Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Leiva wrote: »
    feck that im not buying into Martinez rumour.

wont take the disappointment

It barely even qualifies as a rumour at this stage I'd say, that's how tenuous it is.

On the Suarez thing, I think the most compelling reason for him to stay is that I will have to change a few passwords if he goes. I have about a million passwords to various sites, and most are LFC related in some form or another, some of which feature our negrito loving buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Big no to Matri. Juve can give us Pogba or Vidal >_> ... or better yet, both <_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Jackson Martinez will not happen.

don't do it to yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Big no to Matri. Juve can give us Pogba or Vidal >_> ... or better yet, both <_<

Rather Matri than Borini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

SlickRic wrote: »
    Jackson Martinez will not happen.

don't do it to yourself.

In the current clamour for strikers (Chelsea, Spurs, Napoli, Real, Monaco, Juve, City, Arsenal, Fiorentina), you don't think he'll move?
    I don't see it happening if Luis stays, but of that list, we'd be pretty likely (with most focusing elsewhere...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Vidal would walk into our midfield and could easily replace any of our midfielders.

Missed the boat on him before his move to Juve when we were linked with him but ended up getting Henderson.

Nuts that he only cost Juve around the 10 million euro mark.

On Saturday at Stevie's testimonial, if Suarez plays instead of "Just can't get enough" we should sing "Don't you want me Luis(baby)". I only changed the first paragraph (and put Luis in the chorus, and 5 to 3) as I thought the rest were quite apt.

He was playing for Ajax in Amsterdam,
    When we signed you. You'd bit someone,
    said sorry but still wanted to leave, to go and play at Anfield.

Now three years later on you've got the world at your feet
    Success has been so easy for you.
    But don't forget it's me who put you where you are now
    And I can put you back down too.

Don't
    Don't you want me? - You know I can't believe it
    When I hear that you won't see me.
    Don't
    Don't you want me? - You know I don't believe you
    When you say that you don't need me.
    It's much too late to find
    When you think you've changed your mind

You'd better change it back or we will both be sorry.

Don't you want me Luis?
    Don't you want me - oh?. . .
    Don't you want me Luis?
    Don't you want me - oh?. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gmol wrote: »
    We are linked with Osvaldo and the midfielder in Greece Maucho other than that it's fairly quiet on the attacking player front. So it could be someone from out of the blue, wonder have we gone back in for Eriksen?

Who, do you mean Paulo Machado of Olympiacos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

mike65 wrote: »
    Who do you mean Paulo Machado of Olympiacos?
    yep that's the one

Isn't Machado a very low-ball option? Not a high scoring midfielder (like we have been after), and not in a position that we are short of players...

I call shenanigans.

Who, do you mean Paulo Machado of Olympiacos?
    Gmol wrote: »
    yep that's the one

Very hard to see why Liverpool would want him. Liverpools midfield options wouldn't appear to get any particular lift from his arrival. If anyone is going to be bought it needs to be Eriksen level or best not to bother, spend the money elsewhere.

Very hard to see why Liverpool would want him. Liverpools midfield options wouldn't appear to get any particular lift from his arrival.

Agent trying to get some eyes on him, before a high-profile friendly with the same club?

I bet he has a stinker...

Also Martinez to Napoli looks pretty strong, or at least much stronger than Liverpool.

On the Papadopolous thing, I know he had a bad knee injury last season, but is he participating in pre season for Schalke at all? If we did buy him would we have to put up with a couple of months of being sidelined, then a long rehabilitation period? Doesn't sound ideal whatsoever if there is even an element of that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

5starpool wrote: »
    On the Papadopolous thing, I know he had a bad knee injury last season, but is he participating in pre season for Schalke at all? If we did buy him would we have to put up with a couple of months of being sidelined, then a long rehabilitation period? Doesn't sound ideal whatsoever if there is even an element of that.

still in rehab as far as I know.
    Some Greek paper tweeted something yesterday about joining up with the team shortly - i will try and find it.

Papa is on a training programme of his own at the moment, he is up and running outside the gym/rehab facilities. Anyway Zaf Iqbal and his team are clearly going to have to be pretty stringent in their own tests. I don't see them doing an Aquilani/Carroll on it.

from some German paper
    His last competitive match for Schalke Kyriakos Papadopoulos has completed in November 2012, now the Defender is entered for the first time after his lengthy knee injury in training. Not with Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, who has continued on a hip injury was on Tuesday, however. The suffering of Kyriakos Papadopoulos come to an end: the defender could attend on Tuesday for the first time after eight months training of Schalke. Although he was not with the team on the course, but the Greek without problems was elected as first light Sprint exercises.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

So the talk is of medicals this week....

Am I right in thinking that basically its the left back/winger lad is who is most likely.

The like of Pap is only twitter rumours at the moment with seemingly legit past interest and Martinez and Eriksen are scant rumours at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Rafa is putting a nice little team together, especially if they manage to sign Martinez.

Buxton tweeted this...new rules and guidelines on words ? No Negrito, but why should there be?

pisstake maybe?

'Downy' I say that gets used a lot on the training ground :pac:

BQavZrnCIAAbfNr.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Liverpool agree single-season loan deal for Paraguayan left back Lorenzo Melgarejo. #LFC #SLB #PAR

Liverpool and Benfica have agreed the transfer of Paraguayan left back Lorenzo Melgarejo subject to a work permit. Melgarejo will move to Anfield on an initial single-season loan with Liverpool holding an option to make the transfer permanent for a fee of less than €10million next summer.

A converted winger, Benfica extended Melgarejo's contract until 2018 in September following his promotion to a starting berth. The 22-year-old made his first appearance for the Paraguay national team two months later. Known for his skill on the ball, the 1m71 Melgarejo is not a particularly combative defender. He is, however, a low-cost option for Liverpool, being paid around €500,000 a year at present.

http://sulia.com/channel/soccer/f/978a8473-fef0-48d4-90e1-d01a46ed9954/?source=twitter

OK, so by the looks of it he is still 6-8 weeks away from being first team capable, even without any further setbacks, and then there is the likelyhood of still being off the pace for a while anyhow, and at a very critical position. I can understand the reticence in signing him for sure, and if we do sign him, hopefully it would be discounted fairly substantially compared to what it would be if he were fully fit.

Very risky indeed.

Very risky indeed.

yes it is.

Its like someone paying £13mil for Martin Kelly.

Buxton tweeted this...new rules and guidelines on words ? No Negrito, but why should there be?

pisstake maybe?

[poker face] That looks legit I have to say. [/poker face]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

yes it is.

That's my Problem with it.

We already have some Sicknotes in our Defense with Martin Kelly and Agger (Previous Years), so what's the sense in buying another?

Carlton Cole folks Carlton Cole.

Oh remember remember :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Carlton Cole folks Carlton Cole.

Oh remember remember :o

Careful now...that kind of loose-lipped gossip could create the latest Twitter transfer rumour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

pisstake maybe?

PC gone mad.

Seriously, these are all people ranging from 17-35, why on earth do they need written examples of words they can't use.

Footballers really do live on a planet of their own.

yes it is.

It's not really. All they have in common is the fact both are coming back from being out for a long time through injury.

One is a 23 year old player who has never made a first team place his own but who has potential.

The other is a 21 year old player who has been a first team player since his late teens and who is a starter for club and country.

One is already an established centre back, and the other has not even had a run of senior games in that position yet.

Kelly at 23 is still potential, whereas Papadopoulos at 21 has shown himself to be capable of standing out in a very good league and also at full international level.

Thinking of telling someone to man up in earshot of a steward at the testimonial on Saturday. Probably won't though. I doubt I'll get too animated at it compared to a league match anyhow.

• Advertisement

Thinking of telling someone to man up in earshot of a steward at the testimonial on Saturday. Probably won't though. I doubt I'll get too animated at it compared to a league match anyhow.

Didn't even realise "man up" was on that list. Christ almighty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

All about the context.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Jaysus. If we ever signed Lars Bender, there's be a fair load infractions handed out whenever he got the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Has that got it's own thread yet?.....I expect the High Horse Brigade to complain 'Paddy' isn't on there.

Wonder how much of this has been brought on because of Sterling's hair :pac:

Kess73 wrote: »
    It's not really. All they have in common is the fact both are coming back from being out for a long time through injury.

One is a 23 year old player who has never made a first team place his own but who has potential.

The other is a 21 year old player who has been a first team player since his late teens and who is a starter for club and country.

One is already an established centre back, and the other has not even had a run of senior games in that position yet.

Kelly at 23 is still potential, whereas Papadopoulos at 21 has shown himself to be capable of standing out in a very good league and also at full international level.
    Sorry Kess I worded that post incorrectly.

It was purely about the risk in buying a player who has just completed rehab on a very serious knee injury.

Knex. wrote: »

That has been fixed thankfully.

pisstake maybe?

Well that puts paid to ever signing one of the brothers Lars or Sven.

Grayditch says we're signing Lars Bender. He is ITK.

• Advertisement

OK, so by the looks of it he is still 6-8 weeks away from being first team capable, even without any further setbacks, and then there is the likelyhood of still being off the pace for a while anyhow, and at a very critical position. I can understand the reticence in signing him for sure, and if we do sign him, hopefully it would be discounted fairly substantially compared to what it would be if he were fully fit.

Very risky indeed.

Yeah hopefully we will get the same sort of discount when we bought an injured Andy Carroll.

tumblr_mhc6t7AlF11s3kqx3o1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

gafferino wrote: »
    Grayditch says we're signing Lars Bender. He is ITK.
    @grd1Tch_itk mate refills de waterbottles at mElwud says derr is greek wurds coming from the Indian doctors fellas office

Knex. wrote: »

He got it cut back by the looks of it, posted a pic of a trimmed back version...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Toure signed to play while Papa recovers from his injury? I really hope we sign Papa, as he can give us that bit of bite that all teams need. Himself and Wisdom would take no prisoners.

Sorry Kess I worded that post incorrectly.

It was purely about the risk in buying a player who has just completed rehab on a very serious knee injury.

I get the injury worry/risk, but in terms of player quality there is no comparison to date.

What bothers me is that if Papa is seen as an injury risk by the club, then why not just go after another right sided centre back that would improve our starting XI.

It is not as though there is a shortage of serious upgrades on Skrtel out there, and a number are at clubs that Liverpool would be a step up from in terms of status and/or wages.

Nobody is expecting the club to go out and get Hummels, Silva or any other top tier centre back, as those players would have far more attractive options if they were for sale, but there are plenty of centre backs on the tier below them that are at clubs who would pay less wages than Liverpool or clubs that have a lower potential ceiling than Liverpool.

I know there are the bones of five weeks left in the transfer window, but I would be really ticked if we don't bring in some genuine quality in the centre of defence. I'm happy with Toure as a back up centre back as he looked good anytime I saw him last season and he really impressed me when we played City especially in the way he was able to match Sterling for pace when Sterling tried to make darting runs off the ball.

We looked lacking in the centre of defence and the centre of midfield at times last season, more so than any other part of the team imo, and it would be baffling to go into another season with the same areas lacking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Toure signed to play while Papa recovers from his injury? I really hope we sign Papa, as he can give us that bit of bite that all teams need. Himself and Wisdom would take no prisoners.

Keeping suarez gives us that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

as far as twitter goes

how reliable is @MoleyBTK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

redzerdrog wrote: »
    as far as twitter goes

Spoofer of the highest order :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

as far as twitter goes

Id say that question is one for Amiable;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

as far as twitter goes

Not bad , quite amiable too.

Skrtel to Napoli looks done at €7mil which imo is very cheap.

also to put a few (me inc) out of their misery quickly: Martinez's buy out clause is £34million

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement