Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

No Bid yet for Willian but close to Siqueira.
    @JamesPearceEcho 2m
    #LFC have made an enquiry for Anzhi's Willian but no bid yet. Deal for Granada left-back Guilherme Siqueira is close to completion.

Sakho...
    et French Football (@GFN_France)
    8/14/13, 2:00 AM
    Confirmed: Liverpool have approached both Mamadou Sakho and PSG about signing the player we understand. #LFC #PSG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Eto'o is only paying 13% on his £8 million?

My god, that's Wall Street CEO take home pay esque.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Keeping Suarez and buying lads. They're clearly reading this thread. Good job, men.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Oranage2 wrote: »
    any ideas on starting XI I'd like to see.
    Mignolet
    Johnson toure agger enrique
    lucas gerrard
    aspas Allen coutinho
    sturridge

Would be my guess

ye i think it will be that, but I think lucas gerrard allen is too defensive for a home game we expect to win.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Who made the Amazing Run for the Japanese Side that almost had an Assist, was it Kagawa?

Going by the commentator, yeah it was. Multiple tabs and Twitter is distracting me so I didn't see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Quick thinking by Suarez there for that goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I don't think Sturridge will be risked to start on Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Lose to Celtic, thread goes into meltdown and all doom and gloom. Get linked to a few players, thread goes into hyper drive and a top 4 finish is in sight ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Vanolder wrote: »
    Lose to Celtic, thread goes into meltdown and all doom and gloom. Get linked to a few players, thread goes into hyper drive and a top 4 finish is in sight ... :)
    Our year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

...fail to land any of said players, draw 0-0 at home to Stoke, thread goes back into meltdown.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The Manic depressive bipolar that is the Liverpool Football thread :)

Matthew Ordish ‏@AnfieldMatt 6m
    Sky Sports: "Luis Suarez has confirmed he wishes to stay at LFC and denys ever saying that he wanted to leave."

Suuuuure. :rolleyes:

We have the same hope of signing Sakho, as a hen does, of leaving an occupied fox's den, alive.

We have the same hope of signing Sakho, as a hen does, of leaving an occupied fox's den, alive.

We have a much better chance of landing Sakho than Willian, of that I am certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Would love to see willian in Liverpool red but I'm not getting carried away, I would imagine other clubs who are in cl will also be lookin at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Just imagine what's going on in the Arsenal thread if they've heard Suarez is staying put! :D

Wow. I'd have even LESS respect for Suarez if he said he never wanted to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

El Inho wrote: »
    Exactly what I was implying :p

How's evolution treating you anyways?!

• Advertisement

djPSB wrote: »

He's doubled in size and his legs do good things now.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Wow. I'd have even LESS respect for Suarez if he said he never wanted to leave.

Supposedly he's picking Liverpool on the playstation again.

Happy days.

Less pointing, more action as well.

Supposedly he's picking Liverpool on the playstation again.

Happy days.

Really? He told Uruguayan press he wants to move to Xbox. He gets less hassle online and they have more games, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

And his English has improved!

The Japanese Team is the Honda-Kagawa Show.

Without those 2, they'll be completely outclassed by the Uruguayans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Here is Suarez's goal today.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Here's is Suarez's goal today.

Mike is not impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Japanese Team is the Honda-Kagawa Show.

Without those 2, they'll be completely outclassed by the Uruguayans.

They have a few more decent players in their squad though. Nagatomo is a good full back and has looked good for Inter, and Kiyotake is a tidy player who certainly did not look out of his depth in the Bundesliga last season. Sakai is another who stood out in the Bundesliga last season and that was in a pretty average :(Stuttgart team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Better... Things aren't as obvious as they used to be.. But I'm able to do a lot more keepie uppies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

No Bid yet for Willian but close to Siqueira.

We've been 'close' to Sequeira for days now. Seems to me there's been no developments, though one source I read had claimed we'd agreed terms with the player. It's probably his agent/club trying to gauge interest elsewhere. I know the kid was very keen on Real after reported interest.

I'm also pessimistic of our chances of signing Willian, so please, stop being so optimistic the lot of you! I have no intention of raising my hopes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mike is not impressed.

Well in fairness Mike has a point.

Suarez been hugely disrespectful to club and supporters and appears now to be backtracking as Madrid or other non-English club did not bid.

No doubt if he starts playing well for us again that will go some way, but he has a lot of damage to repair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Here's a thought - if we are willing to go in big for Willian, then why not go crazy for Shaqiri? They have too many options, something(one) has to give.

Assuming that Bastian, Gotze, Manzukic, Muller and Ribery are likely starters in big games, that leaves one place for Thiago, Martinez, Kroos, Shaqiri and Robben to fight over (assume Gustavo goes). In attack, Kroos has the edge and Robben has proven himself in the biggest games.

I know they are competing on multiple fronts, but I wonder if we could attract him to being a starter every week in an improving team, world famous team...

Apparently Schalke were already rebuffed, but they don't have our muscle...

Kess73 wrote: »
    They have a few more decent players in their squad though. Nagatomo is a good full back and has looked good for Inter, and Kiyotake is a tidy player who certainly did not look out of his depth in the Bundesliga last season. Sakai is another who stood out in the Bundesliga last season and that was in a pretty average :(Stuttgart team.

Don't they have any Natural Winger, someone to provide Width?

Most of their Play goes through Honda in the Middle, or drifting Left with Kagawa. Makes them kinda Predictable in their Attack.

And from what I've seen not much Cutting Edge upfront either.

Coates makes Carroll look energetic by comparison.

I see on Sky Sports that Parker could be moving to QPR.

Surely still good enough for a PL club.

@MrBoywunder: Coates down with an injury. Seemed to stretched/pulled something.

Apparently his knee. Could be a big blow for the boy.

Must have happened when he tried to Tackle the Japanese Player several times, and then ended up Fouling him.

Don't they have any Natural Winger, someone to provide Width?

Most of their Play goes through Honda in the Middle, or drifting Left with Kagawa. Makes them kinda Predictable in their Attack.

And from what I've seen not much Cutting Edge upfront either.

Yes but it is a somewhat new sport to them, and when one considers that Japan has only had more than one football league for just over 40 years, what they have done to date is impressive. Plus you also have to take into account that they did not go to a full professional league system until the start of the 1990's. So in effective they have only being playing the game on a professional level for just over 20 years

Have been to J league games some years ago (as has Nuri as both of us spent a little time working in Japan) and the standard of football in Japan now has already come on massively to what it was 10 years ago or 15 years ago.

The game is growing there are a fast rate, and whilst I would not expect them to become a world power in the game it would not surprise me to see them as a solid international team that was on a similar level to many of those currently ranked in the lower half of the top 30 at present. Say the likes of Norway, Denmark, or Russia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi all,

I know as LFC fans we are desperate to win the Premier League and we look enviously at the likes of Chelski and Citeh who have billionaire owners throwing money into the club to buy big quality squads and pay huge wages etc whereas we have owners who operate a more commercially sustainable business model i.e. the club must operate on a sound commercial footing and not rely on FSG to annually plug the gap between cash in Vs cash out.

The annual BDO football finance directors survey makes very interesting reading (if you are concerned about the finances of football clubs) and was released yesterday, see http://static.bdo.uk.com/assets/documents/2013/08/BDO_football_report_2013_13_08_13.pdf

The big issue the survey highlights is that more and more clubs are relying on benefactor type owners who have to annually inject money into their club to keep it afloat, see https://twitter.com/bdoaccountant/status/367230193699545088/photo/1.

THIS IS NOT SUSTAINABLE IN THE LONG TERM. Once the billionaire benefactors get bored of their pet project (see Anzhi Makhachkala and their sudden meltdown http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1736158-anzhi-makhachkala-a-warning-for-other-clubs-funded-by-the-super-rich) the club is decimated and left floundering.

My question to fellow reds is do we prefer having a long term FSG type owner prepared to build a winning team over a number of years or would we prefer to play with fire and have a (temporary) billionaire owner who buys us a league title?

Ben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

BenThere wrote: »
    My question to fellow reds is do we prefer having a long term FSG type owner prepared to build a winning team over a number of years or would we prefer to play with fire and have a (temporary) billionaire owner who buys us a league title?

Ben

Is that what they are doing? How big is that number of years looking at this point.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

I'm not sure all the billionaire owners will get bored.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

I see on Sky Sports that Parker could be moving to QPR.

Surely still good enough for a PL club.

Scott Parker, one of the EPL's greatest myths....he's a donkey. Get's around the pitch but no end product, the guy can't pass the ball ten yards. He has a decent game now and again and the british media get a horn on for him. There's a reason he has been through 6/7 clubs and flopped at Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

so with suarez staying do you think rodgers still wants a wide left player?? or do you think he'll be looking at another position?? maybe he will go all out for papa now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Are we all not jumping the gun a bit on the Suarez happy to stay thing?

naughtb4 wrote: »

We don't jump the gun here in this thread.

We jump the MEGACANNON.

giant-space-cannon_CIQXe_5965.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

We don't jump the gun here in this thread.

We jump the MEGACANNON.

giant-space-cannon_CIQXe_5965.jpg

It can shoot down dreams from across the internet, dab hand at boats too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

naughtb4 wrote: »

I don't think anybody's naive enough to think that he has genuinely had a change of heart. He's realised he's not going anywhere. He's said all along that he loves the club and that his reasons for moving are purely to advance his career and escape the media. It's no surprise that he's changed his tune now that it's become apparent that this isn't going to happen this summer.

Sounds like there is another "whilst away with the international team" interview from Suarez about to hit. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Hardly the actions of a man that loves the club though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Sounds like there is another "whilst away with the international team" interview from Suarez about to hit. :mad:

Why angry face?
    What could he possibly say this time?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

One that is going to contradict the 'staying' theme from last night, or a backtracking one? So much for not giving any LFC interviews while away this time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement