Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Grayditch wrote: »
    Game was a simile Alan, and it just sounds like you're collecting 'sound bites' to garner wins over people. If it's to benefit the thread, or to show up those who change their opinion to suit the situation, wow, good luck. You're p1ssing in the wind. This is still the internet.

I think it would benefit the thread greatly if it was shown that certain people were just prepared to allow Rodgers/FSG get away with anything without criticism. It's already obvious that is the case, and I think people are starting to realise that, but it doesn't hurt to point it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

I think this thread would benefit greatly from a ban on any transfer rumours from Twitter. Recently, there has been hundreds of pages of nonsense wasted on discussing what proved to be BS. It's almost becoming a new form of trolling putting up a quote from twitter. Please people, we can all do this, make the twitter quoting stop

Oh FFS! Were you complaining about internet rumours 12 years ago. And now its the twitter machine's faults.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I mean there is definitely a certain type of attitude present these days:

- sell Agger to City? No problem, every player has their price;
    - don't buy Dempsey and leave the squad short? Well, of course! Yesil and Morgan will get a chance sure isn't that great?
    - Toure to come in as a starter? Brilliant! Don't need anyone else really.
    - Not getting involved in the Soldado sweepstakes or interested in anyone of quality? Yes! Moneyball, moneyball, moneeeeyyyyballllllll!!!
    - Loan Skrtel out? Ah yeah, sure Wisdom and Coates great cover altogether;
    - Loan Sterling out? Ah year, sure Downing and Borini great cover altogether;
    - Oh we are making a move for Papa after all? Well yes, would be badly needed and a real sign of intent!

Last summer we were told all summer to be patient that there was X left in the window and when it was over we were told that the squad was fine and had been improved eventhough we'd left ourselves short upfront. There are some here who will deflect / defend no matter what state we're in Sep 1st.

Some mind, far from all. I think the majority opinion right now is that we need a couple of additions to the XI even if Suarez stays and they are hopeful it will come to pass.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    You have a link to your twitter in your signature.

icon14.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I sometimes search the Twitter sources posted on here, to get to the bottom of it as best I can, maybe see if this person works at Melwood, or is 'journalist' or whatever, and sometimes it's just a picture of a lad sitting in a chair in his house. He'll have maybe 1500 followers and I think... There's 30 seconds of my life I'm not getting back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sappy404 wrote: »
    You have a link to your twitter in your signature.

did i say Twitter was bad?

people treating certain Twitter rumours as if they are fact and getting their knickers in a twist is what's bad.

It is bad. It's where Yolo was born. Before Twitter the hash symbol was only ever used for topping up your phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Not Liverpool FC Team Talk/Cold Hard Facts Thread 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I'm just looking for regular feedback & soundbites so there's plenty of quotes to dig up when the window closes & people all of a sudden do an about turn & claim we've had a good window. It'll happen. Trust me.

duty_calls.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Not Liverpool FC Team Talk/Cold Hard Facts Thread 2013.

That's my point, people come in here and treat gossip as facts.

The club has been criticised in the last 24 hours for loaning Skrtel out or selling him for £5m. None of it based on fact.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    The club has been criticised in the last 24 hours for loaning Skrtel out or selling him for £5m. None of it based on fact.

It just that it does sound like something we might do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

There is an obvious divide on this thread now for a while:
    1. those that continue to scrutinise the owners/management with an alleged 'agenda'
    2. those that continue to support the owners alleged 'no matter what'
    I think we should use Sept 1st as a kind of line in the sand.

Its pretty clear what side of the split I fall on.
    Its frustrating (imo) to see those who have unequivocally supported the current management change their argument, and point at a particular point time throughout the season.
    On the other hand those who scrutinise the owners have been pretty consistent with their points and issues throughout the season(this may sound biased but that's just my opinion)

I am not saying that discussion or debates on the owners should cease after Sept1st, but what I am saying is that it would be a good time to do a sort of appraisal and review on the current ownership as we have a good sample size now.

Why Sept 1st?...
    This window is shaping up to be one that will see many changes in the playing squad and a lot hinges on the next few weeks if we are to contend next season

There is (and rightly so) calls not to panic and wait til the window is shut before making a final decision on our transfers etc.
    So come Sept 1st we will know a lot about how will be shaping up over the medium term.

What you think .. good or bad idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I mean there is definitely a certain type of attitude present these days:

- sell Agger to City? No problem, every player has their price;
    - don't buy Dempsey and leave the squad short? Well, of course! Yesil and Morgan will get a chance sure isn't that great?
    - Toure to come in as a starter? Brilliant! Don't need anyone else really.
    - Not getting involved in the Soldado sweepstakes or interested in anyone of quality? Yes! Moneyball, moneyball, moneeeeyyyyballllllll!!!
    - Loan Skrtel out? Ah yeah, sure Wisdom and Coates great cover altogether;
    - Loan Sterling out? Ah year, sure Downing and Borini great cover altogether;
    - Oh we are making a move for Papa after all? Well yes, would be badly needed and a real sign of intent!

Last summer we were told all summer to be patient that there was X left in the window and when it was over we were told that the squad was fine and had been improved eventhough we'd left ourselves short upfront. There are some here who will deflect / defend no matter what state we're in Sep 1st.

Some mind, far from all. I think the majority opinion right now is that we need a couple of additions to the XI even if Suarez stays and they are hopeful it will come to pass.

Im not one to go looking back and pulling out posts but I genuinely think that is the point of view of a few and not the majority.
    For whats it worth:
    - sell Agger to City? No problem, every player has their price; Would have been absolutely gutted to sell Agger to City and glad it didnt happen but in short yes every player has his price (RVP, Suarez, Ronaldo and on and on). 30m would have been a very very good price for Agger.

- don't buy Dempsey and leave the squad short? Well, of course! Yesil and Morgan will get a chance sure isn't that great? This was a real cluster f&ck. Although he can be decent Im not too bothered we didnt get Dempsey as a player but in no way should there not have been someone else lined up and FSG really made the management look like tools by not paying whatever small amount was needed.
    - Toure to come in as a starter? Brilliant! Don't need anyone else really. I was happy to see Toure sign, i think he'll be good for us. We do need someone else.
    - Not getting involved in the Soldado sweepstakes or interested in anyone of quality? Yes! Moneyball, moneyball, moneeeeyyyyballllllll!!! We were in for Mickeyryan for a large sum. I dont believe we have ever been involved for Soldado unfortunately.
    - Loan Skrtel out? Ah yeah, sure Wisdom and Coates great cover altogether; If Skrtel goes out.....1st choice centre back in.
    - Loan Sterling out? Ah year, sure Downing and Borini great cover altogether; Keep Sterling but make sure he gets some adequate game time to bring on his game.
    - Oh we are making a move for Papa after all? Well yes, would be badly needed and a real sign of intent! emmm havent heard anyone say this but yes I would like to see us sign Papa.

Isnt that what eveyone hopes? Keep Suarez with 2 first team additions would be excellent in my opinion. I dont think it will happen. I still think we will lose Suarez and I dont think we can replace him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Linda Pizzuti ‏@Linda_Pizzuti
    Former @LFC player Craig Johnston was at Fenway tonight, spoke of incredible crowd for the friendly in Melbourne
    BQeRXJYCYAAdJlB.jpg:large
    Reds eye up loan move for Benfica left-back Lorenzo Melgarejo

Rodgers after full-back cover and 22-year-old Paraguayan could fit the bill

zzlorenzomelgarejo300713-5382201.jpg

Liverpool FC are interested in taking Benfica's Lorenzo Melgarejo on a season-long deal as they look to add cover in the left-back position.

The Reds have contacted the Portuguese side to express their interest in signing the Paraguayan, and are hopeful they will be allowed to take the 22-year-old on an initial loan deal, with the option to make the move permanent should it be a success.

The ECHO revealed last week that Valencia's Aly Cissokho was a potential target, with Liverpool eager to add senior cover for Jose Enrique. Teenager Jack Robinson remains at the club, but is likely to be loaned out in order to gain first-team experience.

And Reds boss Brendan Rodgers and his recruitment team believe Melgarejo, who played for Benfica in the Europa League final against Chelsea last season, represents a more viable option than Cissokho in terms of both salary and playing time. They feel Melgarejo also has the added bonus of being able to play as an advanced left-sided midfielder.

Benfica have signed two left backs, Silvio and Bruno Cortez, on loan this summer, and it is expected that they would be willing to allow Melgarejo to leave, even though he is contracted to the Lisbon-based club until 2018.

Liverpool would, however, need to obtain a work permit for the player, and are not anticipating a speedy conclusion to any deal.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-eye-up-loan-5382200

I know that Lorenzo is supposed to be our Cover LB, but I think that is just a Bonus. I think he is brought here to Play much further upfront.

The fact that he shoots on his Left Foot, means that he is potentially RW in BR's System.

Lorenzo as LB

Lorenzo as Winger

He looks so Average in Defense, while looking very promising on the Wings.

Leiva wrote: »
    1. those that continue to scrutinise the owners/management with an alleged 'agenda'

3. those that scrutinise the owners/management when appropriate, but also see what we're trying to do, and support them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

SlickRic wrote: »
    3. those that scrutinise the owners/management when appropriate, but also see what we're trying to do, and support them.

Sept 1st then a good time to see if they are ???

Sept 1st then a good time to see if they are ???

i'll certainly be making some conclusions about the management/owners if certain things haven't happened come the passing of the transfer deadline.

gafferino wrote: »
    Isnt that what eveyone hopes? Keep Suarez with 2 first team additions would be excellent in my opinion. I dont think it will happen. I still think we will lose Suarez and I dont think we can replace him.

I'd imagine so, but the point is that some people are of a bent to defend no matter what (just as some people are ready to criticise no matter what).

If we kept what we have and added, say, Eriksen and Papa before the window close I could live with it. Not everything we needed of course, but I'd be happy to conclude we've improved over the course of the window.

However, there will be some that say we've had a good window; the owners are being prudent; the right moves have been made if:

- we do a loan deal on a left back cover player;
    - let Skrtel go;
    - bring in, say, some along the lines of Alderweild;

or

- lose Suarez;
    - loan out Skrtel;
    - bring in Papa and Eriksen only;

You know? And I do think that the first scenario above is most likely to happen at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I'd imagine so, but the point is that some people are of a bent to defend no matter what (just as some people are ready to criticise no matter what).

If we kept what we have and added, say, Eriksen and Papa before the window close I could live with it. Not everything we needed of course, but I'd be happy to conclude we've improved over the course of the window.

However, there will be some that say we've had a good window; the owners are being prudent; the right moves have been made if:

- let Skrtel go;

or

- lose Suarez;
    - loan out Skrtel;

You know? And I do think that the first scenario above is most likely to happen at this point.

Do you not think we are clearly out for an attacking player (like Mkhitaryan, who we did bid for)?

I'd be surprised and p*ssed if we didn't sign a centre-back plus an attacking player before the end of the window.

• Advertisement

if we keep Suarez, and then sign the likes of Papa and Eriksen, I could live with that for this window.

i'd be satisfied that we've at least tried to balance prudence with the need to compete.

that is my limit though.

- let Skrtel go;

or

- lose Suarez;
    - loan out Skrtel;

I really hope not but its looking that way at the moment.
    Losing Suarez imo is 90% certain to happen if Madrid want it to happen. If they get Bale for silly money they might not bother. I fear them coming in for him with a week to go which is very likely to happen.

I wonder what the actual story is with Eriksen...Ive seen reports saying he was heavily scouted and read elsewhere that we barely looked at him. He seems like someone who is ripe for the plucking at a decent price. Milan deal seems to have fallen through...in fact nearly everything I hear about him is coming from his camp and not from a buying team.

I'd imagine so, but the point is that some people are of a bent to defend no matter what (just as some people are ready to criticise no matter what). Its funny this is what everyone focuses on (look at Leivas line in the sand post above) when in fact most people are actually more in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

5starpool wrote: »
    On Saturday at Stevie's testimonial, if Suarez plays instead of "Just can't get enough" we should sing "Don't you want me Luis(baby)". I only changed the first paragraph (and put Luis in the chorus, and 5 to 3) as I thought the rest were quite apt.

He was playing for Ajax in Amsterdam,
    When we signed you. You'd bit someone,
    said sorry but still wanted to leave, to go and play at Anfield.

Now three years later on you've got the world at your feet
    Success has been so easy for you.
    But don't forget it's me who put you where you are now
    And I can put you back down too.

Don't
    Don't you want me? - You know I can't believe it
    When I hear that you won't see me.
    Don't
    Don't you want me? - You know I don't believe you
    When you say that you don't need me.
    It's much too late to find
    When you think you've changed your mind

You'd better change it back or we will both be sorry.

Don't you want me Luis?
    Don't you want me - oh?. . .
    Don't you want me Luis?
    Don't you want me - oh?. . .

Jesus Dom:o

Do you not think we are clearly out for an attacking player (like Mkhitaryan, who we did bid for)?

I'd be surprised and p*ssed if we didn't sign a centre-back plus an attacking player before the end of the window.

I think we will get a CB too. Id love to see a starting attacking player come in but doesnt seem likely at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Well I for one is wholeheartly behind Rodgers and the current set up.
    For the second half of last season we played some great football.
    We have made some great signing for good value and they all have to potential to increase their value because of their age.
    We have cut out on a lot of the waste in the squad wages wise and are getting rid of people getting by on past performances.
    Last season we I proved points wise on the year before, sure we didn't per from as well in the cups but that's no big deal. The league will get us back to the champions league not the league cup.
    We salvaged something out of the horrendous Andy Carroll deal which was possible our worse signing ever.
    The manager got something out of Downing, Hernderson and Enrique, which must be praised.
    If we stand still in the market this summer, ill be still happy. Aspas and Alberto have the potential to be good players and on low wages as well!
    Toure was a clever signing and stopped us from having to sign an overpriced centre back and now we can get rid of Skrtel.
    Allen and Borini should be fully recovered.allen can reproduce his form for Swansea and first half of last year. Borini giving a run of games can show his worth, sure his movement is excellent.
    And worse comes to worse and we lose Suarez, it won't be so bad. Look at all the time he has missed with his antics.
    I also have faith in Rodgers and the owners to spend the money wisely and not to get stung like the Torres situation.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Well I for one is wholeheartly behind Rodgers and the current set up.
    For the second half of last season we played some great football.
    We have made some great signing for good value and they all have to potential to increase their value because of their age.
    We have cut out on a lot of the waste in the squad wages wise and are getting rid of people getting by on past performances.
    Last season we I proved points wise on the year before, sure we didn't per from as well in the cups but that's no big deal. The league will get us back to the champions league not the league cup.
    We salvaged something out of the horrendous Andy Carroll deal which was possible our worse signing ever.
    The manager got something out of Downing, Hernderson and Enrique, which must be praised.
    If we stand still in the market this summer, ill be still happy. Aspas and Alberto have the potential to be good players and on low wages as well!
    Toure was a clever signing and stopped us from having to sign an overpriced centre back and now we can get rid of Skrtel.
    Allen and Borini should be fully recovered.allen can reproduce his form for Swansea and first half of last year. Borini giving a run of games can show his worth, sure his movement is excellent.
    And worse comes to worse and we lose Suarez, it won't be so bad. Look at all the time he has missed with his antics.
    I also have faith in Rodgers and the owners to spend the money wisely and not to get stung like the Torres situation.

You sir have a lot of faith.

Toure was a replacement for Carra not Skrtel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

Sometimes around here is a bit like :
    Kang: Abortions for all.
    [crowd boos]
    Kang: Very well, no abortions for anyone.
    [crowd boos]
    Kang: Hmm... Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others.
    [crowd cheers and waves miniature flags]

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Grayditch wrote: »
    It is bad. It's where Yolo was born. Before Twitter the hash symbol was only ever used for topping up your phone.
    You are obviously not a computer programmer ;)

Its frustrating (imo) to see those who have unequivocally supported the current management change their argument, and point at a particular point time throughout the season.
    On the other hand those who scrutinise the owners have been pretty consistent with their points and issues throughout the season(this may sound biased but that's just my opinion)

I am not saying that discussion or debates on the owners should cease after Sept1st, but what I am saying is that it would be a good time to do a sort of appraisal and review on the current ownership as we have a good sample size now.

Why Sept 1st?...
    This window is shaping up to be one that will see many changes in the playing squad and a lot hinges on the next few weeks if we are to contend next season

There is (and rightly so) calls not to panic and wait til the window is shut before making a final decision on our transfers etc.
    So come Sept 1st we will know a lot about how will be shaping up over the medium term.

It's not quite that black and white. I am certainly not in camp 2, but I'm not in camp 1 either. I really think most people are somewhere in between, and are more like where Slick says above. If I had to describe my current attitudes in a bodily pose it would be 'arms crossed, toe tapping, waiting'. I'm not convinced that we are 100% going in the right direction, and while I can see the rationale for a lot of what's happening I'm not sure it's all in the best short/medium term interests of the club. I'm not going to pass judgement on the transfer window at this point as there is still over 4 weeks left, but all the 'glad we did our business early in the window' comments have certainly stopped.

I really think the rest of our window hangs around the Suarez transfer. We have money there for one more signing up to 20m if necessary anyhow I believe, but getting someone in around that price point who is worthy of that price is the problem. Regardless I'll be shouting my head off every weekend in support of the team, whether at Anfield or at home on my couch.

As a club we need to give the manager this season at least, but a poor start to what it a fairly kind set of early fixtures could build pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

You sir have a lot of faith.

Toure was a replacement for Carra not Skrtel.

Can replace both really for a lot less wages. Then Wisdom and Kelly can get a chance to play centre back.

No, that has maths in it, so I became a graphics designer :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

I have faith in the current set-up and the running of the club, however, I would still like to see some more intent from the club in trying to buy some bigger players to propel the club to top 4. Hopefully with the extra 2/3 signings we are meant to be getting in this window, and hopefully keeping Suarez, we can have a much better season

• Advertisement

DeadParrot wrote: »
    Jesus Dom:o

Shut up you, or there'll be repercussions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Blatter wrote: »
    Independent are saying that Suarez and his agent are still adamant that they're in the right with regards the clause, and want the PL to mediate the deal between Arsenal and Liverpool.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/luis-suarez-pins-hopes-on-premier-league-settling-liverpoolarsenal-standoff-8732679.html
    The League may offer to mediate in the row between Liverpool and Arsenal, and the player’s camp are understood to welcome independent arbitration stressing that both verbal and written assurances were given in the renegotiation of the Uruguayan striker’s contract last summer.

Guardiola maintains that it is Liverpool who have changed their position on allowing Suarez to leave for a bid of over £40m. Arsenal are confident that the Merseyside club will ultimately allow them to speak to Suarez and believe they are currently stalling in the hope that other clubs enter the race.
    Morzadec wrote: »
    Imagine the meltdown on here if he ended up going to Arsenal for £40,000,001 on the back of a dodgy debatable contract clause.

The internet would explode
    djPSB wrote: »
    If I was Brendan Rodgers, and that did happen, I would resign due to the incompetence of those at the club who offered Luis the contract.

Okay.
    daithijjj wrote: »
    If this whole thing ends up in a dispute, with us losing out, it will just confirm some things for me. I honestly wouldnt be surprised to Tom Werner does another apology this time round.

As for Kenny going out on a limb, he did nothing any other manager wouldnt do for a star player. The t-shirt thing was done by the players. What Kenny never was is a 'politician', he is just a man with fairly simplistic ideals in the fact he wanted to just get a group of players feeling good about playing for LFC and allow them some leeway to do what they wanted regarding the t-shirts, what should have happened was Ian Ayre stepping in or whoever's remit PR was. Kenny was left hung out all that time. People forget that in a carefully worded letter, the Chelsea top brass let it be known that the players also wanted to wear t-shirts to support Terry, but it wasnt Ancelottis decision to stop it, that was made by people above him and thats what our spineless 'structure' let happen.

Absolute no doubt in my mind that aside from making money and tightening up team affairs these people above Rodgers havent got much of a 'scooby doo' about how sh1t works in the game. Learning on the job isnt good enough for this football club.

From Guardian last night (surprised its not been posted already) (whole article below)
    Luis Suárez has not requested Premier League intervention in his contract dispute with Liverpool, one week on from Arsenal's club record bid of £40,000,001 for the Uruguay international.

Arsenal had hoped the 26-year-old would agitate for a move from Anfield once they triggered what Suárez and his representatives believed to be a release clause in his contract. But, aside from telling Liverpool that he wants Champions League football next season, the striker has not sought outside assistance from the Premier League over the transfer.

Liverpool maintain the clause entitles Suárez to be informed only of any offer over £40m and for the club to enter discussions with the bidding party should it wish to do so. Suárez could refer the matter to a Premier League regulatory commission, or his lawyers, but the organisation has not been approached by the striker or his representatives.

A Liverpool source said: "We've all examined the clause in detail. All it obliges is good faith negotiations about Luis's future. There is absolutely no obligation to sell and that is very clear."

Presumably some explaining was done by lawyers to Guardiola.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Why Sept 1st?...

There's also a third category, those who fall somewhere in the middle. Those who are happy with signings like Mignolet, but believe that more 1st team signings are required before the window closes.
    I put myself in the above category.

While it can be a pain (not only on the internet but also in real life) when people are constantly chopping and changing their opinions, people who will remain steadfast in their opinion no matter how events transpire and change may not always be the greatest role models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Shut up you, or there'll be repercussions.

It was abysmal. You should go to the corner.

Can replace both really for a lot less wages. Then Wisdom and Kelly can get a chance to play centre back.

tumblr_lf6r0v46oM1qbvihuo1_500.gif

mike65 wrote: »
    From Guardian last night (surprised its not been posted already) (whole article below)

Presumably some explaining was done by lawyers to Guardiola.

It was posted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

No point putting artificial lines in the sand for people's opinions, people will believe what they want to believe.

Transfers windows can't truly be judged until the end of the season proper, we could get 3 marquee signings and they could all fail to adapt or we could be stuck with what we have and they could all end up like Coutinho, in which case which window would be considered the greater success.

Some great pics from the tour on the website. I dont know why im surprised at our level of support wordwide....as an Irish Liverpool supporter you kind of think its normal but we're just like them!

jr200713liverpool-96-5384544.jpg

jr180713liverpool-59-5139645.jpg

jr230713liverpool-46-5269024.jpg

jr240713Liverpool-9-5314098.jpg

jr280713liverpool-42-5376300.jpg

Tribute-to-Anne-Williams-5164820.jpg

i'm sorry, but no.

we cannot go into a new season with just Agger and Toure as our experienced CBs.

Kelly is completely untried there really, and Wisdom only a smidgen more so.

a CB is absolutely paramount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Someone has a nice big monitor :pac:

btw Craig Johnson hasn't half aged.

• Advertisement

It was abysmal. You should go to the corner.

Did you not hear me say there would be repercussions? Don't make me come over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Some Twitter News...
    Total LFC (@TheTotalLFC) tweeted at 8:45 AM on Wed, Jul 31, 2013:
    Luis Suárez understands that unless someone make a bid excess £50m+, he will be staying put at Liverpool. [Echo]

Total LFC (@TheTotalLFC) tweeted at 8:54 AM on Wed, Jul 31, 2013:
    Liverpool have agreed a deal in principle to sign Benfica's LB Lorenzo Melgarejo on loan,subject to a work permit.Option to buy @ £7m.[Echo]

Total LFC (@TheTotalLFC) tweeted at 9:08 AM on Wed, Jul 31, 2013:
    Liverpool & Schalke are remain
    some way apart in their respective valuations of Papadopoulos,despite reports to the contrary. [echo] #LFC

Total LFC (@TheTotalLFC) tweeted at 9:14 AM on Wed, Jul 31, 2013:
    Spearing is expected to make a
    decision this week over his proposed £1.75m move to Blackburn.club has already deal in place with BRFC.[Echo]

mike65 wrote: »
    Someone has a nice big monitor :pac:

btw Craig Johnson hasn't half aged.

2 nice big monitors!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

People's opinions are not the problem...it's the point scoring that's ruining the thread.

For all the sh*t Mr Alan gets there are 3/4 posters from the opposite stance who will use his posts to score points and are so convinced they are right that they don't see their posts cause as much sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

It's not quite that black and white. I am certainly not in camp 2, but I'm not in camp 1 either. I really think most people are somewhere in between, and are more like where Slick says above. If I had to describe my current attitudes in a bodily pose it would be 'arms crossed, toe tapping, waiting'. I'm not convinced that we are 100% going in the right direction, and while I can see the rationale for a lot of what's happening I'm not sure it's all in the best short/medium term interests of the club. I'm not going to pass judgement on the transfer window at this point as there is still over 4 weeks left, but all the 'glad we did our business early in the window' comments have certainly stopped.

I really think the rest of our window hangs around the Suarez transfer. We have money there for one more signing up to 20m if necessary anyhow I believe, but getting someone in around that price point who is worthy of that price is the problem. Regardless I'll be shouting my head off every weekend in support of the team, whether at Anfield or at home on my couch.

As a club we need to give the manager this season at least, but a poor start to what it a fairly kind set of early fixtures could build pressure.

I think we will start reasonably well.

For once, I am actually confident that we will win our opening league game.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-manager-brendan-rodgers-5387079

Manager's praise for players including Luis Suarez for focusing on LFC season preparations

Brendan Rodgers has saluted his Liverpool FC players for refusing to allow the uncertainty over Luis Suarez’s future to hamper their pre-season preparations.

The Uruguay striker has dominated the agenda throughout the summer with the Reds having rejected two bids from Arsenal following his admission he wants to quit Anfield.

However, despite the ongoing speculation, Liverpool have won all four friendlies so far without conceding a goal.

Rodgers believes that speaks volumes not only about the unity in his squad but also the attitude Suarez has shown since he returned to club duty 10 days ago.

“It could have unsettled them but it hasn’t,” Rodgers told the ECHO.

“It’s two fold really. Firstly, it says a lot about their professionalism. The environment that we’re creating is that the star will always be the team.

“We want to have top players here. But if for whatever reason we don’t, we will always know we can rely on the team and each other.

“Secondly, it’s also testament to Luis. He hasn’t been moping about.

“It’s obviously difficult when you come back after a break, but he has settled in and has been working well.

“The harmony in the group is very good.

“The spirit is strong. Right across the club there is a one club mentality.

“If we can keep it that way we can have a great season.”

Having admitted that ‘every player has his price’, Rodgers can offer no guarantees that Suarez will still be at Anfield when the transfer window shuts. A shortlist of potential replacements has been drawn up.

But in the absence of any bid in excess of £50million, Suarez will be staying put and the manager insists the 30-goal top scorer accepts that.

“It’s a story that can keep running but for me there is no new news,” he added. “Luis is happy. He totally understands the club’s point of view.

“He’s in a difficult position in terms of not being able to play because of his suspension. He will sit out the first six games and he will miss playing football.

“But he’s working hard and remains part of the group. He needs to get up to speed and we will continue to work to get all the players ready for the first game of the season.”

After a short recovery period following their tour of the Far East and Australia, the Reds return to Melwood today to begin their preparations for Steven Gerrard’s testimonial against Olympiacos at Anfield on Saturday.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    People's opinions are not the problem...it's the point scoring that's ruining the thread.

For all the sh*t Mr Alan gets there are 3/4 posters from the opposite stance who will use his posts to score points and are so convinced they are right that they don't see their posts cause as much sh*t.

There's more than that, and it boarders on getting personal at times, which is just not good.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-agree-lorenzo-melgarejo-5387071

Meanwhile, Jay Spearing is expected to make a decision this week over his proposed £1.75m move to Blackburn Rovers.

A deal has been agreed with the SkyBet Championship side for the midfielder but Spearing, who was part of the Reds squad for the tour of Indonesia, Australia and Thailand earlier this month, is yet to decide whether he is willing to move to Ewood Park.

Bolton Wanderers, who had the 24-year-old on loan for the whole of last season, are also interested, though are unlikely to match Blackburn’s bid.

Spearing, who has been told his first-team chances will be severely limited at Anfield this season, would ideally like to secure a move to another Premier League club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

jr280713liverpool-42-5376300.jpg

Standard Chartered logo makes for a cool looking trophy in fairness

• Advertisement

But an unusual robotic leg.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement