Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Just leaving this here. From before we sold Torres

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/torres-is-not-for-sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Yeah if Suarez hands in a transfer request and Arsenal come at us with £50m then I still expect he'll be sold to them but at least I know the club will have done everything they can to prevent it from happening.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

Torres was sent off to train on his own though

opr wrote: »
    Yeah if Suarez hands in a transfer request and Arsenal come at us with £50m then I still expect he'll be sold to them but at least I know the club will have done everything they can to prevent it from happening.

Opr

Fair point.
    I really hope the club have a deadline in place after which no bids will be entertained. Our season really cant be held to ransom by this Suarez affair, show will have to go on whether he leaves or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

barone wrote: »
    expect arsenal to go after rooney if suarez not availible

I'd expect them to try, but where's the incentive for Rooney? He has more money, and a better chance of winning things where he is. Chelsea or Man city might force a question to be answered, but not quite Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

You do realise that phrase is one of 2 things

1. He is not for sale!

2. He is not for sale but show me some silly money and i MAY reconsider?

We need Amiable and some of his NSFW gifs right about now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Spoofers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Agger's Minion

Some more Twits.

just when I thought they coudn;t contradict each other any more or come up with an even more confusing lead....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

ush wrote: »
    Spoofers.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

A few radio stations saying the Cissokho deal is close to being agreed.

The player is said to be pushing for a move straight away, whereas Liverpool are looking for a loan with an option to buy.

The rumoured loan deal is €800k of a loan fee with a €3.75m transfer fee next summer if Liverpool activate the buy option.

Sounds quite similar to what Liverpool wanted to do with Sturridge last August when Sturridge wanted a full time move, and Liverpool wanted a loan with an option to buy.

Be interesting to see if either a loan or a purchase happens involving Cissokho in the next week.

Kess73 wrote: »

Good. We've someone scanning the airwaves. So it not just the twitter machine! :D

The player is said to be pushing for a move straight away, whereas Liverpool are looking for a loan with an option to buy.

The rumoured loan deal is €800k of a loan fee with a €3.75m transfer fee next summer if Liverpool activate the buy option.

Sounds quite similar to what Liverpool wanted to do with Sturridge last August when Sturridge wanted a full time move, and Liverpool wanted a loan with an option to buy.

Be interesting to see if either a loan or a purchase happens involving Cissokho in the next week.

Is cissokho much better than enrique?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Papa interest revived according to some rumours

Good. We've someone scanning the airwaves. So it not just the twitter machine! :D

I'm on pigeon duty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'm on pigeon duty

And Ayre has the fax machine covered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Didn't that Papa lad have fresh injury concerns?

Is cissokho much better than enrique?

A few seasons ago my answer to that very question was yes. But Cissokho has been quite average at times since moving to Spain.

He has plenty of pace, is fairly strong, and is a good crosser.

If he can reproduce the form he showed for most of his time at Lyon, then he has a good chance of displacing Enrique, but if he produces his Valencia form then Enrique playing well will keep him out easily enough imo.

But if we get him on loan, then he would be good quality cover/competition for the LB slot.

I'm on pigeon duty

Smoke signals, jungle drums and morse code. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I am covering the written letter side of things

So don't become some background noise
    A backdrop for the girls and boys
    Who just don't know or just don't care
    And just complain when you're not there
    You had your time, you had the power
    You've yet to have your finest hour

• Advertisement

So don't become some background noise
    A backdrop for the girls and boys
    Who just don't know or just don't care
    And just complain when you're not there
    You had your time, you had the power
    You've yet to have your finest hour

Getting massacred every night on Tottenham Court Rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'm on pigeon duty

And I'm waiting on a raven.

A few seasons ago my answer to that very question was yes. But Cissokho has been quite average at times since moving to Spain.

He has plenty of pace, is fairly strong, and is a good crosser.

If he can reproduce the form he showed for most of his time at Lyon, then he has a good chance of displacing Enrique, but if he produces his Valencia form then Enrique playing well will keep him out easily enough imo.

But if we get him on loan, then he would be good quality cover/competition for the LB slot.

We do need decent cover, so if true, be a nice addition. Still need good cover in cb and gk, but we may not get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have a number of signings ready to go.

eleventh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Cissokho has pace
    but thats about it very poor at Valencia & at his last season for Lyon
    he was superb for Porto on 08/09 season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

We do need decent cover, so if true, be a nice addition. Still need good cover in cb and gk, but we may not get it.

I think we already have 'cover' for centre back.

If we sign another one, it should be someone to start alongside Agger.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Looks like Wenger preparing fans for another disappointing summer :P
    "We are ready to do quick deals but all the transfers do not depend only on us," said Wenger as he spoke about the transfer for the first time. "But we are prepared to wait. It looks unlikely before the Emirates Cup (next weekend).

"We still have a strong squad but we are there on the market to try to strengthen our team. With or without additions we can be title challengers next season."

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has insisted Suarez is not for sale and has even claimed that it would be a sideways step for him to join Arsenal.

Wenger refused to get into a war of words with Rodgers and said: "He must explain that. I don't know. We are not close to signing Suarez or anybody else so there's no reason why I should talk about it.

"There is nothing to say. I have been away now for two or the weeks and it's hard to see how things are advanced because everyone is on tour at the moment and it's very difficult to get in touch with people.

"I believe that every club competes on a very high level. What has changed recently is that in Europe some countries like France suddenly have bought some very very talented players who two or three years ago would all have come to England. It makes the chase for talent very difficult.

"What we want is not as name but as good player. The name is less important. What is more important is the quality of the player. At the moment I must tell you we are not close to signing anybody.

"We try to do the job and we will try to do it well. But that is in front of us. We have worked a lot but nothing has been concluded with anybody.

"Of course we want to do as many top players as we can. But we also have to focus on the players we have and develop them. We have plenty of candidates in midfield now and there is a big fight there. Bacary Sagna settles in well at centre-back with Thomas Vermaelen out."

So Real it is then.

And I'm waiting on a raven.

Winter Is Coming.

Had to be said. :D

MD1990 wrote: »
    Cissokho has pace
    but thats about it very poor at Valencia & at his last season for Lyon
    he was superb for Porto on 08/09 season

The entire Lyon team had a mare during his last season.They were as poor to watch then as we were during the 09/10 season in terms of following a good season with an awful one. His Porto form I would not pay much heed to to be honest given he only spent months there and played less than 20 games in that time.

His first two seasons at Lyon saw him put in monster performances game after game.

If he can regain even 75% of his best Lyon form then he woiuld be a very good addition to the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Smoke signals, jungle drums and morse code. Anyone?

Ill take semaphore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If these latest rumours are true and Arsenal are being pushed out, could we also think that we can convince Suarez to stay with us even if Madrid start to get involved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

murpho999 wrote: »
    If these latest rumours are true and Arsenal are being pushed out, could we also think that we can convince Suarez to stay with us even if Madrid start to get involved?

it would be harder. My question would be would they have to bid higher than Arsenal, or just the 40m+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Not a snowball's, I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

it would be harder. My question would be would they have to bid higher than Arsenal, or just the 40m+1

Interesting to see, but what will happen if Madrid splash out on Bale?

Wish it was September!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I wouldn't read too much into that just yet. When has Wenger ever brought up Suarez as a topic of conversation ?

Interesting to see, but what will happen if Madrid splash out on Bale?

Wish it was September!

That, in fariness, would frighten me a bit too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Winter Is Coming.

Had to be said. :D

Heh heh,I was kind of expecting it tbh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

If Madrid come in I can see him forcing the move through .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

It is a bit amazing how worked up folk can get.

The whole thing about Luis' lack of celebration is bananas.
    I think he'll stay.

Get Eriksen in, see what happens.

This is our year anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Skysports latest.

Liverpool deny report owners FSG are considering sale of the club.

Well that puts an end to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

First I heard they were looking to sell???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

ardinn wrote: »
    First I heard they were looking to sell???

Looks like its the dailymail that are running the story.

Its nearly an hour now since this story started on the yellow bar on sky but their reporters still haven't mentioned it.

Think I was trolled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

How would people feel about the club being bought by a sugar daddy?

Obviously it would be great from a financial point of view and should help us challenge for titles once again.

But it would also see the club be run in a manner which is alien to the history of the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

djPSB wrote: »

Obviously it would be great from a financial point of view and should help us challenge for titles once again.

But it would also see the club be run in a manner which is alien to the history of the club.

I thought FFP will put an end to the football sugar daddies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

It looks like Assaidi could be off to Anderlecht

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭ronjo

PRAF wrote: »

Only for Champions League teams ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

djPSB wrote: »

Ultimately I reckon people would get on board if it meant success but obviously a lot would have a big problem with it.

There is a better but tougher way to do things.

This is kind if why I'm dissappointed with a lot of the aggression and jibes from Liverpool supporters towards Arsenal lately.

We did things in the tight way. We tightened our belts, went through a period of austerity, saw a positive net spend for years which was the result of all best players leaving.

Now we're out the other side all we get is 'you haven't win anything in years', 'you've no hope' etc.

What we do have is 50 million to spend on a striker. We like your striker and are going about it in the proper way - no discussion of it, just making bids and declining to say much more.

But you're annoyed with us for that?

You would rather sell to City? Chelsea? Madrid maybe once they're finished getting more debts written off while making up conversations between Bale and Levy/AVB.

Arsenal are a proper club run well and the fact that we're in for Suarez is a huge positive for the right way of going things.

So think about where we are now and where we will be for the next decade before you harp on about how you won an FA cup or CL more recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

PRAF wrote: »

There's ways around the FFP, look at Man City's stadium naming for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

gosplan wrote: »
    Ultimately I reckon people would get on board if it meant success but obviously a lot would have a big problem with it.

There is a better but tougher way to do things.

This is kind if why I'm dissappointed with a lot of the aggression and jibes from Liverpool supporters towards Arsenal lately.

We did things in the tight way. We tightened our belts, went through a period of austerity, saw a positive net downs for years which was the result of all our best players leaving.

Now we're out the other side all we get is 'you haven't win anything in years', 'you've no hope' etc.

What we go have is 50 million to spend on a striker. We like your striker and are going about it in the proper way - no discussion of it, just making bids and declining to say much more.

But you're annoyed with us for that?

You would rather sell to City? Chelsea? Madrid maybe once they're finished getting more debts written off while making up conversations between Bale and Levy/AVB.

Arsenal are a proper club run well and the fact that we're in for Suarez is a huge positive for the right way of going things.

So think about where we are now and where we will be for the next decade before you harp on about how you won an FA cup or CL more recently.

We don't want to sell our best players to any team, even more so to English teams, as it strengthens them while weakening us.

As for proper run club.....well if you mean profitable? Well then yes, you are a properly run business.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement