Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If anything, Suarez is underrated because he's such a contemptible '____'. He's a one man wrecking ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Liam O wrote: »
    Van Persie, Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Rooney, Cavani, Falcao, Gotse and Zlatan off the top of my head
    Don't forget Danny Welbeck :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

One of my lesser trusted sources said we have gotten Aly Cissokho on a loan deal.

Anyone else hear this confirmed?

Kells... wrote: »
    Is this you? #GYMLAD

I presume there's an insult in there? Not watching that video however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

El Inho wrote: »
    One of my lesser trusted sources said we have gotten Aly Cissokho on a loan deal.

Anyone else hear this confirmed?

So is it Cissokho or Sequira!? I cant keep up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Don't forget Danny Welbeck :cool:

Goal scorer extraordinaire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Anyone else bracing themselves for a draw tomorrow? After the last two opening days of the season I have a bad feeling of anti climax in my waters.

We'll have 127 shots on goal, hit the woodwork 15 times, score one goal which will be cancelled out by a Stoke cracker on 70 mins and we'll spend the last 20 minutes huffing and puffing for a winner without any success.

Yes I'm a glass half full type of person :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Vicxas wrote: »
    So is it Cissokho or Sequira!? I cant keep up

It seems Sequira's price tripled when we showed interest so I think that one is dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

kfallon wrote: »
    Anyone else bracing themselves for a draw tomorrow? After the last two opening days of the season I have a bad feeling of anti climax in my waters.

We'll have 127 shots on goal, hit the woodwork 15 times, score one goal which will be cancelled out by a Stoke cracker on 70 mins and we'll spend the last 20 minutes huffing and puffing for a winner without any success.

Im telling lads put a fiver on the draw at 7/2. It might offer some consolation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

You think well score?? Very Optimistic ;)

Agree with you, can definitly see a draw tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

What happened the lad from granada that the price trebled???? I think hes a better bet than Cissoko though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Liam O wrote: »
    Van Persie, Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Rooney, Cavani, Falcao, Gotse and Zlatan off the top of my head, there's a load more in the top leagues that I'm not bothered going into. Suarez would be a push for top 25 in the world if even close to that. Some of the posts in here are so hyperbolic with regards to Suarez and Coutinho it does my head in.

Not sure if it's worth pointing out but the **potentially, about to become** most expensive player in the world ever ever (TM) isn't on the list.

Someone should tell Daniel Levy. He'll need to lower his valuation.

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Not sure if it's worth pointing out but the **potentially, about to become** most expensive player in the world ever ever (TM) isn't on the list.

Someone should tell Daniel Levy. He'll need to lower his valuation.

One of many flaws, with that list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

One of many flaws, with that list.

Definitely wouldn't have Zlatan anywhere near my list - occasional moments of brilliance don't make a brilliant player...

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

We shouldn't have gotten our hopes up, Willian just signed for Hull:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Vudgie wrote: »

Whoever told you that is a twitter numpty or pulling your leg. Hull spending 30 million on a player? Yeah....Paul McShane was it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Lads lads lads, if ye could all take a minute from arguing over the usual transfer nonsense, please allow me to present you the latest LFC tv presenter, Cate Commisso
    BRvtgdGCUAE-BES.jpg

She's a F*cking Boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Lucas and Coutinho should be getting on to Willian telling him how great it is at LFC and not to bother talking to any clubs from Manchester or London.

Edit: or Hull:p

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

RainMaker wrote: »
    Definitely wouldn't have Zlatan anywhere near my list - occasional moments of brilliance don't make a brilliant player...

Replace "occasional" with "weekly" and that's Zlantan.

And f**k Stoke and f**k Mark Hughes, we're gonna batter them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Vudgie wrote: »

Tom huddlestone signed for Hull & has a similar hair cut. Noticed it myself when browsing this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Ginge.
    Johnariise3 John Arne Riise 10h
    People can hate me,say bad things ,call me names,laugh at me,judge me. But they can never take this away from me
    BRvfcS2CQAAF4fg.jpg:large

I'm confident of a decent win tomorrow. I think we'll be 2 up by half time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the first red card of the season in the game, obviously going to a Stoke player. That'll give Hughes his excuses. He is such a F*cking cryer. He goes on and on and on about "sloppy" goals and "individual mistakes" when his team gets beaten. Obviously those kind of goals shouldn't count. F*cking Tw*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

DaveSuarez wrote: »

And f**k Stoke and f**k Mark Hughes, we're gonna batter them.

Oh obviously. Question is though, are we actually going to score...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Lads, we ain't getting this Willian fella. No idea why anyone would get their hopes up.

EVERYONE, IT'S OK! ALAN SAID HE'S NOT COMING!
    BACK TO WORK!!!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Wouldn't it be nice if willian snubbed United for us...

Nice way to start a season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

That’s scary! Dirk Kuyt’s face is an almighty mess after a head collision with De Guzman

kuytow.jpg

Dirk Kuyt has never been a runway model, but now his face looks like it lost a fight with a combine harvester.
    Fenerbahce’s midfielder has been left with a kisser only a mother could love after he suffered a nasty head collision with Swansea’s Jonathan De Guzman during a Holland training session earlier in the week.
    The accident happened during a Dutch training drill as Kuyt and De Guzman unwittingly crashed into each other with full force during a session focusing on passing and moving.
    The incident ruled De Guzman out of Swansea’s Premier League opener against Manchester United on Saturday as he suffered a suspected concussion following the incident, while Kuyt has been left with a mangled face that makes him look like a mutant.
    Video of the shocking clash of heads between De Guzman and Kuyt can be seen below.

http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/thats-scary-dirk-kuyts-face-looks-is-an-almighty-mess-after-a-head-collision-with-de-guzman/

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Kuyt looks the same to me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Dirk likes like a damaged fooking Terminator in that picture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

fangee wrote: »
    I'm confident of a decent win tomorrow. I think we'll be 2 up by half time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the first red card of the season in the game, obviously going to a Stoke player. That'll give Hughes his excuses. He is such a F*cking cryer. He goes on and on and on about "sloppy" goals and "individual mistakes" when his team gets beaten. Obviously those kind of goals shouldn't count. F*cking Tw*t.

Can't see anything other than a big win for us. Think Stoke will be relegated this year.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm still not buying the theory that Willian is set to sign for Liverpool. If there is as much interest in him as it seems it would be quite the coup, and unless it has been decided that the boat is being pushed out in terms of a package, it doesn't stand a realistic chance of happening.

Last night SSN were saying we had tied up a loan deal for Cissokho. What has happened to that? Were they spouting crap again? I'm sick of hearing that he is linked to us, so either sign him or f*ck off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Wolfsburg have signed Gustavo, pipping Arsenal. With the closure of the transfer window looming, let's hope it forces Wenger into some panic buying :)

Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

This could be the most manic deadline day of all time. Liverpool, Arsenal and United still need major signings. If Bale leaves Tottenham they'll have cash to burn. Jim White might explode live on air!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This could be the most manic deadline day of all time. Liverpool, Arsenal and United still need major signings. If Bale leaves Tottenham they'll have cash to burn. Jim White might explode live on air!!!

We can but hope.

Very disappointed this is not the new thread btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Can't see anything other than a big win for us. Think Stoke will be relegated this year.

Cant see Stoke getting relegated this year not with Hull, Palace and one of Sunderland, Cardiff, Norwich and Aston Villa in there too

I see the NextGen series has been cancelled for the coming season due to a lack of funding. Shame, it was a good platform for kids at the stage when they are trying to break through.

Course, this has nothing to do with the launch of the Uefa Youth League, which is for the same 32 teams that qualify for the CL. So now we miss out on this platform, thanks to Platini...

Exactly and LFC are not in the CL, thanks you French onion string.

Kind of predictable, and a setback for our youth set up unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Lads and lassies, a lot of talk about me in here. I won't be signing for Liverpool, just getting that out of the way now, no point in getting your hopes up any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

mike65 wrote: »
    Exactly and LFC are not in the CL, thanks you French onion string.

Ah come on we can hardly blame Platini. You can't expect to be given stuff because you're a big name!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

dfx- wrote: »
    This thread should see transfer deadline day, enjoy/hide behind the sofa - delete as applicable

previous thread here

Only 17 days out

Ever the optimist dfx :)

Cant see Stoke getting relegated this year not with Hull, Palace and one of Sunderland, Cardiff, Norwich and Aston Villa in there too

I don't see Norwich being anywhere near relegation this season and I think Villa will be safe too.

Ah come on we can hardly blame Platini. You can't expect to be given stuff because you're a big name!

You miss my point entirely. The Next Gen was a worthwhile venture on its own account which UEFA quite deliberately undermined once they saw there was a market for the format. That's my beef.

I don't expect/presume the club should take part in Platinis spoiler

Lads and lassies, a lot of talk about me in here. I won't be signing for Liverpool, just getting that out of the way now, no point in getting your hopes up any further.

You have a wonky face and like wearing glasses. Only Seedorf can get away with the second bit, so for that reason, I'm out.

On a related point, if it were legal to shoot people in the face your 'musical' alter ego would be near the top of my list.

Wolfsburg have signed Gustavo, pipping Arsenal. With the closure of the transfer window looming, let's hope it forces Wenger into some panic buying :)

Love it.

Why weren't we interested in Gustavo? :confused:

GavRedKing is getting ready to swoop :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

What happens if he's not here, does the thread lock automatically, or just keep going until a new one starts?

RainMaker wrote: »
    What happens if he's not here, does the thread lock automatically, or just keep going until a new one starts?

You will find out in a moment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Didn't even make the start of the season..never mind transfer deadline day! So this wasn't even the meltdown thread..that's yet to come!

5starpool wrote: »
    On a related point, if it were legal to shoot people in the face your 'musical' alter ego would be near the top of my list.

Check out his work on funding education in science, technology, engineering and maths for disadvantaged children. You might ignore the persona and see he's not so bad.

(I thought the same of him not so long ago!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

5starpool wrote: »
    But I "amn't" his alter ego. I'm the anti-will-I-am. The complete opposite to everything he stands for.
    I don't want to scream or shout and I definitely don't want to let it all out.

And you would have a wonky face too if you'd just been punched in the face by Jonah Lomu riding a magical rhino while Terry Nutkins watches on, eating a Malteser sandwich. Dressed as the green power ranger no less.

tumblr_mlpwnqhDY11s6ylubo1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement