Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Inglethorpe...
    Ayrton‏@Red_Living21h
    #lfc U21 manager Alex Inglethorpe named 16yo Jordan Rossiter and 17yo Dan Trickett-Smith as players who impressed on their pre-season tour

Skrtel to NaPOOLi?
    mirkocorli ‏@mirkocorli 6m
    Rafa building up a sort of Spanish-Reds #Napoli: Martin #Skrtel is the main target for the defensive line: negotiations started.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

5starpool wrote: »
    I've got round that bringing her along, staying in a nice hotel and stuff. Only got 4 other games lined up before Christmas though, so maybe that's why she is so tolerant :pac:

Tried that last season but she preg this year so no chance. Trying to stuff as many games in before christmas as nappy duties x 2 in new year! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Andre Ayew sounds like an odemwingie style transfer.

I wouldn't go that far.

It's more like Suarez mentioning Madrid, without Madrid initially expressing any interest in public.

That kind of thing goes on quite a bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Soldado to Tottenham is a great signing for them adds real potency to their attack
    Hopefully we can attract similar talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

just a reminder that there is money to spend.
    Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers admits he still has money to spend in the remainder of the transfer window but has no intention of wasting it on unnecessary impulse buys.

Rodgers has already signed four players - at an estimated cost of £25million - and while his greatest challenge will be holding on to striker Luis Suarez there is still the scope for further strengthening in addition to reacting to anything that happens with the Uruguay international.

But, as he has said before, he will not bring in players just to be seen to be active in the market.

"They have to be of the right quality, that's the bottom line," he said.

"We've got money to spend on getting that quality in but if it's not available I won't waste it for the sake of bringing a player in.

"We're really working hard to bring in the type of profile that can really help us push on.

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Soldado to Tottenham is a great signing for them adds real potency to their attack
    Hopefully we can attract similar talent

Similar talent will cost a similar price.

Ah jasus, talk of Skrtl being a year long loan with option to buy now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Have to say I've no real interest in signing an attacker or winger.
    Maybe its sentimental, but I love our current options and just want to see more of them, i.e. Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho, Aspas, Ibe, Sterling (maybe Alberto too, depending on what exact position BR has in mind, but I'm not a fan at all of Borini or Downing and would not like to see them in the side or on the bench ahead of any of the above - and unless there's an injury crisis there should be no need for them anyway).

A top notch centre half is clearly where we should spend big.

In midfield we are hoping that each of Lucas, Hendo and Allen all improve on last year. They're capable, but its a gamble to leave well enough alone there. Its a bit ordinary for my liking. So that's my second preference for spending Soldado type money, rather than on a striker/winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So for those that are saying we are playing low-ball games with our signings -

"We're really working hard to bring in the type of profile that can really help us push on."

So it's clear we are trying to bring in first-teamers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

There's always one ;)

No seats together in the Kop left when I bought the tickets. I'll make do from where I am, although would like to a few rows further forward.

Many others from here going?

My brother, father, nephew, and I will be in the Kop on Saturday, and then am going to the training session event for season ticket holders etc on Monday.

So Suarez has until Monday to make up his mind otherwise it will be

th?id=H.4880660159005860&pid=15.1
    Business is about to pick up

Jim_Ross

Suarez is running like a scalded dog

th?id=H.4682932774699616&pid=15.1

Vintage Kess

Jim-Ross.jpg
    Bah Gawd I think he killed him.

Report: Martin Skrtel set for £1.7m Napoli loan move with £8.6m option to buy

Reports in Italy this afternoon (Thursday) suggest Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel is nearing a season long loan-move to Napoli, with a €10million option to make the deal permanent at the end of 2013/14.

PROP130724-021-Melbourne_Liverpool.jpg

Calciospot24.it report that Sportmediaset say Skrtel will complete the move in the next few days.

Skrtel looks to be following goalkeeper Pepe Reina, who swapped Anfield for the Serie A club earlier this week. Former Reds boss Rafa Benitez has been linked with bringing Skrtel to the South Italy side for some time.

The Slovakian international defender fell out of favour with Reds boss Brendan Rodgers last season, starting just four League games since the turn of the year.

Veteran defender Jamie Carragher was preferred to Skrtel to partner Daniel Agger in the Reds’ central defence, before his retirement at the end of the season.

Skrtel has made 206 appearances for Liverpool since signing from Zenit St Petersburg in January 2008, scoring 9 times.

Should Skrtel complete the move, as we proved yesterday, Liverpool will have slashed a massive £500,000 off their weekly wage bill.

Rodgers will surely make a new central defender his priority in the transfer market, with speculation increasing on a move for Schalke’s Kyriakos Papadopolous .

Liverpool signed up Ivorian international defender Kolo Toure on a free transfer from Manchester City earlier this summer, but the 32-year-old is expected to be used as back-up to Agger and a younger central defensive partner.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/08/report-martin-skrtel-set-for-1-7m-napoli-loan-move-with-8-6m-option-to-buy/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/422048/fifa-14-becomes-gaming-partner-of-liverpool-barcelona/
    We'll have way more likenesses in FIFA next year, pity i'm probably switching to PES this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Can we please bring players in before we turf others out on loan.

Have we learned nothing from last year.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I can understand the Reina deal being a loan, as Pepe refused to sign any contract longer than 1 year. The Skrtel one is harder to understand. Maybe there's a lot of the Cavani fee that is paid in instalments so they're not as cash rich as we might have thought.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ah, good ol' JR.

• Advertisement

Dickerty wrote: »
    So for those that are saying we are playing low-ball games with our signings -

"We're really working hard to bring in the type of profile that can really help us push on."

So it's clear we are trying to bring in first-teamers...

1. "trying" is a big word, which means nothing really. show me a player to go straight into our first XI, and I promise I'll believe them. and i'll do it gladly.

2. for all we know "push on" means more similar signings to what we've made. if Rodgers thinks Alberto, Aspas etc are improvements on Downing or whatever, then that's a form of "pushing on" for all we know.

basically, there has to come a point where talk is a bit cheap. i've heard for months now that they're "working hard" to bring in players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Similar talent will cost a similar price.

Michu-008.jpg

Ayew is pretty monstrous in the air. Hopefully he'll get Downing a few assists.

I can understand the Reina deal being a loan, as Pepe refused to sign any contract longer than 1 year. The Skrtel one is harder to understand. Maybe there's a lot of the Cavani fee that is paid in instalments so they're not as cash rich as we might have thought.

No one was going to sign Skrtel, specially on the back of Last Season.

The Fact that Napoli is the only Club that is Interested in him, speaks for itself.

Let's say, that this Deal gets done as Outlined in the Rumor. Even if Napoli doesn't exercise the Buy Option, we'll still have a much better chance of selling Skrtel after the Loan.

Simply because he'll be Playing for Rafa, in a System he knows well, instead of just languishing in our Bench as 3rd/4th Choice CB.

Ayew is pretty monstrous in the air. Hopefully he'll get Downing a few assists.

Ya, was surprised to see that almost every second goal he scored last year seemed to be a cracking header from 12 yards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Anyone wrote: »
    I bet you they would take it all back in a heartbeat.

And as for me, I wont get bored of Liverpool, been supporting them far longer than most here. I can see you are bored and angry at the situation, but until you cop on and stop hankering for the good old days, you will never be able to enjoy being a fan. Liverpool FC changed and irreversibly changed the day Moores sold up.

- Under Moores' reign, Liverpool slipped from being the dominant power in England to being one of the top 6 clubs in England.
    - While Utd were increasing Old Trafford from a 45k stadium to a 76k stadium, David was asleep at the wheel. Anfield is more or less the same now as it was in the mid 90s. No progress
    - While other clubs were maximising commercial revenue, David was letting us fall behind.
    - When Arsenal were hiring Wenger and Chelsea were hiring Mourinho, Moores was hiring Souness or else experimenting with joint managers (Houillier & Evans). I suppose he eventually did get it right with Rafa but we had fallen behind massiverly at that stage
    - Worst of all though, he sold the club to H&G, one of the worst decisions ever taken in the recent history of the club

In short, I wouldn't hark back to the glory days of David Moores. He may have been a nice man who loved the club, however the club declined under his stewardship

No one was going to sign Skrtel, specially on the back of Last Season.

The Fact that Napoli is the only Club that is Interested in him, speaks for itself.

Let's say, that this Deal gets done as Outlined in the Rumor. Even if Napoli doesn't exercise the Buy Option, we'll still have a much better chance of selling Skrtel after the Loan.

Simply because he'll be Playing for Rafa, in a System he knows well, instead of just languishing in our Bench as 3rd/4th Choice CB.

loaning Skrtel before anyone has been bought is laughable.

if it's happening, there had better be a superb CB or 2 coming in. i am not having Kelly and Wisdom as our back-up CBs.

i'll believe the loan when it's official though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Dagger <3

BQbQGa_CMAADBet.jpg:large

Agger for captain! Love the guy.

SlickRic wrote: »
    loaning Skrtel before anyone has been bought is laughable.

if it's happening, there had better be a superb CB or 2 coming in. i am not having Kelly and Wisdom as our back-up CBs.

i'll believe the loan when it's official though.

If you've read the various Intervies BR gave concerning Reina as well as some from the Echo about this Loan, you'd know that they won't release Skrtel until we have his Replacement at hand.

Raif Severance - is twitter down for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

£8.6m....wasn't this chap touted at £20m last Summer? Probably goes to show how much things can change in one season, but I still think £8.6m is annoyingly low....£1.7m for the initial loan or not.

Wait a minute, what am I talking about....WTF ARE WE SENDING HIM OUT ON LOAN FOR ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

So, roughly €12m for Skrtel if that's true. Can't see us getting a better price than that tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Not much point in holding onto Skrtel at this stage as long as we have someone lined up to replace him with a decent amount of experience. Best to sell him not loan him to Napoli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

PRAF wrote: »
    - Under Moores' reign, Liverpool slipped from being the dominant power in England to being one of the top 6 clubs in England.
    - While Utd were increasing Old Trafford from a 45k stadium to a 76k stadium, David was asleep at the wheel. Anfield is more or less the same now as it was in the mid 90s. No progress
    - While other clubs were maximising commercial revenue, David was letting us fall behind.
    - When Arsenal were hiring Wenger and Chelsea were hiring Mourinho, Moores was hiring Souness or else experimenting with joint managers (Houillier & Evans). I suppose he eventually did get it right with Rafa but we had fallen behind massiverly at that stage
    - Worst of all though, he sold the club to H&G, one of the worst decisions ever taken in the recent history of the club

In short, I wouldn't hark back to the glory days of David Moores. He may have been a nice man who loved the club, however the club declined under his stewardship

I never stated Moores was a good chairman. I stated the club changed when he sold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Anyone wrote: »
    I never stated Moores was a good chairman. I stated the club changed when he sold it.

My mistake, but you did throw me a bit when you mentioned Good Times and Moores in the same post. Actually mentioning Moores twice in quick succession is bound to get my back up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

£8.6m....wasn't this chap touted at £20m last Summer? Probably goes to show how much things can change in one season, but I still think £8.6m is annoyingly low....£1.7m for the initial loan or not.

Wait a minute, what am I talking about....WTF ARE WE SENDING HIM OUT ON LOAN FOR ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep LINK Missed the boat on that. Probably lucky to be getting £10m for him now really.

Hopefully means the Papa deal is close though which would be good. Might provide some DM cover as well and Toure could cover RCB f he was playing there.

Wouldn't mind seeing us upgrade from Coates to Ilori if possible as well if the cost was negligible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

PRAF wrote: »
    My mistake, but you did throw me a bit when you mentioned Good Times and Moores in the same post. Actually mentioning Moores twice in quick succession is bound to get my back up!

No my point was people need to realise the type of club we are. We are not a club owned by a fan who is willing to pump money in. We are owned by people who ultimately will want to make money from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I'm a bit annoyed with the idea of senior players going on loan.

Loans are mostly for young players or fringe players who need experience, not for senior players who will likely never again play for the club.

Benitez shouldn't need to assess Skrtel for 12 months before deciding if he's worth a punt, he's managed him before and knows very well what he can do, same goes for Reina. This club seems to be struggling to put a decent transfer kitty together, I'm sure both Skrtel and Reina were saleable assets this summer that we could have raised some much needed cash with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

May have missed this so said I'd ask in here. Anyone know if Suarez has got some kind of release clause? Wondering where the £40,000,001 bid came from. Very specific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

May have missed this so said I'd ask in here. Anyone know if Suarez has got some kind of release clause? Wondering where the £40,000,001 bid came from. Very specific.

Thats what Arsenal thought it was, we're not sure but the release for another English club was probably higher.

Loans are mostly for young players or fringe players who need experience, not for senior players who will likely never again play for the club.

Benitez shouldn't need to assess Skrtel for 12 months before deciding if he's worth a punt, he's managed him before and knows very well what he can do, same goes for Reina. This club seems to be struggling to put a decent transfer kitty together, I'm sure both Skrtel and Reina were saleable assets this summer that we could have raised some much needed cash with.

Reina wants Barca, they don't want him this year (or at all?, we'll see). Skrtel is another expensive bench filler even Zenit have not come for. A year in the CL, as for Reina, will help attract some offers next summer. I'd prefer it if Rafa just bought the defender I have to say but if Napoli don't want to this is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick *subject to fresh talent joining LFC*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It was in all the papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Any recommendations on a taxi company to use around Liverpool? I'll be over for the few days and will probably have to get a few of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I think the queue for Skrtel was pretty short to be fair. Had a poor season. Rafa will take him on loan and we'll either get good money for him in a year or his value will rise. Win win. The only downside for me is if we haven't a replace in. Let's see.

Reina has been done to death, he only wanted to sign a 1 yr contract and wanted out to Barca but it didn't materialise. On the basis of his public desire to go to Barca and his strong links there I believe that queue wasn't full of moneyed suitors either. Valdes is gone after one season, unless things have changed with the new coach I would say Reina is a fairly safe bet to land there in a year. Even if he doesn't get his move, does anyone really want to sign him based on his fairly public desire to be at Barca in a year. Not exactly a stable prospect. Also had a weak season last year.

Both moves make eminent sense when you look at the context around them. Not everything is as black and white as Football Manager. You can't just press a button to sell the player and count your money coming in.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Thats what Arsenal thought it was, we're not sure but the release for another English club was probably higher.

Just wondering if it has anything to do with CL football. Arsenal technically aren't in the CL yet, so may not have been granted permission to talk to him.

Could all be paper talk, of course, but it was very specific, which suggests that either Arsenal knew something about some kind of clause, or the papers decided to tell an elaborate lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Arsenal were led on by the agent to believe 40m and above = release.

Liverpool believe that they are only obliged to inform him of the offer, they did and informed him it was not acceptable.

The proof of the pudding is that Suarez is not taking his case anywhere else and getting on with training. That tells us he didn't much fancy Arsenal (CL qualifiers, not guaranteed CL and def not guaranteed top 4, quite far from a league challenge) or that he has nowhere to go with it due to his long term contract. His agent seems to have gone fairly quiet too.

Most likely situation is that he is angling for Madrid or a club of that ilk away from Uk and that he is starting to realise that he might have to wait until Jan or next summer. He is going to world cup 100% so he doesnt have to play his way into a team.

Basically, release clause is a "inform" clause. It is not specific to the league as someone else is suggesting and the likelihood is that if Real don't come calling he is at Liverpool til Jan minimum. Arsenal are on the rastafarian old holborn if they think otherwise!

mike65 wrote: »

Hopefully!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Just wondering if it has anything to do with CL football. Arsenal technically aren't in the CL yet, so may not have been granted permission to talk to him.

Could all be paper talk, of course, but it was very specific, which suggests that either Arsenal knew something about some kind of clause, or the papers decided to tell an elaborate lie.

None of us know, but indications suggest that there was no obligation to sell included in the clause at any price to anyone, only to inform the player that a bid came in about 40m. That is the general consensus now it seems, although it is a silly clause that does nothing seemingly.

Knex. wrote: »
    So, roughly €12m for Skrtel if that's true. Can't see us getting a better price than that tbh.

"Option" to buy so it's far from a dead cert.

Aqilani had options to buy on his deals too didn't he? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    They really aren't. Most people genuinely quiz them on their points.

Occasionally one or two non-regulars have resorted to insulting one if not both, but that aside no one as flat out abused them unless provoked. As I've said multiple times now, when a poster (Alan) feels the need to basically call out the majority of fellow (not opposing!) supporters as retards, numpties, delusional/deluded, idiots and so on for holding an differing opinion.... well.. yeah. **** is going to hit the fan. You'll get people who won't stand for that. The retard(s)/retarded comments aren't even a once off and is something said in horribly bad taste to put it mildly. I genuinely believe he looks down us in the sense he thinks he's better than us if I'm honest.

If I comment on Lloyd, I'll be wasting my time I feel nowadays. I actually had a long post written up the other day in reply to him, but just thought **** it and deleted it as I didn't see the point. I did at one time have a lot of time for his posts and I think he knows this. After all, I tried to get him to join the previous forum I posted before eventually switching to this place.

Then you have the likes of Rossie who I'm near certain has never posted a positive comment in my time as a regular in the soccer forum at least. Perhaps I've missed something remotely positive. I'm just going on what I've seen and there's no hyperbole from my end.

I don't always agree with Daithi, actually, I'd go as far as to say I've disagreed with him on most things since his return, but I take the time to read his posts as he puts himself forward well more often than not. Some of those who share his opinion should follow his manner of posting.

What does this mean?, ive never been away except for holidays and choosing not to post ;). Not that anyone gives a fk but i post the way i do because i have lost a bit of 'caring'.

The rest of this post isnt angled at anyone in particular.

Some are living in a dream world here in this forum.

My stance is this simple over all.

We will go nowhere in this set up. Some took a pop at me for saying Ayre etc are out of their depth last month when i pointed to Levy appointing Baldini. So how's it looking now lads?. Spurs could lose Bale in the morning and still be miles ahead of us imho. These rumblings about not being able to get the players is exactly 100% why we need a Baldini type.

The only way these owners will offer the wages to players again is if you are actually already at the club and keeping it semi relevant by your performances (Gerrard/Suarez). Nobody else is welcome on those wages and if they could get rid they would imo (i suspect Johnson will be for the chop in the next 12 months). Anyone remember long ago when i said we were moving towards Arsenal's set up?. That's exactly what it is. LFC's evolution towards that gets clearer window by window.

How long have we had to look for signings for the summer?. People are talking like these lads dont even talk about it until they come back from holidays in June. The club should be on the front foot for players that improve the first team, not squad filler.

2 weeks before our first league game and we dont seem to moving with any great authority for anyone. Clearly none of us will know for sure but Rodgers words tell enough on that. I want to tie back in here to the point above about Spurs. Levy knew his own 'skills' had a certain ceiling and he is a seasoned man in 'the game' at this stage. Nevertheless, tough decision, pride swallowed, shift strategy, Baldini in, wheels greased, Paulinho and Soldado now through door. 2 starters to a team that finished ahead of us. That's how you get sh1t done.

And if people think any of this is 'easy' to write, or agenda driven, they need to wake up and smell the mid table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I am pie wrote: »
    I think the queue for Skrtel was pretty short to be fair. Had a poor season. Rafa will take him on loan and we'll either get good money for him in a year or his value will rise. Win win. The only downside for me is if we haven't a replace in. Let's see.

Reina has been done to death, he only wanted to sign a 1 yr contract and wanted out to Barca but it didn't materialise. On the basis of his public desire to go to Barca and his strong links there I believe that queue wasn't full of moneyed suitors either. Valdes is gone after one season, unless things have changed with the new coach I would say Reina is a fairly safe bet to land there in a year. Even if he doesn't get his move, does anyone really want to sign him based on his fairly public desire to be at Barca in a year. Not exactly a stable prospect. Also had a weak season last year.

Both moves make eminent sense when you look at the context around them. Not everything is as black and white as Football Manager. You can't just press a button to sell the player and count your money coming in.

The Reina/Barca link is pure speculation though. All we know is that Reina would like to play for them, we've no idea if they actually want him. He'll have 1 year left on his contract next summer I think? We won't be getting much for him then. Also, players are sold to clubs that aren't their 1st choice all the time.

Skrtel is even more puzzling though. He's not waiting on any other club coming in, and Benitez shouldn't need 12 months to assess him.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Hopefully!

:D

It was always there, browser need a reboot.

Jack Robinson seems to be off to Blackpool when winger/emergency LB Lorenzo Melgarejo arrives. Diego Costa chatter fairly persistent, I can only suppose if he arrives Suarez will leave as there is probably not enough ink in Britain to cover both of them.

Someone missing

BQlqpMOCQAIOdAQ.jpg:large

None of us know, but indications suggest that there was no obligation to sell included in the clause at any price to anyone, only to inform the player that a bid came in about 40m. That is the general consensus now it seems, although it is a silly clause that does nothing seemingly.

That does seem like a pointless clause. Cheers lads, was just wondering.

It was always there, browser need a reboot.

Jack Robinson seems to be off to Blackpool when winger/emergency LB Lorenzo Melgarejo arrives. Diego Costa chatter fairly persistent, I can only suppose if he arrives Suarez will leave as there is probably not enough ink in Britain to cover both of them.

Someone missing

BQlqpMOCQAIOdAQ.jpg:large

Richard Buxton ‏@Richard_Buxton_ 45s
    #LFC confirm Jack Robinson has joined Blackpool on a season-long loan #BFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Option to buy. Option to refuse after a cheap loan. Option to lowball the agreed price, anyway.

Saying that, it worked with Carroll.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement