Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Genuine question here.

Rumours have it Chelsea will enter the race for Suarez, how would pool fans feel about this seems they weren't happy about him going to arsenal?

Could probably take it Chelsea will pay 50 million or whatever Liverpool are prepared to let him go for.

Strengthening Chelsea isn't as big a problem as Arsenal or Spurs, if it were to happen it would start a bidding war for him - and I'd be ok with that once we got top price AND invested it back in 2/3 quality players ON TOP of the 2 we already said we would look at getting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

I'd rather he left for a team that we won't be playing against next season. Arsenal or Chelsea ? No thanks. But if I had to pick....thas a tough oe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Has anyone a breakdown of our ins and outs this window handy?

265134.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Joy...Why do I have the feeling we are going to have another season aiming at Everton.

Because everything that's happened over the last 12 months seems to indicate that's our level of ambition?

klose wrote: »
    265134.jpg

Factoring in wages I'd imagine we are positive net spend this summer?

There should be plenty of money available for players.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Because everything that's happened over the last 12 months seems to indicate that's our level of ambition?

I haven't spent 30 odd years as a fan just to settle for being the best team in Liverpool, if that's the level of our ambition I won't waste 30 more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

klose wrote: »
    265134.jpg

I seem to remember that Newcastle gets 30% Sell-on Fee on Carroll.

If that's True, then I don't think it's Reflected here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

£35m fee and 30% sell on? God almighty, if that's true!

I'm sure that was only if the fee was higher than 35million so no worry about that

• Advertisement

No way that's true.

Genuine question here.

Rumours have it Chelsea will enter the race for Suarez, how would pool fans feel about this seems they weren't happy about him going to arsenal?

Could probably take it Chelsea will pay 50 million or whatever Liverpool are prepared to let him go for.

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

Good god that better not be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

First I heard of any fee for Newcastle. Would be flabbergasted if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

I'm sure that was only if the fee was higher than 35million so no worry about that

Yeah. Sorry about that.

Devilman above got it Correct.
    No sell on bonus for Toon if Carroll completes West Ham move

I thought that this one was done a long time ago.

However, rumours have (re)surfaced that despite receiving an absurd fee of £35 million for Andy Carroll when he was sold to Liverpool in January 2011, Newcastle United would still be due to receive 25% of the agreed £15 million fee if he completes a move to West Ham.

This is not true.

The truth is that Newcastle United will only receive a sell on bonus in the highly unlikely event that Liverpool sold him on a higher sum than the ridiculous £35 million they paid for the player. Of course, there is more chance of hell freezing over than this happening, especially now that Liverpool finally seem to be on the verge of putting the Carroll saga behind them.
    There was also no substantiation whatsoever for the media stories that Andy Carroll has been “stalling” on the West Ham move in the vain hope that he could make a glorious return to St James’ Park either.

http://www.nufcblog.org/2013/05/no-sell-on-bonus-for-toon-if-carroll-completes-west-ham-move/#.Ufl7ytI3C1w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Genuine question here.

Personally? Rather there than Arsenal. One less nail in the CL coffin.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Factoring in wages I'd imagine we are positive net spend this summer?

There should be plenty of money available for players.

We've done nothing of consequence or value in the transfer market when it comes to trying to challenge for 4th. Nowhere near acceptable thus far imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

billy2012 wrote: »

Very good off the ball and protecting the back 4, but one of the worst Liverpool midfielders I've ever seen in possession. I'd hate to see him back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

NukaCola wrote: »
    We shouldn't sell to any EPL clubs.......i'd be very disappointed.

I wouldn't be disappointed,I'd be bloody angry.

We need to be trying to catch these teams,not strengthening them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

For the players sake I would rather he went to Chelsea of the two....he's too good for Arsenal.

From a personal point of view I would rather he went to Chelsea as an up yours for the pound thing.....and also for the lulz in the Arsenal thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    For the players sake I would rather he went to Chelsea of the two....he's too good for Arsenal.

From a personal point of view I would rather he went to Chelsea as an up yours for the pound thing.....and also for the lulz in the Arsenal thread.

But if the clause was 40 million as arsenal thought what were they meant to bid? 41 million?
    Wasn't meant to be smart, it was meant to activate a clause which we now know doesn't exist
    It

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    We've done nothing of consequence or value in the transfer market when it comes to trying to challenge for 4th. Nowhere near acceptable thus far imo.

If Suarez stays we could say attack is improved although the players are untested so only time will tell.

Defense probably about the same.

Keeper not as massive difference either way.

So, as far as a challenge for 4th goes at this current time, it's not happening.

Still a lot of stuff to be resolved of course, most importantly Suarez.

But if the clause was 40 million as arsenal thought what were they meant to bid? 41 million?
    Wasn't meant to be smart, it was meant to activate a clause which we now know doesn't exist
    It

Ah now ..there's bidding to activate a clause and there's being too cheeky for your own good.

If Arsenal knew about the 40m mark being the point where Liverpool had to talk to Suarez then , seeing as Arsenal went over by £1, Liverpool should make a complaint to the Premier League (Arsenal shouldn't have even known about any contract information)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Ah now ..there's bidding to activate a clause and there's being too cheeky for your own good.

If Arsenal knew about the 40m mark being the point where Liverpool had to talk to Suarez then , seeing as Arsenal went over by £1, Liverpool should make a complaint to the Premier League (Arsenal shouldn't have even known about any contract information)

Everyone had heard the rumours about it, pool fans even admitted this last week on this thread.

Anyway arsenal won't be getting him so not to worry!

Everyone had heard the rumours about it, pool fans even admitted this last week on this thread.

Anyway arsenal won't be getting him so not to worry!

We didn't get Dempsey last year, didn't stop Fulham complaining ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

El Spearo wrote: »
    Leiva is gone?

Jays time to shine ;)

Finish the book and shag off to Bolton/Blackburn. :p

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'd have Momo back tbh, it'd be good cover for Lucas. Doubt Rodgers would want him though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Tbf, I'd say most fans would be outraged if we were finished for the summer in the transfer window. Would you not?

would I be happy no , on paper our four signings aren't enough to bridge the gap to fourth , but football isn't played on paper its played on the green stuff and as I said before the success of a transfer windows can't really be judged until the end of the season proper anyways(transfer ambition maybe). We could get 3 marquee signings and they could all fail to adapt or we could be stuck with what we have and they could all end up like Coutinho, in which case which window would be considered the greater success.

Obviously that's not ideal and leaves way too much to chance but pardon me if I don't **** the bed until we know the score one way or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Programme on BBC1 at 11.05 Swansea city:the fall and rise. May have a little insight into Rodgers.

Or not.

Anyway, hopefully shows how a club develops when a basic style in place and managers work around that, similar to what we had and may again have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

would I be happy no , on paper our four signings aren't enough to bridge the gap to fourth , but football isn't played on paper its played on the green stuff and as I said before the success of a transfer windows can't really be judged until the end of the season proper anyways(transfer ambition maybe). We could get 3 marquee signings and they could all fail to adapt or we could be stuck with what we have and they could all end up like Coutinho, in which case which window would be considered the greater success.

Obviously that's not ideal and leaves way too much to chance but pardon me if I don't **** the bed until we know the score one way or the other.

LOL :rolleyes:

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I'd have Momo back tbh, it'd be good cover for Lucas. Doubt Rodgers would want him though.

Would have him back as well. His ball retention improved a lot during his time at Juve, and he looked good for PSG whenever I saw in him recent seasons prior to him being loaned out..

Would be decent cover as you said, and I always loved his high energy style of play.

Your user name is well chosen.

Excellent sensible post.

Sleep well:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

It's a fairly reasonable post.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Utd have signed nobody, same with Arsenal. Chelsea and Spurs have signed 1, maybe 2 players of note. Only City have spent big and early.

As it stands we haven't lost any ground on Spurs, Arsenal, or Everton IMO.

I'd like a couple of impressive signings myself but I think we're at that stage now where deals are either going to happen near the deadline or not at all.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would have him back as well. His ball retention improved a lot during his time at Juve, and he looked good for PSG whenever I saw in him recent seasons prior to him being loaned out..

Would be decent cover as you said, and I always loved his high energy style of play.

I always think of the chant sung to Michael Jacksons 'Blame it on the Boogie'
    He just cant
    He just cant
    He just cant control his feet.
    :-D

I'm glad we agree it would leave too much to chance. Glad to hear you don't **** your bed :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

would I be happy no , on paper our four signings aren't enough to bridge the gap to fourth

If we dont sign any more players, with money to spend according to the manager....and fail to challenge for fourth, then he's putting a lot of pressure on himself. Our squad is not strong enough and our first 11 is not strong enough, yet we are apparently sitting on money. There is no excuse not to bring in quality if we have money available. And if we don't have money available you really have to wonder why, but thats a different story.

That being said theres plenty of time in the window......so we have to wait and see, obviously its too early to get upset but its open for debate what will/could happen.

PRAF wrote: »
    Utd have signed nobody, same with Arsenal. Chelsea and Spurs have signed 1, maybe 2 players of note. Only City have spent big and early.

As it stands we haven't lost any ground on Spurs, Arsenal, or Everton IMO.

I'd like a couple of impressive signings myself but I think we're at that stage now where deals are either going to happen near the deadline or not at all.

As things stand right now I think it is fair to say that it looks like we have lost ground on Spurs. They already had a bloody strong squad and have added Paulinho and Chadli to it.

Chadli is a decent player (probably about on par with Aspas), but Paulinho is a good player and could see him, Sandro, and Dembele make for a very impressive midfield trio this coming season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

All well and good disagreeing with someone over stupid points but to dismiss someone's coherently expressed viewpoint with that smug smiley is rude and arrogant in my opinion.

As things stand right now I think it is fair to say that it looks like we have lost ground on Spurs. They already had a bloody strong squad and have added Paulinho and Chadli to it.

Chadli is a decent player (probably about on par with Aspas), but Paulinho is a good player and could see him, Sandro, and Dembele make for a very impressive midfield trio this coming season.

Kess, you're a poster who can see the wood from the trees. Would you agree current signings alone just isn't good enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

It is indeed played on the green stuff and Liverpool need to start spending it if our team is to clinch that CL spot. You did mean money when you said 'green stuff' didn't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

murpho999 wrote: »
    All well and good disagreeing with some one over stupid points but to dismiss someone's coherently expressed viewpoint with that smug smiley is rude and arrogant in my opinion.

Thats been his posting style for quite some time now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Kess, you're a poster who can see the wood from the trees. Would you agree current signings alone just isn't good enough.

Everyone agrees!

There's still a month of the window left!

Signings are made on paper, trees are used to make paper, Kess can see the wood from the trees. So tell us Kess, who should we sign IF our current signings don't already do it for you?

Everyone agrees!

I said current, calm down! 4 weeks left but 2 weeks until season starts.

Everyone agrees!

True that 'whatawaster'. However long the transfer of a player is going on behind closed doors, we learn of it officially in one day. 'There's a month of the window left'. Therefore, there are 30+ more days of hope.

Ní Róimh a tógadh sa lá.

Who is Paulinho going to replace? Parker or Huddlestone?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement