Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I see Moley is stoking the fires again, saying we are still likely to sign a "marquis player"...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Dickerty wrote: »
    I see Moley is stoking the fires again, saying we are still likely to sign a "marquis player"...

Did he spell it like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

daithijjj wrote: »
    The new TV money is factored into this coming season in conjunction with the new EPL financial fair play rules. If a clubs wage bill is over 52m for the year it can increase that by 4m per year or 12m over the next 3 years (with the 3rd year being 15/16) and fall within the EPL FFP rules.

Thanks for that but i was wondering at what point in the season the money is actually paid.

I was talking to a few supporters last night and the point came up about about profits made on transfers and savings made on wages. One lad put it out that FSG dont look like they would be keen on spending borrowed money and he reckoned unless it was a 'marquee' signing then FGS wouldnt spend more than budgeted for in that period.

The more we discussed it the more likely it looked, not that that was any guarantee of accuracy. Just thought i would put it out there as a possible factor in not spending money, thought not the major factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Vanolder wrote: »
    Come on Limerick!!!!!!!

Sorry, Wrong thread....

hmmm...no edit time, which suggests that you posted this on purpose...im on to your game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Must be that De Sade chap from France.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Moley says a lot of things.....

Moley ‏@MoleyBTK 31m
    Did you know that BR was #mcfc 1st choice to take over from Mancini but he turned them down

Moley ‏@MoleyBTK 49m
    People don't think we will get a marquee signing even though we have 45m to spend , we will get a marquee player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Come on Limerick!!!!!!!

Sorry, Wrong thread....

Wrong day. Come back Sunday to see them sweep into the All Ireland Final. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Moyes questioning this seasons fixture list and suggesting that it's fixed angers me, that said it doesn't surprise me. Fair enough, Manchester Utd have some tough opening fixtures but I seem to remember our opening fixtures last season weren't too far off theirs this season. We had City, Arsenal and United in ours, they have Chelsea, ourselves and City.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/david-moyes-questions-fixture-list-1.1495143

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Southampton last season had a crazy difficult first 5/6 games. I think they played City/Utd/Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal in that time. Probably an overblown 'news' item, but I love the automatic defence weapons deployed in the utd thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Saw this on Twitter, probably made for Smartphones.
    800227473.png?1376566808

Anyway, it shows that Lucas does compare favorably to other DMs in terms of Stats.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

5starpool wrote: »
    Southampton last season had a crazy difficult first 5/6 games. I think they played City/Utd/Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal in that time. Probably an overblown 'news' item, but I love the automatic defence weapons deployed in the utd thread.

I went in to have a look and could only read a few comments before leaving. I thought Moyes was a bad sport for questioning the fixtures in the first place but my good God...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Moyes is trying to use fergie tricks.

it's weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

djibril on his way back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

5starpool wrote: »
    Did he spell it like that?

Damn it - he didn't, that was someone else. So now instead of being funny, I just look like I can't spell.

I can though, towtilly...

Uruguayan Manager Tabarez on Suarez.
    Alvaro Levrero @AlvaroLevrero
    Terminan d confirmarme que el #MaestroTabárez aconsejó a #LuisSuárez que sólo acepte pase a #RealMadrid Si no, quedarse en #Liverpool

Google Translate
    Alvaro Levrero @ AlvaroLevrero end up d confirm that # # LuisSuárez MaestroTabárez advised to only accept pass to # RealMadrid If not, stay in # Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

audman wrote: »
    Moyes questioning this seasons fixture list and suggesting that it's fixed angers me, that said it doesn't surprise me. Fair enough, Manchester Utd have some tough opening fixtures but I seem to remember our opening fixtures last season weren't too far off theirs this season. We had City, Arsenal and United in ours, they have Chelsea, ourselves and City.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/david-moyes-questions-fixture-list-1.1495143

It's bad when he's already making excuses.

Villa have:

Arsenal away
    Chelsea away
    Liverpool home
    Newcastle home
    Norwich away
    City Home

Now that's a pretty tough opening 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is the thread FF league that nobody actually pays attention to running this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Is the thread FF league that nobody actually pays attention to running this year?

I only registered my team an hour ago and quickly threw it together. Was automatically added to the LFC Thread League and a general Boards.ie League from last season.

My interest in the last few years has always taken a nose dive after the first few weeks, regardless of how well I'm doing.

See how long I'll stay with it this year :D

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    I only registered my team an hour ago and quickly threw it together. Was automatically added to the LFC Thread League and a general Boards.ie League from last season.

My interest in the last few years has always taken a nose dive after the first few weeks, regardless of how well I'm doing.

See how long I'll stay with it this year :D

Likewise...I still had Suarez in my team at the end of last season. The names are the best bit anyway....honorable mention to Downing Syndrome and Doni Kebab :D.

I made a resolution to watch more NFL this year so signed up for Fantasy NFL...and to say it's overwhelming is an understatement. Doesn't help that my knowledge of players consists of a few games of Madden with my brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Villa have:

Arsenal away
    Chelsea away
    Liverpool home
    Newcastle home
    Norwich away
    City Home

Now that's a pretty tough opening 6.

villa get 6 points from that there doin well

barone wrote: »
    villa get 6 points from that there doin well

I don't care how many they get once they don't beat us!

Villa park has been good to us over the years tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Likewise...I still had Suarez in my team at the end of last season. The names are the best bit anyway....honorable mention to Downing Syndrome and Doni Kebab :D.

I made a resolution to watch more NFL this year so signed up for Fantasy NFL...and to say it's overwhelming is an understatement. Doesn't help that my knowledge of players consists of a few games of Madden with my brother.

'Cover For Lucas' would be my team name this year if I wasn't sticking with last year's name for luck. It's a phrase that I've seen on here more than any other in the last 2-3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

5live wrote: »
    Thanks for that but i was wondering at what point in the season the money is actually paid.

I was talking to a few supporters last night and the point came up about about profits made on transfers and savings made on wages. One lad put it out that FSG dont look like they would be keen on spending borrowed money and he reckoned unless it was a 'marquee' signing then FGS wouldnt spend more than budgeted for in that period.

The more we discussed it the more likely it looked, not that that was any guarantee of accuracy. Just thought i would put it out there as a possible factor in not spending money, thought not the major factor.

No idea when the 'cheque' clears but if we are this strapped then FSG might as well pack up and feck off tbh. Norwich have spent 26m more than us in this window.

The highlighted part doesnt really make sense though. A budget, but not really a budget. A budget we stick to but not if a big fee is required!!. And if we pay the big fee, are we in trouble?, if not, why was there a set budget in the first place?.

Plain and simple not being able to get deals done tbh. Its like we are stockpiling funds. Its all very 'Arsenal' to me. Anyone who reads here regularly knows that i believe we are, and have been, imitating Arsenal. We are just coming from a different angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Seriously, am I the only one that finds this offensive? This is the third time I have seen this in the last week

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Seriously, am I the only one that finds this offensive? This is the third time I have seen this in the last week

Don't think it's meant to make fun of anybody with Downs Syndrome or anything like that mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I find the fact that you take offense to that harmless comment, offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I've a relative with Downs, I laughed.

It's a bit on the Frankie Boyle side of humour though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I had a mate who called the band Syndrome Of A Down, because he didn't like them. Not sure if I was offended because I do like them or, you know...

It's a bit on the Frankie Boyle side of humour though

I'd take more offense at that. ;)

On the name...it was a play on words that got a few laughs...I don't think whoever used it was setting out to have a go at anyone or make fun of anyone...bar Downing. I don't see any reason for people to get offended at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

People often talk about our midfield being weak.

Who would you replace?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I used it yesterday. I was not poking fun at anyone with downs syndrome.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I used it yesterday. I was not poking fun at anyone with downs syndrome.

Yeah, people get offended handy enough these days. It'd be different if it was specifically aimed at someone, which it wasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

We'll just have to agree to disagree over the use of the phrase

BTW, just to clarify, I'm not having a go at who is using the phrase, I know you don't think it's offensive. I just having a go at the phrase itself. Anyway, I'll shut up about it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Come on Limerick!!!!!!!

Sorry, Wrong thread....

**** limerick

Come on the banner.

@MrBoywunder
    #LFC are re-interested in Aly Cissokho after Granada's refusal to sell Guilherme Siqueira. (Deporte Valenciano)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

billy2012 wrote: »
    People often talk about our midfield being weak.

Who would you replace?
    Lucas for me. Does a solid enough job, but not enough for me for a team aiming for Top 4. Gives away needless frees, misses tackles, unreliable passer more than 15 yards, pathetic at shooting.

The job he does is very good against good teams, but I believe he contributes very little in the 80% of games we play against lesser opposition

Appreciate that I'm in the minority re Lucas, but it just my opinion

Sappy404 wrote: »

How many times to we have to sign this guy. How does he keep escaping?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Lucas for me. Does a solid enough job, but not enough for me for a team aiming for Top 4. Gives away needless frees, misses tackles, unreliable passer more than 15 yards, pathetic at shooting.

The job he does is very good against good teams, but I believe he contributes very little in the 80% of games we play against lesser opposition

Appreciate that I'm in the minority re Lucas, but it just my opinion

I agree actually. When Lucas first came into the team under Rafa I thought he was the worst midfielder I had seen for a long time. He seemed maybe to fit into a role when Masch left and improved a lot. He is fairly good at the 'breaking up play' against quality opposition. The problem is a midfielder these days needs to offer more and I just dont see Lucas being part of a top 4 midfield
    I know hes loved around here so this might not be a popular opinion either :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

stephen_fry_quotes_on_being_offended.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

@MrBoywunder could just STFU for a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I've seen loads of people posting twatter comments from this boywunder. He's been wrong with everything he's said.

mike65 wrote: »

What if he has a Suarez Exclusive? :P

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I've seen loads of people posting twatter comments from this boywunder. He's been wrong with everything he's said.

He is quoting a newspaper in Valencia, lads. Not pulling nonsense out of thin air. Jesus Christ.

He is quoting a newspaper in Valencia, lads. Not pulling nonsense out of thin air. Jesus Christ.

So? Its still speculation in search of some facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

I agree actually. When Lucas first came into the team under Rafa I thought he was the worst midfielder I had seen for a long time. He seemed maybe to fit into a role when Masch left and improved a lot. He is fairly good at the 'breaking up play' against quality opposition. The problem is a midfielder these days needs to offer more and I just dont see Lucas being part of a top 4 midfield
    I know hes loved around here so this might not be a popular opinion either :cool:

I think Lucas is not just an important midfield player for Liverpool but the most important. Especially in a system where you want your full backs to push forward. He has massive game intelligence.

A midfield three needs balance. Three Gerrards would not work. In the role Lucas plays he's one of the best in the Europe.

So? Its still speculation in search of some facts.

Fine. Ignore it, so.

Yup.

Boywunder doesn't claim to be ITK, usually he just Re-twits stuff. So he is more like a News Rumor Repository.

If you're kinda lazy with Twitter, just follow Boywunder and you'll get to read all the Latest Rumors concerning LFC.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Meh, I rather follow one person who tweets all Liverpool related transfer stuff in their timeline so it's easier to follow. His vids are very good too.

In saying that, I'm sick and tired of our prolonged transfer sagas that happen. We're squabbling over what, €1M or so on the chance we MIGHT sign Cissokho next season after a loan deal this season? Bleh!

• Advertisement

Fine. Ignore it, so.

Sorry if I sound narked, I AM narked! :p

5 hours away from the internet and nothing has happened, I'm also suspicious of this Cissohko fella. He is far too desperate to join. Must be rubbish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement