Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I can't help but wonder if I'd got my wish of AVB instead of Kenny in January or June of 2011, where we'd be right now squad wise. Devastated is an understatement if they sign Lamela.

Or AVB last summer. He's building a serious squad at Spurs

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Knex. wrote: »
    There will be a press conference for this weekend's game in the next few days anyway. I'm sure Rodgers will be plagued with Suarez questions then.

PC will be tomorrow I think. Pretty sure it's always 2 days before the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

rarnes1 wrote: »

does he have nothing to do with transfers? Thought he wanted it that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

amber69 wrote: »
    You'd like man love?

I can love him from a distance. A safe distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

5starpool wrote: »
    PC will be tomorrow I think. Pretty sure it's always 2 days before the game.

If nothing is said about it then it'll be a tense 2 weeks I'd say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

rarnes1 wrote: »

Hes getting funds to spend. Its not too difficult to build a squad when you have the dollar. We seem to be going through the bargain bins

naughtb4 wrote: »
    does he have nothing to do with transfers? Thought he wanted it that way

I'm sure he would have some input. Wouldn't make much sense if he didn't!

No point signing players that wouldn't fit the system he wants to play.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Vicxas wrote: »
    If nothing is said about it then it'll be a tense 2 weeks I'd say

We'll likely get a line like "Luis is away and the moment and I'll talk to him when he gets back. Nothing much else to add at this point".

Suarez does NOT want to lose this one. Liverpool do NOT want to lose this one. Thank goodness for contracts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

Hes getting funds to spend. Its not too difficult to build a squad when you have the dollar. We seem to be going through the bargain bins

In all of the signings he has made since arriving at Spurs, not one of them looks to have the ability of Coutinho.

Lets give our guys some credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Eriksen has scored another free kick(!) apparently.

edit -

If Adam's set pieces are worth 10 million, how is this guy not a bargain at around 15 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

mav79 wrote: »
    If Adam's set pieces are worth 10 million, how is this guy not a bargain at around 15 million.

is he not even cheaper now?? i remember spurs where linked with bidding a combined 15 million for him and toby only last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Let's wait until September and then we can properly compare our transfer activity over the last two years compared to Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Kin hell hodge take gerrard off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I can't help but wonder if I'd got my wish of AVB instead of Kenny in January or June of 2011, where we'd be right now squad wise. Devastated is an understatement if they sign Lamela.

He's the one player who's some way gettable that I'd love us to sign. I think I mentioned a month or 2 ago. As for AVB he was my 2nd choice after Rafa and really does look the real deal both with his style of play and his signings. Its hard to know, though, how he'd get on under FSG, money wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Tony Barrett on news talk now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

hefferboi wrote: »
    He's the one player who's some way gettable that I'd love us to sign. I think I mentioned a month or 2 ago. As for AVB he was my 2nd choice after Rafa and really does look the real deal both with his style of play and his signings. Its hard to know, though, how he'd get on under FSG, money wise.

What is so special about his style of play? I didn't see anything remarkable in how Tottenham went about things last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

BMJD wrote: »
    Tony Barrett on news talk now

Has he said anything newsworthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭4-age

Kess73 wrote: »
    The Telegraph and the Independent are now running with the Suarez saying that he never said he would stay at Liverpool.

They are even using the same quotes attributed to Suarez that the fake twitter that caught me out was using.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10242933/Luis-Suarez-denies-saying-he-will-remain-at-Liverpool-next-season-as-questions-over-his-Anfield-future-remain.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-arsenal-hopes-reignited-after-luis-suarez-denies-saying-he-wants-to-stay-at-liverpool-8760742.html

Both papers are quoting Kyodo News as the source of the Suarez quotes.

Here is the link behind a pay wall though.
    http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2013/08/240985.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

GTR63 wrote: »
    Has he say anything newsworthy?

Not a lot other than to say he hasn't a clue what's goin on! Did say that the denial was quick which would indicate that Suarez didn't make the comment about agreeing to stay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

rawk servers collapsed again?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭4-age

Just checked the Japanese version of Kyodo Sport and there is no mention of Suarez's comments. Seems to only be on the English version of the Website and behind a pay wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

It doesn't make much difference IMO. He won't be sold, and he'll play to the same standard as the end of last season I'd say, as presumably he wanted to leave then too.

Any statement from Suarez saying he wants to stay will be a lie in an attempt to save face. He still wants to leave and he'll jump at the chance in January or next summer of a club in the Champions League are in for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Sappy404 wrote: »
    It doesn't make much difference IMO. He won't be sold, and he'll play to the same standard as the end of last season I'd say, as presumably he wanted to leave then too.

Any statement from Suarez saying he wants to stay will be a lie in an attempt to save face. He still wants to leave and he'll jump at the chance in January or next summer of a club in the Champions League are in for him.

He'll bite their hand off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

I think we should try and get Michu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

djPSB wrote: »
    He'll bite their hand off.

How long have you been saving that zinger :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So then a day that begins with such anticipation ends (subject to proviso of 80 mins left) with nothing of any worth and some confusion.

mike65 wrote: »
    So then a day that begins with such anticipation ends (subject to proviso of 80 mins left) with nothing of any worth and some confusion.

Eh, haven't you heard? We have some kind of interest in Willian!

Tonights news

http://lfc.pl/files/pdf/2013_08_15_times.jpg

Some paper also saying arsenal may bid 49 mill ( why the odd number? ) for suarez. Can they not take a hint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

klose wrote: »

Anyone remember when Liverpool had a nice little cabal of Scouse hacks who knew what was going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Been a long time since that has been the case young Mike.

Will-i-an would be a decent move I think. Cut price and would be superb in the front foursome. How many people here read the tomkinstimes BTW? Some decent analysis over there, definitley not reccommending anybody go over and have a look etc etc but there have been some quite good pieces recently about our targets and how they could fit in were we to land any of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

mike65 wrote: »
    Anyone remember when Liverpool had a nice little cabal of Scouse hacks who knew what was going on?

Rodgers wants Willian to play with Coutinho, Suarez and Sturridge. Wow can't believe that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Tonights news

http://lfc.pl/files/pdf/2013_08_15_times.jpg

Telegraph also saying arsenal may bid 49 mill ( why the odd number? ) for suarez. Can they not take a hint?

So without any evidence you jump to some conclusions?

So without any evidence you jump to some conclusions?

?

So according to one paper Suarez wants to speak to Rodgers about the quotes, and according to another, Rodgers wants to seek clarification with Suarez about the quotes. It's as though the ambiguity surrounding today's Suarez news has left an opportunity to sell some newspapers based on a whole lot of nothing.

Elsewhere the Sequeira deal has stalled after a £5m bid was rejected, and we've been given permission to speak to Willian but have yet to negotiate a fee with his club.

No good news really then.

?

You said can arsenal not take a hint, basing it on some weak link, its really not that confusing.

You said can arsenal not take a hint, basing it on some weak link, its really not that confusing.

He might be basing it on Henry, Rodgers and Gerrard all saying he's not going to Arsenal.

I mean as in our owners very open and clear as day interview were he said he wouldnt be sold and especially eluded to not selling to arsenal yet a paper is running they'll bid on him again so im simply commenting on it :)

Grayditch wrote: »
    He might be basing it on Henry, Rodgers and Gerrard all saying he's not going to Arsenal.

I'm talking about the 49 million bid which not one person or link has proved it to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Alot of bullsh1t in tomorrow's papers.

Trying to make stories out of nothing.

There is no evidence arsenal have or will bid 49 million but yet yous take a swipe at the club because of some link.

Why are yous tryin to start a an argument that isn't there?

I'm talking about the 49 million bid which not one person or link has proved it to be true.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/14/arsenal-set-to-make-49million-bid-for-luis-suarez-to-finally-sign-liverpool-striker-3924273/

Theres one atleast for the moment, you sound offended almost, relax man

Edit heres the other one..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10243722/Luis-Suarez-transfer-may-be-back-on-as-Arsenal-consider-final-bid-of-49m-for-Liverpool-striker.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Any suggestions for a pub in nyc to watch the match this Saturday? or failing that a good bar for a half decent pint of Guinness?

You have a lot to learn in life, you think one link gives you the right to abuse people and a club, pathetic.

No need to get...

tumblr_m9ev39jGn61rahtkno1_250.gif

Arsey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

jack calm down fella Wacky Wednesday is almost over. We've had a long day here

You have a lot to learn in life, you think one link gives you the right to abuse people and a club, pathetic.

:pac: :pac: where did i abuse people and a club?!?

:pac: :pac: where did i abuse people and a club?!?

Some paper also saying arsenal may bid 49 mill ( why the odd number? ) for suarez. Can they not take a hint?[/quote]

Not here no?

There was talk of a £49.8m bid a few days ago, I think. Probably just some hack regurgitating that fee. I think Arsenal know the story at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

djPSB wrote: »
    Alot of bullsh1t in tomorrow's papers.

Trying to make stories out of nothing.

I know right? It's like they're trying to sell them or something

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement