Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I beat twitter! I beat twitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Robinson joins Blackpool on loan

6340__5718__robinson500_51fa4ae6a5c53240302548.jpg

The 19-year-old will spend the duration of 2013-14 with the Tangerines, who are currently managed by former Reds midfielder Paul Ince.

Since making a senior debut against Hull City in May 2010, becoming the club's youngest ever player at that time, Robinson has played a total of 11 matches for the Liverpool first team.

The left-back spent the second half of the 2012-13 campaign on loan with Wolverhampton Wanderers and travelled to the European U21 Championship with England earlier this summer.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/141454-robinson-joins-blackpool-on-loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Good loan for Robinson, although worrying that the cover we seem to be lining up is meant to be terrible at defending. I'm guessing that the initial backup plan once again will be to move Johnson over to that side.

Ayre's Interview on Sky Sports by Jim White.
    LFCZA ‏@LFCZA 7m
    #Ayre - "We've still some work to do, we have other targets and other ambitions. There's a great team of people lead by the manager"- #LFC

LFCZA ‏@LFCZA 9m
    #Ayre - "Our aspiration is European football and beyond" #LFC

LFCZA ‏@LFCZA 10m
    #Ayre - "The idea that Pepe didn't know about the #Napoli loan is not true" #Reina

#LFCLFCZA ‏@LFCZA 11m
    #Ayre - "I'm sure he's going to stay and there's been no foreign interest, nothing"- #Suarez #LFC

LFCZA ‏@LFCZA 12m
    #Ayre - "I don't think we can say his demeanor's changed, but he's working hard and is a professional" #Suarez #LFC

LFCZA ‏@LFCZA 14m
    #Ayre - "We're not interested in selling him as our fans expect it to be. I didn't speak to #Suarez about the two bids" #LFC

LFCZA ‏@LFCZA 15m
    #Ayre being interviewed by Jim White on Sky Sports News- On #Suarez he says "there's no intention of selling him" #LFC

BQmIHCXCEAEWJyM.jpg:large

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sold next week it is then!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

5starpool wrote: »

The way things are going, he'll be loaned.

Good loan for Robinson, although worrying that the cover we seem to be lining up is meant to be terrible at defending. I'm guessing that the initial backup plan once again will be to move Johnson over to that side.

According to this, we can Recall him.
    Men Of Shankly ‏@MenOfShankly 15m
    #LFC will retain the option to recall Jack Robinson from his Blackpool loan after 28 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

'At the time we had no intention of selling him'

European football and beyond....World Cup 2014 here come Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

daithijjj wrote: »
    We will go nowhere in this set up. Some took a pop at me for saying Ayre etc are out of their depth last month when i pointed to Levy appointing Baldini. So how's it looking now lads?. Spurs could lose Bale in the morning and still be miles ahead of us imho. These rumblings about not being able to get the players is exactly 100% why we need a Baldini type.

So since Spurs brought in Baldini, they are set to lose their best player, the guy who took them to within touching distance of the CL. And that is clear evidence of progress? If Baldini is so good, why can't he convince Bale to stay? Also, simply signing people isn't evidence of progress. They have to settle, perform, etc. There is no guarantee that they will.
    The only way these owners will offer the wages to players again is if you are actually already at the club and keeping it semi relevant by your performances (Gerrard/Suarez). Nobody else is welcome on those wages and if they could get rid they would imo (i suspect Johnson will be for the chop in the next 12 months).

Wages for wages sake is mental. Two options for you:
    - Everyone gets crazy wages, no matter how [EMAIL="cr@p"]cr@p[/EMAIL] they are (e.g. Joe Cole, Aqua, etc) and therefore you cannot actually sell them when you want to
    - Only the best players, the most consistent performers, the game changers get the crazy wages (e.g. Stevie G, Luis, etc.). You pay people what they deserve. The lower paid guys are motivated to perform. The poor performers can actually be sold off

Which do you pick?
    How long have we had to look for signings for the summer?. People are talking like these lads dont even talk about it until they come back from holidays in June. The club should be on the front foot for players that improve the first team, not squad filler.

We've signed Mignolet. IMO he is one of the best keepers in the league and a clear improvement on the Pepe of the last two years. More importantly, we have upgraded one of the positions on the pitch that can actually directly lead to more points. A great keeper can turn draws into wins, losses into draws. He could save us 5-10 points next season.

Also, rather than springing the likes of Suso from the bench next season, we'll be brining on the likes of Aspas who seems to have a far greater goal threat. Again, this is about turning draws into wins.

Nobody on here is living in fantasy land. Pretty much everyone wants to see those couple of marquee signings that we need to improve the first XI

#Ayre - "Our aspiration is European football and beyond"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIsFKzFSAyj3HnclHhrorgO2aq4Pr4NvI7_L77c0P7EP8KmdJu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

ush wrote: »

Did he try and bite Ramos finger at 0:20? He'll fit right in. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

PRAF wrote: »
    So since Spurs brought in Baldini, they are set to lose their best player, the guy who took them to within touching distance of the CL. And that is clear evidence of progress? If Baldini is so good, why can't he convince Bale to stay? Also, simply signing people isn't evidence of progress. They have to settle, perform, etc. There is no guarantee that they will.

Wages for wages sake is mental. Two options for you:
    - Everyone gets crazy wages, no matter how [EMAIL="cr@p"]cr@p[/EMAIL] they are (e.g. Joe Cole, Aqua, etc) and therefore you cannot actually sell them when you want to
    - Only the best players, the most consistent performers, the game changers get the crazy wages (e.g. Stevie G, Luis, etc.). You pay people what they deserve. The lower paid guys are motivated to perform. The poor performers can actually be sold off

Which do you pick?

We've signed Mignolet. IMO he is one of the best keepers in the league and a clear improvement on the Pepe of the last two years. More importantly, we have upgraded one of the positions on the pitch that can actually directly lead to more points. A great keeper can turn draws into wins, losses into draws. He could save us 5-10 points next season.

Also, rather than springing the likes of Suso from the bench next season, we'll be brining on the likes of Aspas who seems to have a far greater goal threat. Again, this is about turning draws into wins.

Nobody on here is living in fantasy land. Pretty much everyone wants to see those couple of marquee signings that we need to improve the first XI

At 85m everyone is for sale tbh.

So you wouldnt pay Soldado the wages? but are happy to pay Aspas his?. Ambitious players are always motivated.......but when a club doesnt seem to mirror the players ambition then you will get what we have with Suarez. If we were so bad under Kenny why did Suarez not ask for an exit last year do you think?

We have replaced our goalkeeper, that's a minimum you should expect.

Milk Cup Liverpool u18s beat Corinthians -yes the Corinthians youth Xi (!) on penos after 2-2 draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

What does this mean?, ive never been away except for holidays and choosing not to post ;). Not that anyone gives a fk but i post the way i do because i have lost a bit of 'caring'.

The rest of this post isnt angled at anyone in particular.

Some are living in a dream world here in this forum.

My stance is this simple over all.

We will go nowhere in this set up. Some took a pop at me for saying Ayre etc are out of their depth last month when i pointed to Levy appointing Baldini. So how's it looking now lads?. Spurs could lose Bale in the morning and still be miles ahead of us imho. These rumblings about not being able to get the players is exactly 100% why we need a Baldini type.

The only way these owners will offer the wages to players again is if you are actually already at the club and keeping it semi relevant by your performances (Gerrard/Suarez). Nobody else is welcome on those wages and if they could get rid they would imo (i suspect Johnson will be for the chop in the next 12 months). Anyone remember long ago when i said we were moving towards Arsenal's set up?. That's exactly what it is. LFC's evolution towards that gets clearer window by window.

How long have we had to look for signings for the summer?. People are talking like these lads dont even talk about it until they come back from holidays in June. The club should be on the front foot for players that improve the first team, not squad filler.

2 weeks before our first league game and we dont seem to moving with any great authority for anyone. Clearly none of us will know for sure but Rodgers words tell enough on that. I want to tie back in here to the point above about Spurs. Levy knew his own 'skills' had a certain ceiling and he is a seasoned man in 'the game' at this stage. Nevertheless, tough decision, pride swallowed, shift strategy, Baldini in, wheels greased, Paulinho and Soldado now through door. 2 starters to a team that finished ahead of us. That's how you get sh1t done.

And if people think any of this is 'easy' to write, or agenda driven, they need to wake up and smell the mid table.

From what I have read in the while I've been posting in here, it seems there are 3/4 posters very much out of sync with everyone else.

If you genuinely feel that everybody else is delusional, the likelihood is the only delusional person is you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I hope when Ayre says European football he means Champions League football and not Europa League.

Pedalstool wrote: »
    From what I have read in the while I've been posting in here, it seems there are 3/4 posters very much out of sync with everyone else.

Being out of sync is fine, putting forward disingenuous arguments or plain outright falsehoods is the issue of most of us who take a different view on things.

Re Diego Costapacket, for someone who is supposed to be bit ****, he does a very good show-reel. Possibly a bit like Daniel Sturridge ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

'Deluded' is a stick that's been used to beat Liverpool fans for years now. I hate when I see it being used amongst us. Ah well.

If you genuinely feel that everybody else is delusional, the likelihood is the only delusional person is you.

You think boards.ie is the beating pulse of an overall spectrum of fans?. Expand your horizons. My view in here is in a minority but thats just because im a stubborn c**t. Im sure there are plenty of others who simply cant be arsed to participate in the circle jerk of progress. Twitter tells me my view isnt that far off what a lot of other people think.

I missed that bit.

Do you disagree with all the post or did you even read it?

You think boards.ie is the beating pulse of an overall spectrum of fans?. Expand your horizons. My view in here is in a minority but thats just because im a stubborn c**t. Im sure there are plenty of others who simply cant be arsed to participate in the circle jerk of progress. Twitter tells me my view isnt that far off what a lot of other people think.

Yeah, twitter - Where all the mature well-adjusted people seek approval.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Anyone have an idea on Diego Costa? Seemed to be linked with him a bit today on the aul Twitter

Anyone have an idea on Diego Costa? Seemed to be linked with him a bit today on the aul Twitter

Nutjob. Scores goals. Sound familiar?

• Advertisement

I think the language you use to get your point across denegrades other people who have put the same thought into forming their opinion on where the club is going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Twitter. Conclusive.

Minority or majority, to me it matters not. Let's see where the chips fall at the end of the transfer window. It is suggestive of an agenda to condemn the club's business before that ends.

If we let Skrtel or Suarez go without signing a replacement I will happily say that the window has been a failure. If we keep Suarez and add one more top level first team player then for me it has been a success.

If (like last year!) we progress in terms of league position and win loss % then I will be happy with progress.

The problem with the position of some of the negative fans is that they are completely dogmatic. Not pragmatic. You have to look at the resources available. We don't have a billionaire come to make us their plaything. Rafa is gone. He is now irrelevant to our coming season outside of the fact that he is taking some of his old players.

All we here from the negative crowd is complaints, no criteria for what they would be happy with, short on logic or reality for their claims.

I wish we had an endless bankroll, we don't. I wish we had won the league that year and Rafa's position was solidified, it didn't happen. I wish he had more money so we weren't forced to rely on a paper thin squad. We didn't. I wish Hodgson, the return of Dalglish (spoiled his perfect legacy) and H&G never fukkin happened, but they did.

What we have now is the best ownership scenario we could hope for given that we were club without much recent success in the northwest of England with a debt problem and chronic underinvestment in the ground.

For people to shout and scream when we improve our league position and stabilise the debt and arrive at a situation where we can start to develop Anfield is incredible to me. Start dealing with reality and get away from the mindset that because we are Liverpool we deserve to have the best players and the best managers.

Rebuilding takes some humility and preparation to work damn hard on and off the pitch over a 5 year term.

In short, get real.

Introduced him onto this thread last night, there is deffo something afoot.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I missed that bit.

Do you disagree with all the post or did you even read it?

Yes I would disagree with most of what is said in that post.

mike65 wrote: »
    Introduced him onto this thread last night, there is deffo something afoot.

What did he make of boards? Did he make Leiva run away crying?

• Advertisement

I am pie wrote: »
    What did he make of boards? Did he make Leiva run away crying?

He doesn't care about boards. He know the fans are with him on twitter.

ush wrote: »
    Yeah, twitter - Where all the mature well-adjusted people seek approval.

Depends who you follow, i follow over a thousand, mostly LFC fans, some are middle of the road, some have closer to my view, some would happily watch the club sign anyone and its milk and honey for them.

You get more honesty when there is no threat of the ban hammer or little 'girls' accusing you of trolling. I honestly laugh out loud lately when its insinuated im a troll or whatever.

Depends who you follow, i follow over a thousand, mostly LFC fans, some are middle of the road, some have closer to my view, some would happily watch the club sign anyone and its milk and honey for them.

You get more honesty when there is no threat of the ban hammer or little 'girls' accusing you of trolling. I honestly laugh out loud lately when its insinuated im a troll or whatever.

Rebel of the boards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Good loan deal for robinson, can really evaluate what we are dealing with regards him next summer to see of hell make it or not, would expect blackpool to be knocking about the play off places next year so should be a good level for him. Good to see the club really make use of the loan market, next up will be flanno hopefully...

I find it difficult to understand how you can make a judgement on Rodgers and FSG so quickly. Surely the clubs current malaise is something that was going to take 3 to 4 years to address?

I think the language you use to get your point across denegrades other people who have put the same thought into forming their opinion on where the club is going.

I think you are inebriated by the exuberance of your own verbosity.

Depends on where we'll Play him. He normally plays as CF for Atletico.

When Falcao was still with Atletico, Costa usually played off him. Can't do that here with Suarez on the Side. We'll be too Narrow and have no Width except with our FBs, if we Play with a Front 3 of Suarez-Sturridge-Costa.

So we go with 9. Compared to our Strikers, he's only ahead of Borini for me. Yeah, I'd play Aspas on CF before him. So that makes him 4th Choice Striker.

On the Wings? He doesn't have the Pace. Doesn't even Play there. He wouldn't get ahead of Downing. So it's beyond pointless, even thinking about putting him there.

If we brought him here, I guess we can try him as a Second Striker.

Coutinho-Sturridge-Suarez
    Costa

But that's too Risky. Too Top Heavy. Gerrard and Lucas needs to work their socks off or we'll get Murdered in Midfield.

Not a Fan.

I can't imagine why anyone would accuse you of trolling when you are using "little girls" or "retarded" as descriptions of people who disagree with you. Bizarre eh?

Twitter. Conclusive.

Minority or majority, to me it matters not. Let's see where the chips fall at the end of the transfer window. It is suggestive of an agenda to condemn the club's business before that ends.

If we let Skrtel or Suarez go without signing a replacement I will happily say that the window has been a failure. If we keep Suarez and add one more top level first team player then for me it has been a success.

If (like last year!) we progress in terms of league position and win loss % then I will be happy with progress.

The problem with the position of some of the negative fans is that they are completely dogmatic. Not pragmatic. You have to look at the resources available. We don't have a billionaire come to make us their plaything. Rafa is gone. He is now irrelevant to our coming season outside of the fact that he is taking some of his old players.

All we here from the negative crowd is complaints, no criteria for what they would be happy with, short on logic or reality for their claims.

I wish we had an endless bankroll, we don't. I wish we had won the league that year and Rafa's position was solidified, it didn't happen. I wish he had more money so we weren't forced to rely on a paper thin squad. We didn't. I wish Hodgson, the return of Dalglish (spoiled his perfect legacy) and H&G never fukkin happened, but they did.

What we have now is the best ownership scenario we could hope for given that we were club without much recent success in the northwest of England with a debt problem and chronic underinvestment in the ground.

For people to shout and scream when we improve our league position and stabilise the debt and arrive at a situation where we can start to develop Anfield is incredible to me. Start dealing with reality and get away from the mindset that because we are Liverpool we deserve to have the best players and the best managers.

Rebuilding takes some humility and preparation to work damn hard on and off the pitch over a 5 year term.

In short, get real.

Bit touchy?

It matters in here for a few folks, it wasnt me who brought up the "3 or 4 people".

Hahaha, nice one.

Bit touchy?

It matters in here for a few folks, it wasnt me who brought up the "3 or 4 people".

Hahaha, nice one.

Mr. Alan, LuckyLloyd and yourself. Does that not tell you something?

• Advertisement

I can't imagine why anyone would accuse you of trolling when you are using "little girls" or "retarded" as descriptions of people who disagree with you. Bizarre eh?

You are losing the run of yourself.

Depends on where we'll Play him. He normally plays as CF for Atletico.

When Falcao was still with Atletico, Costa usually played off him. Can't do that here with Suarez on the Side. We'll be too Narrow and have no Width except with our FBs, if we Play with a Front 3 of Suarez-Sturridge-Costa.

So we go with 9. Compared to our Strikers, he's only ahead of Borini for me. Yeah, I'd play Aspas on CF before him. So that makes him 4th Choice Striker.

On the Wings? He doesn't have the Pace. Doesn't even Play there. He wouldn't get ahead of Downing. So it's beyond pointless, even thinking about putting him there.

If we brought him here, I guess we can try him as a Second Striker.

Coutinho-Sturridge-Suarez
    Costa

But that's too Risky. Too Top Heavy. Gerrard and Lucas needs to work their socks off or we'll get Murdered in Midfield.

Not a Fan.

If Costa is signed then Suarez is off, partly for the reason you outline above but mainly because it would not make any sense to add such a player if he were staying regardless of Ian Ayres words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Are we actually linked with Costa, or is another Splutter ITK making up things again?

Bit touchy?

Hahaha, nice one.

Not touchy at all, thanks for your warm concern. I am just explaining what I think is missing in your argument.

I see you've fallen short of addressing it.

Maybe discussions are for "little girls" or "retards" in your book.

You are losing the run of yourself.

I don't think I am, but I don't mind that you think I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 3m
    Although David Luiz is not yet ruled out, Liverpool centre back Daniel Agger is now seen as the first centre back option. [sport]

I didn't realise when Agger made those comments earlier that they were in response to actual interest from Barca. I ****ing love that man.

Opr

Not touchy at all, thanks for your warm concern. I am just explaining what I think is missing in your argument.

I see you've fallen short of addressing it.

Maybe discussions are for "little girls" or "retards" in your book.

You're coming across the worst in this by bitching and moaning tbh.

mike65 wrote: »
    If Costa is signed then Suarez is off, partly for the reason you outline above but mainly because it would not make any sense to add such a player if he were staying regardless of Ian Ayres words.

He isn't exactly prolific Costa but he offers something very different to our current options. What sort of fee is being mentioned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Yeah, it's pretty much time for me to unsubscribe to this thread for a while. Hope the next few weeks brings better news or it will be a long season.

YNWA.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You're coming across the worst in this by bitching and moaning tbh.

No he's not. Speaking a lot of sense in my book.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement