Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Meh, I rather follow one person who tweets all Liverpool related transfer stuff in their timeline so it's easier to follow. His vids are very good too.

In saying that, I'm sick and tired of our prolonged transfer sagas that happen. We're squabbling over what, €1M or so on the chance we MIGHT sign Cissokho next season after a loan deal this season? Bleh!

Who is that person you are following? And may I follow too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

mrsoundie wrote: »
    Who is that person you are following? And may I follow too?

@MrBoywunder

mike65 wrote: »
    Sorry if I sound narked, I AM narked! :p

5 hours away from the internet and nothing has happened, I'm also suspicious of this Cissohko fella. He is far too desperate to join. Must be rubbish.

Anyone else read this as I AM naked?

Just me then?
    /

Want an Easy £10? Better start Twitting then. :D
    Peter ‏@PeterArsenalMH 14 Aug
    Luis Suarez will join Arsenal. To show you how confident I am, I will give everyone who retweets this £10 if he doesn't join.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Anyone else read this as I AM naked?

Just me then?
    /

People see what they wanna see mate :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

stephen_fry_quotes_on_being_offended.jpg

No offence intended pal but I find that quote to be one of the most irritating and meaningless ****e I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

mike65 wrote: »
    Sorry if I sound narked, I AM narked! :p

5 hours away from the internet and nothing has happened, I'm also suspicious of this Cissohko fella. He is far too desperate to join. Must be rubbish.

We made a deal for him but stopped short of signing him. Instead we went after Sequeira and sent Ayre to Spain but we haven't got our man, if last night's reports are anything to go by. We are back in for Cissokho now it seems.

Maybe we've decided to sign them both though. Who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nobody knows! :mad:

(this window is going to be the death of me and I've tried to retain a certain sang-froid about it.)

MrBoywunder ‏@MrBoywunder 1m
    Willian vs CSKA Moscow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

No offence intended pal but I find that quote to be one of the most irritating and meaningless ****e I've ever seen.

I find that quite offensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

NukaCola wrote: »
    I find that quite offensive

It's complete bollox in fairness. It effectively renders any opinion/stance/feeling redundant. Ironic given the type of site we are posting on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

It's complete bollox in fairness. It effectively renders any opinion redundant.

I was joking...... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This thread will eat itself.

We should have a shiney new thread in the morning

dfx- wrote: »
    This thread should see transfer deadline day, enjoy/hide behind the sofa - delete as applicable

previous thread here

bth_laughingandpointing.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Why put up vids of willian, ok i watch3d it but there is no fookin way we are gonna sign him so its just gonna dissapoint us even more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Why put up vids of willian, ok i watch3d it but there is no fookin way we are gonna sign him so its just gonna dissapoint us even more

How do you know, do you have a crystal ball? Is the window closed yet, no, it isn't!! No reason to think that we won't sign him or a few others between now and the close of window. Don't be so negative.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Some quotes, huzzah!
    Willian: "Now I'm hoping, of course, in the coming days to receive an offer from a club like Liverpool."

"Liverpool, it sure is a great club. I am hopeful and peaceful hoping for the best."

"I love the Premier League, much like the style of English football, and certainly if it happens will be good for me."

"I know there have been some conversations, but do not know about the values, my manager hasn't told me."

http://www.espn.com.br/post/349130_willian-elogia-liverpool-e-confirma-objetivo-de-jogar-na-inglaterra

William hails Liverpool and confirms goal of playing in England

622_8b49edf2-3cff-3400-acd1-b1bfaebfb51d.jpg

Like all accompanying international football already know, Suleyman Kerimov will cut its huge investments in Anzhi Makhachkala . This will result in the output of the main players on the team, including the Brazilian midfielder Willian.
    I spoke on Thursday with former Corinthians player and Shakhtar Donetsk, who no longer go to the game this weekend against Zenit. Said it had no official proposals after the crisis of the Russian club, but confirmed one made by Manchester City a few weeks ago, as I mentioned in the post linked above. Said, however, that aims to act in the Premier League and praised the Liverpool club must make an offer.

Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Tottenham. No matter the club, where William - bought for 35 million euros for Anzhi six months ago - he certainly have a positive impact on the team too large. Full interview below.

The first question is obvious and necessary: ​​what was your reaction when you saw news about cutting investments Suleyman Kerimov in Anzhi and then when I had confirmation of this news?
    I was caught by surprise. I just saw the news on the internet, then when I arrived at the club heard comments from many people, but of course it was a surprise. Nobody expected it, I certainly respect the decision of each. He must have his reasons for having done so. Try to stay calm, follow the work and do not lower your head, even with this situation.

There was no indication that this could happen?
    No, definitely not. The project was very big club, brought quality players, of course the club is still new, has several examples of new clubs starting to bring players and take time to adapt. It takes a while for the team to gain rapport, and when I arrived at Shakhtar, as at Manchester City, as in Chelsea. I do not know if it will happen again, as we learn by it will use more Russian players, do not want to invest much.

Among the objections raised by the Russian press for decision Kerimov, the weather was bad blood between players Anzhi, citing including the fight between Igor Denisov and Samuel Eto'o. It was bad weather?
    There was super quiet. Very good mood, do not know if there was also this same fight between Eto'o and Denisov. I have not seen, I have not seen, so I can not speak. But the mood was quiet a quiet group, the players always played, there was never any problem and since I've always been treated well. I have nothing to complain about the climate within the group.

How was the conversation with you? Who told you that you are free to "seek" a new club?
    Nobody actually ... Had no personal conversation with somebody, chairman, president ... He only warned that Anzhi will not invest more that six months from now the team back to Makhachkala, back to live there, they will get more Russian players and foreign players, if they have an offer, it will help.

The very Kerimov said that to the players?
    There. He warned us. Not wanting to give anyone for free, but made ​​it clear that getting good an offer, an offer that at least comes close to the values ​​that he bought the players for sure it would help, will help players go. Not giving anyone free, not as out in the press, on the internet 'settlement Anzhi'. Surely get an offer good for them, will release, if not get will not release. That's it.

A few weeks ago Manchester City made ​​a bid of 40 million euros to Anzhi for you, that this offer was refused. This happened before the crisis burst, before Suleyman Kerimov choose to cut investment in the club. What are your expectations now? Think by the end of this transfer window, ie until the end of August you will be player probably an English club?
    I've seen several sites, news of some clubs interested and my expectation is certainly great. I do not know the club, but is expected to play in a big club. As they promised they will help me out for which place I want to go, then I'm cool. I know if I get something I will get good news.

The "Guardian, the British newspaper much credibility, said in recent days that Liverpool prepares an offer of 35 million euros for you. Till now, after everything that happened, there has been no official proposal?
    For now it's just the same , conversations. Officer had no guess. As you said, was Manchester City who just refused and it's been a while. Now I'm hoping, of course, in the coming days to receive an offer from a club like Liverpool. If even Liverpool, it sure is a great club.'m hopeful and peaceful hoping for the best.

I will insist in the Premier League. Tottenham can "lose" Bale for 100 million euros and there would be a club that would enter the fray for you too. There Arsenal, Chelsea, I will not ask you the preference for such a club, but England is your goal?
    Absolutely. Of course England is a league that many dream of playing and I'm not diferete. I love the Premier League, much like the style of English football, and certainly if it happens will be good for me, for my image. I'll Grow professionally, are a Cup year and surely this will be a showcase for me. Not that I'm going there to be summoned, but sure I will have more chances, more appear. It is a goal, but the Spanish league is a league interesting, I really like the Italian is also a league that I like. The important thing is I'm happy.

You cited the selection. Missing one year and are not so many commitments of staff there, but you really think playing for a club such big leagues his chances of joining the group increases? Even because Oscar is the holder on the frame, but still do not have a reservation ...
    The chance may increase depending on what I'm producing. It does not help I go to a big club if the income is not the same as introduced in recent years in Ukraine and even here. I have to keep producing good football and growing every day, playing better. If I'm at my best, my chances will increase.

Of course now, looking back, it is easy to comment, give an opinion. But it hits a certain regret the decision to have gone out of Shakhtar and gone to Anzhi, bankrolled the only club that termination fine, as the Ukrainians did not want to release it?
    None. No regrets, I'm calm. If I came here was because I wanted to, nobody forced me, no one forced me to do so. I have no regrets about coming here. Everyone knows the history of the offers that had Shakhtar do not even need to say. Everyone knows of offers declined, so I wanted to get out of there and only club, as you said, we proposed to pay 35 million euros was the Anzhi.

Do you play video games?
    Lately I have not played ... Long time no game.

But've played enough?
    I've already played.

When you select a team in the Premier League what?
    While playing with a team was not English, playing with Barcelona or Real Madrid.

So would be good choices too, is not it?
    (laughs) Gee! Who does not want to play for Barcelona or Real Madrid? Great choices, but let's see what will happen in the coming days.

His expectation is that the outcome of their situation happen in the coming days at the most in a week, or think will linger until the end of the transfer window on August 31?
    do not know. It may happen tomorrow or one day 31. I hope that everything can be fine. Do not want to leave here fought, I have great respect for the president and everyone here. The offer is good for me and the club, either tomorrow or dseja 31st, hope everything is quiet.

The Anzhi Zenit grabs this weekend for the fifth round of the Russian Championship. You're not going to the game?
    Yeah, not going to the game.

The main stars will not play?
    Some players will not play. The Boussoufa and Diarra did not play. The Eto'o I do not know, I do not play and do not know if I have a few more players, but of course others that had always playing will not work in this game.

It was a decision of the technical committee, board or yours?
    Board's decision not to play this match was next to my direction. We talked and we think better, I personally, my situation was this, we better not play that game. Anticipating some situation further ahead, some offer, but that's what we agreed. Not playing against Zenit.

That is, until now no official offer to English clubs after the crisis, but consultations have happened to your business? Someone from Manchester City, Chelsea already talked to his manager to know about the value that should be offered to Anzhi?
    know that there have been some conversations, but do not know about the values, not my manager told me. He just said he had conversations with some clubs.

Which clubs?
    Nor said.

But they are in England?
    ... I think so

http://www.espn.com.br/post/349130_willian-elogia-liverpool-e-confirma-objetivo-de-jogar-na-inglaterra
    I don't think we'll have a Problem convincing this one. He seems favorable about joining Liverpool, judging by this Interview and the one he did before.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

And i promised myself i wasn't going to get hopes up again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

best of luck hope you get him lads.

• Advertisement

Yurt wrote: »
    And i promised myself i wasn't going to get hopes up again :(

137218755823.gif:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

bad2dabone wrote: »
    best of luck hope you get him lads.

Did you not get the memo? Apparently Arsenal & Liverpool supporters are to be at each others throats this summer.

Some quotes, huzzah!

he-loves-me_original.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Its gonna happen isn't it.

He'll end up at Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Did you not get the memo? Apparently Arsenal & Liverpool supporters are to be at each others throats this summer.

i've had enough of that ****e.

we had a rivalry without hating, i enjoyed that.

Its gonna happen isn't it.

He'll end up at Spurs.

I think this one has a chance, unlike Soldado or Costa. 'Cause he actually Fits the Bill (Pacy Playmaker/Winger) of what we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Some quotes, huzzah!

Those quotes are actually too perfect.

Something's going to go awfully wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Some quotes, huzzah!

Those quotes annoys me. It's great that he's interested but why haven't we bid yet? What are we waiting for? The club want to sell and the player is interested. There's been so much talk this summer of preparing bids, monitoring situations and keeping track of players, but we are just a few days before the start of the new season and we haven't signed anyone of significance. No disrespect to our signings, who I think are all good players, but they are not going to bring us to the next level. Frustrating.

I'd imagine if this guy signs Borini's days are numbered.

If Suarez stays our frontline will be seriously exciting

Willian----Sturridge---Suarez----

Coutinhio

I like that

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Coutinhio

I like that

Borini's days will be numbered to the amount of games Suarez is banned for. So good chance of him playing quite a few league games so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's going to have to change that N to an M.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Tusky wrote: »
    Those quotes annoys me. It's great that he's interested but why haven't we bid yet? What are we waiting for? The club want to sell and the player is interested. There's been so much talk this summer of preparing bids, monitoring situations and keeping track of players, but we are just a few days before the start of the new season and we haven't signed anyone of significance. No disrespect to our signings, who I think are all good players, but they are not going to bring us to the next level. Frustrating.

Apparently Anzhi have given Willian's people permission to negotiate a deal with interested parties. Perhaps it's a case of Liverpool agreeing terms with the player before they lodge an official bid...

I think this one has a chance, unlike Soldado or Costa. 'Cause he actually Fits the Bill (Pacy Playmaker/Winger) of what we need.

While I agree with you, there's also a bigger chance of Anzhi trying to shaft us by thinking we'll pay around €50M for him than with Costa at Atleti or Soldado when he was at Valencia. This is what worries me.
    Tusky wrote: »

Sure, if you believe the broadsheets, we only contacted Anzhi about Willian's availability for a transfer in the past 24-48 hours. Still early days in this.

Suarez----Sturridge---Willian

Coutinhio

I like that

I made a few changes.

I know Willian is 2-Footed, but I haven't seen him play RW. Watching MrBoywunder's Video earlier convinced me, that he'll do fine in RW.

Suarez is moved over to LW, so he can Shoot with his Stronger Foot when he Cuts Inside.

Coutinhio

I like that

You spelt INHO wrong. GET OUT RARNES!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Why does every Liverpool transfer deal seem so bloody complicated?

You spelt INHO wrong. GET OUT RARNES!

Red card offense tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Coutinhio

I like that

Seriously exciting one minute and seriously frustrating the next. Step overs and nutmegs galore!!!

I made a few changes.

I know Willian is 2-Footed, but I haven't seen him play RW. Watching MrBoywunder's Video earlier convinced me, that he'll do fine in RW.

Suarez is moved over to LW, so he can Shoot with his Stronger Foot when he Cuts Inside.

Licence to switch wings and Sturridge can play either side too.

I'm talking myself into a drool here :D

mav79 wrote: »
    Seriously exciting one minute and seriously frustrating the next. Step overs and nutmegs galore!!!

possession nutmeg champions 2013/2014

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

MrBoywunder ‏@MrBoywunder 1m
    Willian vs CSKA Moscow

Not bad. Crossing is abysmal though.

Ardent wrote: »

If we wanted crosses we'd have kept downing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Yawns wrote: »
    Borini's days will be numbered to the amount of games Suarez is banned for. So good chance of him playing quite a few league games so :D

What'll happen if he plays well in those 6 games, and scores 4-5 goals? Do you reckon Rodgers will still bring Suarez back immediately? That'd be a potentially divisive one in the dressing room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Is Willian best position not as a AM/number10 rather than a winger? I havent seen a lot of him but seem to remember him more in that role

sturridge
    willian
    inho

suarez

would be nice but we would still lack depth and could do with another winger imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

So Willian likes Liverpool. Now we know why Anzhi let us speak to him first, them second.They want to be the only hurdle to signing him, so they can maximise the fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Sappy404 wrote: »
    So Willian likes Liverpool. Now we know why Anzhi let us speak to him first, them second.They want to be the only hurdle to signing him, so they can maximise the fee.

Sounds like he likes a few clubs

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Is Willian best position not as a AM/number10 rather than a winger? I havent seen a lot of him but seem to remember him more in that role

sturridge
    willian
    inho

suarez

would be nice but we would still lack depth and could do with another winger imo

He can play CAM. But the majority of the Games I've seen him, he was playing LW.

HM was the one who played the CAM role for Shaktar, when he was there.

And based on MrBoywunder's Video, he plays RW for Anzhi.

redzerdrog wrote: »

sturridge
    willian
    inho

suarez

Henderson, Aspas, Borini, Sterling, Ibe is adequate backup imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Ardent wrote: »

With the strikers we having, crossing is almost pointless

Almost no wingers can cross anyway.

Anytime I've seen Navas play he does something amazing and gets past the fullback only to randomly poke the ball into the box. 9 times out of ten it comes to nothing. And he, too me, is typical of the modern winger.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement