Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Grayditch wrote: »
    Nobody was offended by the gifs, they just made skiving off work awkward.

No offence, but you don't know the half of it. You only saw what was said on here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I loaned my pencil to my mate in school once. He gave it back to me with the tip broken.

I have been against loans ever since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mike65 wrote: »
    Only when I'm The Presidents of the USA

Nah gotta play Peaches over Lump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

For my 2cents;
    ~Anyone who can contribute to the first team, either as starter or backup, I want kept.
    ~Anyone who won't feature and add to our options, I don't care how the club decides its best to go about getting rid in the short or long term.

Skrtel - if we bring in a starting CB, pushing him down to 4th choice, the club can do whatever makes sense to them.
    Sterling - want him kept, regardless. We don't have enough players with raw pace, so want him available as an option. If he's not playing many games, and we're doing we'll, I'm fine with him going on loan in January. For the moment though, with so many new attackers, I think we need to keep him as a "known quantity".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

The arrival of Papadopoulos would allow Martin Skrtel to pursue the move he suggested at the end of last season he may need to reignite his faltering career, and he has been linked with a similar loan move to Napoli that Pepe Reina has just undertaken.

Liverpool however, are insistent they will not even consider a temporary deal for the 28-year-old Slovakia international, and will only allow the centre half to move if they have a replacement secured.

Should they agree terms for Papadopoulos though, they would listen to offers of around £10million for Skrtel, who fell out of favour after a series of inconsistent displays in the first half of last season.

Rodgers wants a more commanding defender, in the mould of the now-retired Jamie Carragher, and sees Papadopoulos as a potential long-term replacement for the Anfield stalwart.

For at least a few hours can we all cease the hysteria

-wont consider loan
    -secure replacement first
    -10m fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Bit off-topic but I'm actually fascinated by what FSG might do on baseball transfer deadline day tomorrow. Basic summary of the rumours is that they would need to give up their best young player and $75m over 3 years to secure the contract of an ace 34 year old pitcher that could make the difference this year.

Alternative (much more likely) is that they keep the youngsters and reduce their chances of winning anything this year but keep developing the talent for future success.

Are there many parallels between how Liverpool and Red Sox are run do you think? I follow both teams and have definitely seen how the dumping of big earners like Crawford/Beckett/Gonzalez correspond to the wage reduction activities with Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    No offence, but you don't know the half of it. You only saw what was said on here :)

Dya mean people were flagging the posts, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

@SevillaFC_en 10m
    Liverpool fans, we feel your pain! Look what Warrior have done to the new Sevilla Atletico jersey!!

795424070.jpg?1375213269

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Answer the question put, that's all I ask of a fellow contributor to this thread.

If you go running I'll draw the only conclusion I can

Stop acting like a child, you might get a serious answer.

As you should be aware by now, spending 40m euro on xfer fees means fk all if you recoup most of it in wages over a period of time. The direction i want to see the club take is to freeze the cull on wages and actually put back in some of the extra money.

As has been pointed out before many times now, this club generates more money now than it ever has when it was in the CL.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Mike has a Morgan Freeman voice?

Thats i nice way of saying he needs a valium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

8-10 wrote: »
    Bit off-topic but I'm actually fascinated by what FSG might do on baseball transfer deadline day tomorrow. Basic summary of the rumours is that they would need to give up their best young player and $75m over 3 years to secure the contract of an ace 34 year old pitcher that could make the difference this year.

Alternative (much more likely) is that they keep the youngsters and reduce their chances of winning anything this year but keep developing the talent for future success.

Are there many parallels between how Liverpool and Red Sox are run do you think? I follow both teams and have definitely seen how the dumping of big earners like Crawford/Beckett/Gonzalez correspond to the wage reduction activities with Liverpool.

A person would need to be following both pretty intently to be able to give you a proper answer methinks. I know little to nothing about what is happening off the park with the Red Sox now, and I doubt if a quick look at whatever info in online right now would give a non follower much insight.

Would be more curious to hear your opinion on it given you support the Red Sox as well as supporting Liverpool and Ajax. Would imagine that you would be in a better position than most of us to voice any comparisons you have noticed.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've seen people on twitter say that the red sox are doing great after a couple of bad years (which I'm sure is true), but how it has any relevance to football is beyond me. It's amazing the things some people point to when they think it will back up their viewpoint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

daithijjj wrote: »
    We have more bodies.......in attack. 2 of which have 40 odd league games between them in a top division anywhere. From last season we still have 2 unfavoured CB's and another one retired. Keeper replaced. That's it. Toure for Carragher in cancelling out each other imo.

Experience?. You are assuming we will do better this year i think. Our best player didnt want out last season, he does now.

Wisdom did 'very well' because there are very low expectations, and rightly so. Doesnt mean we are better in the slightest. Thats the point with transfer windows right? to get better?. Our first team isnt better. People can argue over marginal stuff, i can guarantee people Suarez isnt looking at Mingolet's stats and other players we go for will look at what we are doing overall. Well, if they have ambition they will.

I really dont see how we cant mix it Spurs financially, they are being pro-active and like it or not, we have to match them, at minimum. Looking likely they will have Paulinho, Chandli and Soldado soon. No CL there, probably close to 50m spent and only one notable left at end of contract (that i know of).........so whats their secret?. Id venture to say its having people making decisions who know the game and want (/have the know how) to achieve things.

I was going to reply point for point, but it's pretty pointless as we've a month left in the transfer window, Suarez could still be here and a couple of signings, we'll have a better idea.
    I will say though that there is no reason why Wisdom can't be used as CB for cup games, he should be at a level of starter CB in 2/3 seasons. I'd assumed Toure was for Carra and Papa for Skrtel so nothing has changed, just some Twitter nonsense that looks discredited.

I'll quote this again though:
    Id venture to say its having people making decisions who know the game and want (/have the know how) to achieve things.

We've had 4 years of not doing the above, an example of how not to do things and I include Rafa's last year in that. When we did have the money we flushed it down the toilet compared to Spurs. We were reportedly in for Mk and Papa earlier in the window, I don't believe the money that was there to invest has suddenly disappeared, so I'm not going to panic yet.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

djPSB wrote: »
    I loaned my pencil to my mate in school once. He gave it back to me with the tip broken.

I have been against loans ever since.

Your own fault for not getting the 2million loan fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Again no decent sources but I wouldn't see an issue with Sterling going on loan. At the moment there is no way he is first choice.

If we go with the attacking three, that's Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez. Then we have the likes of Downing, Aspas, Borini.

Sterling obviously offers something different and I'm very happy to keep him but sending him on loan to a club in the premier league where he'll get more game time is not a bad thing. One of himself or Ibe should go on loan especially since we've less games this season.

Where was this outrage when Suso went on loan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Suso's gone on loan? *rabble* *rabble* *rabble*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

from this afternoon

Liverpool FC U21's ‏@LFC_reserves 10m
    Liverpool senior side currently 3-1 up in the Milk Cup against O'Higgins of Chile. Sergi Canos scoring, I think Chirivella got another.

Offy report
    Liverpool's U17s were in full control as they sailed to a commanding 3-1 victory over Chilean opposition O'Higgins FC in the second game of their Milk Cup campaign in Limavady.

Goals from Sergi Canos, Harry Wilson and Pedro Chirivella helped Mike Garrity's side to an impressive victory at Scroggy Road.

Was looking at the frankly sh1te Milk Cup highlights of yesterdays LFC game on BBC earlier, in the Liverpool U16 side and there was a kid called Anas Abdo who caught the eye. Only 14 or 15 but might be one to keep and eye out for (he supports Arsenal but we'll let that pass).

5starpool wrote: »
    I've seen people on twitter say that the red sox are doing great after a couple of bad years (which I'm sure is true), but how it has any relevance to football is beyond me. It's amazing the things some people point to when they think it will back up their viewpoint.

They're like chalk and cheese. Just ask Dani.

Pacheco-ball.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Purely meant on the viewpoint of how the money is being managed. I'm not sure there's any relevance to football either. Red Sox are overachieving this year and it looks even better because of what a disaster last year was.

The only thing I can say is that they did the salary dump and got some of the high-earners, under-performers off the books and now that the team is back in contention it looks like they are willing to splash out a bit more by targeting the players that could make the difference.

To me that seems similar. If Liverpool were on the cusp of 4th at the end of January then I think that's what we'd see.

By no means would turning around Red Sox mean anything in the context to Liverpool. But what might be relevant could be more general strategies around running each team in terms of wage structure and transfer targets. I have no idea.

It just occurred to me as I was searching for updates on the potential Lee trade and other deadline day deals that the owners would be less focused on Liverpool this week perhaps. And I think around August 31st they should be less focused on the Sox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Grayditch wrote: »
    They're like chalk and cheese. Just ask Dani.

Pacheco-ball.jpg

Hands down the best part of being liverpool, what a moment!

• Advertisement

Indeed, whether they are doing great or crap, I don't attach huge significance to it. Unless either way it was effecting Liverpool directly, I don't see the relevance.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No I'm not linking these, just posted for your amusement.

Report: Arsenal must bid £55m to land Luis Suarez Sports Mole 23:33
    Chelsea Planning Stunning Move to Sign Liverpool Striker Luis Suarez CaughtOffside 23:32
    Bale exit could see Spurs swoop for Suarez Metro.co.uk 22:51

Discussing Twitter nonsense is getting ridiculous in here, thread meltdown about Skrtel loaned and it turns out it is our target we want to loan. Waste of band width.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

No I'm not linking these, just posted for your amusement.

Report: Arsenal must bid £55m to land Luis Suarez Sports Mole 23:33
    Chelsea Planning Stunning Move to Sign Liverpool Striker Luis Suarez CaughtOffside 23:32
    Bale exit could see Spurs swoop for Suarez Metro.co.uk 22:51

Oh god no, next few pages will be about Liverpool being a joke selling our best player to Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs and that everyone involved with the club should be sacked etc etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

K-9 wrote: »
    Discussing Twitter nonsense is getting ridiculous in here, thread meltdown about Skrtel loaned and it turns out it is our target we want to loan. Waste of band width.

I think discussing it is fine but posters taking it as immediately as gospel and a done deal is naivety at its very worst in my opinion.

I was going to reply point for point, but it's pretty pointless as we've a month left in the transfer window, Suarez could still be here and a couple of signings, we'll have a better idea.
    I will say though that there is no reason why Wisdom can't be used as CB for cup games, he should be at a level of starter CB in 2/3 seasons. I'd assumed Toure was for Carra and Papa for Skrtel so nothing has changed, just some Twitter nonsense that looks discredited.

I'll quote this again though:

We've had 4 years of not doing the above, an example of how not to do things and I include Rafa's last year in that. When we did have the money we flushed it down the toilet compared to Spurs. We were reportedly in for Mk and Papa earlier in the window, I don't believe the money that was there to invest has suddenly disappeared, so I'm not going to panic yet.

I was no drummer for the Rafa corner but even that season he got sacked he had more points than Rodgers got last season. And that final season of Rafa's was two consecutive years where we made a profit on transfers overall. Thats not to say he didnt make mistakes, every manager does, but when you have no wiggle room like some others have had you can look exposed under the spotlight.

Spurs have flushed money too imo. Off the top of my head, Bentley, Palacios (sp), Corluka, Gomes, Hutton etc, maybe not as much as us but theres over 50m there that didnt set the world alight. Average at best.

LFC News...
    LiverpoolFC News ‏@LFCTransferNRS 10h
    This is the kit the players will wear in Steven Gerrard's testimonial against Olympiakos on 3rd August at Anfield. pic.twitter.com/JWJMkZfO0k

BQa_Tv0CAAA01GG.jpg:large
    LIVERPOOL REVEAL THREE NEW OVERSEAS CHARITY PARTNERS

Liverpool has used its tour of Australia and Asia to unveil three new charity partners, reports www.sportspromedia.com/.

Agreements have been reached with the Melbourne-based Reagan Milstean Foundation, an organisation devoted to helping disadvantaged youngsters play sport; the Premier Skills' Gocekz Project, an Indonesian programme of football-related activities designed to provide positive change for local children and adults; and the Bangkok School for the Blind.

The club paid visits to each project during a pre-season tour which has taken in Australia, Indonesia and Thailand.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/liverpool-reveal-three-new-overseas-charity-partners-3971843?utm_source=taxonomy_landing_page#.UfhEsdI3C1w
    'Our boys should mirror first team'

The Liverpool U15 squad who have travelled to this year's Milk Cup are under no pressure to win the tournament – but they are expected to show they can follow the style of football set by Brendan Rodgers and his senior side.

That's the message from coach Michael Beale, who will manage the young Reds as they go in search of silverware in Northern Ireland.

They got off to a flying start on Monday afternoon by beating County Tyrone 2-0 at Scroggy Lane, courtesy of goals from Anas Abdo and Herbie Kane.

Beale told Liverpoolfc.com: "The younger boys who are competing in the junior section have only been back in for 10 or 12 training sessions, so these matches in Northern Ireland are our first pre-season games.

"So it's really important that we play in the right style and that we're seen to be playing the right way.

"If you look at the way the first team are playing with Brendan - playing the ball out from the back, it's really important that we see that in the younger age groups and that the boys are being educated in the same way.

"So they're under no pressure to win the tournament here, but they're under a little pressure to play with the right style and show the Liverpool way."

The Milk Cup is a trophy which is close to Beale's heart - and he's keen for his players to have the same experience he enjoyed when he competed in the tournament back in 1995.

"I've got a long understanding of the Milk Cup. I came here as a player with Charlton Athletic and it was a fantastic experience," he explained. "We stayed in the university locally and I remember driving to Stranraer on a minibus from London and getting the ferry across to Northern Ireland.

"The parade on Sunday brought back a lot of memories for me. It's a fantastic tournament. I came here in 2009 with Chelsea as well as a coach. This is actually my fourth visit.

"I think you see how big Liverpool are in Ireland. It's fantastic - you saw people coming out with their kids and there was one house where five Liverpool shirts were hanging from the windows and then there was a man outside with a Liverpool shirt on and his mate with another Reds shirt on. Just fantastic.

"I think the trip will be good for the boys to really understand what it means to play for Liverpool. This will be their first trip where they really see the fan base being so big.

"They'll also learn how to be away with their friends and how to treat each other. We'll see how they react to different styles they are going to play against and playing in front of crowds - some of the boys are 14.

"It's definitely one of those weeks where the boys are out of their comfort zone and they are very much in the learning zone. It's great for the staff to spend time with them, each individual boy and to find out little bits about them.

"Sometimes, at the academy it can be a rush. They come in after school and they are straight out to train. So this week is invaluable going into the season ahead."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/141093-our-boys-should-mirror-first-team
    Reds too hot for Chilean outfit

Liverpool's U17s were in full control as they sailed to a commanding 3-1 victory over Chilean opposition O'Higgins FC in the second game of their Milk Cup campaign in Limavady.

Goals from Sergi Canos, Harry Wilson and Pedro Chirivella helped Mike Garrity's side to an impressive victory at Scroggy Road.

However, there was an early scare for the youngsters when, in almost identical fashion to Monday evening's clash against County Armagh, the opposition took the lead on 10 minutes through a world-class strike.

From the moment the ball left the boot of Fabian Hormazabal, 35 yards from goal out on the right flank, it was destined for the roof of the net, and Andrew Firth was left rooted as it flew into the top right corner.

Undeterred, the Reds went about reasserting themselves in the tie. They zipped the ball across the turf with real purpose and after five minutes they levelled proceedings.

Canos chased down a Wilson pass and stole the ball back inside the penalty area, before dragging it away from one man, nutmegging another out on the touchline and tucking his shot between the 'keeper and his near post from an almost impossible angle.

The Spaniard oozed class - and it was his deft back-heel in the middle of the park which opened up the space for Adam Phillips to release Wilson, who raced clear of the Chilean defence and tucked the ball beyond Victor Galvez for 2-1.

On the stroke of half-time Chirivella added a third when he scooped the ball on the edge of the box, composed himself and fired home through a wall of sky blue shirts.

The second half was a much tighter affair, as the Reds battled for possession with their resurgent opponents. Watched from the sidelines by academy technical director, Rodolfo Borrell, the youngsters held out to clinch a deserved 3-1 win.

http://www.liverpoolfcnews.net/reds-too-hot-for-chilean-outfit/link/124512/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

LFC News...

Can't get used to gerrard and his beard. It's like when Tom selleck shaved his tash off....looks wrong.

gafferino wrote: »
    Can't get used to gerrard and his beard. It's like when Tom selleck shaved his tash off....looks wrong.

I guess it's the "In Thing" for DLPs. Xabi, Pirlo, Gerrard... ;)

daithijjj wrote: »
    I was no drummer for the Rafa corner but even that season he got sacked he had more points than Rodgers got last season. And that final season of Rafa's was two consecutive years where we made a profit on transfers overall. Thats not to say he didnt make mistakes, every manager does, but when you have no wiggle room like some others have had you can look exposed under the spotlight.

Well when you compare the teams obviously Rafa got more points! I understand the money argument but the quality wasn't great in the last year or so.
    Spurs have flushed money too imo. Off the top of my head, Bentley, Palacios (sp), Corluka, Gomes, Hutton etc, maybe not as much as us but theres over 50m there that didnt set the world alight. Average at best.

They tend to re-invest better than us, though that wouldn't be hard. Anything around a 60% success rate is above average, over the last 4 years we've only had 1 brilliant success in Suarez, a couple that did relatively well Johnson and Enrique, the rest average to disastrous for the money paid. It's too early to tell about Countinho and Sturridge. I'd say we are well below 40%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭event

SlickRic wrote: »
    this thread has lost its marbles.

people need to get off Twitter for a while. seriously.

this could be stated for football fans in general.
    People have serioulsy lost the run of themselves and seeing something on twitter is now to be taken as proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I guess it's the "In Thing" for DLPs. Xavi, Pirlo, Gerrard... ;)

Did you mean xabi?

I'm fine with it. If I squint, it looks like we have Xabi back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

What are you talking about, beards is cool :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Why cant we all just get along :D

Twitter is the real enemy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

rob316 wrote: »

Speaking of which.....Stephen gerrard official account just posted that sterling is going to west ham on loan. Stupid idea if true.

https://twitter.com/sg8official/status/362318010247168000

Damien360 wrote: »
    Speaking of which.....Stephen gerrard official account just posted that sterling is going to west ham on loan. Stupid idea if true.

https://twitter.com/sg8official/status/362318010247168000

Thats a fan page, Ben Smith already rubbished it the loan thing.

Apparently its Scott Sinclair they are getting

Sterling's not being loaned out.

Well when you compare the teams obviously Rafa got more points! I understand the money argument but the quality wasn't great in the last year or so.

They tend to re-invest better than us, though that wouldn't be hard. Anything around a 60% success rate is above average, over the last 4 years we've only had 1 brilliant success in Suarez, a couple that did relatively well Johnson and Enrique, the rest average to disastrous for the money paid. It's too early to tell about Countinho and Sturridge. I'd say we are well below 40%.

The workload on the squad wasnt that heavy either though last season, early exits from all the cups.

They have signed well enough, at the same time, its not uncommon to see people post in here that we dodged bullets in Dempsey and Siggurdson. Not trying to discuss players or make comparisons but its small things like Dempseys 2 goals against United that can make a difference over a season, didnt last season but thems the breaks. Adebayor is on at least 100k a week etc and he can be awful for long spells. Its not all milk and honey at Spurs. Id be very interested to see them without Bale. People talk like they would get a fair few good players for it but they would have to get them with everyone knowing they have a large wedge. They have also signed more ready made older players than us in the last two years.

I'd add Meireles, Bellamy, and Maxi did ok too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I think this thread would benefit greatly from a ban on any transfer rumours from Twitter. Recently, there has been hundreds of pages of nonsense wasted on discussing what proved to be BS. It's almost becoming a new form of trolling putting up a quote from twitter. Please people, we can all do this, make the twitter quoting stop

Thats a fan page, Ben Smith already rubbished it the loan thing.

Indeed, the only thing official about that page is the fact decided to put the word "official" in the name.
    I think this thread would benefit greatly from a ban on any transfer rumours from Twitter. Recently, there has been hundreds of pages of nonsense wasted on discussing what proved to be BS. It's almost becoming a new form of trolling putting up a quote from twitter. Please people, we can all do this, make the twitter quoting stop

Rather than a blanket ban on twitter, what we need is a little common sense in relation to it I think. When people on twitter like journalists etc say something of interest, it can be discussed, but when literally any person who posts any wild rumour gets treated seriously, it turns into a joke. Just because they have a twitter account doesn't give their opinion any more creedence than some random man you bump into on the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

For at least a few hours can we all cease the hysteria

-wont consider loan
    -secure replacement first
    -10m fee

Again, people's hysteria (certainly mine anyway), was not brought about by the fact that I thought the move would happen, it was because when the notion of it happening was discussed many people seemed to say that'd be fine & they could totally get why we'd do that.

It's another example of some people seemingly being willing to let current club management/ownership do whatever the hell they want & not dare criticise them.

Anyway, just over two weeks now until the start of the season & no signings in sight. Let alone two quality players to go into our starting 11....anyone getting nervous yet? Oh and we haven't even been tenuously linked with a GK since Reina left :(

Yeah, loads of people have said they're anywhere between concerned and worried.

If you're going to get distressed at the lack of people sharing the same opinion on this thread, on top of being distressed at the running of the club... you're gonna have a bad time.

I'm just looking for regular feedback & soundbites so there's plenty of quotes to dig up when the window closes & people all of a sudden do an about turn & claim we've had a good window. It'll happen. Trust me.

That just sounds like a laborious game with no winners. You're own opinion is the important one.

• Advertisement

Winners? This isn't a game? It's a discussion forum? :confused:

As a discussion forum, it's worth pointing out when people's opinions are worth very little because they will shift them as nescessary in order to give a pass to Rodgers/FSG.

So its put up £55 million or shut up for arsenal if they want suarez. Although I would still hope is absolutely not for sale to a epl club.
    I would be shocked if they paid that and I see bale heading off to madrid so his options are narrowing fast.

The club need to put a deadline on this anyway that we will entertain any bids.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Winners? This isn't a game? It's a discussion forum? :confused:

As a discussion forum, it's worth pointing out when people's opinions are worth very little because they will shift them as nescessary in order to give a pass to Rodgers/FSG.

Game was a simile Alan, and it just sounds like you're collecting 'sound bites' to garner wins over people. If it's to benefit the thread, or to show up those who change their opinion to suit the situation, wow, good luck. You're p1ssing in the wind. This is still the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I really hope Bale stays at Spurs and has a shit season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

SlickRic wrote: »
    this thread has lost its marbles.

people need to get off Twitter for a while. seriously.

You have a link to your twitter in your signature.

Once again: the Skrtel loan story originated in The Mirror, Ed Malyon being the journalist in question. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-martin-skrtel-2104741

event wrote: »
    this could be stated for football fans in general.
    People have serioulsy lost the run of themselves and seeing something on twitter is now to be taken as proof.

Twitter isn't a source for anything. You might as well credit 'users of the internet' as your source if you're saying there's a rumour on twitter. But the majority of posts on here about stories that refer to twitter cite actual sources on twitter. The posts that don't quote an individual source are greatly outnumbered by posts that talk about twitter being unreliable, as if nobody else has realised that the majority of it's users aren't clued in and probably can't provide any inside information, and using this as an excuse to dismiss any and all information that it provides and call for its discussion to be stopped as a result. Posts like the ones above.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement