Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

I wonder has the club taken the approach that the best way to get out of this malaise we find ourselves in, is to remove many of the players at the heart of it.

Skrtel and Reina heading for the exits. Rumour of Johnson being moved on too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Underperformers out, new blood in. No problem at all with that. Positively glad.

Skrtel and Reina were poor last season. So long as another CB of 1st team quality is coming in I am happy to see both leave.

The whingers and self appointed experts on the finances of Liverpool FC can be given the floor on Sept 4th, until them they are an amusing diversion. Like watching at a drunken lunatic raging incoherently on the footpath while everyone else goes on about their business.

At this present moment I'm certainly worried about this upcoming season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

To be honest im more concerned about being able to watch the matches. With ESPN after pulling out and UPC have not done a deal with BTsports yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Could be pretty awkward in here later in the season as we watch 2 of our players play for a manager who would have joined us, all 'play' in the CL while we search for loans for a few other randoms from poor teams and continue to massacre any notion of this club getting anywhere. Dont be surprised if in a couple of years you wake up in zombie mode staring into your cornflakes wondering how the f**k we got to where we are, being led by people who are only too happy to be in jobs/own the club but not have a scooby about how to achieve things in the game.

Re Reina.

Funny how some lads are happy to see Reina out the exits but want to keep a player at any cost who would do an Odemwingie in the morning to about 20 other clubs if he had a chance, and then preach to others about such things like moral compass re Reina's exit. Seems moral compass only works depending on your form, thats one to live by, eh lads?. A few years ago the Chelsea goalkeeper was in terrible form for a long time but he was kept, he turned it around. Reina could easily do the same but i can see how it got to this stage. Where it takes the p1ss is fans bangin on about some sense of loyalty Reina didnt make towards the club in the last year. Fkin pathetic stuff, considering what this club has done over the last 4 or 5 years im surprised anyone like Reina has hung around this long tbh.

And one final point, only reason he left is because he wants to be playing with a world cup next year. Its that simple. Talk of 'oh, he could have refused to go' is more horsesh1te. Reina is no fool, he can actually see through this bollocks about competition for places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Do you reckon Skrtel knows he is going to Napoli yet? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Are People really that Thick? It actually makes sense to Loan Skrtel.

I mean, who in their right mind would buy a CB that got torched by a bit-part Striker of a League 1 Side and got dropped for a 35yo that's going to Retire?

There's a Reason why we haven't heard of any Club, aside from Napoli, that's even Interested in him. Much less any Bid worth taking.

At least if does Good on his Loan, specially in the CL Competitions, then we can have a much better chance of selling him for a Good Price.

If you're going to be Outrage, do it if we don't get any Replacements for him.

It's not like Skrtel is going to contribute much, while sitting on the bench, twiddling his thumbs.

I mean, who in their right mind would buy a CB that got torched by a bit-part Striker of a League 1 Side and got dropped for a 35yo that's going to Retire?

There's a Reason why we haven't heard of any Club, aside from Napoli, that's even Interested in him. Much less any Bid of worth taking.

At least if does Good on his Loan, specially in the CL Competitions, then we can have a much better chance of selling him for a Good Price.

It's not like Skrtel is going to contribute much, while sitting on the bench, twiddling his thumbs.

He'll have a year less on his contract so his price would drop quite a bit.

Loaning youngsters out is one thing but loaning out senior squad players is stupid. Are other clubs around us doing this as a matter of interest?

Turtyturd wrote: »

Probably found out on twitter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Turtyturd wrote: »

His letter to the fans is probably already in the post .

rarnes1 wrote: »

Loaning youngsters out is one thing but loaning out senior squad players is stupid. Are other clubs around us doing this as a matter of interest?

Aside from Napoli's Interest, do we even have any Bids for him?

His letter to the fans is probably already in the post .

Surely an email would be handier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

There's a Reason why we haven't heard of any Club, aside from Napoli, that's even Interested in him. Much less any Bid worth taking.

You have to be on a wind up?

Aside from Napoli's Interest, do we even have any Bids for him?

No idea. I don't have any contacts in LFC!

Has it even been confirmed as a loan deal by a reputable source ?

Has it even been confirmed as a loan deal by a reputable source ?

Nobody knows. Everyone is speculating on what ifs I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Mr Alan wrote: »
    You have to be on a wind up?

Rafa is a thousand times better than BR. So let Rafa find Martins form and send him home in 12 months so we can make a tidy little profit.

Job's oxo.

Surely an email would be handier

Have you seen his tats ?

nope, he's an ink man through and through.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

T-K-O wrote: »
    Rafa is a thousand times better than BR. So let Rafa find Martins form and send him home in 12 months so we can make a tidy little profit.

Job's oxo.

Well played ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/30/liverpool-unacceptable-words-discrimination

Liverpool issue list of 'unacceptable' words to fight discrimination

• Terms cover race, sexual orientation, gender, disability
    • Offensive religious terms also on Liverpool's list

T-K-O wrote: »

Job's oxo.

Or, and here's a revelation!

Don't loan him out & instead bring in a manager who has a clue what he's doing?!

Don't loan him out & instead bring in a manager who has a clue what he's doing?!

Its the guys above him that worry me tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Take a break ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

rob316 wrote: »
    Biggest problem with Skrtel I have is for such a hard looking guy he so ****ing soft. Easily bullied.

Remember Rodgers said he made Oldham's Matt Smith look like Didier Drogba.....think his faith was decided then.
    Do you remember how furious Rodgers was after that game? That game marked a lot of players cards (Robinson, Coates, Skrtel).

No idea. I don't have any contacts in LFC!

So you don't have any Idea.

Then tell me, how can we Sell him, if there's no one Buying?

And I also disagree with your Post. Skrtel's Value has already plummeted to record lows. The only way to reverse that, is if he starts playing.

That can't happen while he's sitting on our Bench, out of favor.

Or and here's a bigger revelation.

Change the record.

The man is a year into the job. If you aren't sold on the manager I would agree, lots of us are of that opinion. He's got a lot to prove but stating he hasn't a clue is disingenuous

Its the guys above him that worry me tbh

Really, who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

daithijjj wrote: »
    Could be pretty awkward in here later in the season as we watch 2 of our players play for a manager who would have joined us, all 'play' in the CL while we search for loans for a few other randoms from poor teams and continue to massacre any notion of this club getting anywhere. Dont be surprised if in a couple of years you wake up in zombie mode staring into your cornflakes wondering how the f**k we got to where we are, being led by people who are only too happy to be in jobs/own the club but not have a scooby about how to achieve things in the game.

Re Reina.

Funny how some lads are happy to see Reina out the exits but want to keep a player at any cost who would do an Odemwingie in the morning to about 20 other clubs if he had a chance, and then preach to others about such things like moral compass re Reina's exit. Seems moral compass only works depending on your form, thats one to live by, eh lads?. A few years ago the Chelsea goalkeeper was in terrible form for a long time but he was kept, he turned it around. Reina could easily do the same but i can see how it got to this stage. Where it takes the p1ss is fans bangin on about some sense of loyalty Reina didnt make towards the club in the last year. Fkin pathetic stuff, considering what this club has done over the last 4 or 5 years im surprised anyone like Reina has hung around this long tbh.

And one final point, only reason he left is because he wants to be playing with a world cup next year. Its that simple. Talk of 'oh, he could have refused to go' is more horsesh1te. Reina is no fool, he can actually see through this bollocks about competition for places.

That's why I don't buy the point made earlier that we'd have sold him anyway. He was just after having a decent few months, everybody thought he was going to Barca, club didn't want to wait around on them and bought Mignolet, knowing he'll probably go next year anyway if Barca are interested.

I think we'd have kept him, the whole Barca thing complicated it.

As for selling Skrtel, the club would have to pay him a substantial loyalty bonus as he only signed a contract last Summer, if he'd only go for £8-10 Million, not that much in it.

As for Rafa, that is his choice, he isn't always right and the club automatically wrong.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

So you don't have any Idea.

Then tell me, how can we Sell him, if there's no one Buying?

And I also disagree with your Post. Skrtel's Value has already plummeted to record lows. The only way to reverse that, is if he starts playing.

That can't happen while he's sitting on our Bench, out of favor.

I never said I had any idea if you read my first post.

Are any other clubs around us loaning out senior squad members?

I never said I had any idea if you read my first post.

Are any other clubs around us loaning out senior squad members?

Chelsea, Man City?

Jesus, we've been through this already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

You have to love this place. Everything is either black or white. No quarter is given whatsoever. A decision is either the best thing we could do, or the worst possible choice in history :D

On the skrtels loan thing(assuming its true), if we look back at out recent loaning history ,assuming we hadn't loaned Carroll to the Hammers for a season and instead insisted on a cash deal there and then, does anyone here actually believe they would have coughed up the 15 mill they eventually did.

Could be the owners are thinking along those lines , we can either get 7 mill now(which people here baulked at) or loan him and perhaps get 10 + on the back of a good season with Napoli.

On the skytel loan thing(assuming its true) if we look back at out recent loaning history ,assuming we hadn't loaned Carroll to the Hammers for a season and instead insisted on a cash deal there and then, does anyone here actually believe they would have coughed up the 15 mill they eventually did.

Could be the owners are thinking along those lines , we can either get 7 mill now(which people here baulked at) or loan him and perhaps get 10 + on the back of a good season.

I raise you Aquilani !

The worst deal in LFC history!

I raise you Aquilani !

The worst deal in LFC history!

I thought the the deal in which we actually signed him was worse.

• Advertisement

Hoki wrote: »
    Take a break ffs

People here are saying potentially loaning Skrtel & Reina out is totally fine & the right thing to do & I'm the one who needs to take a break?! Unbelievable.

Chelsea, Man City?

Jesus, we've been through this already.

I mean at our level. Comparing billionaire clubs to ours is silly.

Pedalstool wrote: »
    I thought the the deal in which we actually signed him was worse.

The whole saga from start to finish was insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This loaning business seems to be putting us more at risk of being short of cover for the sake of saving money we don't seem to be spending, this window. It's also brining somewhat bad feeling with players and between fans.

I really hope they know what they're doing. Selling a player is one thing, but this loaning...

I mean at our level. Comparing billionaire clubs to ours is silly.

Would Benfica, Porto or Valencia do?

• Advertisement

The whole saga from start to finish was insane.

Amen.

Would Benfica, Porto or Valencia do?

citizen-kane-clapping.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

People here are saying potentially loaning Skrtel & Reina out is totally fine & the right thing to do & I'm the one who needs to take a break?! Unbelievable.

No Alan as you well know I'm referring to your sack Brendan Rodgers mantra.

Grayditch wrote: »
    This loaning business seems to be putting us more at risk of being short of cover for the sake of saving money we don't seem to be spending, this window. It's also brining somewhat bad feeling with players and between fans.

I really hope they know what they're doing. Selling a player is one thing, but this loaning...

It is quite a common practice in Italy though isn't it. Loaning a player with an option to buy. Both parties get something beneficial from it.

In my opinion, if we are loaning Skrtel, then the likelihood is we are going to bring in a quality replacement. (Papadopoulos?)

Then it makes a lot of sense. We'll have Toure and Wisdom for cover, which in my mind is a great balance of the experienced and the prospective talent.

As long as we bring in a quality first team replacement.

Anyone knows if this one is any Good?
    Manchester City midfielder Abdisalam Ibrahim handed free transfer

AbdisalamIbrahim_2883367.jpg?20130523230944

Sky Sports understands Manchester City have granted midfielder Abdisalam Ibrahim a free transfer to let him leave the Etihad Stadium.

Highly-rated Ibrahim is currently on loan at Norwegian side Stromsgodset, but he has a clause inserted in his loan deal which allows him to leave this summer if a club makes an offer for his services.

Ibrahim is entering the final year of his contract at City and with the Norway Under-21 international well down the pecking order in Manuel Pellegrini's star-studded squad, they are ready to let him leave for free.

A host of top-flight clubs in the UK are thought to be keeping tabs on the Somalia-born player, who has been outstanding for Stromsgodset this season.

Crystal Palace, West Brom, Newcastle, Swansea, Hull and Scottish champions Celtic are all thought to be admirers of the 22-year-old after tracking his progress in the Tippeligaen.

Palace are thought to be leading the chase for Ibrahim after seeing a move for Newcastle's Dan Gosling fall through.

Ibrahim is keen to be playing regular first-team football at this stage of his career and is hoping to resolve his long-term future in the next few weeks.

"Yes, it's true the club gave me a free transfer last week and my advisors are speaking with clubs at this stage," Ibrahim told Sky Sports.

"I'm hoping to have my future sorted in the next couple of weeks hopefully by mid August.

"Stromsgodset have been really good to me and I have developed so much here, but now I would like to test myself at the highest level which is playing in the Premier League week in week out."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8848013/manchester-city-midfielder-abdisalam-ibrahim-handed-free-transfer

Hoki wrote: »
    No Alan as you well know I'm referring to your sack Brendan Rodgers mantra.

So you agree with me that the idea of loaning Reina & Skrtel to a CL team is madness? Right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

You have to love this place. Everything is either black or white. No quarter is given whatsoever. A decision is either the best thing we could do, or the worst possible choice in history :D

Hysteria is as hyteria does...

You are in a constant state of confusion or exasperation on here Alan , it must be truly exhausting having to condescend all the time like you do , but i tell you what if pool could show half the bloody mindedness on the pitch that you do in your efforts to talk down to us then we will be a team transformed this season.

So you agree with me that the idea of loaning Reina & Skrtel to a CL team is madness? Right?

If they don't bring in two better replacements it is. Time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not if they're replaced by better players. Reina already has been, Skrtel - who's move remains a rumour - may well be too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement