Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

You want us to sign players of the ilk of Willian but it's delusional that we could possibly sign him, hmm ok, what is ot they say around here, something about Kool aid!

I think it's clear at this point we won't be in the market for a player of that calibre, I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I am taking the piss :D

You are being perfectly reasonable but be careful about that realism :D

Us liverpool fans are our own worst enemies we get sucked in too much by idle chit chat and rumour and then get dissapointed when things dont work out, we just work ourselves into a frenzy you would think wed know better at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

(with apologies to Dylan Thomas) I must go gentle into this good night.

See you on the new thread on the 'morrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You want us to sign players of the ilk of Willian but it's delusional that we could possibly sign him, hmm ok, what is ot they say around here, something about Kool aid!

Should we, as men, all stop finding models attractive then? No but we realistically know that we haven't a hope in hell and shouldn't embarrass ourselves trying.

So we can have aspirations as fans to sign top tier players but, for your own sanity at the very least, you really do have to be realistic.

A signing like that would be great simply because it is a statement of intent but I wouldn't be overly hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I think it's clear at this point we won't be in the market for a player of that calibre, I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

How is that clear?? We've attempted to sign Mkh & now there are numerous sources reporting on how we are engaged in talks over the possible signing of Willian . Does that not show we are in the market for players of that calibre ?

• Advertisement

Hoki wrote: »
    How is that clear?? We've attempted to sign Mkh & now there are numerous sources reporting on how we are engaged in talks over the possible signing of Willian . Does that not show we are in the market for players of that calibre ?

No.

The only confirmation that we're in the market for top quality players would be....you guessed it....signing top quality players.

Everything else is just bluster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Kess73 wrote: »
    Model pro player whinging about a manager after he leaves a club despite previously talking about feeling like he was coming good and settling in?

Sounds like what Benayoun did when he left Liverpool.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jul/11/rafa-benitez-yossi-benayoun-liverpool

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/mar/05/yossi-benayoun-liverpool-rafa-benitez

In the case of both Downing and Yossi, it comes across as players with their noses out of joint

Ibrahimovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

who leaks this **** then? some fetishist?

edit...that was in reply that we are in for Willian. even his name is wonderful.

sturridge
    Suarez coutinho willian
    That would be some attack for fifa 14 if nothing else:D

No.

The only confirmation that we're in the market for top quality players would be....you guessed it....signing top quality players.

Everything else is just bluster.

There is no question we were in the market for Mikhtarian , he chose to go to a club who lost the Champions League final last season. If we go hard for Willian but he decides to go to City for example it doesn't mean we weren't in the market for him. You can't sign a top quality player without negotiation.

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    sturridge
    Suarez coutinho willian

Speaking of which it's amazing how bad we are in FIFA 13, even Suarez. I don't play as Liverpool too much to be honest, that being one of the reasons why. However I did today and my good God, muck! I know we have gone back in the last few years but I didn't think by that much :P

audman wrote: »
    Speaking of which it's amazing how bad we are in FIFA 13, even Suarez. I don't play as Liverpool too much to be honest, that being one of the reasons why. However I did today and my good God, muck! I know we have gone back in the last few years but I didn't think by that much :P

Your team is as good as the player holding the control pad ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Correct, I used to batter my mates using Young Boys and they were Barca or whoever, and that was before young boys made it big!

Not necessarily. If you played the game you'd realise it'd be a lot easier to win a game with a team like Real Madrid than it would be with Shamrock Rovers.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056978408/1

Take a look there I'd fancy my chances against you Hoki :)

Have u PS3 online? Add me please :) PLEASE!!!!!

Might I add that saying they've gone back in recent years has nothing to do with whether I won or lost with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Lads lads lads, if ye could all take a minute from arguing over the usual transfer nonsense, please allow me to present you the latest LFC tv presenter, Cate Commisso
    BRvtgdGCUAE-BES.jpg

Correct, I used to batter my mates using Young Boys and they were Barca or whoever, and that was before young boys made it big!

That is silly, of course it makes a difference. Are you saying you'd happily play against a 5 star team with a 1 star team if there was money it something of value involved based on the result? I highly doubt it. The ability of players makes a huge difference, hence the ability of teams would too. It's easier to run past defenders and pop in a goal with Ronaldo in FIFA than it would be with Jamie Carragher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Lads lads lads, if ye could all take a minute from arguing over the usual transfer nonsense, please allow me to present you the latest LFC tv presenter, Cate Commisso
    BRvtgdGCUAE-BES.jpg

jaaaaysus christ:pac:

BRvtgdGCUAE-BES.jpg

Won't even have to delete browser history :)

I can't wait for schools to be back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

She's nice but Claire is better imo.

• Advertisement

I used to play with only liverpool and they are good in defense but luis isnt great hes slow as a wet week, sturridge i think is way better, i have started to play with barce and argentina and its way easier to win now there is some difference and its mainly down to speed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

BRvtgdGCUAE-BES.jpg

And I wasn't going to tonight

GTR63 wrote: »

The new bird is one you'd have as a keeper, be proud to show her to the rents and start a family with.

Where you'd 'make love' to the new bird you'd 'f*ck' Claire, a bit on the side and serious excitement, but nothing long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

young boys made it big!

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

shamrock55 wrote: »
    sturridge
    Suarez coutinho willian

Ah - so he's a striker!

+1 Alan, +1 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

10,000 posts in 3 weeks.
    Seriously, liverpool could have its own sub-forum, if only to sift a lot of the sh1te into separate threads

We should all meet up for a few pints and a general discussion of Liverpool FC.

It would be civilised and it would end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Alan is like a trolling parent who drills the need for a good college education into his kid(the posters in this forum) all through childhood then when the day comes and he applies, tells him he is too stupid, needs to be more realistic and go into a trade.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

What year are you going into? :pac:
    GTR63 wrote: »

What are they smoking over at the GTR63 household? Crazy talk.

Mr Alan loves the dole and disliked education. School kids remind him of this and they make him angry.

5starpool wrote: »

What are they smoking over at the GTR63 household? Crazy talk.

Not too sure but he must have bought it off Arsene :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

How much do people think Willian is realistically worth to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Grayditch wrote: »
    How much do people think Willian is realistically worth to us?

Realistically?

500 new posts by noon tomorrow

Realistically?

500 new posts by noon tomorrow

499 :)

• Advertisement

Ha, ok, I've been in work all night, what did I miss?

^^^ 497 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ha, ok, I've been in work all night, what did I miss?

Nothing of note, only there's a new hostess for the LFC channel. Picture is in a post above.

In terms of Willian and his worth, hard to say.

6 months ago he went for 30m so unlikely his value is going to drop much more.
    Hell of a lot of money, but if he comes in and wins us even 9 points over the course of a season, you could argue that's very much worth it as it would put us right in the mix for CL places.

Haven't seen much of him myself so in terms of me putting a value on him, I can't really do so. Not too many raised eyebrows when he went for the 30m in January, but as we know dealing with Shakatar can lead to inflation.

My answer is pretty much useless to you, but I'm wide awake and can't sleep so you're getting one anyway :P

Ha, cheers. I've seen Spurs and City are in for him too, but it's interesting to see him namecheck us. I've only seen him for a few Shaktar games where he impressed me. I guess he'd be a "marquee" signing, but for 30m plus, it'd surely be a risk. That's marquee money, anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Last season wasn't a rollercoaster. We never threatened to win anything or qualify for anything (I suppose we threatened EL qualification once or twice). It was highly boring and one paced.

Is this you? #GYMLAD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Hard to believe no one is willing to pay 50 million for one of top 10 players in the world, Suarez, yet it looks like Willian will go for 35-40 million. Transfers are fcuked up these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

retalivity wrote: »
    10,000 posts in 3 weeks.
    Seriously, liverpool could have its own sub-forum, if only to sift a lot of the sh1te into separate threads

you should start a thread in the Soccer forum asking for a liverpool only forum, I'd say there is a good chance of getting that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

hefferboi wrote: »
    Hard to believe no one is willing to pay 50 million for one of top 10 players in the world, Suarez, yet it looks like Willian will go for 35-40 million. Transfers are fcuked up these days.

Van Persie, Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Rooney, Cavani, Falcao, Gotse and Zlatan off the top of my head, there's a load more in the top leagues that I'm not bothered going into. Suarez would be a push for top 25 in the world if even close to that. Some of the posts in here are so hyperbolic with regards to Suarez and Coutinho it does my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Liam O wrote: »
    Van Persie, Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Rooney, Cavani, Falcao, Gotse and Zlatan off the top of my head, there's a load more in the top leagues that I'm not bothered going into. Suarez would be a push for top 25 in the world if even close to that. Some of the posts in here are so hyperbolic with regards to Suarez and Coutinho it does my head in.

I rate Schweinsteiger but he lost his place for Bayern a few times last season. That should tell you something about how strong their midfield is, but also that he probably shouldn't be on your list.

It's a good list but you can't have guys like Rooney, Cavani and Gotze on there without Suarez. Surely, despite his issues, he's just as good? He's not the best finisher on the list by any means but most people recognise he is one of the best dribblers in the world. He turns defenders inside out for fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

hefferboi wrote: »

The guy has only had one extraordinary season in a top flight league, if he performed as well next season he would be valued similar to what Liverpool want now, on the other hand, if he has terrible season his value will come down about 5-10 million.

and then you factor in his not so good image, lengthy bans and his un profession behaviour over the past couple of months.

I honestly thought he would cost 30-40 million, 30 being what Madrid valued him at and 40 being what pool wanted so 35 million being most likely.

How wrong was I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Lol

Rooney! Top 10 in the world?

Suarez is as good, if not better, than half that list

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Suarez is as good, if not better, than half that list

Maybe but it seems though he is not wanted by the big German, Spanish, Italian, French & English clubs (that those players generally play for) outside Arsenal. Not worth the hassle for them perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Maybe but it seems though he is not wanted by the big German, Spanish, Italian, French & English clubs (that those players generally play for) outside Arsenal. Not worth the hassle for them perhaps.

It's probably down to the baggage he carries. You don't want to form a strike partnership with someone then get banned for 6-10 games a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I think we'd all like to see that 25 man list. If you can be bothered that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I think we'd all like to see that 25 man list. If you can be bothered that is.

Well I sure would anyway. This should be good.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement