you can see on their faces how huge it is." - Steven Gerrard

"They're blown away by the size of this football club. It hits home then what they need to do to become regulars at this football club." - Steven Gerrard

Arsenal to break Piggy Bank?
    Sam Rhodes (@SamuelRhodes_)
    7/26/13, 5:32 PM
    With regard to Suarez, according to my colleague Ben Bloom. Arsenal are hoping to sign Suarez ASAP thus ready to pay the £50 mill asking tag

Berbard $$$
    Billy Liddell ‏@Liddellpool 1m
    Bernard will only be allowed to leave for a fee of £22million, according to Atletico Mineiro director Eduardo Maluf.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

How are Liverpool doing for money? I read that They've posted losses of about 40m the last two seasons is this true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

There has been about as much truth to the rumour of Suarez to Madrid as there has been about Soldado to Liverpool.

At the moment, I dont see us moving for anybody, and Suarez is only being tapped up Arsenal.

There has been about as much truth to the rumour of Suarez to Madrid as there has been about Soldado to Liverpool.

At the moment, I dont see us moving for anybody, and Suarez is only being tapped up Arsenal.

Link?

• Advertisement

I just think he would be perfect!! I know I'm wasting my time.....:)

Into the realms of fantasy here but if we have to lose luis, Benzema + throw money at Everton for Fallini and a starting centre half.

Enrique
    Poolwatch (@Lfcpool)
    7/26/13, 03:51 AM
    Barcelona linked with surprise move for Liverpool's left back.” #LFC

Link?

I'm on the phone to Madrid as we speak......i'll pm you the details in a min.......

Enrique

Doesn't seem to be a Barca type of full back. I call bull sh1t

I'm on the phone to Madrid as we speak......i'll pm you the details in a min.......

I see what you did there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Enrique

But...but...but...he's no good, allegedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Enrique

Alba and adriano are miles better then him and more fitted to their style. Vintage silly season stuff right there

Turtyturd wrote: »
    But...but...but...he's no good, allegedly.

Passable enough on the left of the front three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Jesus Barca buy a centre back ffs, buy two of them aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

Is there anything to be said for a decade of the rosary? Just to help things along.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement