Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Twitter nonsense and BS from Suarez. Wont believe anything until he is still with us in September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i believe the Suarez rumour about staying, because honestly, it makes sense.

the club will not sell. it is just too late in the window to get any sort of replacement in. if Madrid were going to bite (;)), then we would have seen something concrete from them by now.

Suarez only has Arsenal, and there is just no way on this earth we are going to sell to them. it's just suicide.

it makes sense to all parties for him to stay, with the promise of one more season, and that if his wish is still very much to move to a foreign club next summer, then that can happen if a club comes in.

Real don't want him, and I can only think his disciplinary problems are a big issue. it's in Suarez's interests to play as well as he possibly can until this season's end, stay out of trouble, and then his rewards will come. it has to have occurred to him, or it must be made clear to him, that there has to be a reason these big European clubs haven't come in for him.

as i say, it makes sense for an agreement of some sort to be made.

i'll still only fully believe it when I hear an official statement obviously, but it makes sense to me at this stage in the window, that an agreement will be reached. and if that agreement is reached before Saturday, when the season officially starts, then that is stellar work altogether by the club.

we'll see.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

On the interview thing I see some people are saying he denied he was happy to stay, and others are saying that he didn't talk to the media after the game at all and that the denials are made up by Arsenal fans.

What a golden age of disinformation we live it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

5starpool wrote: »
    On the interview thing I see some people are saying he denied he was happy to stay, and others are saying that he didn't talk to the media after the game at all and that the denials are made up by Arsenal fans.

Bizarre times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

yet everyone is saying stuff without providing links to their source. seems like bs to be fair

• Advertisement

Paulegend wrote: »
    yet everyone is saying stuff without providing links to their source. seems like bs to be fair

If there is anything to it, more trusted sources will report soon, if not it's clear it's bs. We'll find out soon one way or another. I assume this is the thing Kess was referring to anyhow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If there is anything to it, more trusted sources will report soon, if not it's clear it's bs. We'll find out soon one way or another. I assume this is the thing Kess was referring to anyhow?

Weren't BBC running this a while ago?

they started saying this stuff in the arsenal board 20 mins ago. everyone is saying ssn twitter but ssn doesnt seem to be in on it on twitter or their tv or website. seems like the ssn link has nothing to do with ssn. even ssn reported a few mins ago that suarez has hinted at wanting to stay. noone is giving anything to back up what they are saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I've also read on Twitter that Sam Allardyce has already offered to pay £7m next year for Liverpool's £30m signing Willian.

Vicxas wrote: »

link??

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »

Running what? I know Ben Smith of the BBC said the reports were probably trustworthy, but I haven't looked at their site at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Was on Sky's twitter thing a few minutes ago that he allegedly said in a post match interview that he never said anything about wanting to stay in Liverpool

Kess73 wrote: »
    Was on Sky a few minutes ago that he allegedly said in a post match interview that he never said anything about wanting to stay in Liverpool

must be an alternate version of sky. i mean making stuff up without any source. its just as bad as twitter on here and to think a mod is in on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

murpho999 wrote: »
    I've also read on Twitter that Sam Allardyce has already offered to pay £7m next year for Liverpool's £30m signing Willian.

but how much is that in saved wages?

link??

Sorry it wasn't BBC, it was sloppy sports news :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Pints for everyone if he stays ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

billy2012 wrote: »
    Pints for everyone if he stays ;)

More pints if he goes.

Was on Sky's twitter thing a few minutes ago that he allegedly said in a post match interview that he never said anything about wanting to stay in Liverpool

Not official sky account apparently. Read posts above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

djPSB wrote: »
    I see on Sky Sports that Parker could be moving to QPR.

Surely still good enough for a PL club.

I would have thought so too. Was diappointed we weren't in for him when he joined Spurs but now I think he's well past his best and not what we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

**** all official about an interview. Some say its been made up ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

You're on a wind up, mate.

Nothing on SSN on it, would have assumed it would have been their top story after the ad break.

Also I see you've changed you post slightly. Care to share the link to the post on "Sky's twitter thing" as I can't see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

WTF Wednesday is well underway

Not official sky account apparently. Read posts above.

Ahh did not know it was not an official account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

BMJD wrote: »
    WTF Wednesday is well underway

I am just looking forward to "T*ts Oot Thursday"...

Turns out Kess is a troll all along :eek::eek::cool:

Dickerty wrote: »
    I am just looking forward to "T*ts Oot Thursday"...

Yeah but those GIFs are banned.....during work hours afaik.

Dickerty wrote: »
    Here's a thought - if we are willing to go in big for Willian, then why not go crazy for Shaqiri? They have too many options, something(one) has to give.

Assuming that Bastian, Gotze, Manzukic, Muller and Ribery are likely starters in big games, that leaves one place for Thiago, Martinez, Kroos, Shaqiri and Robben to fight over (assume Gustavo goes). In attack, Kroos has the edge and Robben has proven himself in the biggest games.

I know they are competing on multiple fronts, but I wonder if we could attract him to being a starter every week in an improving team, world famous team...

Apparently Schalke were already rebuffed, but they don't have our muscle...

What's that? Oh sorry, I thought you said something...

He scored twice at the weekend as well, two headers, so he has goals in him.

gafferino wrote: »
    Yeah but those GIFs are banned.....during work hours afaik.

I was referring to the posters, not the body parts. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Apparently Suarez wasn't interviewed post match, Forlan was and was asked about Suarez to which Forlan stated he's not allowed to comment on other players business.

Opr

Ahh did not know it was not an official account

do you have a link to the account you thought was official??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Talksport reporting it slightly differently:

Saying:

1. Suarez has said "the love of the fans have convinced me to stay" (cough)

and post-game

2. He was interviewed but refused to comment on staying/going.

Whether this was a tv interview or someone got hold of him they are not saying.

do you have a link to the account you thought was official??

Yeah I do.

Do you have a tinfoil hat on seeing as you thought I was "in on it" LMFAO

Yeah I do.

Do you have a tinfoil hat on seeing as you thought I was "in on it" LMFAO

so you havent lied?? i think youll find that you did. you where looking for a reaction or spreading whatever crap you seen somewhere else all over the place without a shred of proof. how someone can be a mod and make up crap is beyond me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

so you havent lied?? i think youll find that you did. you where looking for a reaction or spreading whatever crap you seen somewhere else all over the place without a shred of proof. how someone can be a mod and make up crap is beyond me
    You're a bit nuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Siqueira very near Liverpool

siqueira.jpg

The Brazilian is very close to being 'red' in the coming hours

Despite the interest paid by the Everton, Liverpool seems to be the team that is made with Guilherme Siqueira services. The Brazilian left seems to put an end to his ordeal in terms of output or the red and white set. Something that has been looking since last summer despite showing impeccable professionalism during the time it has been in the squad grenadine. A club, the Granada, which declares Siqueira very happy to be part although it will only be for a few hours.

His departure to the city of Liverpool is an almost 80% chance. If not it will be Everton FC Liverpool is the club that has bid harder for the player in the last hours. Although as has been told this website, a scout from Everton (Maureen Hawksey) following each game takes Siqueira, from the rise of Granada to First Division. And although Pina yesterday rejected an offer for 6.5 million euros, the total appears to be promoted and be very close to convincing the president granadinista.

So leave Granada Siqueira towards Premier League after spending three seasons in the city of Alhambra. Ruben came Párraga being substitute in the League Two but quickly became lord and master of the left side where Dani Benítez with lefty flank Atletico made a weapon feared by all rivals Granada. With the promotion to performance further increased to knock on doors of Valencia who bid, but not entirely, by Siqueira last summer in which the end remained in Granada.

This performance last season fell compared to the previous two campaigns may hurt at not being able to fulfill his dream of going to a large, although its market price has remained intact until the point that now time has come to leave Granada. A team will always have a special memory.

http://www.granadacfweb.com/index.php/noticias-de-portada/71-siqueira-muy-cerca-de-liverpool

I think this one is really close to being done. If you Clicked the Link, you'd notice that it is being Reported by Granada FC's own Website.

You're on a wind up, mate.

Nothing on SSN on it, would have assumed it would have been their top story after the ad break.

Also I see you've changed you post slightly. Care to share the link to the post on "Sky's twitter thing" as I can't see it.

Guess everyone on here who mentions anything they saw or heard from twitter must be on a wind up then.

I wrongly thought a twitter account was official and then found out it was not, so what?

Would have assumed that the use of the word allegedly in my post would have been picked up on by most. But knock yourself out if you want to say in your postthat I am trying to get some sort of wind up going, one sad twat has already sent me a pm saying he is reporting my post so there must be some people around today really desperate to report things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Get out the popcorn the show is about to begin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

This forum gets weirder by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Someone didn't have their nap today.

• Advertisement

3859271924_24af790d82_o.gif

Uhm Guys, unless you didn't notice this is the Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumors Thread.

I've Bolded the Pertinent Part for those of you who may have missed it.

So everyone Chillax. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

amber69 wrote: »

Th1s cr0ck of sh1t show doesn't warrant popcorn at this point.

I've Bolded the Pertinent Part for those of you who may have missed it.

Um, thanks, man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

Willian, has anyone watched him regularly? How good/bad/indifferent would his signing be?

Grayditch wrote: »
    Um, thanks, man.

No Problem, Mate.

Just making sure everyone, is on the same Wavelength.

yea i think ye are right this place is getting worse by the day. it seems that the profile for people here is

- intelligence of 12-22 year old
    - must be a twitterererer
    - loves football manager
    - has to be friends with a mod
    - the ability to make crap up and think that its true
    - the schoolboy attitude of if your not one of us we're all against you

someone comes on here and claims "twitter just said im the new president" are we all suppose to believe that without a link to said twitter remark or anything resembling a bit of evidence. or i guess we just take everyones word for it and let them spout rubbish claims of sky sports(ill just edit my post so noone sees) twitter said. and when im called on it ill just pretend i didnt realsie it was a friend of a friend of a friend who may or may not have said it

yea there is obviously something wrong with me:rolleyes:

You should be ashamed of yourself Kess.

Disgraceful stuff.

amber69 wrote: »

Yeh, like Homer Simpson v Drederick Tatum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

Just on the Suarez staying stuff, if it comes from @martincharquero, it should have some truth to it no?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement