Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rory Smith probably not helping our collective heart rates with his tweets to be honest.
    All very tenuous. As for Soldado/Sturrigde well it would be nice to have one player of that quality to sit on the bench and win a game late on. But you know they'd both demand starts so then someone would have to go wide or the formation would have to be two up front probably with one in the hole 4-3-1-2 style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Pedalstool wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for a decade of the rosary? Just to help things along.

Christ. I'm trying to forget all that catholic mumbo-jumbo guilt sh*t.

mike65 wrote: »
    Rory Smith probably not helping our collective heart rates with his tweets to be honest.
    All very tenuous. As for Soldado/Sturrigde well it would be nice to have one player of that quality to sit on the bench and win a game late on. But you know they'd both demand starts so then someone would have to go wide or the formation would have to be two up front probably with one in the hole 4-3-1-2 style

I don't really care. As long as there's goals and nobody gets bitten or racially abused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

ush wrote: »
    Link?

Link to what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

I don't really care. As long as there's goals and nobody gets bitten or racially abused.

Amen.

• Advertisement

Link to what?

Your proof.

Your proof.

I haven't seen any proof that we are in for Soldado yet, as soon as I do, I'll post it here.

I haven't seen any proof that we are in for Soldado yet, as soon as I do, I'll post it here.

Well thats just like your opinion man!

There never is any proof until you see someone at Melwood leaning against imaginary objects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Huntelaar would be a very good signing he'll be 30 soon but I think he'd relish playing for us. Surely he could be got for about 10 million?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If we are linked to Soldado I'm sure it's under the premise that Suarez is going

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    Huntelaar would be a very good signing he'll be 30 soon but I think he'd relish playing for us. Surely he could be got for about 10 million?

Soldado, Huntelaar and Benzema with Borini out on loan. Our year!

Vicxas wrote: »
    If we are linked to Soldado I'm sure it's under the premise that Suarez is going

Yes. It was fairly sketchy about Suarez leaving until the Soldado rumour gained traction.

amber69 wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be a Barca type of full back. I call bull sh1t
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    But...but...but...he's no good, allegedly.
    klose wrote: »
    Alba and adriano are miles better then him and more fitted to their style. Vintage silly season stuff right there

I was just doing some twitter journo training :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I have major concerns if we sign Bernard

mostly how do we make a minion out of him when he already is bloody one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

rob316 wrote: »

What makes you think that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Here's an idea - why not send Suarez on loan? Someone will jump at that outside the PL the club can pay a whacking great fee and the wages. The player will be happy, get his games in a WC year, Liverpool can use the wages/fee towards a replacement. Suarez is then sold on next summer or even January.

okay okay it was just an idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

mike65 wrote: »
    Here's an idea - why not send Suarez on loan? Someone will jump at that outside the PL the club can pay a whacking great fee and the wages. The player will be happy, get his games in a WC year, Liverpool can use the wages/fee towards a replacement. Suarez is then sold on next summer or even January.

okay okay it was just an idea!
    only if we pay half his wages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Anyone reliable on twitter talking about anyone??

Forgetting about Suarez, and his possible replacement, what AM are we signing??

Has Eriksen gone to Milan?

I'm still expecting a major signing to make up for missing out on Mkh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Guardian (Hytner and Hunter) are claiming that Arsenal are going to increase their offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Blatter wrote: »
    Guardian (Hytner and Hunter) are claiming that Arsenal are going to increase their offer.

If they do increase their offer it must mean for sure that the '40m clause' means very little.

• Advertisement

How would they like him wrapped?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

No Suarez to Arsenal?
    Joseph Musker ‏@Musker_LFC 20m
    Liverpool have told Arsenal they have no intention of selling Luis Suarez, under any circumstances, to a team they consider rivals. (Times).

Dan Wilcox (@LfcDan)
    7/26/13, 11:14 PM
    LFC have informed Arsenal that they have no intention of selling Luis Suarez in any circumstances to a team they consider rivals. (Times)

Get Football News (@GetFootballNews)
    7/26/13, 8:51 PM
    Ian Ayre has stated that Luis Suarez is not for sale #LFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

£40,000,001.01

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

No Suarez to Arsenal?

Your manager was sending out a very different message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This saga is like Christmas for some people.

This saga is like Christmas for some people.

Its gonna end in a drunken domestic.

Suarez-BR-SG Meeting
    indy kaila
    14 minutes ago - 1999 referrals
    Suarez meeting with Manager & Captain
    According to our sources, Luis Suarez held two hour meeting with Brendan Rodgers and Steven Gerrard to discuss his future. We believe Brendan Rodgers asked Steven Gerrard to attend the meeting and give advice to Luis Suarez regarding his role at Liverpool Football Club. The club are hoping this meeting will bring some sort of reality to Suarez, the club have told Suarez, any 45m plus bid from RealMadrid will be seriously be looked at.

Well handled by LFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Say no to Rodgers. Say no to Ayer. Nod agreeingly with Gerrard.

• Advertisement

They probably should have gotten Van Persie on the phone too to run him through his trophy collection from his days there.

Must be a cushy number being a football journo right now. Mention one of Suarez/arsenal/Liverpool in an article and boom, everybody swarms on your article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Well no one can complain about the club rolling over. It's great to see us grow a backbone and it's bloody great to hear that we won't be considering offers from Arsenal.

Edit - That indy kaila guy has been shown to be a complete BS'er a number of times, god knows why anyone would be following him on twitter.

Opr

opr wrote: »
    Well no one can complain about the club rolling over. It's great to see us grow a backbone and it's bloody great to hear that we won't be considering offers from Arsenal.

Edit - That indy kaila guy has been shown to be a complete BS'er a number of times, god knows why anyone would be following him on twitter.

Opr

The implications of selling to Arsenal should be clear to everyone in fairness. I just hope it's settled asap.

Can Suarez maintain a two hour conversation in English?

He can speak very good english afaik

• Advertisement

How much of a two hour conversation with Gerrard and 'The Rodgers' would he understand?....okay...okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

opr wrote: »

Opr

To reiterate what OPR said: Indy Kaila is a phenomenal spoofer. Stay well clear of him.

Once more from Rory Smith...
    Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 38s
    Things do change in football, and you can never say never. But that is Liverpool's stance as of July 25, and it's what they've told Arsenal.

Ok, so Indy Kaila is a spoofer.

We'll keep refreshing manically for the next rumour.

Once more from Rory Smith...

So the other stuff from earlier is most likely bullsh*t and he is covering his ar*e.

• Advertisement

Times Article

BQIRDRKCcAA9Zji.jpg:large

BQIRZ3XCQAA0df9.jpg:large

Opr

So the other stuff from earlier is most likely bullsh*t and he is covering his ar*e.

More from Rory...
    Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 25s
    To those saying "Liverpool will have to let him go" if he does this, that or the other. They don't "have" to do anything.

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 35s
    Their view in the current circumstances is that he will not go to another PL club, especially one whose place in the CL they want to take.

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 41s
    That may change: a bigger bid, a transfer request, or whatever. And I don't know what the view is on Real, if they come in.

Rory Smith comes across as a serious spoofer

Things change. I reckon Real Madrid have made their interest known to LFC. Or maybe Suarez and his people have informed LFC about messages from Real.

You can either accept that we have to read between the lines; or come back on here Sat 17 Aug for the Stoke match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The implications of selling to Arsenal should be clear to everyone in fairness. I just hope it's settled asap.

The implications of selling to anyone are just as bad. We still lose him
    And I am sure Arsenal will strengthen either way so I dont see how its a major coup for us in any case

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Rory Smith comes across as a serious spoofer

I always thought he was quite a decent skin when he was covering us, much better than that **** Bascombe who took over. He did though at the time have good relationship with Rafa, has since written his book but how clued in he's on the ground these days I don't know.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

The implications of selling to anyone are just as bad. We still lose him
    And I am sure Arsenal will strengthen either way so I dont see how its a major coup for us in any case

True but there aren't too many players of suarez 's quality available atm. Anyone else that arsenal might buy as an alternative would likely have less of an impact.

Agger's Minion

BQH_tOlCUAAE9U5.png:large

Some more Twits.
    LiverpoolFC News ‏@LFCTransferNRS 4m
    Valencia left-back Aly Cissokho has been talking to Liverpool. (The TImes)

LiverpoolFC News ‏@LFCTransferNRS 18m
    Guardian say Luis Suarez is not expected to hand in a written transfer request to Liverpool.

LiverpoolFC News ‏@LFCTransferNRS 27m
    Arsenal are preparing a new offer for Luis Suarez. Liverpool have not granted Suarez permission to talk to Arsenal. (Guardian)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

nicol wrote: »
    True but there aren't too many players of suarez 's quality available atm. Anyone else that arsenal might buy as an alternative would likely have less of an impact.

Exactly, I don't think there's another player out there of Suarez level that Arsenal can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

expect arsenal to go after rooney if suarez not availible

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement