Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

apparently we are 26 mill per year better off wages wise since season last ended ... could that be true? monstrous amount

Grayditch wrote: »
    Rodger's best bit of work so far has been those gnashers!

Main-Rodgers-2064709.jpg

barone wrote: »
    apparently we are 26 mill per year better off wages wise since season last ended ... could that be true? monstrous amount

Plus we should be £10m or so net positive this summer, roughly on the last count.

I think someone has the breakdown of our ins and outs this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Main-Rodgers-2064709.jpg

I'm glad he got the teeth done. If he's on tv giving interviews and his gnashers look bad it reflects badly on the club.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I'm glad he got the teeth done. If he's on tv giving interviews and his gnashers look bad it reflects badly on the club.:p

Now his gnashers just reflect everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bit of fake tan does wonders too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Talks of Spurs signing Lamela now. I could actually see them breaking into the top 3 next year at this rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Football Weekly is back today if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Talks of Spurs signing Lamela now. I could actually see them breaking into the top 3 next year at this rate.

Oh god il be a bit sick if they sign him :(

Jesus....arguably the 4th best squad last year, and easily at least fourth best now....but they are closing the ground on the others 3 fairly quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Arsenal are going to have to do something to hold 4th over Spurs. They should try to sign Luis Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Football Weekly is back today if anyone's interested.

So's the Football Ramble.

Second Captains (from the former Off the Ball lads) is worth listening to too.

They had a sit-down with John Barnes the other day, for anyone who hasn't heard it yet.

Arsenal are going to have to do something to hold 4th over Spurs. They should try to sign Luis Suarez.

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Gbear wrote: »
    So's the Football Ramble.

Second Captains (from the former Off the Ball lads) is worth listening to too.

They had a sit-down with John Barnes the other day, for anyone who hasn't heard it yet.

I've never listened to Football Ramble. Is it worth a go,yeah?

I heard the John Barnes one alright. Jesus that man talks fast :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

El Inho wrote: »
    oh lord...

I can't wait for the Suarez saga to come out on box set for me to show the grandkids...

itll be along side the sopranos and house as greatest boxset ever.

No mention of Breaking bad or The wire? You could be the first person I ever put on the ignore list after a sin like that tbh. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Suarez has drifted from 1.13 this morning to 1.5 on the exchange to stay at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I've never listened to Football Ramble. Is it worth a go,yeah?

I heard the John Barnes one alright. Jesus that man talks fast :D

What date was Barnes on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

T-K-O wrote: »
    What date was Barnes on?
    I don't bother with the show in general but they do a football podcast once a week.
    There's only four episodes of the new equivalent of "The Football Show" they used to have on Newstalk.

I think it was either the 2nd or 3rd one they did.

mormank wrote: »
    No mention of Breaking bad or The wire? You could be the first person I ever put on the ignore list after a sin like that tbh. :p

Am ashamed to admit I am only getting around to watching The Sopranos now.....It's not The Wire....not that that's a bad thing.

On Topic.....F*ck Yeah Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gbear wrote: »
    I don't bother with the show in general but they do a football podcast once a week.
    There's only four episodes of the new equivalent of "The Football Show" they used to have on Newstalk.

I think it was either the 2nd or 3rd one they did.

Yeah, Barnes was on the second newest one I think.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I've seen Willian in around a couple of handful of full games, albeit mostly for Shahktar, and I can say without a doubt he's not worth anywhere near €50M. Anzhi are living in fantasy land if they think they'll get that from anyone other than Monaco at this stage.

I can only see one person, maybe two who'd want us to spunk that amount of money on him :pac:

Also, some of ye need to let Shaqiri go :o He really isn't going anywhere for at least another season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I dare somebody draft up a list of all the players we've been reported interested in and made offers for this summer! I'll be back tomorrow to see how it goes

Scott Sinclair...

Alex Pearce...

Ashley Williams...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I've seen Willian in around a couple of handful of full games, albeit mostly for Shahktar, and I can say without a doubt he's not worth anywhere near €50M. Anzhi are living in fantasy land if they think they'll get that from anyone other than Monaco at this stage.

I can only see one person, maybe two who'd want us to spunk that amount of money on him :pac:

Also, some of ye need to let Shaqiri go :o He really isn't going anywhere for at least another season.

Hmmm a couple of handful of games......so....8 games? :confused::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Steve Bruce

Carlton Cole...

gafferino wrote: »
    Hmmm a couple of handful of games......so....8 games? :confused::P

Around that I imagine yup ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I'm a bit dubious that Suarez said he's staying now. Surely there would have been some kind of statement made by the player or the club already?

I'm a bit dubious that Suarez said he's staying now. Surely there would have been some kind of statement made by the player or the club already?

Maybe he'll make it when gets back from international duty. If there is indeed a new contract, there'll be either a press conference or those pictures of him signing the contract with Ayre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

There will be a press conference for this weekend's game in the next few days anyway. I'm sure Rodgers will be plagued with Suarez questions then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

listen suarez has 4 years left on his deal at the moment and a deal that does not incluse a release clause. liverpool will not care about a new contract. obviously they would like an act of commitment but really a new contract wont be a concern

suarez however if he stays he will want a new contract. not to show his commitment(albeit he will want the pr from it) but it will be more so he can get a release clause entered into the contract and properly this time.

so anyone thinking "why is he looking for a new contract?" thats it. he will want assurances he can leave next summer or even january if we do not get champions league(or look like we are competing for 4th in january)

its standard practice such as benteke at villa who also got a new contract but i am sure he will have a release clause in his new contract to leave next season

I thought it was 3 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Ashley Williams...

...is probably on TV atm playing for Wales...

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I thought it was 3 years?

signed a "long term" contract last august which was believed to be 5 years. it could well be 4 years(that he signed last year) but still with 2 years on his contract(next summer) im sure they can still get 40+ easily if he had a similar season

i just think that him staying will come with a contract so he can leave and not be forced to stay another year on top of this coming one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Suarez has three years left on his contract, it's has been said by Rodgers many times over the summer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Tony barrett is going to be on newstalk shortly.
    It seems Suarez has now said that neither he or he's reps have said he wants to stay.

Back to the mess, so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Richard Buxton doing LFC press conferences tomorrow, we should hear a good bit from Rodgers and those sparkling whites!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Tony barrett is going to be on newstalk shortly.
    It seems Suarez has now said that neither he or he's reps have said he wants to stay.

Link?

Vicxas wrote: »
    Link?

You want me to link to a radio station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

You want me to link to a radio station?

Oops sorry thought you said he posted about it. My phone sucks. My eyesight too

is that the report that kess aluded to as wrong earlier??

this whole saga wont be over until he signs a new deal or the window closes

if he stays he will sign a deal but he will be gone next summer if we dont get CL footie regardless of a contract. the contract will be more a way out than a long term commitment. it doesnt matter how many years as he will be able to leave next season according to anything he agrees to sign

Vicxas wrote: »
    Oops sorry thought you said he posted about it. My phone sucks. My eyesight too

This is going to be a painful season if he's forced to stay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Ill be absolutely devastated if Spurs sign Lamela.

Man, I'd love Walcott.

hefferboi wrote: »
    Ill be absolutely devastated if Spurs sign Lamela.

I can't help but wonder if I'd got my wish of AVB instead of Kenny in January or June of 2011, where we'd be right now squad wise. Devastated is an understatement if they sign Lamela.

Eriksen has scored another free kick(!) apparently.

edit -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Man, I'd love Walcott.

You'd like man love?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement