Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I was trying to imagine how they would bid harder... unpleasant mental image of Ian Ayre.

mrsDoyle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

opr wrote: »
    Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker has not told club he wants to stay - Ben Smith

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23695857

Opr

After reading it, I can't reconcile the Title with the actual Article.

The only Quotes there are the ones saying he would Stay.

I can't believe BBC is acting like an ITK with a No-Name Blog doing a Wind-up Story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Meh, same as last week, taking a few quotes by somebody and spinning another side of the story. Nothing new in it
    I find it feckin amazing that the likes of Ben Smith and Tony Barrett don't have sources of their own given the jobs they're in. Pretty much all they do is based on twitter rumours they find and re-hash, and cross their fingers they've picked the right ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Fresh rumours going around that Kess is Rarnes, Flah and Leiva. #ITK

He goes by Paulegend too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

that article makes no sense. there is nothing in it that says he doesnt want to stay

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

MELTDOWN.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

gafferino wrote: »
    He goes by Paulegend too

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

After reading it, I can't reconcile the Title with the actual Article.

The only Quotes there are the ones saying he would Stay.

I can't believe BBC is acting like an ITK with a No-Name Blog doing a Wind-up Story.

BBC have changed the content of the article. When it first went up it referenced the same interview that the fake Sky twitter mentioned. Now it just has the same headline from earlier on butwith the Paul Smith article tagged on.

Talksport have also mentioned the fake twitter tweet on air today so it should be in the podcast of today's afternoon show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I find it feckin amazing that the likes of Ben Smith and Tony Barrett don't have sources of their own given the jobs they're in. Pretty much all they do is based on twitter rumours they find and re-hash, and cross their fingers they've picked the right ones.

I'm sure all journo's have soures, I presume that not all sources have all the information all of the time, hence some people get stories some times and not others.

The problem is your second point, the people who believe everything they read on twitter. I've had to block certain posters on here because all they do is post rubbish they fins on twitter. Certain papers and tv stations I will avoid also purely because all they have spoof they read on twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

His spectacular mustache had to have cushioned the fall in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Did he get rugby tacked by the Krankies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Michael Carrick has poor vision shocker...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Did Charlie Adam's penalty finally come back to earth??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

flanzer wrote: »
    Did Charlie Adam's penalty finally come back to earth??

1367496144-golf-clap.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭jimmymal

Vanolder wrote: »
    That Kess fella is always spouting nonsense from eslewhere, about time someone called him out on it. Keep up the good work.

Laughed a lot at this!:D

Who says sarcasm is the lowest form of wit?:p

Paulegend wrote: »
    starting to get that impression from his followers. still though i stand by what i called him on. if kess just regurgitated something he seen somewhere even less reliable than twitter and forgot where then fair enough i have no problem with kess. hell even now i have no problem with kess im just trying to piss on a burning building by fending off the clan of people that dont like newbies

Actually you have been calling me a liar, hinted I was trolling, and for some very weird reason you tried to bring me being a mod in other forums into the mix as if it meant something in the footy forum, oh and you also said I was "in on it", whatever the hell "it" is meant to be.

All that sounds like someone who has a problem with me.

And you cannot come out now and bullsh1t that you have no problem with me reguritating something I saw/heard that turned out to be less than reliable because that is exactly what you have done.

But once the Talksport podcasts are up, you can go listen about the fake tweet, it is only a line or two in the show but it is mentioned. Then you can come back to me again about why I am a liar, a wum, and whatever else.

As for me having followers. What a crock of crap. Give people some credit for being able to make up their own minds on things. You don't see me calling anyone that agreed with you terms like followers, slack jawed simpletons, thick as sh1t inbreds or anything else that I could have thought of to say.

And you are no newbie either, so don't worry about putting out imaginary fires in imaginary buildings . ;)

Whacky Wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lets all hope from Thrilling Thursday.

• Advertisement

jimmymal wrote: »
    Laughed a lot at this!:D

Who says sarcasm is the lowest form of wit?:p

Not I. Proper sarcasm requires more than a modicum of genuine wit.Plus Vanolder called me fella, which made me think that one of Stephen Farrelly or Keith Duffy was about to try to kick my ass.

I decided not to get cheeky back on the chance that he was not Keith Duffy.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I really hope a lot of the crap that has come into this thread recently fades away as the season gets underway.

Becoming unbearable at times.

mike65 wrote: »

Just saw on Twitter that Messi is signing on Thursday....................................:pac:

Knex. wrote: »
    I really hope a lot of the crap that has come into this thread recently fades away as the season gets underway.

Becoming unbearable at times.

It will. When school starts back it's generally business as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It will. When school starts back it's generally business as usual
    No more childish tantrums... just us adults having hissy-fits. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Vicxas wrote: »
    Hmmmmm, so now we play the waiting game....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I rarely post in this thread, the last few pages are the reason. Utter nonsense with a side order of reach-arounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Whacky Wednesday
    mike65 wrote: »

What's this? Alliteration August?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

So can anyone give me the lowdown on Siqueira and Willian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭deeks

James Appell @jamesappell

To those of you asking about Willian to Liverpool - he's available for transfer, but it's up to Liverpool to meet Anzhi's €50m asking price.

Not sure how reliable the above tweeter is (was retweeted by This is Anfield).

Assuming it's true - would people be happy to spend €50 million on Willian just to have a "marquee" signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

deeks wrote: »

Assuming it's true - would people be happy to spend €50 million on Willian just to have a "marquee" signing.

I seriously doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

To those of you asking about Willian to Liverpool - he's available for transfer, but it's up to Liverpool to meet Anzhi's €50m asking price.

€50m is nearly 10m higher than the previous other highest price I've seen they wanted (£35m or just over €40m). I doubt we would even go above £30m personally, assuming we are even interested, never mind in talks.

€50m? They bought him yesterday or something.

Nah. He's Good, but he's not that Good.

He's not worth 50M, that's Suarez Territory. Anzhi can keep him.

Assuming we're offering the Reported 30M, I would rather chuck that to Barca/Munich and get Shaqiri or Sanchez. I feel that Pace Merchants with a more Direct Approach would benefit us more.

Interesting article here - makes you wonder if there was some confusion on Suarez's agents side about the exact terms and they may have dropped the ball on it, now there using as much spin as possible to get him out of it.

I think the first thing Suarez should do is sack his agent and representatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭jimmymal

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

From the ZERO times I've seen Willian play football, he ain't worth 50m quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Only if we can loan him out to Napoli....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I know it was tongue in cheek, but not outrageous to assume that if he was worth 50m, you probably would have seen him play.

Know little about him myself too.

I don't see how a player can rocket €20 million in value in 6 months.

The question is, is he worth €30 million?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

NukaCola wrote: »

The savings on wages would go some way towards the transfer fee then.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »

Think of the wages we'd save

Even if you haven't seen him, just think about this for a sec. and let this one sink: Luis Suarez, considered one of the Best Football Players on the Planet, and we've yet to received a 50M Bid.

I'm not sure its all about saving wages as much as getting rid of underperforming players.

I think Carroll, Downing and possibly Reina all fall into that category.

Certainly losing Carroll and Downing is a great bit of work in this window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Selling him to West ham for 10% of what we signed him for would be a better idea, in some weird way, we would be making money that way coz he really isnt worth 10% of what we paid for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

But is it 'The Rodgers' best bit of work?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    But is it 'The Rodgers' best bit of work?

No the best bit of work is keeping Suarez...

Rodger's best bit of work so far has been those gnashers!

The Telegraph and the Independent are now running with the Suarez saying that he never said he would stay at Liverpool.

They are even using the same quotes attributed to Suarez that the fake twitter that caught me out was using.
    "I didn't say that, maybe someone else did and the main thing is that I am here now with the national team,"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10242933/Luis-Suarez-denies-saying-he-will-remain-at-Liverpool-next-season-as-questions-over-his-Anfield-future-remain.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-arsenal-hopes-reignited-after-luis-suarez-denies-saying-he-wants-to-stay-at-liverpool-8760742.html

Both papers are quoting Kyodo News as the source of the Suarez quotes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest there might be a bit of wiggle room on €50m, given they bought him, at a premium, for €30m 6 months ago and are trying to get rid.

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    The Telegraph and the Independent are now running with the Suarez saying that he never said he would stay at Liverpool.

They are even using the same quotes attributed to Suarez that the fake twitter that caught me out was using.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10242933/Luis-Suarez-denies-saying-he-will-remain-at-Liverpool-next-season-as-questions-over-his-Anfield-future-remain.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-arsenal-hopes-reignited-after-luis-suarez-denies-saying-he-wants-to-stay-at-liverpool-8760742.html

Both papers are quoting Kyodo News as the source of the Suarez quotes.

Barrett's response concerning that.
    ony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 24s
    Unconfirmed reports in the Japanese media that Suarez has denied telling the Uruguayan media he'd stay at Liverpool. Where to begin?

LFCZA ‏@LFCZA 5m
    @TonyBarretTimes Three Uruguyan sources (Martin Chaquero, Edward Pinon and the Observer ) say otherwise

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement