Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

RasTa wrote: »
    Anyone care to give me 5/1 for €20 on Swansea to finish above ye?

Said this the other day. There's a good chance of it happening. They're 9/2 to qualify for Europe again:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/swansea/to-qualify-for-europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Kess73 wrote: »
    Only if they have signed a new striker in the last day or so. :p

Andy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

I generally love reading through this thread, even reading what i would consider the "erratic" posts. But some of ye are taking what are minor actions in the grand scheme of things and placing massive significance on them.

Sahin is gone. He didnt work here. End of.

Yes, Tottenham have made better signings than us so far. End of.

Jesus, its time for a new season! A time that should be filled with joy, that no longer should we have to complete menial tasks around the house having no excuse not to do them. The premiership is back in 2 days and 30 mins!

The starting XI for Saturday is probably picked! Transfers will bear no significance come 12.45pm Saturday at Anfield.

We are more than likely in for yet another rollercoaster season being LFC fans, but embrace it! It is where we are as a club, it is the hand we have been dealt, and I for one am going all in.

YNWA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Vicxas wrote: »
    Can you give any interesting things a note down, probably wont be able to see it.

The only interesting thing he said is he won`t discuss Luis until he is back playing for us & nothing is coming soon on the transfer front (he did grin a bit on when Willian name was mentioned, not a great poker player Brendan). The rest was him avoiding Suarez questions, talking a bit about Stoke & the tour and showing the new Gnashers.
    Main-Rodgers-2064709.jpg
    Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Is that all he did at Dortmund so far?

He celebrated with the lads when they knocked out Real, is he getting game time there or is it Gundogan and Bender still?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

RasTa wrote: »
    Anyone care to give me 5/1 for €20 on Swansea to finish above ye?

Make it €100+ and we have a deal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I did not enjoy the pomposity of your previous post, you seem very condescending towards fellow fans, just pointing out you have made a few 'rubbish' posts yourself that would give us fans a bad name

Hulk would walk into our starting 11
    The current Celtic squad would be relegated

You can argue that Hulk would cost too much or that Celtic would have a different squad if they had EPL money, but the two points hold irregardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Not directing the next comment at you, but plenty of excuses were made for Gerrard when he was poor during the same period, plenty were made for Lucas when he looked miles off the pace, and so on.

As for opposition jogging past midfielders, well we still saw plenty of that even after Sahin was got rid of.

I agree that a player has to take the lionshare of the responsibility for how he performs, but a manager also plays a part in that performance through how he uses the player. Rodgers cocked up with Sahin, imo of course, and brought in a player that he either did not know enough about in terms of the player's injuries and where the player made his name positionwise, or he was of the thinking he could change the player's style of play in a very short span of time.

Funny thing about Sahin was when he slipped back into his better role for two or three games in a row, it saw him notch 3 goals and three assists. Not a bad return from 12 games of which a number were appearances from the bench.

Just thought it amusing that the player who was regarded as a misfit for us was then able to go back to the Bundesliga and stand out in both domestic games and in Champions league games when used in the role he made his name in.

He is gone now and for the most part his term with us has to be reagrded as a failure, but I cannot help but think that we missed a trick in not keeping him and that in many ways both the player and us were unlucky with the timing of the loan as I think he would have thrived in the team post January as the set up of the team from that point on was quite different compared to that of the first half of the season.

I was not against him staying at the club as he is clearly a very good player but IMO he didn't look like a guy who wanted to play for us. In hindsight, when it didn't work out with Real he probably wanted a move back to Germany.

He was never going to replace Lucas in the team so thats a mute point. As for Gerrard - that would have been a huge call. Drop a guy who has performed year after year to start Sahin who looked OK at best.

That is a massive call to make and I would imagine BR would have been slated if he went down that road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Don't think Swansea will finish above Liverpool.

EL will have an impact on Swansea.

Think Liverpool will finish 6th with Swansea in or around 10th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

IK09 wrote: »
    I generally love reading through this thread, even reading what i would consider the "erratic" posts. But some of ye are taking what are minor actions in the grand scheme of things and placing massive significance on them.

Sahin is gone. He didnt work here. End of.

Yes, Tottenham have made better signings than us so far. End of.

Jesus, its time for a new season! A time that should be filled with joy, that no longer should we have to complete menial tasks around the house having no excuse not to do them. The premiership is back in 2 days and 30 mins!

The starting XI for Saturday is probably picked! Transfers will bear no significance come 12.45pm Saturday at Anfield.

We are more than likely in for yet another rollercoaster season being LFC fans, but embrace it! It is where we are as a club, it is the hand we have been dealt, and I for one am going all in.

YNWA

Last season wasn't a rollercoaster. We never threatened to win anything or qualify for anything (I suppose we threatened EL qualification once or twice). It was highly boring and one paced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Make it €100+ and we have a deal

Any chance you could sort it with him by PM so we don't have his betting sh*te clogging up the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Believe what you must.

But if Real Madrid or any Foreign Club came in with a Decent Offer, Suarez goes.

Bloody foreigners! Coming over here taking our Suarezes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Last season wasn't a rollercoaster. We never threatened to win anything or qualify for anything (I suppose we threatened EL qualification once or twice). It was highly boring and one paced.

Again with the short sighted-ness...in the grand scheme of things. Last season is still going and i would consider the Suarez saga a rollercoaster like, off the field event.

Is that all he has done at Dortmund so far?

You tell me. The games I saw he came on late or not at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Liverpool vs Spurs: midfield options

Suarez or Bale
    Coutinho or Dembele
    Gerrard or Paulinho
    Lucas or Sandro
    Allen or Chadli
    Henderson or Capoue
    Sterling or Lennon
    Aspas or Siggurdson
    Alberto or Holtby
    Ibe or Carroll

There's nothing in that, especially when Bale's odds-on to leave, and Suarez is odds-on to stay.

Jaysus, comparing Allen to Chadli...

Have you ever seen Chadli play? He most definitely does not do a job in the middle of the park a lá Joe Allen.

In any case; comparisons on a player by player basis are a bit of a mute point. Its the sum of the parts that makes the team.

cson wrote: »
    Jaysus, comparing Allen to Chadli...

Have you ever seen Chadli play? He most definitely does not do a job in the middle of the park a lá Joe Allen.

In any case; comparisons on a player by player basis are a bit of a mute point. Its the sum of the parts that makes the team.

I couldn't take another lesson :confused:

• Advertisement

T-K-O wrote: »

In fairness he did make the point a couple of pages back that Sahin was never going to drop in and dislodge a midfield, and Gundogan in particular, who had performed very well up to that point.

From what I can see, and for reasons best known to Brendan Rodgers, Sahin never got a fair crack of it at Liverpool. I'd have been pretty confident that had he signed for Arsenal, he'd have had a much better season last year in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Liverpool vs Spurs: midfield options

Suarez or Bale
    Coutinho or Dembele
    Gerrard or Paulinho
    Lucas or Sandro
    Allen or Chadli
    Henderson or Capoue
    Sterling or Lennon
    Aspas or Siggurdson
    Alberto or Holtby
    Ibe or Carroll

There's nothing in that, especially when Bale's odds-on to leave, and Suarez is odds-on to stay.

Aspas is a wide forward/striker who can play outwide in a front three or as a support striker behind the main striker, but not as a conventional winger in a 4 man midfield. So he is not really a great midfield option for us no more than say Defoe was for them the times that AVB used him as a wide forward rather than as a striker. Spurs also have Townsend as a wide midfield option.

If we look at the options in terms of best position for each player rather than doing a vesus system that compares wingers to central midfielders and so on, we get the below.

Liverpool

Central Midfield

Gerrard
    Lucas
    Allen
    Henderson

Wide players

Sterling
    Suarez
    Ibe
    Aspas

Attacking midfielders

Coutinho
    Alberto

Spurs

Central Midfield

Sandro
    Capoue
    Dembele
    Paulinho
    Carroll

Wide players

Bale
    Townsend
    Chadli
    Lennon

Attacking midfielders

Siggurdson
    Holtby

They look stronger in terms of experience/options/quality on the central midfield and wide positions to me, and although I think we have the best player in the AM category, there is a massive gulf between either of Siggurdson and Holtby to Alberto who has spent the bulk of his career playing in the reserve teams of both Sevilla and Barca.

I think we can look at the likes of Suarez, and Coutinho and feel that there is nobody in the Spurs setup better than them in their best positions, but it becomes very difficult to do so with the rest of our options and becomes even more difficult, for me anyway, to look at our options as playing units and think we are better or very close to what they have.

Now if we were to bring in some quality in the CM position and some genuine quality in one of either the AM or wide positions, then I would be far more confident in our options matching their options as playing units. I know that all I have typed is subjective, but as things stand I think they have the potential within their ranks for higher quality and more balanced midfield units than we currently do.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Andy?

No I'm Kess. Pleased to meet you. :p

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

http://ie.soccerway.com/players/nuri-sahin/1964/

In fairness he did make the point a couple of pages back that Sahin was never going to drop in and dislodge a midfield, and Gundogan in particular, who had performed very well up to that point.

From what I can see, and for reasons best known to Brendan Rodgers, Sahin never got a fair crack of it at Liverpool. I'd have been pretty confident that had he signed for Arsenal, he'd have had a much better season last year in England.

It would have been easier for him at Arsenal thats for sure. Its hard to make a case for guy to play when not only he is struggling but the team also.

Sure, he's gone now

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

daithijjj wrote: »
    Well it all makes sense now, bid for nobody, we get nobody.

Why would Suarez have any baring on anything?, we have to wait for Suarez to go before we buy a CB for example?. A forward signing sure, but a CB/LB/DM?, is that what we have become now?, slaves on and off the pitch to one man?. We are 5m in the red this window, plus whatever wages have gone, a decent lump id say. Id be amazed if we hadnt low balled for at least 3 or 4 players at minumum in the last month. Wtf are we doing if we arent?.

If you've Read some of my previous Posts, I've said that I'm also baffled by our Transfer Committee. Me and Kess had a Discussion already about this.

I mean, I thought for sure we would go for Eriksen, Toby and/or Wanyama. But we didn't.

And if you've been following our Transfers after signing Squad 4 (Toure, Mignolet, Aspas, Luis Alberto), most of our Dealings revolved around Loan with an Option to Buy for a Left Back (Cissokho, Melgarejo).

The only one we've definitely had a Bid so far apart from HM and Papa, is Sigueira. And that's because Granada was good enough, to post it on their Website.

As for CB, who knows? Maybe the Transfer Committee/BR thought that Toure and Wisdom was already Good enough, but the Celtic Game changed their mind.

We'll know more, once the Transfer Window ends. For now, I'm as Mystified as some of you on how we do our Transfers, but Intrigued nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Did he not score twice for us?

As a Liverpool fan, I was damn chuffed you lot didn't get him, especially after Shinji went to United. Seeing Nuri at Arsenal would have been too much back then :pac:

In hindsight, I wished Arsenal had signed him and I say that as a fan of the player and Dortmund... but that might have meant Dortmund not getting back on loan and hopefully on a permanent transfer next summer.

I was not against him staying at the club as he is clearly a very good player but IMO he didn't look like a guy who wanted to play for us. In hindsight, when it didn't work out with Real he probably wanted a move back to Germany.

He was never going to replace Lucas in the team so thats a mute point. As for Gerrard - that would have been a huge call. Drop a guy who has performed year after year to start Sahin who looked OK at best.

That is a massive call to make and I would imagine BR would have been slated if he went down that road.

Was not suggesting anything of the sort and it is something that I was asked a number of times last season regarding Sahin. My answer back then is the same as it is now.

In my opinion Rodgers got it wrong by not swapping Gerrard and Sahin in the earlier stages of last season when Lucas was out. Both would still have been on the pitch, but I would have had Sahin where Gerrard was played pre December and Gerrard would have gone where Rodgers played Sahin.

The Lucas role would still have been split between Lucas (once he returned) and Allen.

To use Dortmund during Sahin's last season as a template.

Lucas/Allen would have been in the Bender role, Sahin would have been in the traditional number 8 role alongside whichever was playing from that pairing, and Gerrard would have been in the Kagawa role albeit maybe a slightly less advanced version.

I think that would have played more to the strengths of the players we had rather than shoe horning both Gerrard and Sahin into roles they normally supported/had supporting them over the roles they were more proven in.

Whats your point

:confused:

Clink the link!

He started 9 games with 8 appearances as a sub. He also started the first game of the season last weekend and was the best player in pre-season. His first pre-season in 2 or 3 years.

As a Liverpool fan, I was damn chuffed you lot didn't get him, especially after Shinji went to United. Seeing Nuri at Arsenal would have been too much back then :pac:

In hindsight, I wished Arsenal had signed him and I say that as a fan of the player and Dortmund... but that might have meant Dortmund not getting back on loan and hopefully on a permanent transfer next summer.

I'm glad we're in agreement that you're a class act. :)

I'm glad we're in agreement that you're a class act. :)

Class acts don't get bullied by tiny welsh men. ;)

:confused:

Clink the link!

He started 9 games with 8 appearances as a sub. He also started the first game of the season last weekend and was the best player in pre-season. His first pre-season in 2 or 3 years.

Great he's finding form again and at a club he obviously wants to play for.

That doesn't change anything, it didn't happen when he was with us and its that simple really.

Was not suggesting anything of the sort and it is something that I was asked a number of times last season regarding Sahin. My answer back then is the same as it is now.

In my opinion Rodgers got it wrong by not swapping Gerrard and Sahin in the earlier stages of last season when Lucas was out. Both would still have been on the pitch, but I would have had Sahin where Gerrard was played pre December and Gerrard would have gone where Rodgers played Sahin.

The Lucas role would still have been split between Lucas (once he returned) and Allen.

To use Dortmund during Sahin's last season as a template.

Lucas/Allen would have been in the Bender role, Sahin would have been in the traditional number 8 role alongside whichever was playing from that pairing, and Gerrard would have been in the Kagawa role albeit maybe a slightly less advanced version.

I think that would have played more to the strengths of the players we had rather than shoe horning both Gerrard and Sahin into roles they normally supported/had supporting them over the roles they were more proven in.

Gerrard is not going to be moved from that Position. He said it in a fair number of Interviews, that DLP is where he sees himself.

Rodgers a New Manager, is not gonna Gainsay it.

It's pretty much CAM or the Bench for Sahin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Great he's finding form again and at a club he obviously wants to play for.

That doesn't change anything, it didn't happen when he was with us and its that simple really.

I agree. Sometimes moves just don't work out. Annoying there are people out there that doubt his ability and mental state though which is where my frustration comes from, that and I fully believe he could have offered so much more if given a little time and a chance.
    Gerrard is not going to be moved from that Position. He said it in a fair number of Interviews, that DLP is where he sees himself.

And this was something I was worried about last summer. People call it excuses, they're facts.
    • Signing Allen for the price he did.
    • The need for Lucas in the midfield and then getting injured. Remember Nuri in the holding role vs Stoke? :o
    • Gerrard being simply undroppable, despite being piss poor early in the season.
    • Nuri's long layoff and no real pre-season for the past 2 summers to speak of.
    • Rodgers first season as Liverpool manager.

I'm not entirely convinced he was Rodgers signing tbh.

I still stand that he could have played the CAM role if he was given more than two games in a row and that being only once(!), he's done it on occasion for Dortmund.

Anyway, I'm done. GTA V is more interesting right now than discussing this! :)

Players don't choose where they play. The manager does that.

If they can't make those decisions they shouldn't be in the job.

@ Nuri, probably just one of those Forlan - esque transfers. I think most in here recognized his ability but with the team struggling and Sahin not firing on all cylinders. It was curtains

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Players don't choose where they play. The manager does that.

If they can't make those decisions they shouldn't be in the job.

Remember AVB with Chelsea?

If Rodgers, a newly installed Manager, takes a Hardline Stance against Mr. Liverpool, then he'll get a Revolt in his hands.

You're Dismissing the Influence of the Dressing Room/Media, specially one with a Captain that has a Storied History like our Gerrard.

All it takes is a few words to a Teammate/Reporter and BR will have a Sh!tstorm in his hands.

It's a Scenario every Manager, New or Old, likes to Avoid.

Remember Di Matteo?

If Rodgers, a newly installed Manager, takes a Hardline Stance against Mr. Liverpool, then he'll get a Revolt in his hands.

You're Dismissing the Influence of the Dressing Room/Media, specially one with a Captain that has a Storied History like our Gerrard.

All it takes is a few words to a Teammate/Reporter and BR will have a Sh!tstorm in his hands.

It's a Scenario every Manager, New or Old, likes to Avoid.

Can't agree with any of these, in fact it's insane to suggest it.

No he is not going to be moved from the DLP role now, despite him not being excellent there, but during the first half of last season he was often poor in the not quite a DLP not quite a cm role he was used in, so for me it would have made more sense back then to have used the guy who made his name in a similar type role and to have used the guy who excelled in the attacking role in the attacking role. At least until the team stabilised somewhat and the manager started to settle on how he wanted to lay out his team (which he did post Xmas).

Means nowt now as we will be starting the new season with no real pace and little mobility in the centre, so will just be hoping that Gerrard can have an Indian summer of a season and that Lucas ups his game to something close to his old level. I am not worried about the number of tackles Lucas will put in, or the amount of interceptions he will make, the stat about Lucas that bothers me is that last season he was one of the most dribbled past midfielders in the league, and I think that for CMs/DMs he had the worst minutes to being dribbled past ratio in the top division.

Against decent to good midfields, Gerrard won't be helping Lucas much with that stat. Which makes me think, if Rodgers is not going to bring in some genuine quality in the centre, that he is going to gamble on our attack being able to maul the so called lesser teams in the league and get more wins than draws against such teams, and he will just let the cards fall where they may against teams with the better and more tenacious midfields.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

In relation to the new TV money that we apparently aren't spending, when exactly is it paid?

Is it paid in instalments during the season or in a lump at the end of the season when all the matches played on TV are known?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Against decent to good midfields, Gerrard won't be helping Lucas much with that stat. Which makes me think, if Rodgers is not going to bring in some genuine quality in the centre, that he is going to gamble on our attack being able to maul the so called lesser teams in the league and get more wins than draws against such teams, and he will just let the cards fall where they may against teams with the better and more tenacious midfields.

Our midfield did fine, better than fine actually, against some of the better midfields last season. Completely outplayed City in midfield twice, at least gave as good as we got against Spurs and United. Chelsea outplayed us at the Bridge, we outplayed them at Anfield. Only Arsenal, of the top teams, really outdid us in midfield imo, and that was down to their superior skill and (the Anfield match) poor tactics from Rodgers.

What worries me most about our midfield is that we only have 4 senior players for that position. I think we need one more in there.

Not saying our midfield doesn't need improving - it certainly does - but I don't necessarily think it will be our weakness in big games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

If you've Read some of my previous Posts, I've said that I'm also baffled by our Transfer Committee. Me and Kess had a Discussion already about this.

I mean, I thought for sure we would go for Eriksen, Toby and/or Wanyama. But we didn't.

And if you've been following our Transfers after signing Squad 4 (Toure, Mignolet, Aspas, Luis Alberto), most of our Dealings revolved around Loan with an Option to Buy for a Left Back (Cissokho, Melgarejo).

The only one we've definitely had a Bid so far apart from HM and Papa, is Sigueira. And that's because Granada was good enough, to post it on their Website.

As for CB, who knows? Maybe the Transfer Committee/BR thought that Toure and Wisdom was already Good enough, but the Celtic Game changed their mind.

We'll know more, once the Transfer Window ends. For now, I'm as Mystified as some of you on how we do our Transfers, but Intrigued nonetheless.

Im not particularly that interested in the mechanics of how transfers get done, as long as they are actually done. If they dont get done then i will look as to why we are the way we are. Ive given my thoughts on that already so no need to repeat it again today.

On the face of it its like this.

We are going into the season with our best player not giving a fk and a profit made on xfers. People can argue the rest amongst themselves, i personally think we are weaker right now than we were in May, with the season starting in 2 days. Of course, that will only reflect itself over the next while and so will the opposite opinion.

5live wrote: »
    In relation to the new TV money that we apparently aren't spending, when exactly is it paid?

Is it paid in instalments during the season or in a lump at the end of the season when all the matches played on TV are known?

Does it really matter when we get it?

No he is not going to be moved from the DLP role now, despite him not being excellent there, but during the first half of last season he was often poor in the not quite a DLP not quite a cm role he was used in, so for me it would have made more sense back then to have used the guy who made his name in a similar type role and to have used the guy who excelled in the attacking role in the attacking role. At least until the team stabilised somewhat and the manager started to settle on how he wanted to lay out his team (which he did post Xmas).

Means nowt now as we will be starting the new season with no real pace and little mobility in the centre, so will just be hoping that Gerrard can have an Indian summer of a season and that Lucas ups his game to something close to his old level. I am not worried about the number of tackles Lucas will put in, or the amount of interceptions he will make, the stat about Lucas that bothers me is that last season he was one of the most dribbled past midfielders in the league, and I think that for CMs/DMs he had the worst minutes to being dribbled past ratio in the top division.

Wasnt Rodgers talking about playing a 1-2 against weaker teams/home games and 2-1 against stronger teams/away games to provide extra cover for Lucas and the CBs in the tougher fixtures?

Does it really matter when we get it?
    From a cash flow point of view, it certainly does.

All the evidence i have seen the past year points to the club not spending money it hasn't got. To spend end of season money now would require the club to secure bridging finance till the actual cash arrives and i have seen little to suggest FSG are inclined towards doing that.

Just wondering if that had a bearing on why no signings seem imminent.

• Advertisement

All the evidence i have seen the past year points to the club not spending money it hasn't got. To spend end of season money now would require the club to secure bridging finance till the actual cash arrives and i have seen little to suggest FSG are inclined towards doing that.

I don't think we are that strapped for cash that the money has to be in the bank before we spend. We should be in the black by quite a bit anyway atm so money shouldn't be a problem

If we cannot generate funds based on guaranteed money at the end of the season we have far bigger problems than the lack of signings.

IMO, we do not have such problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

The new TV money is factored into this coming season in conjunction with the new EPL financial fair play rules. If a clubs wage bill is over 52m for the year it can increase that by 4m per year or 12m over the next 3 years (with the 3rd year being 15/16) and fall within the EPL FFP rules.

Wasnt Rodgers talking about playing a 1-2 against weaker teams/home games and 2-1 against stronger teams/away games to provide extra cover for Lucas and the CBs in the tougher fixtures?

He certainly did say something along those lines last summer, not sure if he did so again this summer but he may well have done so.

We played the first half of last season in that manner. Switching and tweaking the formation, especially in midfield, but in the second half of last season he pretty much settled on a flat two in the centre and the third midfielder either taking the AM role or the 1.5 role depending on which player was used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Come on Limerick!!!!!!!

Sorry, Wrong thread....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement