Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Alcorcon looking to sign Dani Pacheco according to Marca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Dani looks on his way.

not sure if perma or loan

http://www.marca.com/2013/07/30/futbol/equipos/alcorcon/1375176178.html

Greek paper Sport Day: Schalke and Liverpool have an agreement of €16m for Kyriakos Papadopoulos. August 10 is medical (1/2)
    (2/2) Sport Day: The medical will take 2 days and will last a total of eight hours to be judged fit. Already visited Anfield several times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If that happened it would be a huge signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

ManOnFire wrote: »
    Greek paper Sport Day: Schalke and Liverpool have an agreement of €16m for Kyriakos Papadopoulos. August 10 is medical (1/2)
    (2/2) Sport Day: The medical will take 2 days and will last a total of eight hours to be judged fit. Already visited Anfield several times.

Interesting if true how that has been kept under wraps. Pics of this stuff always gets out.

• Advertisement

He was supposedly spotted at Craven Cottage for the Fulham game wasn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Anyone wrote: »
    Wonder if it crossed his mind when he asked to be sold to Barca?

:rolleyes:

People need to get over this. He's Barca to the core and we became his second team. Barca / Madrid dwarf us - always have done and always will. That's the way of it. When a kid from the Barca academy who's father played for them let's it be known that he's only angling for a move home to there it's a compliment rather than a slight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If that happened it would be a huge signing.

Papa has the big Greek heart. Played like a warrior in Euro 2012. Would be Lloyd approved.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

People need to get over this. He's Barca to the core and we became his second team. Barca / Madrid dwarf us - always have done and always will. That's the way of it. When a kid from the Barca academy who's father played for them let's it be known that he's only angling for a move home to there it's a compliment rather than a slight.

Yep agreed but it doesnt mean Liverpool did anything wrong either as implied by Leivas dramatic post. If he wasnt told about it then he should have been but apart from that thats the way football is.....and not telling or finding out through a 3rd party is common place in football. Im not saying its right but its how it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Daemonic wrote: »
    shhhhhhhhhhhh, Jay will hear you

Baxtsrds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Would be a great signing for us.

kyriakos-papadopoulos-kann-schalke-04-fuer-20-millionen-verlassen_36036.jpg

Kyriakos Papadopoulos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Leiva wrote: »
    Dani looks on his way.

not sure if perma or loan

http://www.marca.com/2013/07/30/futbol/equipos/alcorcon/1375176178.html
    If he leaves, it will be permanently, he's only got 1 year left on his contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Daemonic wrote: »
    shhhhhhhhhhhh, Jay will hear you

Baxtsrds
    I'll have you know I'm not small, I have an efficiently low centre of gravity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

ManOnFire wrote: »

8 hrs! Is he gonna have to complete an Iron Man competition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

gafferino wrote: »
    Yep agreed but it doesnt mean Liverpool did anything wrong either as implied by Leivas dramatic post. If he wasnt told about it then he should have been but apart from that thats the way football is.....and not telling or finding out through a 3rd party is common place in football. Im not saying its right but its how it is.

This ^^. Dont get me wrong, Reina was one of my favorite players, and I am a bit miffed at how it was handled. But Reina was quick to read 3rd party sources when he was linked to Barca and he went and asked to be sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭deeks

That's fair enough but it also means that people also need to get over Liverpool's alleged poor treatment of him. Two things:

- There is absolutely no way that Liverpool agreed this with Napoli without even discussing it with Reina or his agent. I'm sorry but that's just not plausible. Why did he just not refuse to go?

- Conversation at home at the dining room table between me and the wife. I tell her I still love her while I'm shamelessly flirting with my extremely hot ex who lives down the road. Hot chick down the road decides she's happy to stay with her current boyfriend. Do you think my wife should accept me back with open arms as if nothing ever happened (not forgetting that I've been fairly rubbish in the sack for the last two seasons years!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

All in the game yo, all in the game.

deeks wrote: »
    - Conversation at home at the dining room table between me and the wife.

Big mistake right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I can't see why people bother giving any credence to obviously stupid Twitter rumours?

Skrtel is worth around the £8-10 Million mark which is a shame, I thought a couple of years ago he'd be worth £15 Million by now.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ush wrote: »
    8 hrs! Is he gonna have to complete an Iron Man competition?

I said earlier it was going to be a "stringent" medical and there would be no Aquilani/Carroll type carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Phew. Thought you were gonna say "midget".

Dodged a bullet there.

K-9 wrote: »
    I can't see why people bother giving any credence to obviously stupid Twitter rumours?

Skrtel is worth around the £8-10 Million mark which is a shame, I thought a couple of years ago he'd be worth £15 Million by now.

Agreed, after last years stinker 8-10 is a fair price. Playing alongside Agger does him no favours. I don't want to see the back of him but a move from LFC is best for his career.

I just cant remember a time when we treated a long standing, quality, dedicated member of staff in the way Reina alleges that his transfer was. there is no denying it could have been handled better.

Its not the way we do things, and if we start down that path then they can go ta ****.

Reina never denied his interest in Barca when asked and that's going way back and not just in recent times.
    sure he tried to even help in getting his team-mate Fabregas signed for them :pac:
    article-1294228-0A6B9E05000005DC-268_634x432.jpg

The time to sell Skrtel was last year when Man City came in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

He is worth what other clubs will pay for him, to be fair.

It's not like Suarez, who has a value to Liverpool beyond his market value (ie: he's so important to the team)

Skrtel is clearly not a starter for us anymore. If that's the case, then selling him for as much as we can get for him (whether that's 5m or 10m or whatever) and replacing him with someone who will trouble the first 11 should be our move.

I just cant remember a time when we treated a long standing, quality, dedicated member of staff in the way Reina alleges that his transfer was. there is no denying it could have been handled better.

Its not the way we do things, and if we start down that path then they can go ta ****.

Reina never denied his interest in Barca when asked and that's going way back and not just in recent times.
    sure he tried to even help in getting his team-mate Fabregas signed for them :pac:

Robbie Fowler

Reina is gone and we are the better for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That was sh1tty. I hated that.

Grayditch wrote: »
    That was sh1tty. I hated that.

the guy is just a messer and I imagine will be missed in the dressing room.

someone hit the nail on the head in here when they said they will ' miss Reina the man but not the player' or something similar.

He shouldn't have written a letter where he conveniently forgot to mention he was angling for a move and Liverpool acted accordingly. Bad form.

• Advertisement

What do you mean start down that path? We have done it loads of times. Ronnie Whelan. Robbie Fowler. Almost Steven Gerrard. Im sure theres people on here who can name loads of instances in LFC past.

Every club has done it. What did you think of how Keane left United?

It could have been handled better but football clubs are d!cks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

the guy is just a messer and I imagine will be missed in the dressing room.

someone hit the nail on the head in here when they said they will ' miss Reina the man but not the player' or something similar.

In all honestly I don't get the love for this guy, he seems very annoying to me.

Why do people also just take his side of the story as gospel and assume the club treated him badly but it was ok for him to openly tout for his move to Barcalona.

Feeling sorry for a guy who earned millions whilst at LFC and still earns millions at Napoli is just hard for me to do.

Skrtel for me had one very good season, the one before last.

Last year he was just ok, poor at times. Carra came in into the team when he was dropped and we immediately improved at the back. He's still a good defender though just not top class.

It wouldn't break my heart to see him leave but only at the right price and obviously not before a replacement came in.

murpho999 wrote: »
    In all honestly I don't get the love for this guy, he seems very annoying to me.

I'd say you're great crack! :-)

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Skrtel for me had one very good season, the one before last.

Last year he was just ok, poor at times. Carra came in into the team when he was dropped and we immediately improved at the back. He's still a good defender though just not top class.

It wouldn't break my heart to see him leave but only at the right price and obviously not before a replacement came in.

THIS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

The time to sell Skrtel was last year when Man City came in for him.

surely that was just rumours. weren't they linked with Agger too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Pacheco...Alcorcon ! 5k capacity stadium and played in the 3rd tier of spanish football as recently as 2009/10. To think not long ago managers were being tarred and feathered by some on here for not playing him.

Found his level. Mid table segunda division.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ush wrote: »
    He shouldn't have written a letter where he conveniently forgot to mention he was angling for a move and Liverpool acted accordingly. Bad form.

He was upfront with the club, but the club were not upfront with him. respect is a two way street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

That was bollocks acting of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd say you're great crack! :-)

I am a bit, but "Jack the Lad" is just not my style, too full of himself for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Papa has the big Greek heart. Played like a warrior in Euro 2012. Would be Lloyd approved.

Plays like that pretty much all the time.

He and a couple of others of similar quality would be exactly what is needed.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    surely that was just rumours. weren't they linked with Agger too?
    The interest seemed to be very real, but ended when Skrtel signed a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

5starpool wrote: »
    He was upfront with the club, but the club were not upfront with him. respect is a two way street.

What?

1. Valdes says he's leaving Barcelona.

2. Reina is linked with them and says he would go.

3. Liverpool buy a replacement keeper.

4. Valdes says he's going nowhere.

5. Reina gets sent to Napoli as Liverpool have his replacement.

How were the club suppoesed to act? What if Barca came in for him on transfer deadline day and we couldn't get a replacement in on time? Been stung like that before haven't we?

Reina wanted everything his way. Wanted to leave then wanted a new contract to stay.

If he took a little responsibility for the way things worked out I'd respect him more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I am pie wrote: »
    Pacheco...Alcorcon ! 5k capacity stadium and played in the 3rd tier of spanish football as recently as 2009/10. To think not long ago managers were being tarred and feathered by some on here for not playing him.

Found his level. Mid table segunda division.
    It reads, to me at least, as though you're happy he didn't make it.

Whether he's found his level or not only time will tell but that guy played well for Norwich the year they got promoted from the Championship and was standout for our reserves and youth teams.

Questioning whether he should be given a shot with the first team is no different that people calling for Sterling, Suso, Ibe, Wisdom & Kelly

They don't all work out unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The interest seemed to be very real, but ended when Skrtel signed a new contract.

There was no bid of any sort made and as such we have no idea if the interest was very real or not. I am sure that if City were really interested they would have tested the waters with somne kind of bid.

The £20m figure was one that was banded about on twitter and by a few journos. Would imagine that if there had been any chance of getting that kind of money that Skrtel would have been long gone by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

D'Agger wrote: »
    It reads, to me at least, as though you're happy he didn't make it.

Whether he's found his level or not only time will tell but that guy played well for Norwich the year they got promoted from the Championship and was standout for our reserves and youth teams.

Questioning whether he should be given a shot with the first team is no different that people calling for Sterling, Suso, Ibe, Wisdom & Kelly

They don't all work out unfortunately.

You can apply whatever sentiment you like to my statement, it's of no interest to me.

He was not and is not up to the required standard. Nothing he did at his short spell at Norwich and in Spain did anything to counter that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Got a good laugh when I saw this one. From caught offside.
    Liverpool have stepped up their attempts to bring former front man Fernando Torres back to Anfield this summer after meeting with the Chelsea player’s agent in London over the weekend.

The Merseyside giants have privately accepted that wantaway forward Luis Suarez has now played his final game for the Reds, with the club’s American owners the Fenway Sports Group having now instructed managing director Ian Ayre to simply get the highest transfer fee possible for their star man.

Premier League rivals Arsenal have already had two bids for the Uruguay international rejected by Liverpool, but it is understood that a third offer in excess of £50 million will be enough to convince the Merseysiders to allow Suarez to make the move south to the Emirates.And as soon as that protracted deal has been completed, the Reds will then turn their attentions to landing Suarez’s replacement following successful talks with Torres’s agent Antonio Sanz in the capital on Saturday, where personal terms were agreed over a £150,000-per-week five-year deal.

The Spain international was recently informed by returning Chelsea head coach Jose Mourinho that he will only be used as an impact substitute at Stamford Bridge next season, with the Portuguese favouring front men Romelu Lukaku and soon-to-be new arrival Wayne Rooney over him in attack.

Meanwhile, the two clubs in question have already agreed a fee of £20m for the misfiring striker, who has netted just 34 goals in 131 games since making his £50m switch from Anfield to the Bridge in January 2011.

Initially it was thought that the 29-year-old would reject Liverpool’s advances in order to fight for his starting place in the Blues lineup, however, after talks with close friends, key family members and his advisers, Torres has now come to the conclusion that a move back to his former club is the best course of action for his career, and especially in a season that ends with the World Cup finals in Brazil.

Rega wrote: »
    What?

1. Valdes says he's leaving Barcelona.

2. Reina is linked with them and says he would go.

3. Liverpool buy a replacement keeper.

4. Valdes says he's going nowhere.

5. Reina gets sent to Napoli as Liverpool have his replacement.

How were the club suppoesed to act? What if Barca came in for him on transfer deadline day and we couldn't get a replacement in on time? Been stung like that before haven't we?

Reina wanted everything his way. Wanted to leave then wanted a new contract to stay.

If he took a little responsibility for the way things worked out I'd respect him more.

Too simplistic. Reina said he would like if they considered it if a request came in from a specific club. They essentially responded by replacing him and moving him anywhere they could. You can bet your bottom dollar if they didn't want to lose him they would have told him to feck off and we'd have heard nothing about it. It's not like he was going to go to Barca against the clubs will or anything if they had come in for him. I can understand what was done from both sides, but I'd have preferred if the club had a proper dialogue with a player who has been there through thick and thin in the last few years.

The way some are painting it, the only reason Mignolet was signed was because Reina said he wanted to go to Barca. Even if he never said that he would still not be at the club, make no mistake about that. Look at how the heels are dug in with Suarez for proof of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Got a good laugh when I saw this one. From caught offside.

Jesus, that site never fails to amuse.

Yep, 5 year 150k per week contract for a 29 year old who costs 20m is just what this club needs right now. If he was available for 10m and 70k per week I'd take him though! As much chance of Liverpool signing me for those terms though I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

5starpool wrote: »
    Look at how the heels are dug in with Suarez for proof of that.

Reina had to be replaced, Suarez cant be.....thats the difference.....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement