Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Torres, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

5starpool wrote: »
    The way some are painting it, the only reason Mignolet was signed was because Reina said he wanted to go to Barca. Even if he never said that he would still not be at the club, make no mistake about that. Look at how the heels are dug in with Suarez for proof of that.

There was a fair chance he was leaving for Barca though, the club had to plan for that. I'm really not sure they'd have sold without the interest, they've reportedly had offers before and for big money.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I'd have him back on two conditions.

1. < 10 million
    2. Long blonde hair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Some more on Papa...
    James ‏@Zwerxn 15m
    Im only assuming but if he's been in Lpool & at the FFC game then maybe the deal has been agreed for months & we're waiting for full fitness
    Retweetet von Jack Sear

James ‏@Zwerxn 17m
    I remember reading rumours on here that Papa had visited a Liverpool hospital for his knee. The report also says hes already been at Anfield
    Retweetet von Jack Sear

James ‏@Zwerxn 20m
    http://www.sportday.gr/%CE%91%CE%A1%CE%98%CE%A1%CE%9F/12621/%CE%A3%CF%84%CE%B1--%CF%80%CF%8C%CE%B4%CE%B9%CE%B1-%CF%84%CE%BF%CF%85Retweetet von Jack Sear
    Öffnen

James ‏@Zwerxn 20m
    Also that the medical will take 2 days because of his injury and the fee is 16m euros (13m quid) they're claiming his dad is their source
    Retweetet von Jack Sear

James ‏@Zwerxn 21m
    they also say that the deal will be concluded when the Reds return from Thailand and he will undergo a medical near the 10th when he's fit
    Retweetet von Jack Sear

James ‏@Zwerxn 22m
    Greek Media outlet "Sport Day" are claiming that Liverpool have had an agreement with Schalke for a few months to return when Papa is fit
    Retweetet von Jack Sear

@RiseOfTheKop: So Greek newspaper 'Sport Day' say BR told Papadopoulos personally that #LFC will return at the end of July, when he returns from injury.

Jack Sear ‏@JackSear 1m
    Weird that all this Papadopoulos stuff is coming to the surface today. His buyout clause expires tomorrow. It does make sense

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

K-9 wrote: »
    There was a fair chance he was leaving for Barca though, the club had to plan for that. I'm really not sure they'd have sold without the interest, they've reportedly had offers before and for big money.

Offers in previous summers are no indication of anything in a subsequent summer. If Reina shines at Napoli while Mignolet gets the yips, or whatever the keeper equivalent is you can expect the clubs position to be different on this by the time next summer comes around.

Good Luck to Adorjan. Hope he does well for Groningen.
    Stefan Coerts (@StefanCoerts)
    30/07/2013 14:21
    Groningen have agreed terms with #LFC youngster Krisztian Adorjan over a contract till 2017 IF they exercise option to buy after loan spell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Good Luck to Adorjan. Hope he does well for Groningen.
    That is disappointing. If he does well for them, then surely they will just exercise that option and we lose the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

That is disappointing. If he does well for them, then surely they will just exercise that option and we lose the player.

****ing loan deals.....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

NukaCola wrote: »
    ****ing loan deals.....:mad:

Don't look now:
    Liverpool prepared to let Martin Skrtel go to Napoli on loan

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-martin-skrtel-2104741#.UffVaV2Kh_A.twitter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

:confused: loan

Offers in previous summers are no indication of anything in a subsequent summer. If Reina shines at Napoli while Mignolet gets the yips, or whatever the keeper equivalent is you can expect the clubs position to be different on this by the time next summer comes around.

Well yes, his form wasn't great for 18 months or so. I don't get why you are so sure he wouldn't be here regardless of Barca, Barca is the significant thing in the whole episode, he says the letter said the same thing, either them or a new contract at Liverpool.

From the clubs point of view they obviously thought there was a good chance the move was going to happen, planned accordingly and bought early, as they should do, Valdes does a U turn and Liverpool are left with 2 top level goalkeepers. What Reina wants now doesn't matter, the best thing for the club does, and him sitting on the bench when we've more important areas to cover in the team, isn't it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Using that same Logic. If he can't make it in Groningen, then he is never going to make it in Liverpool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

If Real Madrid are paying 86m for bale.
    Should we not get the same for Suarez ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

FFS F365 have Skrtel to Napoli ON LOAN!

Much as I liked Adorjan, it is for his own good. He was likely not going to get a chance in his favoured position for the senior team. I'm sure over the next few weeks a few more of the u-21's from last season will be let move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I am pretty sure that's one of the terms stewards have been told to listen out for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that's one of the terms stewards have been told to listen out for.

only at White Hart lane ;)

If Real Madrid are paying 86m for bale.
    Should we not get the same for Suarez ?

The Market dictates the Price.

And in this case, no one, other than Arsenal is bidding for Suarez.

If you believe the Rumors, Arsenal is going to come back with an Improved Offer of 42,500,001. By that measure, then it's surely going to take awhile to reach 86M. :D

Well yes, his form wasn't great for 18 months or so. I don't get why you are so sure he wouldn't be here regardless of Barca, Barca is the significant thing in the whole episode, he says the letter said the same thing, either them or a new contract at Liverpool.

From the clubs point of view they obviously thought there was a good chance the move was going to happen, planned accordingly and bought early, as they should do, Valdes does a U turn and Liverpool are left with 2 top level goalkeepers. What Reina wants now doesn't matter, the best thing for the club does, and him sitting on the bench when we've more important areas to cover in the team, isn't it.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be replacing Reina, but I still don't think the only reason he has been replaced is that he said he'd like to move to Barca if they came in for him. Whatever the rights and wrongs of it, there should have been more dialogue from the club to him directly on the loan, that's all I'm saying. I'm sure he knew Napoli were interested in him, but the club should have talked to him directly before accepting a loan offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Loan deal for Skrtel actually make more sense than the Reina deal did.

Skrtel only signed a new deal last year, so still has a few years left on his contract.

We'd probably get £3-4m for the loan deal which isn't far off the supposed value we're willing to sell him for. If he had a good year on loan, his value should increase a little.

Reina on the other hand will only have one year left when he returns from the loan and won't be worth a whole pile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

djPSB wrote: »
    Reina on the other hand will only have one year left when he returns from the loan and won't be worth a whole pile.

Two years, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Leiva wrote: »

stone-cold-laughing.gif

I was only joking when I suggested that Rafa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Skrtel only signed a new deal last year, so still has a few years left on his contract.

We'd probably get £3-4m for the loan deal which isn't far off the supposed value we're willing to sell him for. If he had a good year on loan, his value should increase a little.

Loan is the new sell.

As you said, if he starts there, and in the CL, and does ok, there are likely to be more interested clubs next summer.

Can we loan two players to the same club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

scouseres.jpg

when it come to players already on the books why does everything have to come down to wages these days?

Not a hope of that happening.
    :confused:

Why don`t we loan Coates who needs one badly.

sweetie wrote: »
    FFS a man who lives in a dustbin outside my house have Skrtel to Napoli ON LOAN!

FYP...

when it come to players already on the books why does everything have to come down to wages these days?

By far our biggest cost and a much bigger spend each year than transfer fees. Stands to reason it should get more attention that fees do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Its about what they offer for the money they get. Otherwise we'd be signing Joe Coles all over again.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be replacing Reina, but I still don't think the only reason he has been replaced is that he said he'd like to move to Barca if they came in for him.

Maybe they decided than in all likelihood he'd be gone if not this Summer, next and spent big enough money on a goalkeeper. Still I think Barca is the big factor as the player stated himself it was the one club he wanted to go to, the club decided not to wait around to find out.
    Whatever the rights and wrongs of it, there should have been more dialogue from the club to him directly on the loan, that's all I'm saying. I'm sure he knew Napoli were interested in him, but the club should have talked to him directly before accepting a loan offer.

Seems odd that nobody would mention it, though I doubt his contact with Rafa totally dried up to the extent that Reina knew nothing about it!

Only Johnson, Lucas and Agger left from Rafa's time.

• Advertisement

Using that same Logic. If he can't make it in Groningen, then he is never going to make it in Liverpool.
    We're giving away the upside.

If he's crap, we're stuck with the player. If he's good, we lose him.

This is really foolish business.

By far our biggest cost and a much bigger spend each year than transfer fees. Stands to reason it should get more attention that fees do.

IF true about Skrtel going on loan then its bizarre imo. We gave the guy a new long term contract last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Maybe they decided than in all likelihood he'd be gone if not this Summer, next and spent big enough money on a goalkeeper. Still I think Barca is the big factor as the player stated himself it was the one club he wanted to go to, the club decided not to wait around to find out.

Seems odd that nobody would mention it, though I doubt his contact with Rafa totally dried up to the extent that Reina knew nothing about it!

Only Johnson, Lucas and Agger left from Rafa's time.

Rafa got rid of the best Rafa signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can't see us getting more than 2m for a year loaning of Skrtel.

IF true about Skrtel going on loan then its bizarre imo. We gave the guy a new long term contract last summer.
    Yea, but that was after one of his best seasons for us. He followed it up by having his worst season and it looks like he may have had a disagreement with Rodgers.

There should be a hall of remembrance for posters past. I was reading a thread in the TV forum recently and noticed that missingtime had closed his boards account. Reading over the threads recently would be a totally different poster set from reading them 4-5 years ago I'd say, never mind older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Gotta cut that wage bill yo!

Not because we were building the team around him (although we expected him to be first choice), partially to protect ourselves. So that if we did loan him out (giving him starts at a high level and saving us 3M a year, without the loan fee), we can still get a good sale fee later,.

It's either that, sell him (for an undersized fee?) or keep him as 3rd choice...

There should be a hall of remembrance for posters past. I was reading a thread in the TV forum recently and noticed that missingtime had closed his boards account. Reading over the threads recently would be a totally different poster set from reading them 4-5 years ago I'd say, never mind older.

The last of the Rafa signings.

• Advertisement

f365 is garbage, worse than caughtoffisde - so don't pay any attention to either source.

Knex. wrote: »
    Can't see us getting more than 2m for a year loaning of Skrtel.

Don't forget the all important wages!

Doesn't bother me that much, but I'm sure the guys paying them can think of better places in the team to spend £5.5 Million a year. Ideally it wouldn't be a problem and we'd be in the CL, but everybody is calling for 2/3 first team starters as a necessity, not a luxury like an expensive back up keeper.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Gotta cut that wage bill yo!

is there a competition, investor or something going on that dictates we must lower the wage bill below a certain benchmark.

its getting weird now.

Looking good for Danny boy at least.
    Graeme Kelly ‏@GraemeKelly1 8m
    @ElmoRed2011 he's more than jogging mate. Working very hard.

Graeme Kelly ‏@GraemeKelly1 7m
    @ElmoRed2011 @graemekelly1 he's on track for start of the season mate.

Graeme Kelly ‏@GraemeKelly1 1m
    @MoleyBTK @Howorth71 while the team was away he watched every game and was asking for extra sessions. He will be ready for the season.

Lets hope Papa passes the medical or else

rage.gif

• Advertisement

Another thing people are forgetting - we don't need as much depth this season for rotation, only domestic trophies to play for. So we could afford to lose Skrtel AND Coates (or Skrtel and Wisdom) and only replace one. That would still give us 4 start-able CBs for a season or less than 50 games...

Football 365 is now a top-class source, good to now!

It's been fairly well flagged that he is on his way out the door. He's no longer first choice, I'm sure he's not too keen on sticking around himself.

Loan would be very odd.

I think though people see loan and assume we are getting screwed. Like with Aquilani or Cole were we still paid most of their wages. I can't imagine he or Reina would be let on loan without all wages paid and a loan fee to us. Then of course he is still ours to sell next summer.

Would much better to get a fee for him now of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

To be honest, if we sign Papadontpreach, I don't care where Skrtel goes and I don't care if it's a loan or a transfer.

Ultimately, we will have replaced him with a better player.

A lot of separation anxiety around here of late. If we're bringing in players to specifically replace existing squad members, then there is a logic to moving on the replaced-out-of-favour-player.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement