Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

audman wrote: »
    It seems Bale has told AVB he wants to leave...

http://m.skysports.com/article/football//8849317

Is he coming to us?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Is he coming to us?!!

Suarez + £30M. Bargain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Is he coming to us?!!

I wouldn't say no :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

That article must have really set Leiva over the edge.

:confused: why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

NI Milk Cup
    Liverpool 4 v 2 Southampton
    Junior Section
    Wednesday 31st July – Coleraine Showgrounds

Liverpool overcame a tricky encounter with Southampton at the Coleraine Showgrounds thanks to a second half hat-trick from Liam Robinson.

Liverpool were first out of the blocks when Thomas Powell forced a corner in the opening stages of the match. But it was Southampton who took the lead when a mix-up in the Liverpool defence allowed Carel Kayembe the easiest of tap ins. Kayembe was a constant threat and his ball across the box moments later couldn’t find a red shirt to double the advantage. Both sides had chances as the half progressed, Callum Slattery for Southampton and Powell for Liverpool both testing the opposition goalkeepers with long range efforts.

Liverpool were coming into the game more, and almost found their equaliser in the 20th minute when Herbie Kane intercepted in the middle of the pitch and played a through ball looking for Powell, but it was well read by the Southampton defence who cleared the danger. Down the other end another mix-up in the Liverpool box almost let Kayembe in again, but the whistle was blown for offside before he was able to pull the trigger. The South Coast side took their narrow lead into the half-time break.

When play resumed Liverpool came out the stronger side and their equaliser came just five minutes into the second period, Kane finishing well after some patient build up play. The match then sparked into life, and Southampton regained their just two minutes later when the ball was crossed to Oliver Long who was unmarked in the Liverpool box. The goals kept coming as Liverpool then equalised through Liam Robinson, who found space in the Southampton box and placed a shot past Jack Higgins into the net.

Two further scores from Robinson gave Liverpool an unassailable lead, his third a fine individual effort finished low past the goalkeeper. Southampton tried to push forward to find a way back into the game, but this only afforded Liverpool the opportunity to counter-attack, and Kane almost scored a fifth for the Anfield side when he took the ball around Southampton goalkeeper, but some great defending from Ben Rowthorn cleared the danger.

Seniors play Newcastle at 7pm.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Going to spam Leiva on Twitter till he comes back.

ADΞ™ ‏@The_Ade_ now
    @LucasLeiva87 COME BACK TO @boards_ie! We can change!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

NukaCola wrote: »
    :confused: why?

He closed his account. If you are askihg why it set him over the edge I have no idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Soldado to Spurs?
    Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham 3m
    Soldado agreement all good between Vcf and Spurs. Some niggle now between Valencia and player agent ... hopefully to be sorted.

Espcore ‏@espcore 4m
    BREAKING: Valencia President Amadeo Salvo has confirmed they have reached an agreement with Tottenham Hotspur for Roberto Soldado.

Ibe's the Fastest?
    Karl ‏@Karlton81 22m
    Jordon Ibe - Fastest player at the club. #Fact #LFC

Good for our U-16s
    Mark Johnson ‏@m_a_johnson1 3m
    Final score - Liverpool u16s beat Southampton 4-2.

Posting for the LOLs. 40M + Judas, anyone?
    Captain Page96 ‏@NextDelBoy96 3m
    Rumours: Chelsea are gonna make a bid to Liverpool for Luis Suarez the fee is rumoured to be £40million Plus Fernando Torres

Jay's Praying.
    City Talk 105.9 ‏@CityTalk1059 12m
    SPORT - It's reported Bolton Wanderers are set to make an offer for #Liverpool's Jay Spearing #LFC

He closed his account?

He closed his account. If you are askihg why it set him over the edge I have no idea!

Wow.......

• Advertisement

He closed his account?

You should know Flah/Leiva!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Heard he was one of Toby's alternate accounts. :pac:

Come back Leiva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Might be the only way Leiva can stay out of this mad house until the transfer window is ended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Maybe he's being loaned to Napoli.

Might be the only way Leiva can stay out of this mad house until the transfer window is ended

Closing his account is permanent....he will have to be Leiva Mk II.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Really enjoyed that!

Ibe's the Fastest?
    Quote: Karl ‏@Karlton81 22m
    Jordon Ibe - Fastest player at the club. #Fact #LFC

That is no surprise. I commented on his 60 yard dash speed during the Preston game.

Brilliant :D

Give it 10 ninutes til Raif comes across a twitter link to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Sack Rogers...he has let a 10k post veteran slip through his hands.

Sack the board too.

Cheerio Leiva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think he may have read news and talk of a Pat Kenny transfer and snapped.

• Advertisement

Someone mentioned a while ago getting another DM into the club. Final straw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Someone mentioned a while ago getting another DM into the club. Final straw

:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

audman wrote: »
    It seems Bale has told AVB he wants to leave...

http://m.skysports.com/article/football//8849317

Whatever replacements (a probable if) Spurs get in for the €85m + will be a huge factor in how we fair out against them with regards competition with them will be for a CL spot.

I would see that move happening and try persuading Spurs to buy Downing off us in a similar fashion to when Spurs were looking at €15m and Bale all them years ago for his services. A nostalgic-type persuasion would be done here.

Wouldn't be surprised if Spurs put in a big bid for Suarez if Bale is sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Wouldn't be surprised if Spurs put in a big bid for Suarez if Bale is sold

Can't imagine why he'd want to leave for them though. Definition of a sideways step for his career, and Spurs being Spurs, it would be a tough place to move on from afterwards.

As they are about to land Soldado (eventually!) I would. Also EL team would be of no interest to Luis Suarez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Well I suppose the position of Lead Drama Queen is now up for grabs after Leiva's departure to Napoli.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I bet there will be a new account posting in a fairly pessimistic way in a couple of months. I don't understand all this account closing lark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

5starpool wrote: »
    I bet there will be a new account posting in a fairly pessimistic way in a couple of months. I don't understand all this account closing lark.

It's like when a child throws it's toys out of its pram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Liverpool will finish in the top4 with or without Suarez.

Believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Vanolder wrote: »
    Liverpool will finish in the top4 with or without Suarez.

Believe.

It's the anti-leiva!!

gafferino wrote: »
    It's the anti-leiva!!

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Anybody here know Leiva?

That seemed to come completely out of the blue.

Anybody here know Leiva?

Yeah it was a bit sudden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Amiable? Grayditch? Could either of you please shed some light on this?

Anybody here know Leiva?

He's actually on Twitter. I think/hope he's just taking a break from here and will re-reg in the future.

• Advertisement

I'm closing my account
    when Liverpool, win the League

more under age shenanigans from the from the wee 6

NI Milk Cup @MilkCup2013 4m
    Premier Section – Liverpool 4 - 2 Newcastle Utd

Pedro Chirivella scored, as he did yesterday. I can't wait till the U18/U21 leagues get going to see him and Canos in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Leiva is gone?

Jays time to shine ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

El Spearo wrote: »
    Leiva is gone?

Jays time to shine ;)

Get your pointing finger ready! :P

6lqyC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Rodgers on LFC TV tonight says we have money to spend but if we don't find the right quality we won't bring people in for the sake if it. It doesn't sound too promising and a little like the previous transfer windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Rodgers on LFC TV tonight says we have money to spend but if we don't find the right quality we won't bring people in for the sake if it. It doesn't sound too promising and a little like the previous transfer windows.

Wow. No one saw that coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Joy...Why do I have the feeling we are going to have another season aiming at Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Wow. No one saw that coming.

Nor this post.

What's the score now Alan?

I have a feeling it's your year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I'm planning a trip to Anfield in the new year, just wondering what people usually do about getting tickets? Buy as a bundled holiday deal, or buy tickets and book flights/hotel separately? I've been over before but never had to organise it myself.

Nor this post.

What's the score now Alan?

I have a feeling it's your year.

Tbf, I'd say most fans would be outraged if we were finished for the summer in the transfer window. Would you not?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

I'm planning a trip to Anfield in the new year, just wondering what people usually do about getting tickets? Buy as a bundled holiday deal, or buy tickets and book flights/hotel separately? I've been over before but never had to organise it myself.

This.

You'll pick tickets up face value here for lots of games in the tickets threads.

Package deals are a serious rip off, stay clear.

Has anyone a breakdown of our ins and outs this window handy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Schalke have denied reports that Kyriakos Papdopoulos is set to join Liverpool but would discuss any offers for the defender.

General manager Horst Heldt stated that Schalke had yet to receive any offers for the Greek defender who joined the club three years ago aged just 18.

He has gone on to make 57 appearances for the Bundesliga club and has broken into his country's national side, winning 16 caps.

Newspaper reports have claimed that the 21-year-old is Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers' first choice to replace reported Napoli target Martin Skrtel, but Heldt says they are in the dark.

"There is no truth in those rumours," he told Reviersport. "There is no offer put up for the services of Kyriakos Papadopoulos. Not from Liverpool FC or any other club.

"In case we receive a written transfer offer for his services we would sit down and discuss that with him."

The former Olympiakos youngster has been out of action since November with a knee injury - something that is reported to be leading Liverpool to prefer an initial loan deal - but Heldt insisted Papadopoulos' recovery was on track.

He continued: "Papa is making good progress after his knee injuries and we hope to see him back fit soon. He is fully inside our future plans."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Genuine question here.

Rumours have it Chelsea will enter the race for Suarez, how would pool fans feel about this seems they weren't happy about him going to arsenal?

Could probably take it Chelsea will pay 50 million or whatever Liverpool are prepared to let him go for.

Genuine question here.

Rumours have it Chelsea will enter the race for Suarez, how would pool fans feel about this seems they weren't happy about him going to arsenal?

Could probably take it Chelsea will pay 50 million or whatever Liverpool are prepared to let him go for.

We shouldn't sell to any EPL clubs.......i'd be very disappointed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement