Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Grayditch wrote: »
    But an unusual robotic leg.

Ha well spotted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Good lord, is that John Leguizamo on the right of Stevie?

Hows our net spend this summer?

Should be near the top of the league for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

Turtyturd wrote: »
    People's opinions are not the problem...it's the point scoring that's ruining the thread.

For all the sh*t Mr Alan gets there are 3/4 posters from the opposite stance who will use his posts to score points and are so convinced they are right that they don't see their posts cause as much sh*t.

Have a look on all the other forums here on boards. That is the nature of Internet forums and their apparent annominity.

If you put 10 complete strangers in room, 6 would get along, 2 would fight and 2 would be on the fence waiting to see who wins and join them.

It just gets very messy in here as it is a very busy forum. It would appear many of us here are kids of the 70's and 80's. We are of the age that we get very grumpy and complain a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

rarnes1 wrote: »

Yep up there at the top.

We've spent £50m on Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam.

Its not all about net spend ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Can replace both really for a lot less wages. Then Wisdom and Kelly can get a chance to play centre back.

That's a winning attitude right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

1326219353_cat_pushes_friend_down_stairs.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Leiva wrote: »
    There is an obvious divide on this thread now for a while:
    1. those that continue to scrutinise the owners/management with an alleged 'agenda'
    2. those that continue to support the owners alleged 'no matter what'
    I think we should use Sept 1st as a kind of line in the sand.

Its pretty clear what side of the split I fall on.
    Its frustrating (imo) to see those who have unequivocally supported the current management change their argument, and point at a particular point time throughout the season.
    On the other hand those who scrutinise the owners have been pretty consistent with their points and issues throughout the season(this may sound biased but that's just my opinion)

I am not saying that discussion or debates on the owners should cease after Sept1st, but what I am saying is that it would be a good time to do a sort of appraisal and review on the current ownership as we have a good sample size now.

Why Sept 1st?...
    This window is shaping up to be one that will see many changes in the playing squad and a lot hinges on the next few weeks if we are to contend next season

There is (and rightly so) calls not to panic and wait til the window is shut before making a final decision on our transfers etc.
    So come Sept 1st we will know a lot about how will be shaping up over the medium term.

What you think .. good or bad idea?

Sides? LMFAO.

People just seem to be so desperate for there to be two clear sides, rather than having the cop on to grasp that opinions amongst the same group of people can agree strongly on some things and disagree strongly on others.

Can people not just disagree totally with a person on some of what they say, and then nod in agreement to other stuff the same poster says?

The idea of set sides just smacks of children in the playground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Kess73 wrote: »
    Sides? LMFAO.

People just seem to be so desperate for there to be two clear sides, rather than having the cop on to grasp that opinions amongst the same group of people can agree strongly on some things and disagree strongly on others.

Can people not just disagree totally with a person on some of what they say, and then nod in agreement to other stuff the same poster says?

Totally agree.

Childish in the extreme.

gafferino wrote: »
    1326219353_cat_pushes_friend_down_stairs.gif

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

There is so much criticism in this thread of each other. Can't we all just disagree and get along?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

SlickRic wrote: »
    if we keep Suarez, and then sign the likes of Papa and Eriksen, I could live with that for this window.

i'd be satisfied that we've at least tried to balance prudence with the need to compete.

that is my limit though.

You are going to be dissapointed so :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

The Express are linking ourselves and Dortmund with Salomon Randon. Never heard of him.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/418617/Liverpool-suffer-Dortmund-threat-for-Rubin-Kazan-star-Salomon-Rondon

Ah, get off the fence, Kess.

troll.png

If there was no disagreement the thread would be boring enough tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Turtyturd wrote: »
    People's opinions are not the problem...it's the point scoring that's ruining the thread.

For all the sh*t Mr Alan gets there are 3/4 posters from the opposite stance who will use his posts to score points and are so convinced they are right that they don't see their posts cause as much sh*t.

It's like Swiss Toni says "You have to believe you have the biggest todger in the world..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Kess73 wrote: »
    Sides? LMFAO.

I'm not desperate for any sides or split thank you.

but its plain to see the divide, and shít flinging contest in here. can you not see it?

If there was no disagreement the thread would be boring enough tbh.

Oh shut up, you...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away.
    Mildewed and smoldering. Fundamentals differing.
    Pure intention juxtaposed will set two internet souls in motion
    Disintegrating as it goes testing our communication
    The light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us so
    We cannot seem to reach an end crippling our communication.

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them tumble down
    No fault, none to blame, it doesn't mean I don't desire to
    Point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple topple over.
    To bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication

The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it.
    Finding beauty in the dissonance.

There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away.
    Mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting
    I've done the math enough to know the netspend and wage reduction.
    Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

The Express are linking ourselves and Dortmund with Salomon Randon. Never heard of him.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/418617/Liverpool-suffer-Dortmund-threat-for-Rubin-Kazan-star-Salomon-Rondon

And we all remember how the last face-off with Dortmund went... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Frankly he'd be Caracas to join us over Dortmund.

Sometimes, you're a bit of a Tool, Raif ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

but its plain to see the divide, and shít flinging contest in here. can you not see it?

How does drawing a line in the sand for armageddon help bring us together tho Leiva? people will believe what they want to believe for however long they want to believe it, it's human nature.

Besides transfers windows can't truly be judged until the end of the season proper, we could get 3 marquee signings and they could all fail to adapt or we could be stuck with what we have and they could all end up like Coutinho, in which case which window would be considered the greater success.

How does drawing a line in the sand for armageddon help bring us together tho Leiva? people will believe what they want to believe for however long they want to believe it, it's human nature.

Besides transfers windows can't truly be judged until the end of the season proper, we could get 3 marquee signings and they could all fail to adapt or we could be stuck with what we have and they could all end up like Coutinho, in which case which window would be considered the greater success.

Hey! You with the 'common sense'!

Getthehellouttahere!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

1 thing we can all agree on is that the above cat gif is an all time great for the LFC superthreads, up there with 'Horse on Big Ball', 'One in the hole you say?' and my personal favourite, 'Mick McCarthy get frightened by nothing'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Mildewed and smoldering. Fundamentals differing.
    Pure intention juxtaposed will set two internet souls in motion
    Disintegrating as it goes testing our communication
    The light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us so
    We cannot seem to reach an end crippling our communication.

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them tumble down
    No fault, none to blame, it doesn't mean I don't desire to
    Point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple topple over.
    To bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication

The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it.
    Finding beauty in the dissonance.

There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away.
    Mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting
    I've done the math enough to know the netspend and wage reduction.
    Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

I can tell you copied and pasted that because of the lack of capitalised words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pep:
    I'm not angry with Liverpool - quite the opposite. I am very grateful to them for everything they have given me.

My departure was different to what I expected, but I will always be grateful to them.

This is the nature of football - when you are loved by a team, you really feel it, but when you go through bad moments, you are treated differently. In the end I will remember the love I felt from the fans for so many years.

My time in England is where I have felt truly like a footballer and I have put my name among the best players. I'm very proud to have played almost 400 games with Liverpool.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/update/2013-07-31/reina-not-unhappy-with-reds/

Rafa told him to say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Yes there is a divide, but its a minority or extremists on the pro side and on the anti side.

A lot of posters fall somewhere in the middle, can see certain positives but can also spot worrying signs.

• Advertisement

Good man Pep. I think he would have seen the mini-fallout from his letter, so good that he is being a bit more positive...

Good man Reina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Echo reporting we have agreed to sign that Benfica left back on loan.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-agree-lorenzo-melgarejo-5387071#.UfjjVNDHQoo.twitter

Have to say, all this Loaning IN players is worrying imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

joe123 wrote: »
    Echo reporting we have agreed to sign that Benfica left back on loan.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-agree-lorenzo-melgarejo-5387071#.UfjjVNDHQoo.twitter

Have to say, all this Loaning IN players is worrying imo.

What's worrying about it?

If he's Crap, then we send him packing. If he's Good, we keep him.

It's the best possible Deal you can Imagine.

I'd say that was tongue in cheek. Loans in are sound.

• Advertisement

if you loan in players, if he's not good enough, or if he is, but doesn't want to come permanently, then it's just another position that we need to ultimately fill.

they're grand, but they're not always brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Dickerty wrote: »
    It's like Swiss Toni says "You have to believe you have the biggest todger in the world..."

Supporting Liverpool in pre-season is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman.

You think she's the one, has a nice shape, start to get excited, forget about past disappointments and dive right in. Then once you start to get going you realise it's all another disappointment.

Though see her again in a year's time and you'll still give her another ride.

if you loan in players, if he's not good enough, or if he is, but doesn't want to come permanently, then it's just another position that we need to ultimately fill.

You at least get a Good Look at the Player, even if he doesn't want to be here Permanently.

Now consider the Alternative. Imagine instead of loaning, we bought him for 15M. We would have wasted that 15M, if he was Crap.

At least with the 1st Scenario, we still have the Money to Buy for that Position, even if he didn't want to be here.

Sorry Mate, but I just can't think of any Downsides to a Loan Deal with an Option to Buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

I want one of those shirts!! Is that wrong??
    gafferino wrote: »
    Some great pics from the tour on the website. I dont know why im surprised at our level of support wordwide....as an Irish Liverpool supporter you kind of think its normal but we're just like them!

jr180713liverpool-59-5139645.jpg

Liverpool have been singularly poor with regard to loans for as long as I can remember. Other clubs embrace the concept be it in or out.

This makes perfectly good sense (wonder if the potential work permit issue can been smoothed over in part with the loan rather than buying). Andy Carrolls loan worked a treat, season long loans for Suso and Ngoo will help decide their futures (I won't mention Aquilani as he is a lengthy dissertation on his own). Reinas was making the best of a bad situation.

• Advertisement

I'm struggling to think of the last loan move that was a success for Liverpool, either in or out. Can anyone help?

[edit] snaaaaap
    mike65 wrote: »
    Liverpool have been singularly poor with regard to loans for as long as I can remember. Other clubs embrace the concept be it in or out.

This makes perfectly good sense (wonder if the potential work permit issue can been smoothed over in part with the loan rather than buying). Andy Carrolls loan worked a treat, season long loans for Suso and Ngoo will help decide their futures (I won't mention Aquilani as he is a lengthy dissertation on his own). Reinas was making the best of a bad situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Tusky wrote: »
    I'm struggling to think of the last loan move that was a success for Liverpool, either in or out. Can anyone help?

[edit] snaaaaap

Carroll and Mascherano

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Anelkas loan spell wasn't unsuccessful, although wasn't a storming success really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5starpool wrote: »
    Anelkas loan spell wasn't unsuccessful, although wasn't a storming success really.

Houllier should have kept him. :(

A bad loan is better than a bad signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

It also would potentially indicate that we may not have any substantial monies to spend.

Grayditch wrote: »
    A bad loan is better than a bad signing.

i agree.

how often do you see those at the "top table" taking in a lot of loans though?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    It also would potentially indicate that we may not have any substantial monies to spend.

Or that they don't want to spend what money they have on the backup left back position when Enrique, Agger, Johnson and Robinson can play there?

I'm still confident there will be two more big purchases (assuming Suarez stays).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Yeah was kind of joking there! :P A lot of LFC supporters were giving out that we were loaning everyone out. Yes even one lad I know was going ape that we were loaning out Coady ffs.

Loans are grand, but Id still like to make a few permanent signings. We are being linked with an initial loan deal for Papadopulous aswell. IF we could get his club to agree to that it would be some business.

Have him on loan, see if hes over his knee trouble and then sign him permanently next season.

Im still wondering what are FSG doing with this supposed 25 million we were going to spend on Mhikataryan though. Is Gaitan still at Benefica? Send him along with this left back and it would be happy days!

We are not even being linked with someone at this stage around that price bracket and theres only a few weeks left now :(

i agree.

how often do you see those at the "top table" taking in a lot of loans though?

I think we're taking a leaf out of Napoli's book. Why buy when you can rent ;) Somewhere on Benfica forums, the fans are probably asking, "Sorry, we're doing what?"

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement