Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Anyone see anything even semi reliable to say that we are getting a loan fee for Reina even?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I am pie wrote: »
    You can apply whatever sentiment you like to my statement, it's of no interest to me.

He was not and is not up to the required standard. Nothing he did at his short spell at Norwich and in Spain did anything to counter that fact.

It was an implied question seeing as it is of interest to me, but I'll go ahead and be direct about it this time - are you happy to see a player come through the youth ranks, show promise and not make it because people here wanted him to play?

There's no argument that he's not up to the standard, we wouldn't be selling him otherwise. But there was a time when he was our best youth prospect and people were asking why he wasn't being given a few minutes or a half with our first team, given his form. There's zero wrong with wanting that in the same way I want it for other players coming through the ranks that I mentioned earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

The Mirror are reporting the Skrtel to Napoli on loan deal. Not that they're reliable, just better that f365!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Blatter wrote: »
    The Mirror are reporting the Skrtel to Napoli on loan deal. Not that they're reliable, just better that f365!

Moley was tweeting one of their reporters who said that at 10:30pm they will have news of his replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not if one is quoting the other. Garbage in - garbage out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Slow news day for the Mirror then!

Don't think they are quite as bad as some of the rags, seems odd we'd loan 2 players to Rafa, would think the club would prefer to sell Skrtel anyway. I suppose if you have to pay a loyalty bonus to the player there mightn't be as much as people think in it. A loan is much quicker too rather than maybe haggling for weeks.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I think its a good business to offload high earners on loan who will play little or no part next season.

In the case of Skrtel or Reina you get 200k a week off the wage bill plus a likely loan fee and then in the end you could flog each player for a few of million.

This all has to be followed up with re-investing those savings.

Im still expecting 3 players capable of starting in the first 11 adding real squad depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

F365 aren't a news website, they comment on and re-post news. They're practically satire. They aren't the source of news any more than Boards.ie is.

As per the first link posted on the story, The Mirror are the ones reporting Skrtel on loan to Napoli. They got the Mignolet stuff right early-on, and were right about Mkhitaryan's ownership structure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I want the transfer window to shut so we can talk abut football again instead of this thread being commentary of Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

5starpool wrote: »
    Anyone see anything even semi reliable to say that we are getting a loan fee for Reina even?

Don't think anything's been said by any journalists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Sappy404 wrote: »
    F365 aren't a news website, they comment on and re-post news. They're practically satire. They aren't the source of news any more than Boards.ie is.

As per the first link posted on the story, The Mirror are the ones reporting Skrtel on loan to Napoli. They got the Mignolet stuff right early-on, and were right about Mkhitaryan's ownership structure.

This.

Anybody who takes F365 as a serious source is a fool.

The site is a location to view everything regarding rumours/gossip etc. from all the main red tops and broadsheets with them pulling the píss out of most of the stories.

Damien Comolli bought Bale.

just saying. :)

/dives under desk.

Skrtel on loan? Must be a joke surely!

If it's true there really are some clowns at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Leiva wrote: »
    I just cant remember a time when we treated a long standing, quality, dedicated member of staff in the way Reina alleges that his transfer was. there is no denying it could have been handled better.

Its not the way we do things, and if we start down that path then they can go ta ****.

Reina never denied his interest in Barca when asked and that's going way back and not just in recent times.
    sure he tried to even help in getting his team-mate Fabregas signed for them :pac:
    article-1294228-0A6B9E05000005DC-268_634x432.jpg

I've been with my company, a US multinational for 9 years now. If I told them I wanted to leave for a big competitor, but that if the move fell through I'd be needing a pay rise, what do you think they will do? Hold a party for me, or tell me to GTFO?

Biggest problem with Skrtel I have is for such a hard looking guy he so ****ing soft. Easily bullied.

Remember Rodgers said he made Oldham's Matt Smith look like Didier Drogba.....think his faith was decided then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've been with my company, a US multinational for 9 years now. If I told them I wanted to leave for a big competitor, but that if the move fell through I'd be needing a pay rise, what do you think they will do? Hold a party for me, or tell me to GTFO?

These football/office comparisons never work.

Unless we're taking Rodgers and Brent, which in fairness, sometimes did.

Playing for Rafa in a team in the CL and who will challenge for the title.

I'd say it's a tough choice for Reina and Skrtel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Grayditch wrote: »

In fairness, they sometimes do

rob316 wrote: »
    Biggest problem with Skrtel I have is for such a hard looking guy he so ****ing soft. Easily bullied.

Remember Rodgers said he made Oldham's Matt Smith look like Didier Drogba.....think his faith was decided then.

honestly that is the only stand out bad game I can remember and I would say him and Brendan had a bad falling out, hence why he didn't see much game time immediately after the Oldham game.

Yes over his LFC career he has been inconsistent but he is not half as bad as some make out on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

djPSB wrote: »
    To be honest, if we sign Papadontpreach, I don't care where Skrtel goes and I don't care if it's a loan or a transfer.

Ultimately, we will have replaced him with a better player.

Unless we managed to let him go and not get a replacement.

Then we'd be in trouble, deep!

:D:D

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Skrtel on loan? Must be a joke surely!

If it's true there really are some clowns at the club.

If it means getting a first choice CB in quicker what's the problem? Worried about not getting his transfer fee? Too many accountants on this thread! ;)

Some people just want to moan all the time.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Playing for Rafa in a team in the CL and who will challenge for the title.

I'd say it's a tough choice for Reina and Skrtel!

In fairness it's not a tough choice for Liverpool either. Neither have been good enough for our first 11 and are on the kind of money befitting top class players in their positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

honestly that is the only stand out bad game I can remember and I would say him and Brendan had a bad falling out, hence why he didn't see much game time immediately after the Oldham game.

Yes over his LFC career he has been inconsistent but he is not half as bad as some make out on here.

The Man City game kinda set the tone for the season. Not completely his fault but he had more than his fair share of those moments.

T-K-O wrote: »
    The Man City game kinda set the tone for the season. Not completely his fault but he had more than his fair share of those moments.

oops :o forgot about that passback.

K-9 wrote: »
    M

Only Johnson, Lucas and Agger left from Rafa's time.

What a signing Gerrard was by Woy, good times :)

• Advertisement

f365 is garbage, worse than caughtoffisde - so don't pay any attention to either source.

F365 don't generate their own rumours. They just re-publish the mornings gossip from the press, then monitor twitter and online media for the day, pretty much the same stuff we do! IMO it's great site, some smashing articles, but hate John Nich with a passion.

Their forum is the stuff of legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

5starpool wrote: »
    Too simplistic. Reina said he would like if they considered it if a request came in from a specific club. They essentially responded by replacing him and moving him anywhere they could. You can bet your bottom dollar if they didn't want to lose him they would have told him to feck off and we'd have heard nothing about it. It's not like he was going to go to Barca against the clubs will or anything if they had come in for him. I can understand what was done from both sides, but I'd have preferred if the club had a proper dialogue with a player who has been there through thick and thin in the last few years.

The way some are painting it, the only reason Mignolet was signed was because Reina said he wanted to go to Barca. Even if he never said that he would still not be at the club, make no mistake about that. Look at how the heels are dug in with Suarez for proof of that.

Ahh hear you'd swear they loaned him to a serie B side and he was gonna be slumming it the way people are talking . He's at Napoli, a team who came second in Serie A last season, are in the champs league , have a quality manager with money to spend so are like as not to stay there, and to top it all off even if Napoli choose not to buy him in the end he'll likely end up at Barca (or back to us). Well cry me a f**king river.

I love Reina as much as the next man but the faux "agenda" driven outrage over his ignominious fate as he's forced to slum it at a champions league club is getting ridiculous.

The much wanted Jones is the only 1 left from his time.

Grayditch wrote: »

Why don't they work? It's an employer/employee/competitor situation. Same in all walks of life, only difference is, the tabloids have no interest in tracking my every career move :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Would imagine that K-9 meant that of the signings Rafa made, only three will remain if Skrtel moves.

He would be wrong though as there would still be more than three unless there are further sales/loans (assuming young players are counted).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/joel.amorim/301844/liverpool-approached-dnipro-about-konoplyanka?ref=iPhone_Twitter

A new one on me, no idea how reliable or not the site is but they say that talks are going on for the services of Yevhen Konoplyanka

:( sad panda is me.

BQbXromCIAAIAQi.jpg:large

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would imagine that K-9 meant that of the signings Rafa made, only three will remain if Skrtel moves.

I know, it was tongue in cheek. My smiley range is limited to happy or sad :):(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Seems Madrid have bid £85m for Bale.

The world has gone mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Personally, I thought he had an absolute stinker of a season - looked like his heart just wasn't in it anymore - and he was rightly dropped by Rodgers.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

We're being linked with Konoplyanka from Dnipro who plays on the left wing and is known as the Ukrainian Messi . All I can say about him is that I vaguely remember being impressed with him when Ukraine played England last year. Scored a belter that day too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/joel.amorim/301844/liverpool-approached-dnipro-about-konoplyanka?ref=iPhone_Twitter

A new one on me, no idea how reliable or not the site is but they say that talks are going on for the services of Yevhen Konoplyanka

Both United and Arsenal linked recently. He has a new agent, apparently - no surprise so!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    We're being linked with Konoplyanka from Dnipro who plays on the left wing and is known as the Ukrainian Messi . All I can say about him is that I vaguely remember being impressed with him when Ukraine played England last year. Scored a belter that day too.

hang on, so he is the Ukrainain Messi !?

where is the Ghana Messi gone that we were linked to?

all these Messi's need to take a ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

In fairness it's not a tough choice for Liverpool either. Neither have been good enough for our first 11 and are on the kind of money befitting top class players in their positions.

they are not good enough for liverpools first team but they are good enough for a team that finished second in italy last year and are in the champions league, you really couldn't make this stuff up

K-9 wrote: »
    If it means getting a first choice CB in quicker what's the problem? Worried about not getting his transfer fee? Too many accountants on this thread! ;)

Some people just want to moan all the time.

Not moaning. Just making a valid point about loaning players that would we could get half decent cash for, particularly when the club being talked about has mountains of cash!

Getting a replacement in goes without saying.

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    they are not good enough for liverpools first team but they are good enough for a team that finished second in italy last year and are in the champions league, you really couldn't make this stuff up

Well we have a goalkeeper who is younger than Reina and has been better than him for the last 2 seasons.

Skrtel was dropped for a 35 year old last season and our defense improved in his absence. I'd start Toure ahead of him now because I think he suits are way of playing better. We will sign a centre-back to replace Skrtel as well.

I'm not saying we are better than Napoli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Even I amn't buying that anyone at the club is stupid enough to allow Skrtel to leave on loan to Napoli after allowing Reina to do the same. That kind of idiocy surely cannot strike twice.

Skrtel is a good player, capable of being very good. Selling him for such a menial fee would be silly. Loaning him would genuinely be retarded.

I do laugh at people like whatawaster scoffing at Skrtel/Reina going to Napoli as they're, "yea well they're not good enough for us anyway"........

Newsflash lads, Napoli are way better than us. They're in the CL. They're league challengers in Italy. Their manager is literally a thousand times better than our manager and they seem to have a load of cash to spend. Loaning them a player is enough of a joke, selling them another for a bargain price would be farcical. I refuse to believe we're that stupid.

If the manager at our club thinks that the players at our club aren't good enough for us so wants to move them on, yet a better manager, at a better team thinks they're good enough for them.....we clearly have issues with our manager. But I guess I'm not allowed say that, despite it being so incredibly obvious.

whatawaster, I'm curious is there any action FSG or our manager could take this summer that you would be critical of?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Positivity \o/

Not like Rafa doesn't make bad signings, no siree. A defence of Albiol and Skrtel will be entertaining to put it kindly!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    whatawaster, I'm curious is there any action FSG or our manager could take this summer that would would think would be critical of?

Not buying a better centre back than we currently have.

Selling Suarez and not replacing him

Not buying at least one more starting quality player for the attacking 3rd of the pitch.

Skrtel isn't going to get any better on our bench, nor will his value appreciate.
    He will drop in value, he will get angry.

I have no idea why we would loan him. I'm sure we are not deliberately trying to accept bad offers for him. If we loan him out, it's safe to assume nobody wants to buy him (at least nobody that Skrtel wants to go to) or else that offers to buy him are less attractive than the option to loan him and sell him next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Looks like the club are struggling for funds now seeing as Real Madrid never came calling for Suarez.

It will be a summer of re arranging the chairs more than likely, buying to sell.

The only way we will add to the squad is if we move someone else on first.

FSG have no intention of spending money unless the Suarez cash lines their pockets this summer.

If Skrtel moves to Napoli on loan then alarm bells should be ringing. The new buzz move is to mention how much we are saving in the season on wages when moving a guy out on loan.

This is the move of a club who have no money.

darced wrote: »

Napoli might be a better team than us (though we would have finished higher than 7th in Serie A last year imo) but that doesn't mean every Napoli player is better than every Liverpool player or that there are no positions were we are stronger than they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

darced wrote: »

Its called investing in the future, rather than hanging on to the past. Something this club has been all too good at, to its considerable detriment.

Lets wait and see. Players go stale, Reina in decline for 2 seasons and Skrtel has always been hit and miss.

Why is everyone so bothered about where they go as long as we upgrade, which we have already with the keeper.

Rafa isn't the utmost football authority he signed plenty of duds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Looks like the club are struggling for funds now seeing as Real Madrid never came calling for Suarez.

It will be a summer of re arranging the chairs more than likely, buying to sell.

The only way we will add to the squad is if we move someone else on first.

FSG have no intention of spending money unless the Suarez cash lines their pockets this summer.

If Skrtel moves to Napoli on loan then alarm bells should be ringing. The new buzz move is to mention how much we are saving in the season on wages when moving a guy out on loan.

This is the move of a club who have no money.

If we loan our first choice keeper of 8 years and rumoured* to be loaning skittles then i doubt theres a lack of money

*99% chance of it being a bull**** story but anyways...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement