Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

With the strikers we having, crossing is almost pointless

Suarez 6 foot, think Sturridge is quite tall too isn't he? Yeah, he's the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Henderson, Aspas, Borini, Sterling, Ibe is adequate backup imo.

think we need a bit more than adequate tbh and i disagree that the above is adequate

I like henderson but he is not a winger
    Aspas is not a natural winger but might do a job
    Borini has shown absolutely zero in a liverpool shirt and is even worse when out wide
    sterling and ibe are both very young so shouldn't be relied on too heavily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

redzerdrog wrote: »
    think we need a bit more than adequate tbh and i disagree that the above is adequate

I like henderson but he is not a winger
    Aspas is not a natural winger but might do a job
    Borini has shown absolutely zero in a liverpool shirt and is even worse when out wide
    sterling and ibe are both very young so shouldn't be relied on too heavily

I mean as a backup front 4 - not as backup wingers.

----Aspas
    Henderson
    Sterling

Borini

Would be our 'cup team'

Sterling is too good to be any lower in the pecking order than second choice imo.
    Henderson is pushing for a starting place
    Aspas has been pretty good in pre-season and is coming off a good season in La Liga so should be good backup
    Borini hasn't shown much for Liverpool so far, but has looked sharp in the last two pre-season games and had a good summer for Italy.

I'm not sure we can justify buying more than one attacking player - any other money should be directed elsewhere imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Linked with Willian, sign Will Hughes.

BOOM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

djPSB wrote: »
    Linked with Willian, sign Will Hughes.

BOOM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Hughes#Career_statistics

Check out his goals per game ratio, SIGN HIM UP!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Why do i get the feeling we will end up with Will-i-amnt rather than Willian:-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Could be worth putting a fiver on a draw v Stoke.

Therefore, when/if we draw it softens the blow somewhat.

If Stoke beat us...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

5live wrote: »
    Why do i get the feeling we will end up with Will-i-amnt rather than Willian:-(

Don't even think about it motherf*cker!

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056999951/742/#post85984061

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yurt wrote: »
    And i promised myself i wasn't going to get hopes up again :(
    Yawns wrote: »
    Did you not get the memo? Apparently Arsenal & Liverpool supporters are to be at each others throats this summer.
    bad2dabone wrote: »
    i've had enough of that ****e.

we had a rivalry without hating, i enjoyed that.

I think we share a mutual despair right now. And a hatred of Spurs of course, albeit it for different reasons! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

COYVB wrote: »
    What'll happen if he plays well in those 6 games, and scores 4-5 goals? Do you reckon Rodgers will still bring Suarez back immediately? That'd be a potentially divisive one in the dressing room

Don't worry,that won't be an issue.

djPSB wrote: »
    Could be worth putting a fiver on a draw v Stoke.

Therefore, when/if we draw it softens the blow somewhat.

If Stoke beat us...

'If Stoke beat us...' make sure to have 3 Stoke players in your FF team and it's a win-win-win situation :P

... and no, I'm not one of these people who would be happy with a player scoring against Liverpool by seeing the consolation in him being in my FF team, but there are some out there :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Hughes#Career_statistics

Check out his goals per game ratio, SIGN HIM UP!!!!

30 in 35, thats fcking awesome, even if it is the championship
    That Willian guy doesnt score much at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

30 in 35, thats fcking awesome, even if it is the championship
    That Willian guy doesnt score much at all
    Gets a few assists though, he is involved in a goal every other game or so looking at his stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Brendan Rodgers fears Luis Suárez could 'sabotage' Liverpool's season
    • Liverpool manager says players must not be distracted by saga
    • Club will refuse to talk about Luis Suárez until late September

Brendan-Rodgers-008.jpg

Brendan Rodgers fears Luis Suárez's efforts to force a move from Liverpool could "sabotage" the club's start to the Premier League season. The Liverpool manager reached tipping point in the Suárez transfer saga on Thursday and announced he will not answer further questions about the errant forward until late September, when the 26-year-old will have served a 10-match suspension for biting Branislav Ivanovic.

Relations between Rodgers and Suárez remain strained after the striker accused the manager of breaking promises over his future and was ordered to train away from the first-team squad as a consequence. They are due to discuss the impasse on Friday when Suárez returns to training from international duty with Uruguay in Japan.

Rodgers wants clarification from Suárez about his intentions following conflicting reports over his desire to stay at Liverpool while away in Japan. Publicly, however, the Liverpool manager claims there is nothing to add to the club's consistent stance that Suárez is not for sale, and that he cannot allow one disaffected striker to jeopardise the team's ambition of Champions League qualification this season.

"There's too much good work gone on here for it to be overtaken by anything else," said Rodgers before the vow of silence came into force. "The players have worked so hard, their concentration has been brilliant and we are all very determined this year. I can't let anything detract from that. Nothing can sabotage what we are trying to do. I don't really want to go on about it. It's just something we cannot afford to happen."

Suárez has denied reports that he intends to stay at Liverpool, a message that has not been relayed to his club, and has not given up on joining a team in the Champions League. Arsenal, who face a play-off against Fenerbahce, have had a £40,000,001 bid rejected and remain the only club to make an offer. But Liverpool are hopeful there is a growing acceptance within the Suárez camp that he will not be leaving Anfield this summer and that his various attempts to agitate for a transfer has not weakened their resolve.

Announcing his Suárez hiatus, Rodgers said: "It is very simple on Luis. So much has been written and said about Luis over the last few months but, from our perspective, there has been a standpoint within the club about where it's at and that hasn't changed. What I want to concentrate on is the players who are available for this weekend's game [at home to Stoke City] so I won't be speaking any more about Luis Suárez until he's available. Out of respect for the players who have worked so hard over the course of these last few months I don't want to answer any more on Luis Suárez.

"There's nothing to be said that hasn't already been said. I'm sure people are fed up listening and reading about it. My only concentration is the players who are available. They've worked tirelessly and purely out of respect for them and the work that has gone on, I only want to talk about them."

Rodgers was prepared to discuss Stewart Downing, who was sold to West Ham United for £6m this week having previously refused to consider a move to Upton Park before being informed his first team chances at Liverpool would be limited next season. Downing had two years remaining on an £80,000-a-week contract at Anfield but the Liverpool manager denies forcing the England international out, and claimed it was the 28-year-old's decision to go.

"It was ultimately the player's decision really," Rodgers said. "Stewart was one I was in no hurry to move, he had two years left on his deal. But he was offered an incredible deal at West Ham so decided to go with it. He had a difficult period early on but we had a wonderful relationship and he did a real diligent job for us on that side. It's something where he has taken that decision to go. He was always part of the plan here."

Liverpool have inquired about the £30m-rated Willian at Anzhi Makhachkala and Rodgers is adamant there will be further additions to his squad before the transfer deadline. Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel, who both missed last Saturday's friendly defeat by Celtic with minor injuries, returned to training on Thursday and are expected to be available against Stoke.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/15/brendan-rodgers-luis-suarez-sabotage-liverpool?CMP=twt_gu
    Jordan Henderson reinvigorated and ready to take opportunity at Liverpool after two years of disppointment at Anfield

Jordan Henderson senses he is at the start of something, a new beginning after two years of false steps and unfulfilled promise at Liverpool.

The sole survivor of Kenny Dalglish’s inflated multi-million pound splurge on the British talent of Andy Carroll, Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing, who departed Anfield in a loss-making £6m transfer to West Ham this week, Henderson goes into the new campaign under Brendan Rodgers entering a new phase in his life and career.
    A new-born daughter at home, combined with the end of his England Under-21 career this summer, has left the 23-year-old acknowledging that he is no longer a kid in a grown-up world and that the time has come to grasp the opportunity in front of him at Anfield.
    “I'm sure I go into every year thinking that it is my season,” said Henderson, who was speaking at an EA SPORTS FIFA 14 preview event.
    “I want to do my best every season I go into, but it's a massive year for the club and a massive year for me personally as well.
    "At the end of last year, I was in a good run of form and was more consistent in my performances, so hopefully I can just pick up where I left off."

Having been overlooked by Rodgers during the early days of the manager’s reign following his appointment 12 months ago, Henderson appeared to be destined to leave Anfield with his £16m transfer tag weighing heavily on his shoulders.
    But despite his battle to persuade Rodgers of his qualities, Henderson insists that the Northern Irishman was always prepared to hand him an opportunity if he accepted the challenge of changing his game to suit the new style of play at the club.
    “I've spoken to the manager from day one since he came in and he has improved my game,” Henderson said.
    “He told me what I needed to improve on and I felt as though I went away and did that. I feel I'm learning all the time in training and the manager has been brilliant in helping me do that.
    "It was just more advice towards the style we want to play. To go forward and tactically, what I needed to improve on.
    “I did that and I'm still doing it now, trying to improve my game, so hopefully I can carry that on and keep improving every day.
    "I didn't play as much as I liked initially, but I still had conversations with him (Rodgers) and he felt if I worked hard enough and did the things he said, that I could definitely get back in the team.
    "He gave me opportunities in Europa League games and Capital One Cup games and I made sure I took them to try and get into the first XI.
    “I’ve just got to make sure I do everything to get into his team.”
    Liverpool’s failure to secure European qualification last season has increased the pressure on Rodgers and the squad to restore the club to the Europa League or Champions League this season.
    But with Rodgers now established at Anfield, and with his methods understood by his players, Henderson believes stability will have a positive effect on the team.
    “To be honest, when Brendan came in last year we went through a period of transition with how the manager wanted us to play,” Henderson said.
    “I think we did that brilliantly over the course of the season and as the season went on we improved a lot.
    “It did take a bit of time, but that is natural with the different players and formations. It is different for different clubs.”
    Jordan Henderson was speaking at an EA SPORTS FIFA 14 preview event. Pre-order the FIFA 14 Limited Edition on Xbox 360 and PS3 before August 25th and receive 24 FIFA Ultimate Team PREMIUM Gold Packs only at Game.co.uk

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10246326/Jordan-Henderson-reinvigorated-and-ready-to-take-opportunity-at-Liverpool-after-two-years-of-disppointment-at-Anfield.html
    MrBoywunder ‏@MrBoywunder 4m
    Looks like @Karlton81 was right about BR wanting Downing to stay but the club overruled him

Liverpool reject Stewart Downing baffled by how quickly Brendan Rodgers sold him to West Ham

"The manager said he wanted me to stay. So I’m disappointed that one minute I was in the starting XI and the next I’m gone"

Stewart-Downing-signs-for-West-Ham-2160362.png

Stewart Downing has slammed Brendan Rodgers for going back on his word to keep him at Liverpool.

And the new West Ham winger is adamant that money played no part in his decision to leave Anfield.

Mirror Sport understands that Downing has actually taken a pay-cut to join the Hammers and was desperate to get regular first-team football after signing a four-year deal.

Downing was baffled to hear comments from his former manager on Thursday that he had been offered ‘an incredible deal at West Ham and has taken that decision to go’.

The 29-year-old clearly has a different take to the story and after, he claims, being told that he was a key part of Rodgers’ plans this season, he feels the Liverpool boss had a change of heart over his future and was happy for him to leave.

Downing featured heavily for the Anfield giants during the pre-season campaign and was preparing for their opening game against Stoke on Saturday.

But when West Ham made their interest known, Liverpool quickly accepted their £6million offer and Downing knew Rodgers had no plans to play him.

“I spoke to the manager and he said he wanted me to stay. So I’m disappointed that one minute I was staying and the next minute I’m gone," said Downing.

“It was a surprise because it happened so quick. One minute I was in the starting XI for Liverpool, and the next I was on my way to London.

“I was playing in the team and playing regularly and that’s why I was surprised to be told that a fee had been accepted. It is normally when you are not playing, or you are not in the squad is why you leave.”

When asked if he was surprised to hear Rodgers' comments that he had been offered an 'incredible' deal at West Ham and wanted to leave because of it, he replied: “I don’t know about that.

“Obviously, I’ve got a four-year contract but having the opportunity to play was the big thing. At my age, I need to play. And in a World Cup year, I need to be in with a chance.

“Maybe for the club it was an ­unbelievable offer, I don’t know.”
    With England facing crucial World Cup qualifiers against Moldova and Ukraine next month, Downing knows he has the ideal chance to force his way back into the senior squad if he manages to find his best form again at Upton Park.

England manager Roy Hodgson has showed he is ready to recall players who are hitting top form, and Downing feels he has the perfect opportunity to do that playing alongside the likes of Andy Carroll, once the striker is fit, and Matt Jarvis.

He added: “I always watch the England games. I think most players would think they can bring their qualities to the team.

“I went to the Euros and didn’t play and I haven’t been picked since, which is a bit strange. That’s why I think I’m moving at a good time with a year leading up to the World Cup I have a chance to play. It is up to me now.

“I didn’t play with Andy as much as we would have liked (at Liverpool) but I am looking forward to it. His strengths suit me, crossing and having someone in the box who will head it. I know he is a favourite here so hopefully he can carry on his form.

“He asked me if I was coming. I am glad he is here. He is probably happy I am here. He is a friend. If you are friends off the pitch you generally do well on it.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-reject-stewart-downing-baffled-2172626

COYVB wrote: »
    What'll happen if he plays well in those 6 games, and scores 4-5 goals? Do you reckon Rodgers will still bring Suarez back immediately? That'd be a potentially divisive one in the dressing room

I was actually thinking about situations like this in work the last day :D Look at the score we put up against Newcastle last year without him :P What if we start off really well with our attacking options getting a share of the goals? It'd be a tough decision to bring Suarez in after 6 games, plus given what went on this Summer. What would ye do guys? :) and girls :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

The echo are saying weve opened negotiations over willian

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-fc-step-up-pursuit-5738863#.Ug1LW2jUC3Y.twitter

Try not to get excited
    Try not to get excited
    Try not to get excited

Fcuk it im excited :D

klose wrote: »

Try not to get excited
    Try not to get excited
    Try not to get excited

This post reminds me of my sexual performances with regards trying to overcome my problem with premature ejaculation and try and beat my record of 37 seconds.

Try not to c*m
    Try not to c*m
    Try not to...

Sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-fc-step-up-pursuit-5738863#.Ug1LW2jUC3Y.twitter

Try not to get excited
    Try not to get excited
    Try not to get excited

thinknonsexythoughtsthinknonsexythoughtsthinknonsexythoughtsthinknonsexythoughtsthinknonsexythoughts

:eek: I did not need to read that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Try not to get excited
    Try not to get excited
    Try not to get excited

Mykhitaryan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Try not to get excited
    Try not to get excited
    Try not to get excited

RandyMarshJizz.jpg

Also, this thread won't make it through tomorrow

mike65 wrote: »
    :eek: I did not need to read that :eek:

You didn't need to, you wanted to x

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

If Anzhi will accept £35M or less and we have the money, we better just pay the amount they want instead of letting this drag out like we always do >_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

El Inho wrote: »
    RandyMarshJizz.jpg

Also, this thread won't make it through tomorrow

Surprised it made it through today tbh. That'll be two superthreads of madness before the season even starts. Think we all deserve a pat on the back for that!!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    If Anzhi will accept £35M or less and we have the money, we better just pay the amount they want instead of letting this drag out like we always do >_<

It's too late... I've bought into the rumours... I'm going to watch a video of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Presumably we've agreed some basic terms with the player himself if as the Echo reports we're now negotiating with Anzhi.

I'd give it 24 hours to get this sorted or I think we'll lose out to other clubs entering the race on hearing the terms from his agent.

It has to be quick if want him.

(Maybe audman can give Ayre a few tips);)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Sappy404 wrote: »
    thinknonsexythoughtsthinknonsexythoughtsthinknonsexythoughtsthinknonsexythoughtsthinknonsexythoughts

stupid-sexy-flanders_gp_1009833.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Wonder how Willian will do on Saturday vs. Stoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I know it's Pearce and the echo and all that but it seems like they are reading his quotes and maybe pulling a story together of us actually bidding for him. Doesn't sound quite right to me and most of the story is a copy of his interview to a Russian journalist.
    Also they report him on 100k .....wasnt he reportedly on 50k?

I smell a wild goose chase....

Surprised it made it through today tbh. That'll be two superthreads of madness before the season even starts. Think we all deserve a pat on the back for that!!

On the back? Awh :(

• Advertisement

We could have a fro in the team... Had everyone overlooked the street cred that would earn us... He can even wear 88 if he wants

gafferino wrote: »
    I know it's Pearce and the echo and all that but it seems like they are reading his quotes and maybe pulling a story together of us actually bidding for him. Doesn't sound quite right to me and most of the story is a copy of his interview to a Russian journalist.
    I smell a wild goose chase....

Ah sure look.. All we have is wild geese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-reject-stewart-downing-baffled-2172626

So that article about Downing above....I'm guessing I'm the only person it doesn't sit easy with?

One minute he's in the managers plans, the next he's not? The same manager is seemingly trying to make out Downing wanted the move, even implying it was for money? :confused:

Downing was always a top pro for us. Never moaned. Never whined. Played decent stuff the second half of last season too. Deserved better IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sorry if posted already.

Think Rodgers handled it well today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

gafferino wrote: »
    Tax rate for foreigners in Russia is 13%, marginal rate in the UK is closer to 50%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I agree with Redzer, I think one more attacking body is needed, on top of Willian or AN Other. Why I didn't think Downing should have been sold.

That said, it would be very much a backup option that would needed to be filled, so as far as I'm concerned Assaidi could fill it if he stays, which people don't seemed to have factored in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mr Alan wrote: »

So that article about Downing above....I'm guessing I'm the only person it doesn't sit easy with?

One minute he's in the managers plans, the next he's not? The same manager is seemingly trying to make out Downing wanted the move, even implying it was for money? :confused:

Downing was always a top pro for us. Never moaned. Never whined. Played decent stuff the second half of last season too. Deserved better IMO.

Ah ffs, you really will criticise him at any opportunity.

He was in the team, an offer came in and he's gone.

As simple as that, happens all the time.

You are overestimating Downing too.

I worry that this is the main reason that Rogers got the job, someone who doesn't rock the boat. That is the 2nd time in a year Rogers has been shafted by those above him.

I can't think of any other manager in the league that would stand for that tbh

Anzhi paid €35M (£30M) for him and considering that they're desperate to sell, I can't see us paying more than what they paid. It would be great if we could get them down to £20-£25M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Deserving better will not get us more assists and goals from the RW. We are looking to upgrade and Downing was surplus to requirements. Footballing decision I am completely comfortable with

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

murpho999 wrote: »
    Ah ffs, you really will criticise him at any opportunity.

He was in the team, an offer came in and he's gone.

As simple as that, happens all the time.

You are overestimating Downing too.

.. and only doing that because of who our manager is no doubt.

G.K. wrote: »
    I agree with Redzer, I think one more attacking body is needed, on top of Willian or AN Other. Why I didn't think Downing should have been sold.

That said, it would be very much a backup option that would needed to be filled, so as far as I'm concerned Assaidi could fill it if he stays, which people don't seemed to have factored in.

I actually did forget about him and have been impressed with the little we have seen of him so far but there is something fishy going on and rogers defo don't fancy him too much

It doesn't seem like it was Rodgers' decision. All transfers at the club are done by committee now, so Rodgers can be easily overruled.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I worry that this is the main reason that Rogers got the job, someone who doesn't rock the boat. That is the 2nd time in a year Rogers has been shafted by those above him.

I can't think of any other manager in the league that would stand for that tbh

Agreed.

Genuinely have no idea what the club is at anymore. Without wanting to steal Slicks thunder, we're 1 day away from the start of the season & we've yet to sign a top quality player to go straight into our first team. Not acceptable IMO.

Strange how a player who is the very embodiment of Mr Average is the subject of such salutation by Mr Alan.

• Advertisement

It doesn't seem like it was Rodgers' decision. All transfers at the club are done by committee now, so Rodgers can be easily overruled.

Not according to Rodgers who says he calls the shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Poor Stewart, treated badly it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

If he has been told that Downing needed to be sold to finance the William deal then I'm fine with it. If he's left by the club with egg on his face having let him leave while not bringing in a replacement like when we let Carroll go before signing the replacement then serious questions need to be asked about what the hell is going on at the club.

It makes me wonder did he even know much about Carroll going or was he shipped out under his nose similar to Downing. They seem like remarkably similar situations with Rodgers even saying after the whole Carroll thing that he would have never let him go had he known we wouldn't sign a replacement. It feels like at the moment that Rodgers' doesn't have as much power in the background as we might think.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Tax rate for foreigners in Russia is 13%, marginal rate in the UK is closer to 50%.

I thought I read somewhere that a lot of players have a much reduced tax liability than 50% because they get a salary from the club and then also get paid royalties or something for the image rights associated with the contract.
    Might be wrong, I'm far from a tax expert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Fair point but a large portion of this thread has become farcical with people singling out others for viewpoints and it gets tired and repetitive. We're not going to sign two or three first team players between now and deadline day nor do I expect us to challenge for CL at minimum with our current squad. Would rather discuss one realistic player who would make a big difference to the team then talk ad nauseum about any of the following:

Suarez
    Rafa
    Net Spend
    Wage Trimming
    Petit sniping at particular posters

Not the time for hypothetical situations, fair point, however, I'd take posts looking for sensible input over the nonsense that's crept/lept into this thread. (I'm more of a reader then a poster in here).

How do you know, do you have a crystal ball? Is the window closed yet, no, it isn't!! No reason to think that we won't sign him or a few others between now and the close of window. Don't be so negative.

This is liverpool we are talking about,im not being negative just realistic shur we were buying mickey t, costa, and sequeira too dont get me wrong id love willian but going on past experience i wouldnt hold my breath

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement